My calendar gets busier as the weather gets nicer and we welcome spring! I am looking forward to these adventures after such a long winter. 

We are currently still doing keto though I am currently pushing for us to do more of a “low carb” 80% of the time thing. We agree we like that our blood sugar levels seem more stable so I’m okay not adding carbs back in completely but I’d like the option to be there. Mr.R and roomy are still losing weight so they are happy. I’m holding strong at  269-271lbs. I need to start tracking…. I said that basically all last challenge. 

Challenge Quests

- Do “Molding Mobility” routine 5x / week

- Walk 2x / week

- Paint 1x / week

- Meal Plan 1x/ week

Challenge Goals

- Make the outside  patio area a place we want to spend time

- Add some “curb appeal” to our house (front yard/garden freshen) [in progress]

- Finish Monty painting

- Finish Percy painting [in progress]

Important Dates

May 3 - patio furniture delivered

May 10 - Daisy’s 17th birthday

May 11 - Daisy’s hoof X-rays finally + chiro

May 12 - Fly fishing lesson

To Do - Important Dates edition

- get wading shoes

- take out cash for Daisy chiro

- apply for new Daisy insurance

- bundle up horse blankets before May 26

- renew OE membership

- print insurance forms (vet appt)

- contact fishing guide

• Like 6

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following

Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Rookie, here to support you :D xx

Thanks Sal!! 😚 hope I make you proud

49 minutes ago, Tateman said:

Yeah, I've been very much thinking of getting back into keto. Mostly to control my blood sugar levels. I keep wanting to think of a sort of keto though. Or low carbish instead. Don't know. I might just switch into it this challenge haha. Following along!

Yah keto and I have a love hate relationship lol. I am using the term keto lightly because I have no idea if I actually got into ketosis. I do like that even when I do “treat myself” it hasn’t sent me off the deep end. I’m able to stop and get back to the program. (So far lol) and I’m thinking I’m eating less food because when I do “treat myself” I get fuller faster. But yah need to figure out the calorie / macro situation. I think for now I’m going to take Alanna’s suggestion and just measure my snack high calorie items like nuts, salami, cheese. 

• Like 5

Yesterday went good. I was productive at work and it went fairly quickly. As a bonus I got some stuff organized for Daisy’s insurance. It was a good barn time as well. I didn’t end up lessoning but I was about to have a full ride ☺️ The only bad thing about yesterday is a saucy Sizzle bit my ear… ow lol I ended the day by doing my first Molding Mobility. 

Today was less productive for work but it still went fast. I had some time before meeting a friend to see a movie so I worked on the painting a bit and got Dr.Strange tickets for next week which I forgot to do woops. My friend and I saw Everything Everywhere All at Once. We liked it… it was the right amount of funny, weird, action and drama. Parts of it gave me Hitchhikers Guide vibes. I’m just resting now riding to decide if I go to bed or do my Mobility routine. I feel icky because I literally just pulled a tick out of my scalp when I got home… so I feel there are bugs all over me. Don’t help that we pulled a tick off Wesley this burning 🥺😑 I hate ticks so much. So I’m probably going to check myself in the mirror, brush my teeth then decide. 

• Like 3

Mobility: 🍑🍑/5

Walking: 0/2

Painting: 🍑/1

Meal Plan: 0/1

Spoiler

D82CAA3C-AA75-48DB-91B1-2C96EA507F4B.thumb.jpeg.b42edc3f8bcc88a33d689ead56556917.jpeg

lol this cutie

0CAF2238-5229-4A2C-AE9B-39E7CC2E7CA1.thumb.jpeg.0241b8dba5519efc7752c05280a20ca0.jpeg

EAE7DD40-9B11-4B4F-824D-E21F2A233DE2.thumb.jpeg.d2d672d484c777060d1598c98fa19e9f.jpeg

I had way more social interaction yesterday than I was mentally prepared for or wanted. Usually I have the office and barn to myself Wednesdays… but both had lots of people. Daisy was having an off day so we didn’t do much. Her cough wasn’t as bad as it’s been but it was still there. I have a feeling her back might be a bit sore from all the coughing so I have a chiro coming to look at her on Wednesday after the vet. 

