10 hours ago, Harriet said:

Carer: Let me help you!

You:

Cats The Musical No GIF by HBO Max

Carer: cries

Sounds like a good strategy. Can adults also apply this to themselves? Asking for a friend

Yes, this works on people of all ages.

When I have a need I ask for things, I just don't feel like I need that much.

2 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

I'm late to the party but popping in to say I'm proud of you, as always, and so glad you're all feeling a little better.  ❤️  Early childhood is rough for the whole family as the kidlets develop their immunity - the germs find holes in our immune systems too.  :P 

Thank you for the encouragement.
4dcec7768769cb4c121023c1593f5c1593c6eba8

Today is a good day. Work was good and easy. We had a rushed dinner, then went to my Brother-in-Law's house to have cake to celebrate my Mother-In-Law's birthday. It was fun to see everyone. Dinner was good, I put chicken thighs in a crock pot (boneless skinless of course) with salt, pepper, garlic, sliced onion, sliced red bell pepper, a big can of crushed tomatoes, two bay leaves, and sprigs of thyme. I cooked it on low for eight hours, discarded the thyme and bay leaves, and served it over egg noodles. It was good, though perhaps not best in a slow cooker. There was a bit too much liquid, which would have evaporated as steam with another cooking method. The flavor, however, was amazing.

In the morning before work I did some stretches.

• Like 11

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

19 hours ago, Emma said:

😂

I first saw that after becoming a parent, it seemed poignant.

Today is a good day. Work was good again. We had delivery for dinner. I got a KB workout in before work. It feels good to say I did something every day this week for movement.

• Like 9

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Today is a good day. I started by going to my disc golf group, and it was a blast. It was a great course, some open holes on the back end and some in the trees. I got to walk under leafy trees! That makes my soul happy. Then we had lunch out, and went to get some things from HEB and Little Bit got to ride in a yellow race-car shopping cart (yellow is her favorite color). We all had a good nap after that. We worked on Laundry (whole family! as Little Bit puts it, she was a very good helper) and I made some good dinner. I took 2 lbs ground beef, 1 cup panko bread crumbs, 2 eggs, 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 4-6 tbsp tomato paste (I measured with my heart), and 2 tbsp Mustard. I mixed that and put it in a 9x5 loaf pan I had greased and baked it at 400 degrees 45 minutes. At that point I took it out and brushed it with a mixture of 1/4 c balsamic vinegar and 3/4 c ketchup, then put it back in for 30 minutes. I let it rest for ten, and served it with mashed potatoes and green beans.  It was heaven. I have over 10k steps today too :) 

• Like 16

Current Challenge

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I got to walk under leafy trees! That makes my soul happy. 

Big same, friend.  I'm glad you got some good nature therapy!

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. I started by going to my disc golf group, and it was a blast. It was a great course, some open holes on the back end and some in the trees. I got to walk under leafy trees! That makes my soul happy. Then we had lunch out, and went to get some things from HEB and Little Bit got to ride in a yellow race-car shopping cart (yellow is her favorite color). We all had a good nap after that.

Sounds like a lovely day. Yellow is a cheering colour. Leaves are spiritually nourishing. Worcestershire has a pleasing taste and mildly perplexing but ultimately excellent spelling. It has a great many letters, which is how you can tell that a word's got real quality and heft.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

42 minutes ago, shaar said:

Big same, friend.  I'm glad you got some good nature therapy!

Thank you friend.

36 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Sounds like a lovely day. Yellow is a cheering colour. Leaves are spiritually nourishing. Worcestershire has a pleasing taste and mildly perplexing but ultimately excellent spelling. It has a great many letters, which is how you can tell that a word's got real quality and heft.

A perfectly cromulent word. Nice and woody, too.

Today is a good day. Church was good, I was quite sleepy between church and nap, but the nap was had. While sleepy I managed to make lunch. Chicken and frozen stir-fry veggies cooked with sesame oil, ginger paste, garlic, and Teriyaki sauce (I added the Teriyaki after the chicken was mostly done). I added a cornstarch slurry and let it thicken. I served it over rice.

• Like 11

Current Challenge

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

While sleepy I managed to make lunch. Chicken and frozen stir-fry veggies cooked with sesame oil, ginger paste, garlic, and Teriyaki sauce (I added the Teriyaki after the chicken was mostly done). I added a cornstarch slurry and let it thicken. I served it over rice.

Oo, that sounds lovely. Apart from the word slurry, which I always think is a particularly unappetising word (despite it being the right word, and the fact that I put cornflour slurry in the gravy I made last night).

• Like 1

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 4  -  CON: 1  -  CHA: 1  -  SAN: 2  -  INT: 2

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Little and Often

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

A perfectly cromulent word. Nice and woody, too.

I love the word cromulent. It's so aesthetically over the top for its actual meaning.

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

22 hours ago, Rookie said:

Ah I love that Little Bit loves yellow and it makes my heart happy that you did laundry as a family 🥺 that’s so sweet! 

Food as always sounds awesome! 

We were able to find ways to let her actually do stuff AND not let it set us back.

8 hours ago, Jarric said:

Oo, that sounds lovely. Apart from the word slurry, which I always think is a particularly unappetising word (despite it being the right word, and the fact that I put cornflour slurry in the gravy I made last night).

angry lisa simpson GIF

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

I love the word cromulent. It's so aesthetically over the top for its actual meaning.

