Yesterday: I had stayed up all night Saturday (after sleeping until 6 pm 😕 ), then I went to the hardware store early in the morning and spent a couple of hours there pushing around a heavy duty cart loaded with bags of soil and lumber so I could build a couple of raised beds for the section of yard where it's all pavement underneath. Then I mowed down my overgrown backyard with my neighbors weed whacker, build one of the beds, transplanted my lettuces and sowed some other salad /snack vegetables (carrots, radishes, spinach, moar lettuce). I started attempting to till some new ground for the tomatoes, broccoli, and future stuff, but I have heavy clay and am lacking tools and methods... so I cleaned up and took a long siesta.

When I got up I researched the double digging method:

1. Dig all the soil out of the first garden bed and move it next to where your last bed will be.
  2. Dig the second bed, and put the soil in the first bed.
  3.  Dig the third, putting the soil in the second bed.
  4. Repeat until you reach the last bed.
  5. Fill the last bed with the dirt from the first bed.

This seems a lot more doable than using crappy hand tillers that only work on sandier/looser soils.

Today: I did 1 round of the Beginner KB workout. I did it all the way through with a 25 lbs KB (my lightest KB). Just that took me 5 min just to catch my breath, and I can already feel the DOMS that are coming tomorrow. On Wednesday, I think I'm gonna grab a 10 lbs. plate and see if I can get through all three rounds with that and work form there. Of course, the stuff that gassed me was the squats and lunges wherein most of the weight being moved is me, so that might not affect much.

Okay, now I need to make lunch and go to work. Breakfast was an apple and a vegan protein shake. I'm on track to stay plant based... I'm probably gonna do tofu with noodles and veggies for lunch.

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Forgot the company was buying us bbq for lunch to welcome and introduce our new ops manager. 

Plant based is out for today. I'm not turning down free brisket 😀

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Yesterday was all plant based, but I skipped gardening or any other exercise because I slept in a bit... still catching up from the Sat-Sun lack of sleep.

Today I did the NF BKB workout with a 10 lbs plate and only BW on the squats and lunges. It was just about right. I got all the reps and sets. Each circuit left me winded and a little sweatier than the last one. I will be a little sore in the next two days... just right for a workout. Wednesday is $2.00 tacos at the taqueria just around the corner from where I work. What better workout recovery food is there than tacos al pastor... ehh? So that might distract me from staying plant based today. 😕

• Like 2

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Okay. I pulled it together and made some rice, veggie, and tofu dishes. 

I'm only getting tacos if someone else thanks the initiative and offers to pick them up.  I'd say there's a 1/3 chance this happens. 😁

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

As of 6:45 am, all of what you see in this photo was grass.

9449db617f3d45559a42ff77674b3d09655b0baa

By 10:45 am, it had become a garden with a couple dozen plants (tomatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower).

That was a hell of a workout. Sweat dripping, out of breath, I'm gonna be sore for days workout.

The raised bed I built last weekend so I can grow salad/snack vegetables on top of concrete and gravel nonsense...

f47ecbe6ff18a4a9a342151f053a23226f20e5de

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

8 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

That was a hell of a workout. Sweat dripping, out of breath, I'm gonna be sore for days workout.

And it will bring you food. Well done and well worth it.

• Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38

On 5/20/2022 at 2:24 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's a lot of hard work. Well done!

On 5/20/2022 at 8:37 PM, Scaly Freak said:

And it will bring you food. Well done and well worth it.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:04 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

YES! You did an awesome job! It looks great, and the raised beds were a smart solution for the gravel/concrete nonsense!

Thank You Thank You Applause GIF by Warner Archive

Friday morning I planted vegetables. Friday evening and Saturday, I was a vegetable. Much needed rest.

Today I went back out to mow my overgrown lawn. This wasn't nearly as hard as digging garden beds, but with just a hand weeder and reel mower it took a long time. water the stuff I planted and the seedlings that are on deck. Afterward, I harvested my first salad from the garden. The lettuce plants were double in size from last week and I filled a collander before they were there origianl size. I added some chopped carrots and cherry tomatoes and had that salad alongside a bison, cheeseburger... so today wasn't plant based 😕

Then, I finally painted the outside of the bath tub. Finally. Now I just need to keep the cat away from it until it dries.

I really haven't practice bass much this week. But, I re-strung two guitars and a ukelele, and have started learning to use some synth software.

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge