Scaly Freak adjusts to life as a DEX based Fighter

4 hours ago, Rooks said:

Ugh. My wife came down with my one my daughter shared just last week. No fun. No fun. Here's hoping it's a short lived one and you are breathing free in only a day or two.

While I'm 100% sure I got mine from one of the toddler sibling kids when they all hugged us goodbye after Easter brunch this past weekend. Breathing is unhindered, but my throat is all swollen and hurting, I have a headache, and absolutely zero energy for everything except sitting or laying down while catching up on a long backlog of episodes on my favorite true crime podcast.

Happy Sidekick alternates between being thrilled that I'm downstairs with her all day, and interpreting my lethargy as a sign that I need extra protection against anything walking by on the sidewalk by our driveway. She is currently sitting at the window, keeping watch and alerting me the moment she thinks strangers come too close to the house. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36

7 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

I have a cold, for the first time in over two years. It's unpleasant, and this week has been put on hold.

Feel better soon. But in the meantime, don't waste the illness. Indulge in a comfy chair, a cozy blanket, a good book, a cup of something hot, and a lap cat.
Cat Chilling GIF by Debbie Ridpath Ohi

• Like 1

Challenge:   0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44   

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

While I'm 100% sure I got mine from one of the toddler sibling kids when they all hugged us goodbye after Easter brunch this past weekend. Breathing is unhindered, but my throat is all swollen and hurting, I have a headache, and absolutely zero energy for everything except sitting or laying down while catching up on a long backlog of episodes on my favorite true crime podcast.

Happy Sidekick alternates between being thrilled that I'm downstairs with her all day, and interpreting my lethargy as a sign that I need extra protection against anything walking by on the sidewalk by our driveway. She is currently sitting at the window, keeping watch and alerting me the moment she thinks strangers come too close to the house. :) 

Sorry for you feeling sick :( 

May you enjoy all the episodes, along with Happy Sidekick is helping keep future germs away... 

(Thank you for reminding me to rest more this week due to having had toddler/baby time with my nieces last weekend. I love them so much, but they definitely expose me to some new stuff). 

Let's just say that this particular program is making me do a lot more planks and mountain climbers than I ever contemplated before this challenge, and leave it at that.... 

Also I saw this above quote and will not be continuing pandora that I ended up avoiding due to my twice a week strength training work outs have more than enough of those things... (I'm getting stronger, but they are my limit). Fitness Working Out GIF by Big Brother 2021

Larger than Average Fairy Druid Level 1

10 STR / 8 DEX / 10 CON / 13 INT / 13 WIS / 17 CHA

(DnD Stats)

I'm glad Pandora has been fun so far! Hope you feel better soon so you can get back to enjoying it. 

On 4/20/2022 at 12:32 PM, Jarric said:

I am very late in responding, but thank you for this absolute gem. I may inflict this on a D&D group someday.

I think your D&D group definitely needs to experience centaur secondary abdomen mouths at some point! I'm imagining this anatomical lesson coming completely out of the blue - e.g. one of them talking to a centaur when they feel something nibbling at their shirt.

• Haha 2
  • That's Metal 1

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8 

23 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

I have a cold, for the first time in over two years. It's unpleasant, and this week has been put on hold.

Alas! A swift recovery to you.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

2 hours ago, Alanna said:

I think your D&D group definitely needs to experience centaur secondary abdomen mouths at some point! I'm imagining this anatomical lesson coming completely out of the blue - e.g. one of them talking to a centaur when they feel something nibbling at their shirt.

You are an evil genius - I love it :lol:

• Like 2

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 3  -  CON: 0  -  CHA: 0  -  SAN: 1  -  INT: 0

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Anatomy of an Orc

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

Well, the cold is officially over. I completed Chapter 9 in Age of Pandora and have been thoroughly enjoying Lord of the Rings Online. It is a beautiful and relaxing game. (Except for the side quest where I was supposed to follow and eaves-drop on someone called "The Witch King". He was quite an unsettling one, and keeps company with some very unsavory creatures. Bleh.)  I also found my favorite place in the game so far: The Last Homely House (spoiler because large)

Spoiler

It's the big house across the valley, the one that is sometimes referred to as the home of Elrond the  Half Elf. He generously allowed me visit his library, and I could seriously just hang out here in Rivendell for hours and listen to the waterfall and the soothing music and let all stress melt away.

CbCLj90.jpg

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 3

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36

So, as usual, I'm a little late for this, but it's still Zero Week, so it's not completely late (only mostly late).

After my immune system did it's job and the cold was defeated, it was time to gear up for that dreaded event we all knew was coming: Return To The Office

As expected, The Flame surged and all energy and attention was directed towards soothing The Flame and preventing it from causing damage to my mental health  (not to mention the damage The Flame is capable of doing to relationships).  While mentally and practically preparing to go back to the office - verifying all my office hardware is in place, reactivating a door badge, getting my hands on the required home test kits, and so on - the last part of my challenge completely fell by the wayside. 

Time to start over, this time working in an office again for a few days per week. I'll post a new thread for the next challenge by the end of this week (I hope.)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

So, as usual, I'm a little late for this, but it's still Zero Week, so it's not completely late (only mostly late).

