Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! [March 27-June 11]

On 4/20/2022 at 7:13 AM, Shello said:

Brain weasels.  Would it help to take a break from weighing and just do measurements weekly?  

Thanks. I think right now I will continue weighing, and just tell the brain weasels I am collecting data. But, if it continues bugging me, I might take a break. Just the fact that I give myself permission to stop helps the brain weasels a bit

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Starting weight 242.0 

Week 1: 240.4 (down 1.6)

Week 2: 241.2 (up 0.8)

Week 3: 239.6 (down 1.6)

Week 4: 237.6 (down 2.0)

I'm skeptical of the weigh in number.  It's seems to have been moving faster over the last couple days, which is great.  But there were some really rough days this week.  There are just so many obstacles.  I guess I'll wait and see how this week turns out.  I have one dinner out planned midweek and then it's Food Truck season and we're hitting a Food Truck pageant on Saturday.  

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

1 hour ago, Shello said:

Starting weight 242.0 

I'm skeptical of the weigh in number.  It's seems to have been moving faster over the last couple days, which is great.  But there were some really rough days this week.  There are just so many obstacles.  I guess I'll wait and see how this week turns out.  I have one dinner out planned midweek and then it's Food Truck season and we're hitting a Food Truck pageant on Saturday.  

Congrats on the weight loss! A Food Truck pageant sounds like an amazing thing.

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Uh...hello there.

Honestly, I have never tried or wanted to lose weight before. In fact, in some past challenges I have tried to gain weight. But things have changed. Body fat is up, muscle mass is down, flexibility is nowhere to be found, motivation is fleeting. I'm respawning on Sunday with a new challenge and it involves losing some weight, so here I am.

I'll put the story of what's been going on and how I gained weight in my challenge. The bottom line for the PVP is I think I can lose about 8lb total, but I have to ease into exercise because my core is quite weak and my flexibility very poor, so I'm starting this week and setting a goal of 6lb for the 7 weeks remaining and see how that is. I'm more concerned about waist than pounds because I just want my work shirts to fit. I weighed this morning. I'll measure waist tonight and put it in the spreadsheet.

Strategy:

• Core exercises daily
  • Yoga 3x week
  • Walk/jog 3x week to work up to running
  • Batch cook lunches every week
  • Takeout no more than twice per week
  • Mostly water, but when not, I'll have my coffee black and my Dr Pepper in Zero form

Thanks y'all. Things have been real tough lately and it's time to get myself in shape.

• Like 5

🌹❄️ Inside we're torn apart, but time will mend our hearts ...so let's just live 🔥🖤

Last Challenge: Fox and the Imaginary Seaside Summer | Current Challenge: Fox Keeps it Simple (with RWBY gifs)

A coworker handed me a packet of gummy bears. I later went and gave them to a coworker in a different department who was enthusiastic about how they are the best gummy bears and then I felt bad that I didn't give them to my husband, but my husband is also losing weight and I have a bad habit of baking sweets whenever he decides maybe it's time to lose weight and then we both eat half a pan of brownies (I found the best homemade brownie recipe, for real) so this was probably the right choice.......yeah.....

• Like 4

🌹❄️ Inside we're torn apart, but time will mend our hearts ...so let's just live 🔥🖤

Last Challenge: Fox and the Imaginary Seaside Summer | Current Challenge: Fox Keeps it Simple (with RWBY gifs)

The scale said I had lost a pound. It's about a half pound lower than Monday's weigh in , so it may pop back up a bit.

Also, my khaki pants felt really well. And some spring pants that were too tight fit now (could still be a bit looser) My new jeans that I bought at a size 6 are a bit loose! 

• Like 3

On 4/25/2022 at 5:11 PM, foxinthenorth said:

Thanks y'all. Things have been real tough lately and it's time to get myself in shape.

Welcome!  Good job with the gummy bears.  I always find it hard to turn down food given from people around me.  

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

The scale said I had lost a pound. It's about a half pound lower than Monday's weigh in , so it may pop back up a bit.

Also, my khaki pants felt really well. And some spring pants that were too tight fit now (could still be a bit looser) My new jeans that I bought at a size 6 are a bit loose! 

Well done! 

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

2 hours ago, Lively said:

Start 225.6

Week 1 : 225

Week 2: 224

Week3: 224.6

Week4: 224.6

Week 5: 221.3

I hit a new weight bracket and was in the teens but it crept back up some on Monday. Regardless, it's a loss!