One might say it is, in fact, cromulent for comedic purposes.

2 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

I wonder how many takes Hanks was able to do before his voice was shot.

Today is a day. I was tired (low quantity of sleep last night, couldn't fall asleep for a bit) and didn't even cook. I did get a round of KBs in but apparently I had will power either for cooking or working out, but not both.

• Like 10

Current Challenge

Hope you get better sleep tonight friend!

• Thanks 1

Sorry sorry for the round of illness, and glad everyone is feeling better. 

I like that Little Bit knows she is a Very Good Helper™️ -- this is ultimately what all our souls need. 

Hooray for disc golf, yellow race cars, and green leaves!

Hooray for yummy food and good days.

Sending lots of love to Casa de Tank.

• Thanks 1

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

12 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Hope you get better sleep tonight friend!

spongebob squarepants sleeping GIF

3 hours ago, Heidi said:

Sorry sorry for the round of illness, and glad everyone is feeling better. 

I like that Little Bit knows she is a Very Good Helper™️ -- this is ultimately what all our souls need. 

Hooray for disc golf, yellow race cars, and green leaves!

Hooray for yummy food and good days.

Sending lots of love to Casa de Tank.

Thank you for the kind words, they were effective.

Today is a good day :D 

Got up and helped Little Bit and Sra Tanque get off to school then took a nap :D 

Went on a three mile walk through the trails on a nearby park. The sky was blue, all the leaves were green,* and birds were singing over my head almost the whole time. It was very restorative. After that I had lunch, watched a stand up special on Netflix, then filed our taxes. This was the first year to file having spent money on day care.

Oh My God Omg GIF

Our return was $5,275 :D 

Then I made dinner.

jhge3wczuln11.jpg

I adapted our waffle mix to make pancakes with an adaptation I found online.** I also made some bacon and scrambled eggs. It was amazing. Also my first time making pancakes.

*My heart was, indeed, as full as a baked potato.

**The adaptation is simply add slightly more water.

• Like 12

Current Challenge

51 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Also my first time making pancakes.

Mind blown.   

• Like 1

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Also my first time making pancakes.

Mind equally blown.   

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I adapted our waffle mix to make pancakes with an adaptation I found online.** I also made some bacon and scrambled eggs. It was amazing. Also my first time making pancakes.

This is so confusing to me. Do you not like pancakes, or has someone else been making them for you?

• Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I've never made waffles, nor understood the difference to pancakes. But I have made toasted sandwiches in a toasted sandwich maker, which seems very similar to a waffle maker. The maker enhances the palatability of the sandwiches by an infinite amount, so it seems only sensible to apply its powers to pancake batter.

• Like 1

I do not like pancakes, or waffles, nor indeed anything that involves syrup*. Thus I, too, had never made pancakes until I had a child in the house.

Congratulations on Pancakes!

#AchievementUnlocked

National Pancake Day Love GIF by 100% Soft

*French toast should be served with berries, lots of butter, and an entirely optional mere dusting of powdered sugar. I understand this makes me an outcast, but it doesn't necessarily make me wrong. Purists, unite.

• Like 4

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

40 minutes ago, Heidi said:

*French toast should be served with berries, lots of butter, and an entirely optional mere dusting of powdered sugar. I understand this makes me an outcast, but it doesn't necessarily make me wrong. Purists, unite.

Non-Americans, unite ;) 

Waffles, pancakes, French toast, and similar delicious dishes , are served with berries in most other countries I've been to. :)

• Like 4

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38

17 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Mind blown.   

+

4 hours ago, Shello said:

Mind equally blown.   

+

1 hour ago, Emma said:

Mind also blown.

+

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

This is so confusing to me. Do you not like pancakes, or has someone else been making them for you?

Yes, I don't usually care for pancakes. I did like the ones I made for myself.

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

I've never made waffles, nor understood the difference to pancakes. But I have made toasted sandwiches in a toasted sandwich maker, which seems very similar to a waffle maker. The maker enhances the palatability of the sandwiches by an infinite amount, so it seems only sensible to apply its powers to pancake batter.

Waffle mix is similar, but needs to have more fat added. When looking things up, the sources I found claimed Waffle mix can be used for pancakes by adding more water, but pancake mix cannot be adapted to make waffles. 

53 minutes ago, Heidi said:

I do not like pancakes, or waffles, nor indeed anything that involves syrup*. Thus I, too, had never made pancakes until I had a child in the house.

Congratulations on Pancakes!

#AchievementUnlocked

National Pancake Day Love GIF by 100% Soft

Nothing wrong with not liking syrup.

11 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

Non-Americans, unite ;) 

Waffles, pancakes, French toast, and similar delicious dishes , are served with berries in most other countries I've been to. :)

Maybe due to the fact that Maple Syrup originated in North America?

• Like 5

Current Challenge

8 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Maybe due to the fact that Maple Syrup originated in North America?

I'm sure that's a significant factor, yes.

Amusingly, while I continue to prefer berries on my pancakes and waffles, once my Swedish family were introduced to maple syrup, that is now their preference.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Nothing wrong with not liking syrup.

Especially if it's "pancake syrup." That stuff is nasty. I do like syrup on my pancakes and waffles, but it has to be real maple syrup. Berries are an excellent alternative if real maple syrup isn't available.

• Like 6

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 20212022