I don’t really have a plan for after work today because I have no clue what the weather will be like. I think if it’s nice I might start on the front garden and do my molding mobility and/or go for a walk. If it’s raining/wet I will paint and do Molding Mobility. I would like to set up my back patio but I need to get a metal blade for my oscillating tool to cut down the metal canopy frame. 

• Like 4

Oh the painting looks so good! 

Following, I love your goals and set up. 

• Thanks 1

Dry January | 2022 Reading Challenge

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

40 minutes ago, Rookie said:

I had way more social interaction yesterday than I was mentally prepared for or wanted.

Hopefully today will be better in that regard! It's still sometimes weird to have so much social interaction again, it is definitely something you have to get used to again.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Oh the painting looks so good! 

Following, I love your goals and set up. 

❤️ thanks on both counts :)

2 hours ago, Waanie said:

Hopefully today will be better in that regard! It's still sometimes weird to have so much social interaction again, it is definitely something you have to get used to again.

Well yah lol I am at home today and just in my basement alone. I don't mind barn and work socializations but I had a coworker who just kept talking to me yesterday every time I had to pass by her office. And like I was in the bathroom and I heard her call me..... because she wanted to show me a video of her daughter and talk about her daughter. Just so distracting lol. And the barn was alright but it just got crowded and every space was crowded. I think this will be the reality of the barn now that its summer and peoples hours are changing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rookie said:

D82CAA3C-AA75-48DB-91B1-2C96EA507F4B.thumb.jpeg.b42edc3f8bcc88a33d689ead56556917.jpeg

Loving the goth eyeliner situation. 

It looks like you're off to a good start with those goals. Keep it up! 

On 5/4/2022 at 3:26 AM, Rookie said:

My friend and I saw Everything Everywhere All at Once. We liked it… it was the right amount of funny, weird, action and drama. Parts of it gave me Hitchhikers Guide vibes

Mrs 18ck has just been raving about how much she wants to see this and the last few words of this have piqued my interest too (although, having seen the trailer, it's difficult to imagine how...) 

• Haha 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

5 hours ago, 18ck said:

Loving the goth eyeliner situation. 

Me too. Hes so edgy

5 hours ago, 18ck said:

the last few words of this have piqued my interest too (although, having seen the trailer, it's difficult to imagine how...) 

Its not a huge comparison but it was enough that I was like "huh... this gives me Hitchhiker vibes." Either way it was a fun movie and had a bit of everything.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Hey Rookie hope everything is good today xx

I hope so too! Just waking up

—-

Yesterday I skipped the walk and the Mobility but I did a bit of yard work so I was still active. I reseeded parts of the backyard, started weeding the front garden bed, relocating some dirt that was escaping, and pulled the rocks out of the grass that used to make a border.

Afterwards I painted! I’m so happy with it… I am really trying close to finishing it. I believe the main parts are done at the very least. 

Spoiler

My rock collection

172ACEFB-4E0E-48EC-B133-EC5A45ED790E.thumb.jpeg.c156eaea8dac4ea72f4dbad1861e583b.jpeg

BD33F72B-BDB9-4B0E-9081-E49F76C3D0E6.thumb.jpeg.8336c5bd384869d704a40d7086bbb3c0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Today was a good day. I finished the thing I was working on for awhile for work.  It was relatively quiet at the barn. Daisy had a bit of a cough but it wasn’t too bad. She was being so good tonight aside from her looking for ghosts. She was soft and responsive ❤️ I was surprised because it was a bit windy and we rode outside. I was able to complete groceries fairly quickly. While I was at Walmart I grabbed a pair of hiking boots to try with my waders which I think should work. And I did my Molding Mobility routine and now I’m lying in bed feeling sleepy. I call it a win.

• Like 3

Week 0 Summary

- 4/5 Molding Mobilities

- 1/2 walks

- 1/1 painting

- 0/1 meal plan

I didn't end up meal planning since like I said above we didn't really follow our keto stuff so I still had a lot meal wise. Hopefully I can keep focused this week even though it has turned into another crazy week. At least the weather is supposed to be nice! 

