General Chat Thread

4 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

for the final days, I'm going to stop trying to be the person I think I should be, and focus on taking care of the real me. :) 

Wow, this is so powerful. A real level up in perspective. Nicely done. 

How’s it going?

• Like 1

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

4 hours ago, KeysMcGee said:

The calm before the storm for me. Just learned yesterday that work is about to explode due to winning some new clients, my expanding responsibilities, bringing on some new team members, etc. It's a good problem to have, though. Least I won't be bored.

My chest shall stay clothed for the time being. Adding a "wake-up before 7 am" element to my challenge was exactly the right idea as it's given me a nice pocket of time before my workday to knock out several challenge elements, plus spend time on the forums more. Workouts are getting harder which is a sign to me that I'm succeeding in that area.

NICE!!!!

I really like the way you hacked your day to get stuff done before the workday gets its claws on you, especially now that the workload itself is going to be more chaotic active. 

Way to go!

• Like 1

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

I started the new contract job this week, and it’s going well. I like the team so far, and the work is coming together. Trying to enter an existing software team is always a little fiddly, so I’m giving myself grace and am pleased to report that I am receiving grace in turn. 

The schedule rework for day-to-day life is proving to be as messy as these things always are, and acceptance is my ally. Fine! Be messy and chaotic! It will all get sorted out. The important things are being held, and that’s what matters. 

My last week goal of finishing the grad school project still hasn’t happened, so it might be a weekend of tuning everything else out while that gets done. I am not interesting in taking it with me through the next challenge, for certain.

• Like 6

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

6 hours ago, Heidi said:

I really like the way you hacked your day to get stuff done before the workday gets its claws on you,

Thanks!

For what it's worth, that was not the original plan. I've done my level best to avoid adding "wake up earlier" to my challenges because, well, picking up a bar with a bunch of weights on it still sounds more pleasant than just picking my butt up out of the bed when I'd rather sleep in.

• Like 3

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford

"The older I get, the more I understand that the only way to say valuable things is to lose your fear of being correct." -Malcolm Gladwell

"If you know the way broadly, you will see it in all things." -Miyamoto Musashi

This challenge has been a disaster, really. But I knew that going in. I think, as we're wrapping this one up, I've mostly managed to get back to a place where I can get back on track. Things have settled down and I'm starting to get a regular routine going, so I think I can start tweaking things again without everything exploding.

• Like 4

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

22 hours ago, Heidi said:

Wow, this is so powerful. A real level up in perspective. Nicely done. 

How’s it going?

Thanks! Well, it's only been a day, but I feel like I can breathe more easily and the world feels less heavy. I had a great talk with my mom today about our individual goals and what we want from the other person and it was really therapeutic and productive. I feel super hopeful about the future. 

22 hours ago, Heidi said:

I started the new contract job this week, and it’s going well. I like the team so far, and the work is coming together. Trying to enter an existing software team is always a little fiddly, so I’m giving myself grace and am pleased to report that I am receiving grace in turn. 

The schedule rework for day-to-day life is proving to be as messy as these things always are, and acceptance is my ally. Fine! Be messy and chaotic! It will all get sorted out. The important things are being held, and that’s what matters. 

My last week goal of finishing the grad school project still hasn’t happened, so it might be a weekend of tuning everything else out while that gets done. I am not interesting in taking it with me through the next challenge, for certain.

I like that expressions "I'm not interested in taking it with me"  and  "acceptance is my ally."   Good luck in getting the project done, and I'm glad you like the team on the new job so far! That makes  a huge difference!

• Like 4

This challenge has been a bit all over the place - but my life has been pretty all over the place since Feb 2020. But I knew that going into this challenge and learned to roll with it :)

Next challenge will really be the beginning of a "hard" reset - because some of that chaos is now firmly resolved and I feel like I can actually focus on ME - so that's what I'm gonna do.

• Like 7

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).