General Chat Thread

Oh wow, this is unreal. I initially read this on your Facebook post Tank, and almost responded, but wanted to come here to do it instead.

I’ve had a lot of shit go down in my life recently and have been very wayward on the forums, but no matter what Willy would always eventually reach out to me in a direct message, to let me know he was thinking of me and that even if I couldn’t come back just yet, that the Rebellion would always be here. He was kind and thoughtful and steadfast and jeez this HURTS.  He always brought a little bit of light to me whenever I needed it, and I hope I can honor his memory by doing the same someday. ♥️♥️

• Like 11

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

Hi, I just dropped back in to pay respect to Willes. I am still grappling with this news but If there's anything we can do for his family please let me know. I just can't believe it. 

• Like 6

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

It's such unbelievably sad news. 

I never had the pleasure of meeting Mr_Willes in person but I did have the pleasure of a number of very drunken virtual pub meet ups, and sharing with him the most entertaining group chat I have ever been part of.  Losing someone who played such a huge part in your life in this way is such a modern phenomenon and I don't even know how to start to grieve for someone I have never met, but I talked to every single day.  Willy was such a kind, funny, thoughtful and generous man and my thoughts are with his wife and children. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

15 minutes ago, deftona said:

Losing someone who played such a huge part in your life in this way is such a modern phenomenon and I don't even know how to start to grieve for someone I have never met, but I talked to every single day.

This really nails it. Thanks for putting it to words. These are real relationships, even with people we haven't met in person, and this is a real loss that causes real grief.

I've been thinking about Willy and the more I think about it, I'm pretty close to what @shaar said. Most of us knew Willy for his gifs and inappropriate humor, but I can remember more than one D&d sessions where I went on camera after a shitty morning or something that was bugging me but I was trying to keep it out and have fun while not ruining the fun of others. Later on when I'd apologize for being a bit off and said something had happened, he'd always say he'd noticed but didn't wanna push me at the time, but wished me well and was available if I wanted to talk it through with him. He understood and he cared, but was also discreet about it. Yeah the humor was a big part of his identity, but there was so much more under that surface.

• Like 13

Lvl 50 Ranger

26 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

This really nails it. Thanks for putting it to words. These are real relationships, even with people we haven't met in person, and this is a real loss that causes real grief.

Agree with @deftona and @DarK_RaideR. I didn't interact on the boards much, but I read them. Willies was a bedrock presence and his absence will be felt in many ways here.

May his memory be a blessing to us all.

• Like 6

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

I'm another Ranger who never met Willes in person, but I can't overstate how timely and needed his encouragement often was in my life. Yes, he could drop an inappropriate joke or GIF with the best of them (confession: I always laughed), but much more will I remember the way he checked on my thread or shot me a FB message when he sensed I wasn't doing well. It was funny how his GIF hugs felt almost as real as in-person hugs - just from knowing that he really did care about how I was doing, and that he was happy to take time out of his own busy day to let me know that he cared.  ❤️ 

neSXYwP.gif

We miss you already, friend.

• Like 7

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 49

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

56 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Most of us knew Willy for his gifs and inappropriate humor, but I can remember more than one D&d sessions where I went on camera after a shitty morning or something that was bugging me but I was trying to keep it out and have fun while not ruining the fun of others. Later on when I'd apologize for being a bit off and said something had happened, he'd always say he'd noticed but didn't wanna push me at the time, but wished me well and was available if I wanted to talk it through with him. He understood and he cared, but was also discreet about it. Yeah the humor was a big part of his identity, but there was so much more under that surface.

Totally. He was kind and sweet and caring. And even nervous and shy sometimes - I remember I had to coax him into my Werewolf game because he was so unsure of himself (or course, he did great). Wish we'd been able to get a live D&D session in. I had the opportunity once and I missed it. :(

We won't forget you, Willes.

• Like 7

Challenge:   0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48 

Joining the chorus of love and sadness. We will miss you brother. 

• Like 4

F&^K!! I hate to hear this...he was someone I looked forward to seeing here and on other social media sites, could always make me laugh 😢 

334277430-1a9e7e9df8dfa6eb0a533bb1296143

• Like 5

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES Learns to Wrestle!

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 74

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I loved taking to Willy.  This place will not be the same without him.  I feel honored to have known him.  Prayer for his family.