This weeks plan:

Tonight I have my last riding lesson for awhile. After riding I need to try on my waders with the boots I got to make sure they work well together.

Tomorrow before work we will drop of Mr.Rs car to the mechanic and after work I need to take my car in to get my summer tires put on. I would like to get our patio furniture put together and build a make shift fence across my yard so my sister can just take the dogs out into the backyard when she's watching them without them ruining my baby grass.

Wednesday I have a vacation day but I will be at the barn most of the day. Daisy has her vet appointment to get her feet x-rayed then an insurance examination. Around lunch she has her chiro appointment and somewhere in the middle I need to bundle up blankets to get cleaned and Daisy is getting her feet trimmed. In the evening we will be going to watch Dr.Strange and on the way home I need to grab my sister.

Thursday is our fly fishing lesson! :) No big plans after aside from driving my sister home. 

Friday - Sunday who knows. Mr.R will probably want to go fishing sometime, if we do get the patio set up I would love to have a little BBQ for us and we can enjoy our backyard and I would like to paint. 

On 5/7/2022 at 1:55 AM, Waanie said:

Great! I'm glad you had such a nice ride :).Do you have anything interesting coming up for food?

I plan on making the Cauliflower Ziti dish I didn't end up making before. This weekend was a bit crazy so I would say we ended up eating 20% keto and 80% not. We will try to get back at it now though. Its hard for me to keep focused on a way of eating when life gets busy or plans happen. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rookie said:

Its hard for me to keep focused on a way of eating when life gets busy or plans happen. 

This is a universal law of life, I think. Reading through the post above though, I'm impressed (as usual) at how much outdoorsy, arty, and generally hands-onny stuff you're doing. Keeping busy probably has its advantages (no boredom snacking) but maybe also its drawbacks (harder to plan?). I guess the answer probably comes at the shopping stage and stocking your kitchen in such a way that it's as easy to make a healthy meal as it would be to grab something less healthy...? I dunno-thinking out loud really. 

• Like 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

7 hours ago, 18ck said:

This is a universal law of life, I think. Reading through the post above though, I'm impressed (as usual) at how much outdoorsy, arty, and generally hands-onny stuff you're doing. Keeping busy probably has its advantages (no boredom snacking) but maybe also its drawbacks (harder to plan?). I guess the answer probably comes at the shopping stage and stocking your kitchen in such a way that it's as easy to make a healthy meal as it would be to grab something less healthy...? I dunno-thinking out loud really. 

Keeping busy is definitely a big winner for me because I can go hours without needing to snack. But the issue comes when things calm down and its food time and I don't want to put any effort forth in thinking or cooking food haha. So maybe having easy things to grab like pre-made burgers that we can just throw in the air fryer or on the bbq would be good. I always forget food doesn't have to be complicated.

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

Agree ... you are doing well Rookie. I also struggle with focussing on healthy living :(

Sending solidarity and love xx

Thank you Sal :) It can be tough

25 minutes ago, Waanie said:

That looks great! I will keep it in mind for myself as well, as it can easily be made vegetarian when using meat-substitute.

Yes! :) I was thinking of you when I found it. 

• Like 2

- drop of Mr.Rs car to the mechanic

- 4:30pm take my car in to swap tires

- assemble patio furniture 

- build a make shift fence across yard 

- try on waders w/ boots

- paint

- molding mobility

Riding lesson went well last night. We kept it easy which was good because Daisy was being strong. I didn't do much when I got home because I felt so sleepy.

• Like 4

Mr.R and I just finished putting my tires in my car! I can just leave right away after work :) We found a house we like but are unsure about because of cost + commute + our house isnt ready to sell. So all this talk made me feel more motivated to start purging / filling a dumpster with the random garbage / dump run stuff we have lying around. Because my realtor suggested we start packing and store the stuff in the garage lolllllll but our garage has a lot of junk in it that we have been "needing a dumpster" to get rid of. 

Just went out to water my grass because I am that person now... and more baby grasses are poking through! :) Finally 

• Like 4