Emma: The Feast of Jezebel

Not a challenge. I am dealing with stuff and don’t want to worry about meeting goals.

Back when I was planning to hunker down in Ice Station 4 for the duration  (yeah, that didn’t go so well) I decided to have a celebration each month of some kind. I do want to continue that idea. 

For February we will celebrate the feast of Jezebel.

Jezebel is the patron saint of wronged women.

Motto:  Make Revenge Fabulous.

Theme: French, bien sur.

Miss Bunny and I will be celebrating her feast on February 16. The meal: sparkling cider, crepes with spinach, bacon and Swiss cheese sauce, for dessert pots de creme  au chocolat.  

The movie will be The Last Holiday. I bought Miss Bunny some new clothes from build a bear for our celebration  and I was surprisingly happy when they arrived. I was taught (by abusive parents and ex) that stuff doesn’t bring happiness, but apparently, sometimes it does. (Hmm, strangely enough, they all seemed to have a whole lot of stuff)

Covid. Disclaimer here. I am not a doctor, just a humble xray tech with a strong interest in self preservation.

My state will be lifting restrictions next week and we will go back to “normal”.  This is so wrong.  More variants are still coming. Our hospitals can’t handle the surges. I am just fed up. Many years ago, during the reign of Bush the First, if any of you infants remember that far back, the CDC added a page saying that abortions caused breast cancer, which is a total lie. So I have known for years now that that CDC is a political beast, answering to politicians and corporations. I haven’t totally trusted them since then.  I guess now the corporations are tired of not making all the money and are willing to sacrifice us for their bottom line. It’s hard to get accurate numbers, but if we haven’t passed one million deaths by now, we will soon. The published numbers are generally acknowledged by most scientists to be an undercount.

Personally,  I will continue to mask in public and avoid crowds. Mutations will still be coming along for a very long time to come and I hope the scientists can keep up with the vaccines. We still know very little about long covid but what I have been learning is quite frightening. Long term damage to cardiovascular systems (being tethered to an oxygen tank really slows a person down) and nervous systems (impaired brain function) and god only knows what else. We just don’t know yet. I think I am more afraid of long Covid than I am of the acute version of covid.

I wish you good health,  friends, and may whatever God you believe in bless us all.

A reminder:

Some medications can suppress the immune system and make vaccines ineffective. Check with your doctor.

• Like 8

I'm glad you have a non-challenge :) 

We're going to end all covid restrictions too at the end of the month. Including the need to self isolate if you have Covid. Which to me is lunacy but I suppose it really is every person for themselves now. 

• Like 1

It's the hyperman set

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I’m with you both. Covid isn’t going to just take its ball and go home if we decide we don’t want to play anymore. We just lose. 

people are dumb. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

6 hours ago, fleaball said:

people are dumb. 

And getting dumber. 
https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2020/04/29/technology-is-on-the-rise-while-iq-is-on-the-decline/?sh=235cbb3db103

7 hours ago, deftona said:

I suppose it really is every person for themselves now. 

It has felt like the Wild, Wild West for awhile now.

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following. 

Hi! You are welcome here.

• Like 2

Rough night. Tower of Babel and babbling. Why can’t people shut up and listen once in awhile? I needed help getting a patient into bed and it took twenty minutes to get through all the babbling. They would talk and talk and walk away and not shut up long enough for me to ask for help. “There’s so and so. He’s in the wheelchair. He’s totally alert (Oh no, he totally isn’t.) He can walk on his own (no, he can’t.)”
Trucker freedom convoy. How will they know they’ve won? Their demands are all over the map. No way they will get all of them met. Now they’re talking about starting one in SoCal and working its way east to DC. And apparently they are preparing for something similar in Europe. Where’s the money coming from to do this? Gas isn’t cheap.

I really wish the governments had spent some time planning how to live with Covid, instead of just throwing up their hands and giving up. 
I am not happy. Pushed the bed against the wall, threw all the pillows on it and made a blanket fort. Just don’t want to deal with the world anymore. Want to cry. Watching those two tv shows from the seventies it has really struck me how much our society has changed, and for the worse. Talking about people here, not tech.

I don’t want to be here anymore. We used to be a great country. Not anymore. So sad.

