Nova and the Year of the Badass: Part 1.5: Lifts, Lists, and Letting Go

So, I had this whole intro written out and then a transformer blew at my house and OF COURSE I was on the desk top so I lost it, so, the tl;dr of that (because I'm not typing it again) was that I'm having a really hard time lately (hence my ghosting of the forum) and I have to put a lot of my financial goals on hold due to things outside my control (*cough* A not paying his share of the shared bills that are also in my name *cough*) SO this challenge will focus EXCLUSIVELY on things that are in my control.

So, what are those things?

• What I eat
  • How I spend my time
  • My own emotional response to things

The last few weeks, my foundation and structure were not in place at all, so the first step is getting those things back

Here are the goals for the end of this challenge in that regard, paired with the appropriate bad ass bitches

Daily Routine

Professor Mcgonagall  : Let's be honest, when it comes to consistent and dependable, this ya girl.  She keeps Hogwarts  running as smoothly as possible and is sassy to boot.  I just need her tough love in my ears constantly.  

giphy.gif

• Consistent sleep and wake times
    • In bed between 10 and 10:30
    • Awake between 5 and 5:30
  • Consistent House Upkeep
    • We have a list, just do the list
  • Consistent Use of Calendar (very good at this, need to keep this up)
  • TAKE MEDS EVERY DAY
  • Cook at home x5 a week

Food and Fitness

Bianca Belair: So, the WWE is 100% my guilty pleasure, and Bianca Belair is known as the EST of the WWE (StrongEST, FastEST, etc...) but I mean, she can lift who dang PEOPLE over her head, and I'm here for it.  I want to be STRONG!  She also is as confident as she is strong and I'm here for all of that too.  She takes care of herself and knows her worth and works hard.

giphy.gif

• Consistent Workouts (I have been doing well with this)
    • 100 Kettlebell Swings and 50 goblet squats x4 a week (working up to doing this every morning)
    • M/W: Heavy Lifts 5x5 at home
    • T/Sat: Bootcamp class
      • Doing a combination of any 2 of these in a week is considered a win
  • Consistent Calorie Intake
    • 1800 a day
    • IF 7:30am to 5:30pm

Working Toward Personal Goals:

Tiana from Princess and the Frog: While I don't intend on attempting to work myself to death, I do need to borrow some of her insane drive.  She knew what she wanted and she went for it.  I know what I want and I think about going for it.  I have taken a few solid steps in some directions.  I started my grad school application, I joined a writing group, I let go of being a perfectionist at school.  So, goals:

giphy.gif

• Finish grad school application
  • Write 200 words a day
  • Choose one of the following"
    • Read/edit my work 30 minutes
    • Read/edit others work 30 minutes
  • Grade 1 hour a day (yes, even if you don't want to)
  • Visit a "Wilmington Bucket list" place (I have lived here a decade and there are so many things I haven't seen)
  • Plan a lone summer excursion

Here's hoping that having control of all this shit will help me let go of everything else.  

Have a great day, everyone!

• Like 8
  • That's Metal 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

I’m sorry things are a stress rodeo - I completely understand!!!

Hang in there friend,we got this 💕

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

Focusing on what you can control is a great strategy!  Here for support!

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

On 3/21/2022 at 11:24 AM, Salinger said:

Here for you Nova ❤️ always a message away :)

You will crush these goals xx

Thank you!!! I love our chats!!

On 3/21/2022 at 11:59 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following again.

Welcome!!  Hopefully I'll last longer than a week this time, ha.

On 3/21/2022 at 12:00 PM, Elastigirl said:

Here to cheer you on!

Thank you!  I'm going to need it!

On 3/21/2022 at 1:35 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

American Horror Story Fx GIF by AHS

Hell to the yes I am!!!!

On 3/21/2022 at 3:36 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

Im back and happy to follow along here! :) 

Thank you!!  Welcome!  I'll take whatever support I can get!

On 3/22/2022 at 11:58 AM, shaar said:

I’m sorry things are a stress rodeo - I completely understand!!!

Hang in there friend,we got this 💕

We had some animal wrangling to add to the crazy tonight.  More on that later, but DANG I need a break.

On 3/22/2022 at 12:52 PM, Shello said:

Focusing on what you can control is a great strategy!  Here for support!

Thanks!  I'm always trying to control things that I can't control, so hopefully this will be less stressful.

On 3/22/2022 at 1:15 PM, Salinger said:

How are things today? :) xx

A bit all over the place, but I'll get to that in a second, ha

• Like 3

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

So, yesterday was a bit interesting.  It was pretty boring until about 8:30.   Story in spoiler because it turned into a novel.  Nothing bad, actually kinda funny.