• Like 6

Level 46 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Came on here, as others did, to pay my respects. I'm still in shock, but damn, I miss that man already. As others said, he was a master of GIFs, open and genuinely funny. In person as well as online.  Playing D&D with him every week was a honour and a privilege; I speak for me and the players not on here when I say he truly brought so much to our games. He was so nervous that he'd misread something, or say the wrong thing, but of course, he fit right in.  I'll never forget him checking in with me if I was having a rough time, and equally, dropping a message to say how much he enjoyed a game. It hurts so damn much. It's cruel that he was taken so soon like this. 

Best Deadpool Kiss GIFs | Gfycat

• Like 9

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge:      Rhovaniel: Ranger's Apprentice

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29

So sad to hear about mr Willes.  I only chatted intermittently with him but his character was evident all around the rebellion and I am quite sure for all who knew him irl.  He will be missed.  

• Like 5

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

That's really something that his friend thought to tell us, really appreciate that. 

We'll have to have squatmas in his honour? 

Squatmas will be a Forum Tradition in his honor as long as I'm a part of the forums.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • That's Metal 7

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Squatmas will be a Forum Tradition in his honor as long as I'm a part of the forums.

This makes me happy that I for once was able to do Squatmas last year. And determined to take part again this year. 

• Like 5

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40

This is absolutely crushing for so many reasons - my heart is broken for his family, but also for everyone who knew him at any capacity.  He'll be so missed here ❤️

I haven't said much yet (between this, a similar death in my non-NF life a few days before, and being sick, I've honestly felt completely at a loss for words), but I do want you to all know that I'm working to figure out a way to send something to his family from the rebellion - as well as figuring out ways we can remember him and all he contributed to this community here as well. I don't have more details, but sounds like we're already on board for squatmas :) 

• Like 20
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
14 hours ago, spezzy said:

but I do want you to all know that I'm working to figure out a way to send something to his family from the rebellion

Let me know if I can help with post things, since I’m in a neighbouring country and speak the same language.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl puts down the phone

2023 Battle Log: over here

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Hey, y’all, it’s Week 5!

What’s your last week of the challenge hold? 

Are things starting to come together? Is there an area that you need to activate a little bit of Berserker Mode for a final push (or to jumpstart it back on track)? Don’t be shy! Holler for a lifeline if you need one. B) 

Gather round and tell us how it’s going.

Stay Positive Good Vibes GIF by Positively Present

• Like 7

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

On 6/5/2022 at 9:51 AM, Heidi said:

My challenge for this last week of the challenge is to keep my eating pretty well under control. The last day of this challenge is a big family wedding that has been ✨ a lot ✨ and I’ve been more relaxed with food due to being extremely busy. I anticipate wine and good food all around this weekend and want to enjoy myself but not feel terrible afterward. Veggies, water, and moderation!

That said, this challenge has been really good for me. I regained a good bit of core strength, and I lost most of the weight I meant to. I’m looking forward to the next challenge, and think I will focus on strength. 

• Like 5

Respawn Story: Fox and the Lost Kit || Current Challenge: Fox vs. Heavy Things

On 6/5/2022 at 12:51 PM, Heidi said:

Hey, y’all, it’s Week 5!

Are things starting to come together? Is there an area that you need to activate a little bit of Berserker Mode for a final push (or to jumpstart it back on track)? Don’t be shy! Holler for a lifeline if you need one. B) 

I am not making my weight loss goal this challenge, but I got a lot done, I learned a lot, and I feel stronger.  I think for the final days, I'm going to stop trying to be the person I think I should be, and focus on taking care of the real me. :) 

• Like 4

The calm before the storm for me. Just learned yesterday that work is about to explode due to winning some new clients, my expanding responsibilities, bringing on some new team members, etc. It's a good problem to have, though. Least I won't be bored.

Are things starting to come together? Is there an area that you need to activate a little bit of Berserker Mode for a final push

My chest shall stay clothed for the time being. Adding a "wake-up before 7 am" element to my challenge was exactly the right idea as it's given me a nice pocket of time before my workday to knock out several challenge elements, plus spend time on the forums more. Workouts are getting harder which is a sign to me that I'm succeeding in that area.

• Like 4

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford

"The older I get, the more I understand that the only way to say valuable things is to lose your fear of being correct." -Malcolm Gladwell

"If you know the way broadly, you will see it in all things." -Miyamoto Musashi

10 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

Veggies, water, and moderation!

That said, this challenge has been really good for me. I regained a good bit of core strength, and I lost most of the weight I meant to. I’m looking forward to the next challenge, and think I will focus on strength. 

I like this approach! 

And way to go on having a great challenge—I like the way you’re adding strength in next challenge while keeping the gains from this round. Kind of seems like an spiral approach to the many health and fitness goals, and I like it. :) 

• Like 4

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin