“So anyway, I started blasting”

Ello! I’ve been part of the Rebellion on and off for years, but one of those extras who get over dramatically laser-blasted in the background with a Wilhelm Scream that isn’t even in the credits. 

At first I was on the women’s Facebook group for a bit; but I quit social media a while ago- got tired of the keeping up with appearances stuff.

Then I ran across the NF crew on Discord last year right before a bot started destroying it in some crazy apocalypse scene (“so anyway, I started blasting…”).

A while later I found a little post-apocalypse camp out back on Discord and noticed it needed Forum approval, but didn’t get around to it lazily.

This morning I saw a meme about The Rock’s legendary cheat meals and I thought, “probably would be nice to have some motivation and place to ask questions…”

So, here I am. At least until I get distracted by something.

• Like 4

🗡Character: Level: 3 | Class: Fighter (Samurai) | Background: Entertainer (Dancer) | Race: Kitsune | AlignmentChaotic Good
2022 Challenges: Mar-Apr, May-Jun, Jun-Jul, Jul-Sep, Sep-Oct, Oct-Nov, Dec(Mini)

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*

..and you're a Warrior! What kind of training do you do? Barbells? Body weight? Kettlebells? 

• That's Metal 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

11 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

..and you're a Warrior! What kind of training do you do? Barbells? Body weight? Kettlebells? 

Yeah!! Actually, when I very first started I was going for more Druid as I felt like maybe it would “easier” 😅 Then I tried to go Ranger, but I can’t say I’ve ever *really* liked running. Finally, I realised I loved lifting! I love slowly feeling stronger and getting my GRR >:0 on ☺️

I’m doing Level 4 Gym on the NF path at the moment. I’m super excited to be up to deadlifts again and just bought myself some rings that I have attached to my chin-up bar!  I already had invested in a bench set and box jump. I can’t do a proper push-up yet off my knees really, let alone do a chin-up- but I’m determined to get there! I just need to lose more weight so I can carry myself.

What do you use, fellow Warrior? 😄

• Like 1

🗡Character: Level: 3 | Class: Fighter (Samurai) | Background: Entertainer (Dancer) | Race: Kitsune | AlignmentChaotic Good
2022 Challenges: Mar-Apr, May-Jun, Jun-Jul, Jul-Sep, Sep-Oct, Oct-Nov, Dec(Mini)

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*

Same here, mainly body weight exercises while waiting for the Current Plague to fade from my local, very vaccine-averse, community and make the gym safe again.

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

On 3/7/2022 at 4:46 AM, Alanna said:

Welcome from another Warrior! I'm primarily doing bodyweight exercises these days. Getting rings is very exciting! 

Are you planning to join in the five week challenges? :)

Hello!! I keep hearing about the challenges with the Quests but don’t know much about them! I’d love to!

On 3/7/2022 at 5:50 AM, Scaly Freak said:

Same here, mainly body weight exercises while waiting for the Current Plague to fade from my local, very vaccine-averse, community and make the gym safe again.

Yeah, I’ve been slowly collecting home equipment but there’s a lot of things I miss the gym for; I feel you.

• Like 1

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*

8 hours ago, SakuraKitsune said:

Hello!! I keep hearing about the challenges with the Quests but don’t know much about them! I’d love to!

The challenges are very self-guided, but that just means you get to set your own goals and make your own schedule. They run for 5 weeks and you can find more info here. We're in week 4 of the current challenge, but don't hesitate to jump in and and play along for the last 2 weeks - really, you can start a challenge at any time! Plus it can give you a good preview so that you can hit the ground running when the next one starts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 16 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

CURRENT CHALLENGE