15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

out of the blue she said "I want to be a Chap'ain just like you daddy."

Okay okay okay this is the most heartwarming thing I've possibly heard in quite some time....

Parenting - doing it RIGHT right here!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I Love Star Trek Strange New Worlds. It is amazing. It was a good episode, and more importantly, a Captain of the Enterprise gives the "Space, the Final Frontier" speech over the opening credits. It's been almost 30 years. I'm so happy.

I had to go out and find it on YouTube.  Excellent.  

• Like 1

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Having only ever really heard Stairway and The Immigrant Song and the other obvious few overplayed 70s radio earworms, I admit to having held unpopular (heretical, in some circles) opinions of Led Zeppelin in the past. 

The Rain Song is changing my mind. Dangit, I hate having my irrational opinions challenged! 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

“To see that your life is a story while you're in the middle of living it may be a help to living it well."

-Ursula K. Le Guin

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, Simple

6 hours ago, shaar said:

Okay okay okay this is the most heartwarming thing I've possibly heard in quite some time....

Parenting - doing it RIGHT right here!!

The crazy thing was it came in the midst of setting boundaries she wasn't happy about. I guess kids really do want boundaries.

3 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

I had to go out and find it on YouTube.  Excellent.  

It was better than a first cup of coffee after going without it for weeks.

38 minutes ago, Gemma said:

Having only ever really heard Stairway and The Immigrant Song and the other obvious few overplayed 70s radio earworms, I admit to having held unpopular (heretical, in some circles) opinions of Led Zeppelin in the past. 

The Rain Song is changing my mind. Dangit, I hate having my irrational opinions challenged! 

Bwahahahahaha! All hail the Zep!

Today is a day. We are both feeling cruddy. I think Sra. Tanque has Bronchitis. We are going to get her a telehealth appointment later today. If it is, a z-pack and some steroids should fix her up. We went to my parents house, and Little Bit had lots of fun. We enjoyed Grandma and Grandpa taking over energetic-two-year-old-duties. We are working on Laundry and waiting on Door Dash.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

15 hours ago, Gemma said:

Dangit, I hate having my irrational opinions challenged! 

The history of the discipline of philosophy agrees with you. 🙂

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I think Sra. Tanque has Bronchitis.

Oof. Many good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Sending good vibes to Casa Tank.

❣️

• Like 1

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

5 hours ago, Heidi said:

The history of the discipline of philosophy agrees with you. 🙂

Oof. Many good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Sending good vibes to Casa Tank.

❣️

Thanks. She had a telehealth appointment last night and got yet another cough suppressant, and a recommendation to see the primary care doctor (we only used telehealth because they were 24 hours). The telehealth doc did not prescribe antibiotics, claiming most bronchitis is viral. We'll see what happens. Her BP meds might be causing a cough, the primary doc can work with that.

Today is a good day. Happy Mothers' day to those for whom it is a good day. And to everyone who finds this day difficult for whatever reason, may you find peace, rest, and grace today. Church was good, and Little Bit was much more cooperative today (I praised the heck out of anything remotely like good listening). A migraine fell to the valiant forces of Aleve and Zolmitripan. Fortuantely it woke me up in the night just early enough before the alarm went off that I could take my meds in time for them to be in full effect when I had to get up. I was moving a bit slow before church, but during church the last of the effects of the migraine wore off and I don't even feel like I have a migraine hangover right now. I'll take it for sure. Lunch was good. I baked some frozen tater tots, and while that was going cooked a chopped onion and two pounds of ground beef in a skillet. After draining the fat, I added some minced garlic, salt, pepper, smoke paprika (lots), cumin (very little), dried oregano, and 1/2 cup water. I let that cook till the water was absorbed or gone, then left it on warm. Meanwhile I chopped two tomatoes, and did the best job I have ever done chopping tomatoes. When the tots were done I topped them with the beef, and 8 ounces of shredded "Mexican Blend" cheese, then put it back in the oven till the cheese was melted. I served that in a bowl, then topped with sour cream, the aforementioned tomatoes, and shredded lettuce. It was very good. The recipe called them "Totchos" (from Nachos, which was not immediately obvious to me till I read the name out loud), but I find the name lacking, and do hereby solicit ideas for a better name.

• Like 12

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Thanks. She had a telehealth appointment last night and got yet another cough suppressant, and a recommendation to see the primary care doctor (we only used telehealth because they were 24 hours). The telehealth doc did not prescribe antibiotics, claiming most bronchitis is viral. We'll see what happens. Her BP meds might be causing a cough, the primary doc can work with that.

I hope it clears up! I heard the same was true of sinus infections--mostly viral--and that they take a couple of weeks. Is bronchitis the same, or does it stay longer? I hope not.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Nacho Tots!  Or to emphasize the pronunciation Not Cho Tots! 

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

3 hours ago, Harriet said:

I hope it clears up! I heard the same was true of sinus infections--mostly viral--and that they take a couple of weeks. Is bronchitis the same, or does it stay longer? I hope not.

I dunno. The chronic bronchitis I had as a kid and teen usually went away before the course of antibiotics (which I took to the end of course). I had way more of that than sinus infections. 

2 hours ago, Shello said:

Nacho Tots!  Or to emphasize the pronunciation Not Cho Tots! 

That is a way better name.