Spoiler

The players in the story: 

• My dogs (those assholes)
  • My neighbors' ducks
  • The fence as old as time (predates us moving in around 2013, very sketchy in places)
  • The stick of destiny
  • Me

So my neighbors have ducks.  This is fine; it's never been an issue.  Recently, they got 2 new ducks, and I guess in the course of figuring out the new duck hierarchy, there have been some duck battles, and for the first time ever, the ducks have become vocal.  Can you guess where this is going?

Anyhow, I'm sitting on the couch, typing an NF update on my phone, when I hear ducks going crazy, the dogs barking chaotically, and something that sounds terrifyingly like an attack on the fence as old as time.  So, without thinking, I throw my phone down and sprint outside in the dark, barefoot and in my pajamas.  My loveable assholes have dug under the fence once before, and they ALL have very high prey drives, so I'm just imagining a flurry of feathers and very angry neighbors.  

So, right as I get to the dogs, I hear exactly what I DON'T want to hear CRACK, and THEY BREACHED THE FENCE AS OLD AS TIME.  The only thing that saved me was it was one part of one slat of the fence that broke, so it was only like a one foot by 8 inch hole, and they ALL tried to cram themselves through it all at once.  They get a bit stuck and I was able to yank all of them out and put myself between the hole and the dogs.

So now, I realize that I'm just kinda stuck there.  3 dogs, one me, and now they have seen the ducks, so there is no stopping them.  So, I start looking around for ANYTHING that I can put in or in front of the hole (thank god for my neighbor's random bright light that I usually hate).  So, I see a few weird large concrete rocks that have been randomly around our yard forever, but they are too far away.  I don't trust these assholes for even a second. 

Then, in a moment of pure luck and fate, I see a big branch leaning against the fence WITHIN REACH.  So, I grab THE STICK OF DESTINY (think like 10 feel long and 4 inches around thick...we had bad winds last week), and you can BET YOUR ASS I have their attention now.  Especially Waffle, she goes from carnivore to stickavore in like .0000988 seconds flat.  I just let in drop to the ground and her has grabs it (as best as she can) and TAKES OFF RUNNING/TRIPPING/DRAGGING the stick of destiny across the yard.  Piglet makes chase, and I can FINALLY sprint the 10 feet I needed to grab the necessary rocks to block the hole.  Getting that stick back from Waffle and getting her to come inside was a whole separate adventure, but NO DUCKS DIED IN THE MAKING OF THIS LUDICROUS AND VERBOSE ADVENTURE RECOLLECTION.

So, I walk over to my neighbors and let them know, and they are such lovely humans that they fixed the fence that night.  We had a nice chat and replaced every board that was a "loose tooth."  Between both of our random stashes we had enough boards, and everything is all good.

But yeah, not the kind of night I was trying to have.  

So, GOALS....I need to be better.  I need to use this week to really get back into it.  

McGonagall

• Consistent sleep and wake times
    • In bed between 10 and 10:30 🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛
    • Awake between 5 and 5:30 🐈‍⬛ ❌ 
  • Consistent House Upkeep
    • We have a list, just do the list 🐈‍⬛
  • Consistent Use of Calendar (very good at this, need to keep this up) 🐈‍⬛
  • TAKE MEDS EVERY DAY 🐈‍⬛ ❌
  • Cook at home x5 a week 🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛

Bianca Belair

• Consistent Workouts (I have been doing well with this)
    • 100 Kettlebell Swings and 50 goblet squats x4 a week (working up to doing this every morning)
    • M/W: Heavy Lifts 5x5 at home  🏋️‍♀️
    • T/Sat: Bootcamp class 🏋️‍♀️  
      • Doing a combination of any 2 of these in a week is considered a win
  • Consistent Calorie Intake
    • 1800 a day ❌❌
    • IF 7:30am to 5:30pm ❌❌ (I eat my emotions, including boredom...so gotta get this under control)

Tiana

• Finish grad school application
  • Write 200 words a day (1400 a week): 0/1400 
  • Choose one of the following"
    • Read/edit my work 30 minutes  
    • Read/edit others work 30 minutes 🐸
  • Grade 1 hour a day (yes, even if you don't want to) 
  • Visit a "Wilmington Bucket list" place (I have lived here a decade and there are so many things I haven't seen)
  • Plan a lone summer excursion

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

11 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

If you haven’t been there, I’d suggest the Museum of the Bizarre.

I did that a few summers ago when my cousin came to visit.  It was both ludicrous and entertaining

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 8:22 AM, Novaurora said:

was that I'm having a really hard time lately (hence my ghosting of the forum)

I feel you. Here to cheer you on. :)