Woot!

The coworker with the gummy bears is trying to establish himself as the snack man! He came over and said he didn't know I was going to be working in-person today so he didn't have enough of today's snack, but I could have a sneak preview of next week's snack (a wafer cookie) and he came back later to see if I'd tried it yet, so I ate half of it and gave commentary on it's flavor and texture (which is one of the best ways to eat food, amirite?). 😅  The whole interaction brightened my day. I will just be accounting for a small treat on Tuesdays and Thursdays from now on.

• Like 3

My friend offered to take me out to a meadery after I had a really difficult day earlier this week and that's happening tonight. Mead is like 99809134789 calories. Also I put my stats into the calorie calculator and made the horrifying discovery that based on my height, weight, and activity level, I need to eat like 1500 calories to lose a pound a week??!? Once my core gets strengthened up I can ramp up exercise and that will help, but in the meantime the meadery trip is probably going to be my whole day's worth of calories. 😅 My plan is to have spinach salad with smoked turkey for lunch and a in-n-out hamburger protein style (patty wrapped in lettuce) for dinner.

Tomorrow we are taking a day trip to some botanical gardens which means eating out more, so I'm going to look for something light for lunch (salad hopefully) and halve my dinner portion and save the leftovers for the next day.

I generally really enjoy thinking about nutrition but being mindful of calories is new for me and I'm finding it to be a mildly pleasant diversion. Aiming for lower caloric intake also meshes really well with trying to eat MOAR VEGGIES which is me all the time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

My friend offered to take me out to a meadery after I had a really difficult day earlier this week and that's happening tonight. Mead is like 99809134789 calories. Also I put my stats into the calorie calculator and made the horrifying discovery that based on my height, weight, and activity level, I need to eat like 1500 calories to lose a pound a week??!? Once my core gets strengthened up I can ramp up exercise and that will help, but in the meantime the meadery trip is probably going to be my whole day's worth of calories. 😅 My plan is to have spinach salad with smoked turkey for lunch and a in-n-out hamburger protein style (patty wrapped in lettuce) for dinner.

Tomorrow we are taking a day trip to some botanical gardens which means eating out more, so I'm going to look for something light for lunch (salad hopefully) and halve my dinner portion and save the leftovers for the next day.

I generally really enjoy thinking about nutrition but being mindful of calories is new for me and I'm finding it to be a mildly pleasant diversion. Aiming for lower caloric intake also meshes really well with trying to eat MOAR VEGGIES which is me all the time.

Sounds like a good plan . As a short person, I hear you on the difficulty of  how little calories you can eat. 

• Like 1

I managed to drop about a pound this week...which is about all I've managed to drop this challenge (except the ball, I've definitely dropped that :lol: )

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Does anybody know if I'm supposed to measure my waist where I bend sideways, or level with the belly button? The internet has offered both as answers. I did around the belly button last week but I'm trying to buy new shorts online and that measurement gives me a size 14/Large which is definitely not right (I was a size 2-4/small before). If I measure at the narrow part of my waist its a difference of 3 inches from the belly button measurement.

Hello gang, I'm back!

Last year's weight loss was a great success and I am happy to say I have kept it off. Thank you all to your support in that journey!

I have decided I would like to lose the extra couple of kilos and get down to 70kg. That's ~3kg/6lbs of loss. I would love to manage that by the end of this challenge (which also coincides with a trip I am taking to visit home in the UK).

I'll be calorie counting (~1800/day) and upping my exercise a little bit (more dance classes and working on my push ups).

Will weigh in in the morning, and add my measurements to the sheet :)

• Like 3

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

17 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

Does anybody know if I'm supposed to measure my waist where I bend sideways, or level with the belly button? The internet has offered both as answers. I did around the belly button last week but I'm trying to buy new shorts online and that measurement gives me a size 14/Large which is definitely not right (I was a size 2-4/small before). If I measure at the narrow part of my waist its a difference of 3 inches from the belly button measurement.

I think it's at the narrowest part of your waist.  

12 hours ago, Keladris said:

Hello gang, I'm back!

Last year's weight loss was a great success and I am happy to say I have kept it off. Thank you all to your support in that journey!

I have decided I would like to lose the extra couple of kilos and get down to 70kg. That's ~3kg/6lbs of loss. I would love to manage that by the end of this challenge (which also coincides with a trip I am taking to visit home in the UK).

I'll be calorie counting (~1800/day) and upping my exercise a little bit (more dance classes and working on my push ups).

Will weigh in in the morning, and add my measurements to the sheet :)

Welcome back!  

• Like 1

Starting weight 242.0 

Week 5: 238.4 (up 0.8)

This makes perfect sense.  I was skeptical of last week's weigh in.  It was an anomaly compared to the other weigh ins around it.  And this week's weigh in comes in after my weekend zero.  My brother came for a spontaneous visit.  There was pizza delivery, a big brunch out, and food trucks!  I basically maintained for the week overall and I'm pretty happy with that.  New challenge is posted and it's outdoor themed.  I'm hoping to get some fitnessing in from gardening and yard work.  It's so much easier to get that heart rate going if I'm distracted by a project.  

• Like 3

Just weight in at 73.6KG. Which is wild cos 10 days ago I was down to 72kg... Weight does seem to be a bit random sometimes!

I also took photos and you can see if I have gained a little fat (although lost KGs weirdly) since a year ago. I suspect its because I haven't been doing my full strength circuit workouts so maybe I lost a bit of muscle and gained fat?

In other news, my arms and chest are killing me after push up training yesterday!!

• Like 2

Keladris the Bard
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

5 minutes ago, Shello said:

I think it's at the narrowest part of your waist.  

okiiieee I better re-measure then!

I weighed in at 125.2lb today which has me thinking my starting weigh in was a fluke because I don't think I lost 4lb in a week (plus my, uh, belly measurement [see above about measuring in the wrong spot] didn't go down much [though I did trim a half inch so that's cool]) and the other times I weighed myself in the month of April it was around the 125-126 weight.  My hubs pointed out I need more data points before I draw any conclusions especially since I don't know what my metabolism is like now, but I'm recording my suspicions as a sort of post-script to updating the spreadsheet.

• Like 3

Woof woof. I've been absent the last two weeks. Been a lot going on between personal and work life. Some good, some bad. Still dealing with the fallout of losing my cousin. I gained 1.2 lbs this week as I have really reverted to some bad dietary habits since around Easter. I need to impose some more discipline on my eating and get back to what I was doing since February.

I'm also dealing with some injuries so working out is probably not happening this week (hurt hands/wrists, groin pull from a run and Achilles pain). I think this is part of trying to be active in middle age, you need to know when to back off so you can get back to things without really injuring yourself. I always have this thought in my head to 'lose the battle but win the war' if that makes sense. 

On 4/19/2022 at 8:29 PM, Fairly_Bouncer said:

Sorry for your loss, and hope this week goes well for you too!

Thank you for your kind words! 

Unrelated to health and fitness, I started to watch the original Star Trek series and am really enjoying it! I am not a big TV guy but I do like sci-fi books/movies and although some stuff is dated, the writing and ideas they present are often really thought-provoking. Anyone like the original series? And are there other sci shows you would recommend from any era? 

Happy Monday everyone!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Keladris said:

In other news, my arms and chest are killing me after push up training yesterday!!

The best hurt there is!

56 minutes ago, 'BoutThatActionBoss said:

I've been absent the last two weeks.

Sometimes a break is just what you need to rejuvenate so you can come back strong. 

• Like 2

Starting weight 242.0 

Week 5: 238.4 (up 0.8)

Week 6: 238.6 (up 0.2)

Ok not a great week.  I pretty much maintained.  2 migraines and went over calories both days while also limiting activity.  I did have a couple nights out that contributed too.   No rain projected for this week so maybe I can get a lot of walking in and there isn't much distraction this week either.  I need a good week.  

• Like 1

Hello!  Yes, hi.  Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening... I am here!  Post-COVID, enduring COVID-Lung and COVID-Energy Drought. 

Time to get my ass back in gear though.  Weighed in today at an embarrassing 238.2lbs which puts me back up there around my NF starting zone weight but with a significant amount of muscle (and knowledge) retained I am confident that number can be convinced to evaporate!  I also did my first dumbbell workout in months today, did a couple of weak run intervals with the dog during our morning walk, and am somewhat more or less on track to meet my tracking calories today.

I am encouraged by this shaky start 😆

• Like 6

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Yesterday I weighed in at 72.65kg and today at 73.45... I think I will log the higher amount for now! It is quite wild how much my weight fluctuates over a day or two. Need to figure out how to track averages instead probably. I do always weigh myself at the same time of day before eating.

Keladris the Bard