Asha's Month of Preparation

As we continue to get closer to Baby's birth I'll be keeping some of the same goals from last challenge, which will hopefully help with making labor easier. (I say that as if it's easy to begin with. πŸ˜‚) I can't believe that we only have about 1.5 months till she's here!!!

Β 

Goals:

S - Stretch every day. My goal will be to also include at least one yoga session each week.

πŸ†™ = CompletedΒ  πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ = Yoga dayΒ  πŸŸ₯ = Skipped

Β 

V - Take vitamins every day. I'll be counting this the same way I did last challenge, so if I miss my AM or PM ones, then it doesn't count.

🟩 = CompletedΒ  πŸŸ₯ = Skipped

> Planning to count my vitamins out every weekend to help with making sure I'm taking them. (will also help with tracking. lol)

Β 

R - Read The Silmarillion at least twice a week. My goal will be to finish the book by the end of the challenge.

> Currently would need to read about 2 pages/day to make that goal <

πŸ“˜ = Read

Β 

Another goal I'll have this challenge will be to finish watching the birthing class videos with D. I didn't really have a great way to track that and don't currently have a need or desire to set a specific timing on that, but will still probs at least note when we watch one of the videos. :)

---------------

Finally starting to get settled into our new space. Worked on packing up some more things in the apartment today and hoping to get that finished tomorrow if I'm able to. Otherwise, I'm thinking I'll work on more unpacking and organizing instead. Can't wait to have everything out of the apartment and hand in the keys. :)

• Like 3

Lover of all things Dragons and stuff -~-~-~ Sunrunner | LVL 3* 504|24 -185

β€œIt was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
― Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

Β 

Books in Progress: The Candlestone (10%)

2022 Books completed: The Silmarillion

Previous Challenges: 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

20 hours ago, Rookie said:

1.5 months?! Thats so soon! You guys must be so excited ❀️ 

Β 

Β 

I know!!! Not quite sure where the time went. Feels like we were just telling people about being pregnant! We are SO excited! ❀️

β€œIt was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”

Β 

3 hours ago, Asha Phoenix said:

I know!!! Not quite sure where the time went. Feels like we were just telling people about being pregnant! We are SO excited! ❀️

Are you in full nesting mode with the new place? lol

Β 

So many people seem to have been moving this or last challenge. I was initially jealous until I have been reading about everyone's packing, unpacking, moving and cleaning struggles LOL

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Β 

On 3/25/2022 at 1:34 PM, Rookie said:

Are you in full nesting mode with the new place? lol

Β 

So many people seem to have been moving this or last challenge. I was initially jealous until I have been reading about everyone's packing, unpacking, moving and cleaning struggles LOL

Yes! Mostly....lol. Our personal space is kinda small right now, so a bunch of our stuff is needing unpacked and organized. So it's not just baby stuff I'm wanting to put away/get ready. lol

Β 

I know! I was surprised how many were also in the transition of moving. lol! It's definitely nothing to be jealous of! πŸ˜‚ We finally got everything out of the apartment and cleaned it. I'm SO ready to have everything unpacked and in it's place!

• Like 1

Β 

Week One:

πŸ†™πŸ†™πŸ†™πŸ†™πŸŸ₯πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ†™

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩πŸŸ₯

πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯

• Like 2

Β 

On 3/26/2022 at 10:56 PM, Rookie said:

I hope you slay with your Week 1!

Many thanks!

-----

Β 

Week One To-Do:

Renew vehicle tags

Mail out finished thank-you cards

Write more thank-you cards

>bring them to church wednesday

Pay storage bill

Laundry

Count out vitamins

Organize room/baby stuff

• Like 1

Β 

Sunday was good. Went to church in the morning and was able to connect with people I haven't seen in a bit. Spent the evening with D. It was really nice. We went to Dairy Queen and got ice cream and then just hung out the rest of the evening. Definitely needed that!

Starting to not sleep as well at night, so this might be a longer month than I was thinking it would be. πŸ˜‚

Β 

Today has been good. Got some organizing done in our room and put some baby stuff away. I'm hoping to have our room organized by the end of this week.

• Like 2

Β 

Tuesday was good. Felt weird not cleaning the houses. Pretty sure I'm officially done with that for now. Had a dentist appointment and it went well, but felt really fast. Officially turned in our keys for the apartment and other keys we had for different places around the grounds. D and I had a nice visit with the landlord and his wife before turning in the keys.

• Like 2

Β 

Wednesday was good. Rested a bit in the morning and then went and joined D for lunch. It was so nice to be able to have lunch together. Was able to finish the thank-you cards I needed to and brought them to church in the evening. (Then realized I accidentally missed one. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ) I've been having a rough time sleeping. In the evening, my legs swelled more than they have before. πŸ˜• I'm so ready for this little girl to be here!

• Like 1

Β 

2 hours ago, Rookie said:

Sorry about your troubles sleeping, that has to be very hard! Despite that it seems you have having some good days though, well done!~ ❀️ 

It's alright. I've just been learning to take naps better. πŸ˜‚ Thank you! Days have been good, which helps with a lack of sleep. lol

-----

Thursday was good. Can definitely tell that my small amount of stretching hasn't been enough. Probably need to just take the time to do more than I have been. Was able to get quite a bit done in our room and it's really starting to actually look like a room instead of just a bunch of boxes. :) Even got Baby's bed set up in its place. Things are really starting to feel real!

• Like 2

Β 

On 3/28/2022 at 11:34 AM, Asha Phoenix said:

Week One To-Do:

Renew vehicle tags

Mail out finished thank-you cards

Write more thank-you cards

>bring them to church wednesday

Pay storage bill

Laundry

Count out vitamins

Organize room/baby stuff

On 3/26/2022 at 8:42 PM, Asha Phoenix said:

Week One:

πŸ†™πŸ†™πŸ†™πŸ†™πŸŸ₯πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ†™

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩πŸŸ₯

πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯

Did pretty well this week. Didn't get reading in, which is annoying, but it is what it is I guess....

-----

This weekend was SO nice and really relaxing. Friday was good. Got some stuff done in the room and D surprised me when he got home from work and said that we were going away for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. (Celebrated early since Baby comes before our anniversary.) D took me to the hotel we stayed in at the start of our honeymoon. We spent the evening just chilling and thinking about all that's happened over this past year.

Saturday he took me to a garden/sculpture park which was beautiful and a lot of fun! I'm so glad that we took the time to just relax and celebrate our anniversary.

Sunday we celebrated D's birthday with the fam.

• Like 1

Β 

Week Two:

πŸ†™πŸ†™πŸ†™πŸ†™πŸ†™πŸ†™πŸ†™

πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯🟩🟩πŸŸ₯🟩🟩

πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯

• Like 1

Β 

Monday and Tuesday were good.

Got some organizing done in our room. Need to figure out where I put The Silmarillion so that I actually start reading it........since I haven't touched it at all so far.....πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

• Like 1

Β 

On 4/4/2022 at 7:26 PM, Asha Phoenix said:

Week Two:

πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯🟩🟩πŸŸ₯🟩🟩

πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯

This week was pretty good. Wednesday through Saturday were pretty much uneventful. Had a prenatal appointment which went well. Time seems to be moving so fast and slow at the same time! lol

Β 

Goals wise, clearly reading isn't going well. Hopefully that will change, but we'll see.

• Like 1

Β 

Week Three:

🟩🟩🟩πŸŸ₯🟩πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯

πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯

Β 

On 4/15/2022 at 8:40 AM, Chesire said:

Finally had time to check-in.Β  How is this week going?Β  How are you feeling?

Β 

Fast. lol. It was a busy week, but also not super busy. It was weird. I'm feeling pretty good for the most part. Tiredness has been a more constant state recently because of not sleeping well, but hopefully that'll change soon. (I know I probably won't be getting a whole lot of sleep once Baby is born, but I'm hoping that the quality of my sleep will improve at least.)

-----

On 4/10/2022 at 4:27 PM, Asha Phoenix said:

Week Three:

🟩🟩🟩πŸŸ₯🟩πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯

πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯

Β 

Reading is clearly not happening. It could be, but I've been too focused on/stressed about getting the room organized that it's been the last thing on my mind recently. On the bright side, things are getting organized and D and I finished watching the birthing class videos. I think I feel slightly more ready for birth, but also still a bit nervous.

Sunday was really nice. Went to church and the service was beautiful! A friend sang a song that she wrote last year. (She also sang it last year for Easter.) Spent time with family Saturday evening and had some from the other side over for lunch on Sunday. I'm hoping to be a little more active this week, but we'll see how things go. lol :)

• Like 1

Β 

Week Four:

πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯🟩πŸŸ₯🟩πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯

πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯

Β 

The past couple days have been good. D and I went to look at a property on Tuesday. It was nice but there wasn't really a great way to access it with a vehicle. The closer we get to Baby's due date the more tired I seem to get. lol. Have about 2 more weeks. The changing table/dresser we got has some sharp parts on the handles. Tried to get some to replace them, but they came with dumb breakaway screws and apparently they're harder to break off than they make it seem..... so now we wait till someone stronger than me can help.

Β 

Took my sister's dog outside this morning and she had fun playing. It was cold with the wind though and I was ready to take a nap once we got back inside. lol. Ended up taking a nap that lasted longer than intended, but definitely needed it!!!

• Like 1

Β 

On 4/20/2022 at 5:41 PM, Asha Phoenix said:

Have about 2 more weeks.

I know babies operate on there own schedule and therefore you might disappear at any time.Β  So I'll take the opportunity to say I hope all goes well and I look forward to happy updates whenever you have time or energy.Β 

Β 

• Thanks 1

daily dare 30Β  29Β  28 27Β  26Β  25 24Β 23 22 21 20 19Β  18Β  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10Β 9 #8 #7Β  #6Β  #5 #4 #3Β  #2Β #1

Β 

4 hours ago, Chesire said:

I know babies operate on there own schedule and therefore you might disappear at any time.Β  So I'll take the opportunity to say I hope all goes well and I look forward to happy updates whenever you have time or energy.Β 

Β 

Thank you! Assuming she doesn't come early, I should still be around for the remainder of this challenge. Haven't decided whether I'll be around for next challenge or not. Might stick to my battle log when I remember it.

-------

Β 

Thursday was good, but tiring. Spent a good chunk of time with a friend just talking baby things. It was really nice and refreshing. Slept really well last night and really didn't want to get up in the morning. lol

Β