• Sad 3

Irregular heartbeat. Since 9 am. I have tried the physical solutions, didn’t work. That leaves stress. (Part of why the above post, trying to figure it out.) Usually once I figure out the stress my heart goes back to normal. So far no luck. Called out for work. Don’t want to be driving all over with this going on.

• Sad 4

Still here. Work happened. Boss forgot he had given me the day off so I got a call

you going to pick up that stat that’s been on the board forever?

it’s my day off? 
did you ask for it off?

you approved it last month.

oh.

Note to self. Remind boss a couple of days ahead about time off.

He called coworker E who was happy for the overtime. I have been very happy for the time off. Two more days off. Being very lazy and enjoying it.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Emma said:

Note to self. Remind boss a couple of days ahead about time off.

This reminds me, I should tell my other project manager about my upcoming time off (a different PM from the one who approved the time off). That project is fairly quiet, but I should tell him I'm going to be gone anyway.

I'm glad you're enjoying your time off!

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 20212022

Neighbor’s dog charged me last night. I was getting out of my car and the dog yanked her leash out of her owners hand and came at me. I got back in the car and waited until neighbor had the dog’s  leash again. Chatted this morning with her and she does seem to understand how very bad this was. I really don’t approve of the way she is handling the dog. From the beginning she told me to stay away from the dog. I think it would have been better to be getting acquainted with the dog from the very beginning, seven months ago. Really upset about this. I am documenting and if I have to call animal control I will.

Mask mandates are officially down in our county even though our case rate is still pretty high. Unvaccinated are still required to wear masks indoors. Riiight. We all know how that’s going to go.

Country is officially calling Covid endemic now, aka we give up. Scientists are still divided on whether future variants will be more or less virulent. We just don’t know. I know, people are tired of all this, I am too, but government has really not been handling this well.

The cherry trees are blooming right now. It is truly beautiful. What’s wrong with this picture?  It’s  the middle of February for frick’s sake!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
3 hours ago, Emma said:

Neighbor came over with a cookie. For me to give to the dog. :) Spent some time in the driveway getting acquainted with the puppy. She behaved pretty well. Neighbor plans to continue this. Good. 

This is the way. Plus, you get puppy time.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

According to New York times

omicron deaths top those of delta wave. And are still increasing in some areas. Official case count about 176% higher than in the equivalent length delta period. And the true case count is even higher because of all the home testing. 

US passed one million Covid deaths a few days ago.

But sure, let’s drop all those interfering unpleasant public health mandates. 

Gah. I want to go back in that cave and hide from a world filled with idiots.

• Sad 2

In the 1980s A and W sold a 1/3 pound hamburger for the same price as McDonald’s 1/4 pounder. Despite aggressive marketing the 1/3 pounder never caught on. They hired a marketing research firm to find out why. Turned out most people believed 1/3 pound is less than 1/4 pound.
And some people  wonder why we are in the mess we are today.

• Like 2
On 2/20/2022 at 1:18 PM, Emma said:

But sure, let’s drop all those interfering unpleasant public health mandates. 

I hear you. It's denial, pure and simple.

I have to admit, I no longer know what else there is to do. I don't see any viable exit strategy left to us apart from letting it go endemic. The "herd immunity" folks haven't left us much choice. But, damn, son, don't drop your guard yet. It's not stable or managed. The hospitals aren't out of the woods, which was most of the point of all this. (People often forget lockdown was never about not catching it. That was just, hopefully, a nice side effect. It was about slowing it down enough to keep the hospitals functioning.)

I wonder what it's like to live in a country that had fifty or a hundred deaths.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

I was reading through a couple of my challenges from just before the pandemic and they reminded me that we constantly had someone sick in this house.  (Except for my bout with covid) we haven’t had a single cold since masks. I think I’ll keep wearing them anyway.  

• Like 3

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

55 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I was reading through a couple of my challenges from just before the pandemic and they reminded me that we constantly had someone sick in this house.  (Except for my bout with covid) we haven’t had a single cold since masks. I think I’ll keep wearing them anyway.  

I remember that first winter of the lockdown NOONE had the flu.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

6 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Smart move, especially since you’re dealing with issues from long Covid. Not good to add a cold or flu on top of long covid. 

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I remember that first winter of the lockdown NOONE had the flu.

Yup. I forgot to get my flu shot last winter. And, oops, this winter as well. Haven’t been sick even once. I used to come down with at least one bad cold (mild flu?) every winter before I started the flu shots. 

• Like 1