After my immune system did it's job and the cold was defeated, it was time to gear up for that dreaded event we all knew was coming: Return To The Office

As expected, The Flame surged and all energy and attention was directed towards soothing The Flame and preventing it from causing damage to my mental health  (not to mention the damage The Flame is capable of doing to relationships).  While mentally and practically preparing to go back to the office - verifying all my office hardware is in place, reactivating a door badge, getting my hands on the required home test kits, and so on - the last part of my challenge completely fell by the wayside. 

Time to start over, this time working in an office again for a few days per week. I'll post a new thread for the next challenge by the end of this week (I hope.)

Glad you're recovered. Is return to the office obligatory? Are there any upsides or is it completely unwanted?

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

Glad you're recovered. Is return to the office obligatory? Are there any upsides or is it completely unwanted?

Yes, it is. We get to spend two days per week working from home, and they do give us free lunch on the days in the office. Surprisingly, though there isn't a lot of variety, the food is healthy and of  high quality, and very good. I had a strawberry-goat-cheese-chicken-spinach-pecans salad for lunch today.

7 hours ago, Mistr said:

I hope your return to the office had more good aspects than bad. I hear you on having a lot of anxiety about going back. We are now on week 4 and it is starting to feel like a new normal. Hopefully that will happen for you too.

One of the things that makes me anxious is the lack of masking and distancing requirements. There is a high vaccination rate among employees, but not everyone, and they rely entirely on the honor system to report the results of home testing, whether we we've been exposed, etc. I am literally the only person in the building in a mask. :( 

It is also very peopley in the office. This is the biggest negative.

• Like 2

I saw this button in my friend's car the other day, and coul dn't stop laughing - but also, I want one.

898071662_download(47).jpg.5e5159b68bd8cfe4e390f84577f12bff.jpg

I'm the only one wearing a mask at this temp office contract gig I'm doing, and it's super uncomfortable to think about the choices other people are making (eg. when one person calls in sick with a stomach bug and then shows up the next day 😬 ). But you can only really do what you can do, and go from there. On the plus side, that lunch sounds amazing. 

• Like 2

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

3 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

I had a strawberry-goat-cheese-chicken-spinach-pecans salad for lunch today

Oh wow that's impressive. Goat cheese and strawberries in a salad herald great fanciness.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 4:52 AM, Scaly Freak said:

I am literally the only person in the building in a mask. :( 

❤️ 

Sending you much strength for this.

Spoiler

The past weeks since everything started "getting back to normal" eased up, I haven't been wearing a mask and I commend anyone that does. My anxiety around this decreased when my partner, in the risk group, had less intense covid symptoms than I did. (He had had 3 vaccinations, I only 2, one non-mRna and one Rna.)

I know there are  new variants but I'm just done with it and I'll admit there's some peer pressure. It's not a lot, but I do feel it. I only have a limited amount of rebelliousness in me to invest in different things I believe in, and currently that reserve is being eaten up by other, more urgent seeming things.

I keep a couple in my bag for when it is too crowded in the public transport for my comfort, but that's more an emotional judgement call than a scientifically based one.

When I recharge a bit part of me wants start wearing one again and report back for moral support for your stand.

After all, I was armed with 50 masks way before Covid began because I wanted to shield myself, my mother and sister from the regular cold variants I might pick up in public transport when I was travelling for my studies (Winter 2018) :) No time for sickness when you've lots and lots of goals :D 

Good luck, dear SF ❤️ Hope there are more people that want to wear one and find courage in seeing you keep wearing one. 

Also I had a good laugh about Happy Sidekick's protective streak :D Thank her for me hahaha

• Like 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

On 5/5/2022 at 10:52 PM, Scaly Freak said:

I had a strawberry-goat-cheese-chicken-spinach-pecans salad for lunch today.

Yum! I’m stealing this combo, but probably with walnuts instead of pecans.

Harrumph. I hear you. Sending good, anti-microbial, less-peopley vibes your way.

Glad you are recovered, of course!

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

One of the things that makes me anxious is the lack of masking and distancing requirements. There is a high vaccination rate among employees, but not everyone, and they rely entirely on the honor system to report the results of home testing, whether we we've been exposed, etc. I am literally the only person in the building in a mask. :( 

I started back in the office and have a rotating schedule to work from home with my coworkers no, we are like your office. No one except me is wearing masks, we have moved spaces and are move condensed, and no one is even allowed to stay home until they show a positive test...its all upside down. 

Stay strong and protect yourself!! 

• Like 1

🎉 Let's kick butt!! Fitbit

NF pages

Character, Intro post, Current challenge (May 2022)

On 5/4/2022 at 10:50 PM, Scaly Freak said:

I'll post a new thread for the next challenge by the end of this week (I hope.)

Well, this didn't happen.

Being in the office isn't all bad, and overall the positives outweigh the negatives. But it is so. Very. Draining.

Conserving energy, but really do intend to join the ongoing challenge before the period is over.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Well, this didn't happen.

Being in the office isn't all bad, and overall the positives outweigh the negatives. But it is so. Very. Draining.

Conserving energy, but really do intend to join the ongoing challenge before the period is over.

Looking forward to your next challenge. Sending you office survival vibes.

Art Love GIF by POST-WEB

• Like 1