Today is a good day. Sra Tanque's car repairs are less expensive than I feared. Tomorrow I'm playing musical vehicles. Taking my truck in to finally get the door fixed, then using their courtesy ride to get to where the car is waiting, then taking that to Sra. Tanque's school to get the car seat out of her dad's vehicle, then taking her dad's vehicle back to him (full of gas and washed, as is tradition), then getting a ride from him back home, then getting a ride from the place fixing the truck to go pick up the truck, then having my own truck again. At least that's the plan. Back to today, I got a KB workout in, and added a rep to everything. Lunch was good, but heavy. The recipe called it creamy chicken divan. I cooked chopped chicken thighs (1.5-2 lbs) in melted butter(1/4 cup) with salt and pepper. Then when it was done I added 1/4 cup flour and cooked about two minutes. I  then added 1 3/4 cup chicken broth and 1/3 cup white wine, and let that cook about 10 minutes. I then added 1 cup each shredded Monterrey Jack cheese and sour cream. I let that melt in then added 2 pounds of steamed broccoli florets. It's very filling.

• Like 11

Current Challenge

It seems like so many people lately are getting sick with this Head/Sinus/Bronchial crapfest ugh... listen we've had enough to deal with with covid, just get out of here you viral fiends!!! >:[

(I hope she feels better soon!!)

I've had totchos before and they are amazing, the only other name I've seen for them is "loaded tater tots" which is wow so boring thanks for the creative wording there folks... if my brain weren't so flat lately I'd come up with something magesterial like CHEESY TOTTY BOYS or something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

I call them Turbo-Tots when I make 'em for the grandminions.  Yay for the less-expensive than planned repair, hope Sra Tanque is feeling better today! 

• Like 3

“To see that your life is a story while you're in the middle of living it may be a help to living it well."

-Ursula K. Le Guin

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, Simple

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sra Tanque's car repairs are less expensive than I feared. Tomorrow I'm playing musical vehicles. Taking my truck in to finally get the door fixed, then using their courtesy ride to get to where the car is waiting, then taking that to Sra. Tanque's school to get the car seat out of her dad's vehicle, then taking her dad's vehicle back to him (full of gas and washed, as is tradition), then getting a ride from him back home, then getting a ride from the place fixing the truck to go pick up the truck, then having my own truck again. At least that's the plan.

Hope this works out. I'm also having car issues the last two weeks, but getting spare parts for our old Mazda station wagon is seemingly impossible. For example the only place we can get rear shocks are from Estonia! Yes, in Eastern Europe! And they don't fly, they can only send via postal because it's under pressure. And postal here is a no go. Anyway... I'll lament in my post; actually just saying good luck with musical cars.

Oh no, hope Sra Tanque gets better soon. Glad you won over the migraine.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

On 5/7/2022 at 6:40 PM, Gemma said:

I totally agree. The only acceptable context for Zep is in a comedy Thor movie, and the viking kittens.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

17 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Most recipes are variations of a core recipe. Sounds like you're leveling up the casserole with more flavor. I think that's something I'd like to try when the weather gets cold again. 

Cold weather is probably the more appropriate context.

6 hours ago, shaar said:

It seems like so many people lately are getting sick with this Head/Sinus/Bronchial crapfest ugh... listen we've had enough to deal with with covid, just get out of here you viral fiends!!! >:[

(I hope she feels better soon!!)

I've had totchos before and they are amazing, the only other name I've seen for them is "loaded tater tots" which is wow so boring thanks for the creative wording there folks... if my brain weren't so flat lately I'd come up with something magesterial like CHEESY TOTTY BOYS or something.

Uhh, you did come up with something magisterial like CHEESYTOTTY BOYS.

4 hours ago, Gemma said:

I call them Turbo-Tots when I make 'em for the grandminions.  Yay for the less-expensive than planned repair, hope Sra Tanque is feeling better today! 

Turbo-tots is good.

4 hours ago, Mrs Van said:

Hope this works out. I'm also having car issues the last two weeks, but getting spare parts for our old Mazda station wagon is seemingly impossible. For example the only place we can get rear shocks are from Estonia! Yes, in Eastern Europe! And they don't fly, they can only send via postal because it's under pressure. And postal here is a no go. Anyway... I'll lament in my post; actually just saying good luck with musical cars.

Oh no, hope Sra Tanque gets better soon. Glad you won over the migraine.

Well, I for one am shocked at how hard it is for you to find parts.

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Well, this is what they're called now in my brain. :D 

YESS

both of these names are excellent

Agreed.

1 hour ago, sarakingdom said:

I totally agree. The only acceptable context for Zep is in a comedy Thor movie, and the viking kittens.

Baby Reaction GIF

• Like 3

Current Challenge

3 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

But Road trips!  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

5 hours ago, Shello said:

But Road trips!  

You make a compelling point.

Today is a good day. I dropped off my truck, took a lyft to go get Sra. Tanque's car, got some clothes for little bit, then relaxed at home. Late in the afternoon my truck was ready, so I got that, got yet more meds for Sra. Tanque (she finally got steroids and antibiotics) and picked up dinner cause it was too late to cook. She feels bad still, now it's a very painful throat. She's staying home tomorrow.

• Like 9

Current Challenge

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Well, I for one am shocked at how hard it is for you to find parts.

It's an old car - 2001 model and for some or other reason seem to have other kind of original parts than other 626 models. *shrug* It's frustrating, but what can you do?

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

1 hour ago, Mrs Van said:

It's an old car - 2001 model and for some or other reason seem to have other kind of original parts than other 626 models. *shrug* It's frustrating, but what can you do?

It was a bad pun, I was shocked at how hard it was for you to find shocks. :P 

• Haha 3

Current Challenge

On 5/10/2022 at 12:00 PM, sarakingdom said:

Nerdy By Nature: 5 Fandom Friday- Top MCU Moments

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Glad the car news is not as bad, and the migraine was not terrible.  Now all we need is for Sra to get all better!

Sending all the TP&V that it happens quickly!

• Like 1

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Nerdy By Nature: 5 Fandom Friday- Top MCU Moments

Honestly, I would love to see a Taika Waititi crossover of Thor and the Viking kittens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23