Aquarii: Bloodshot

Campaign 2022

Adventure: Bloodshot

image.jpeg.3515c90723391d561e4a09e5981b26f8.jpeg

I wasn’t really able to keep up with posting last challenge, but for those who were following along, my character did survive and is not a dhampir or vampire spawn (yay!). So, I did manage to stay mostly on top of my goals, despite having to down-prioritize posting.

This challenge is going to be exhausting on so many levels (hence the title). I am currently in the process of buying a house and it is absolute madness. To add to the insanity, my youngest brother (12 years old) has been in the ER for a few days due to a complication/secondary issue after contracting Covid and we just found out today that Aries’ grandmother is in hospice now. 

Over the next two weeks I also have an intern and a manager starting, who will both need training and attention on top of our usually-busy workload. 

SO, the goal this challenge is to just do what I can. I am not going to bother with points for this round and I have not decided if I will bother with tracking.

Goals:

Workout 2x a week

15 min walk 2x a week

Use the stairs more

Use my standing desk more

Avoid going insane or having a mental breakdown

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

Oh, and special thanks to our sponsor, Coffee, for sponsoring this challenge 🤣

• Haha 3

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

My brother was finally released from the ER, so things are looking hopeful on that front. Poor kid was there for a few days.

• Like 5

Well, I have somehow managed to get in two walks and a workout so far this week, and have been more intentional about using my standing desk and taking the stairs more frequently. So week one is going pretty strong despite plenty of mayhem on the housing front. 

Apparently my driver's license ID expired this month, which is hanging up a bunch of stuff. So now I have to deal with getting that renewed asap -_- I am not looking forward to it. The lines are always forever long and the people who work there never do anything quickly. Plus it means being in an enclosed space with people who have zero respect for social distancing, because it is the Midwest and people just apparently don't care here. I went ahead and requested off half a day to deal with it, because I know I can't get it done over a lunch break with how long it takes. I will consider myself lucky if I stand inline for less than an hour and a half.

• Like 2

This is totally random, but I am super excited about it. A few years ago, I was experimenting with natural deodorants and like "healthy" deodorant companies because I was trying to get away from deodorant with aluminum in it. I gave up because I could not find any that really worked for me. Well, recently Aries found this brand that is aluminum free and baking soda free, and is sent to active members of the US military to test it out in the field to make sure it works. I decided to try it, and I love it. It is technically marketed as a "men's" deodorant, but gendering products is stupid; I wear what I want XD

• Like 3

Love your goals. Simple yet challenging.

I hate elevators, so I almost always take the stairs. 

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Wakes the White Wolf

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBorn

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

I just found out my favorite voice professor from college passed away two days ago. This week is the worst.

• Sad 2

23 hours ago, Aquarii said:

Apparently my driver's license ID expired this month, which is hanging up a bunch of stuff. So now I have to deal with getting that renewed asap -_- I am not looking forward to it.

Well, this did not happen. Instead, I ran around totally stressed trying to find the documents that I needed for these new IDs. I thought I had them, but I searched my apartment top to bottom and was totally freaking out, only to find out my mom had it. Now I just need to coordinate getting the document and I can get things back on track. This is just not my week, haha.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WolfDreamer said:

Love your goals. Simple yet challenging.

I hate elevators, so I almost always take the stairs. 

Hello! Always happy to see you stop by :)

Why do you hate elevators? Just the enclosed space? I kinda hate the elevators in the building I work in. I don't usually mind them, but these elevators are old and just kinda make me wonder if I am going to get stuck in one someday. All the more motivation to take the stairs whenever possible. Even if it is up to the third floor (well, I am pretty sure it is 3.5, the staircase is too many steps for a usual floor. I think the ceiling on the first floor is really tall).

• Like 1

I feel so very torn with this challenge. On the one hand, I want to keep things light and fun and just moving forward with goals and whatnot. But then there is reality. The struggle to just keep my composure and keep to together each day. And by some weird trick of the light, the challenge moves forward while my mind feels like it is caving in. It is this lost and lonely, yet all too familiar feeling.

• Sad 2

Well, totally fell off the planet this challenge, but thought I would let you know I am still alive, for those of you keep tabs. Things got so crazy. A couple deaths of people we know/family, family health issues, huge changes at my job, and…we finally bought a house! 

No scheduled “workout” this week, but I already have more activity this week than in months with all the cleaning and stuff (we closed on Monday). Now I am off to lay down some more paint and get high on paint fumes, lol

• Like 2

On 2/18/2022 at 11:06 PM, Kishi said:

That kind of dis-integration doesn't sound like a good place to stay. If you have to ease up on the challenge, don't be afraid to do so. It's here to help you, remember?

Ultimately, I pretty much had to do exactly that. I don’t feel bad about it though. Since basically the first month of January, my life has been a whirlwind of chaos and there is only so much I can stay on top of at once. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Aquarii said:

Ultimately, I pretty much had to do exactly that. I don’t feel bad about it though. Since basically the first month of January, my life has been a whirlwind of chaos and there is only so much I can stay on top of at once. 

For sure! Sounds like you've been through a lot. Sounds like it's not over yet either, but look at you getting through it anyway. Badass!

On 3/13/2022 at 12:30 AM, Kishi said:

For sure! Sounds like you've been through a lot. Sounds like it's not over yet either, but look at you getting through it anyway. Badass!

Thanks! I am doing the best I can. The sleep deprivation is so real and there is still SO much to do over the next week and a half. But we have at least made a big dent in the seemingly endless to-do list. At least fitness doesn’t have to be on that list, lol. Painting and moving (especially moving into a 3 story home) is giving me the best workout I have had in years 🤣

• Like 2

Hey. May the Force be with you. Sorry it’s been a rough challenge, I feel you there because I feel like I’ve been out of it this whole year. 

Heck I just now found your stuff. 

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

On 3/15/2022 at 4:06 PM, Aquarii said:

But we have at least made a big dent in the seemingly endless to-do list.

Awesome! That's a win.

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Wakes the White Wolf

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBorn

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b