8 hours ago, Lively said:

I miss all forms of Ramen while on Keto. Eat two bowls for me!

soup eating GIF

It's been a while since I had a bowl, but I generally get Tonketsu, and I'm not able to handle a second bowl of that :)

Today is a good day. I had to take migraine medicine again, but it kept me functional. The worst I dealt with was some burping and mild discomfort. Those who have followed for a while will remember a time when a Migraine could make me puke my guts out and have me in bed for hours. I'm glad for the meds. Dinner was delivery. Tomorrow is Sra. Tanque's birthday and I make the ribs :) 

• Like 8

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Saturday was good, but long. I did the lawn in the morning and spent most of the day prepping for having people over or having them over. The ribs went well, but they were too spicy for Sra. Tanque (I used an untested dry rub) which was dissapointing, because they were supposed to be for her. Both sets of parents came over, and Little Bit loved having all four grandparents. It was cute seeing her bounce from one to the other for hugs.

Today is a good day, though I'm still a bit tired from Yesterday. Easter was amazing at church, and I made Egg Salad for sandwiches, which went well.

• Like 8

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 4/15/2022 at 9:41 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Tomorrow is Sra. Tanque's birthday and I make the ribs :) 

Happy Birthday Sra Tanque! ❣️

I too, was in the grateful-for-meds land. I'm glad they work for you, Friend.

Happy Holy Day.

🐇

🥚

🦋

• Like 1

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

On 4/17/2022 at 4:43 PM, Heidi said:

Happy Birthday Sra Tanque! ❣️

I too, was in the grateful-for-meds land. I'm glad they work for you, Friend.

Happy Holy Day.

🐇

🥚

🦋

Today is a good day. Didn't get much sleep (my fault, reading is fun) but managed to get a workout in (kettlebells) and cook. I made some rice (just with butter and salt). I cooked some ground beef and drained it, then added some red curry paste and stirred, cooking for two minutes. Then I added honey, coconut milk, nutmeg, and cinnamon. I stirred and let it simmer for a while, then served it over the rice and under some angel-hair coleslaw and sliced cucumber. It was very good.

• Like 9

Current Challenge

On 4/14/2022 at 7:59 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I think it was that my never fail perfect recipe for chicken breasts is to use thighs instead. 

That sounds very Tank-esque so I'm gonna say that's right ;)  and happy birthday to Sra Tanque!

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

14 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

That sounds very Tank-esque so I'm gonna say that's right ;)  and happy birthday to Sra Tanque!

Wolf

Thank you.

Today is a good day. I took my truck in to get the driver side door lock replaced, but was told the parts had to be ordered from both Houston and Dallas. I'd be less perturbed if I had not asked them to look into parts a week and a half ago, but I kept my cool and was reasonable and polite. I spent much of the day at the mechanic. I did a bunch of walking around while waiting. Dinner wasn't bad, but not not great.

• Like 8

Current Challenge

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

but was told the parts had to be ordered from both Houston and Dallas

I wish I could bring you the parts myself...how cool would that be?! I would just ask for a hug and home cooked meal in return ;) 

thee-highkage - Tumblr blog | Tumgir

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

21 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Grrr, that's frustrating. Hopefully the parts will arrive soon

Thanks.

10 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

I wish I could bring you the parts myself...how cool would that be?! I would just ask for a hug and home cooked meal in return ;) 

thee-highkage - Tumblr blog | Tumgir

Wolf

You'd get a hug and a meal if you showed up empty handed. Come to think of it, I'd really preferred you showed up at my house without your parts in your hand.

Today is a good day. Got a KB workout in, got groceries, and cooked. I cooked a pound of ground beef in a pan, then set it aside. I added some sesame oil and cooked some frozen stir-fry veggies, with some garlic and the white part of green onions. I then added some udon noodles, the pork, some peanuts, and the green part of the green onions. I also added some Teriyaki sauce, but it was too much. A bit of honey toned down the sodium. It was good.

• Like 14

Current Challenge

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'd really preferred you showed up at my house without your parts in your hand.

audrey hepburn GIF

• Like 1

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

10 hours ago, Heidi said:

audrey hepburn GIF

Look At You Season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

9 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Stir fry is so delicious. Between you and Shello, I am getting IDEAS. 

I admire that you shook off the annoyance. It’s easy (for me)  to get caught up in what should be vs what is. Hope the parts arrive soon!

I hope you have fun cooking. Still waiting to hear on the shop about the parts.

Today is a good day. Work was fine. I did some stretching before heading in. Dinner was in the crock pot. I put in some halved baby red potatoes, some petite cut carrots, and some boneless pork chops. I put salt and pepper on the pork. Next I mixed two different bottles of BBQ sauce, some ketchup, and some Worcestershire sauce, I stirred, then poured that over the food. It cooked for 8 hours on low. I decided to jokingly call it BBQ sauce soup. It was very good.

• Like 9

Current Challenge

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Dinner was in the crock pot. I put in some halved baby red potatoes, some petite cut carrots, and some boneless pork chops. I put salt and pepper on the pork. Next I mixed two different bottles of BBQ sauce, some ketchup, and some Worcestershire sauce, I stirred, then poured that over the food. It cooked for 8 hours on low. I decided to jokingly call it BBQ sauce soup. It was very good.

Too bad WW doesn't like barbeque sauce, because that sounds exceptionally good.

• Like 1

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 4  -  CON: 1  -  CHA: 1  -  SAN: 2  -  INT: 2

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Little and Often

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. Work was fine. I did some stretching before heading in. Dinner was in the crock pot. I put in some halved baby red potatoes, some petite cut carrots, and some boneless pork chops. I put salt and pepper on the pork. Next I mixed two different bottles of BBQ sauce, some ketchup, and some Worcestershire sauce, I stirred, then poured that over the food. It cooked for 8 hours on low. I decided to jokingly call it BBQ sauce soup. It was very good.

that is very interesting. May i ask how you came up with that recipe?

• Like 1

Matthew 25:34-40

13 hours ago, Jarric said:

Too bad WW doesn't like barbeque sauce, because that sounds exceptionally good.

You poor man. I hope you find a way to get your fix. If you ever come to Texas, bring an empty suitcase cause I'll take you to HEB and show you the BBQ sauce section.
https://www.heb.com/search/?q=Barbecue Sauce

4 hours ago, Lively said:

Mm BBQ.

BBQ season is indeed upon us. Praise God.

It's always BBQ season in Texas :P 

3 hours ago, Maggie-Miau said:

that is very interesting. May i ask how you came up with that recipe?

From this:

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/barbecued-pork-chop-supper/

I left out the cola.

Today is a good day. I had to leave work early because Sra. Tanque had a high Blood Pressure episode at work. She had something really high in sodium for lunch, which triggered the episode. It resolved itself on its own, but we went to the Dr.'s Office anyway. The Dr. (Same one I use) took it seriously but wasn't worried. She prescribed a BP med (there has been a history of high BP readings) and said Sra. Tanque would be ok. She said it was good to come in so this could get treated. We went out for dinner. I did get a KB workout in the morning, it felt good.

• Like 8

Current Challenge

11 hours ago, Maggie-Miau said:

📝 👀

i'll take this moment to announce that i frequently poach recipes from your thread to send to my brother. i feel like he'll be interested in this one purely because of "BBQ Sauce Soup".

You could probably modify the recipe with Tofu, though it probably won't have to cook nearly as long. 

1 hour ago, MrsVan said:

"Hi!" Waving from the side.

I am soooo glad to see you on here. I've been wondering about you.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

10 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I am soooo glad to see you on here. I've been wondering about you.

I received a message from Bouncer, and thought I'd pop in to say "hi".

How are you and Mrs. Tank doing? And Little Bit?

I'm still going on; still exercising; still the same as usual. Thinking of joining the new challenge that starts in May, but I'm not sure I really have any goals (except maybe drink less coffee), as I'm really just moving along casually. But I do miss my friends, and our chats. Wondering how everyone's been doing and managing this last year.

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

That sounds scary, glad Sra. Tanque is okay! 

I don't miss much about TX, but BBQ is on that short list.

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: CUTE isn't cutting it!

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 69

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. I had to leave work early because Sra. Tanque had a high Blood Pressure episode at work. She had something really high in sodium for lunch, which triggered the episode. It resolved itself on its own, but we went to the Dr.'s Office anyway. The Dr. (Same one I use) took it seriously but wasn't worried. She prescribed a BP med (there has been a history of high BP readings) and said Sra. Tanque would be ok. She said it was good to come in so this could get treated. We went out for dinner. I did get a KB workout in the morning, it felt good.

I had no idea single meals of high salt could do that!

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru