It's that time of year for me. Time to bowl in the USBC Open Nationals Tournament. This year it is in Las Vegas again. I bowl on June 2nd and 3rd. I always have a blast bowling this each year. This will be my 11th year in a row, 14th overall. :) This year, at least I have been able to get back out and do some bowling in a league. I won't be a complete mess haha. The only problem I'll have is flying back on the 4th. I'm going to miss some of the Pokemon Go Fest! :)  Hopefully, just like the first hour or so of day 1. 

I skipped last challenge. I was sick during the first couple of weeks. Had my doctors appointment. Things were looking pretty good, but I was put on even more medicine. I had a choice to get higher dosage on one of them as well. I decided to not do that, and attempt to get my eating in control. Then on Friday the 29th, something happened to our old lady cat. She was 22. She did have some trouble getting around, but still jumped up on the couch etc. The morning of the 29th, she was just a different cat. It was like she had a stroke or something. Would not eat, and was aimlessly wondering around the apartment. Barely would open her eyes up. Could hardly walk. Just seemed like she had no sense of anything. :( I spent quite awhile with her on my chest. I was trying to give her a place she would feel secure to rest. Spent a lot of time crying. It was pretty clear, it was time. We called to get squeezed in over at a animal hospital. Doctor pretty much agreed there was nothing to be done. So, we sent her on her way. My oldest son is just a year older, so he knew her his whole life. It was quite the hit to us. 

So yeah, not exactly how I imagined coming into May.

I'm kind of all over the place. like sitting here at 2:30 am making this post, instead of getting the sleep I should be haha. Ok, enough bringing things down!

Once again, let's try to get things on track. I have Vegas to bowl in, plus I really need to get much healthier. While I was not in last challenge, I decided to start making a goal list. Not so much things to get done now, but as of things to eventually do. :)  This challenge needs to be the stepping stone into getting me headed towards my goals. For those that have followed me in the past, I am sure that my goals will be very similar to ones I have had in the past.

Goal #1 - Sleep

I always seem to have to get this one established again. It's just too easy for me to stay up till 2 or 3am. My youngest has finally gone back to in person learning at school as well. So now I am having to get up early to get him there and back. In general though, I have too many days that I feel tired and run down from lack of sleep. 

Since I am getting up early, I need to get to bed a bit earlier then I use to as well. Some nights, it might be harder to do, but we shall see. 10:30 PM, I am to get off the computer or whatever. Then I get off to reading asap. At 11 PM I need to head to bed. If I feel like I am not getting enough reading time, I might get to reading earlier, like 10 PM. I'll see how things feel in week zero, and adjust if need be. 

20 points each day. 140 points for the week

Goal #2 - Movement

This will be a big factor for future goals. I've really done almost nothing. Groceries, or caring water jugs up stairs from time to time. Then bowling once or maybe twice a week. Really, very low activity level. I need to change this. Week zero, my only exercise goal, is to get out and walk each day, No time frame, no step count. Just make an actual choice to go out and walk. I have been temped with adding in some meditation in as well. Like walk out someplace, then sit and mediate. Then walk more. Just something to help clear the head. Though I do get that with bigger walks too.

I would also like to get into doing some workouts. Like a Monday, Wednesday, Friday split. I think week 1 I will start this. Probably just some bodyweight stuff to start. I did get myself a pull up bar and resistance bands to do assisted pull ups. I just have to try it out. I also think I want to start in slow here too. Like do at least once exercise from my list. So even if I just do feel it, just do 10 squats or something. I'll most likely do more, but I figured I would have the "do just one" to at least keep me going. It use to work for me back in the day for walking. I'd tell myself "You can give up 15 minutes at least to walk" I hope that I start off with the baby steps, then I can add on more in week 2 or 3. Honestly, just have to see how things go. 

Walking every day, M, W, F workouts outs (Do at least one Exercise) 10 points each day for walking, 10 points each day for workouts. 100 total points for the week.

Goal #3 - Get food under control

I really have been struggling on what I should do for my food. I've not been happy with my blood sugar levels. I really don't want to be on the medication I am on right now. I know, I could get myself back in a range I want fairly quickly if I went back to eating Keto. Obviously, I need to lose weight, That can be done doing any real method of eating. I just have to eat less then I burn. Eating Keto doesn't magically just make you lose weight. I felt it did help me though, with cravings and such. Still, I feel like it might not be the best long term for me. At some point I will want potatoes, or popcorn, and pizza. From my previous doctors appointment, I wanted to see if I can eat like I normally have been eating, and see what effect the medicine would have on me. It is better, but I'm not that happy with it. Though, I didn't exactly steer away from eating all the things. This challenge, I'm not going to eat a certain way so much, but I do want to make sure I am eating in a calorie range at least. Funny enough, I think when I did eat Keto, I was also eating more vegetables a better foods then just junk I have been eating. Main point of this goal is to track what I eat. Hopefully, work on better choices of foods to eat too. Lower calorie/higher volume foods and such. Baby steps first, just track and stay in my calorie range. I know there are some days I will just be hungry and want to eat. I want to try to have an upper number to not pass. 

Track food 7 days a week.  2,000 to 2800 calories. I'd like to range 2200-2500 on average I think. So hopefully, not too many higher days :) 

10 points each day, 70 points each week.

There are many other things I want to do, but I really want to keep it much more simple to get me started off again. Here is to getting all the kinks worked out in week 0, then having a really good challenge!

Measurements:  Start / Finish

Chest - 

Waist - 

Bicep (L) - 

Bicep (R) - 

Thigh (L) - 

Thigh (R) - 

Weight - 

Week 1 (05/08 - 05/14) - 0/310

Week 2 (05/15 - 05/21) - 0/310

Week 3 (05/22 - 05/28) - 0/310

Week 4 (05/29 - 06/04) - 0/310

Week 5 (06/05 - 06/11) - 0/310

Total Challenge Points - 0/1550

• Like 4
7 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

there always is keto pizza ;) 

have a great challenge and a lot of fun in Vegas! :) 

I use to make a cheese crust pizza a lot :D I've also made chicken crust and tried Cauliflower crust in the past :) 

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sorry about the cat, that is really hard.

For activity, is it possible to bowl more often?

Thanks.

I can bowl for more activity, but it costs money :) The nearest bowling place is 30 minutes away too. The one I use to bowl at was down the street, but they had to shut down forever during the lockdown.

• Like 3

ghost-gengar.gif

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So sorry to hear about your loss. Having been there, the heartache from the loss of a pet is excruciating. But, the memories will come and turn to smiles, maybe watery smiles, but that's okay. To have that kind of love and companionship makes the water worth it.

Good luck in Vegas!

• Like 1

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

On 5/2/2022 at 6:50 AM, Tateman said:

but I figured I would have the "do just one" to at least keep me going. It use to work for me back in the day for walking. I'd tell myself "You can give up 15 minutes at least to walk"

Ya I think it's somewhere in the 5-15 minute range that your brain accepts what it's doing and gets into a rhythm.  I'm a huge advocate for 'just start no matter what'.  The first hurdle can be crippling and if I think to myself that I need to do a 2-hour workout, it's exhausting even thinking that and then I have no momentum but if I say, 'just do ANYTHING' then I'll do a little more and a little more until I've done something reasonable for a workout.  You got this, Man of Tate.

Also, sorry to hear about the kitty.  Frisky was 18 when she passed and I had her my whole life.  Hit like a truck.

What, I disappeared for an entire challenge? No way!

So let's say things got bad. 

3 weeks after Old lady cat death, our other cat died. :( He was just about 14.  Fine that day. Something happened overnight, that he was dead under our bed in the morning.  

I did get to Vegas. I actually had fun. Family ended up all going as well. Checked out a Natural history Museum there. Oldest son really wanted to go check out the Luxor, so we did that too. My bowling, was not the greatest haha. I felt like I should have scored much better then I did, but not much I can do about it.

Got home, and ended up being sick. No rona at least. So I've been down and out dealing with that now. Wife coming down with it too now.

Youngest kid is now on summer break. No more taking him to school for awhile now. Really want to get myself on track after I recover from this cold/flu whatever garbage I have. I might have to come back next challenge with the easiest challenge ever, just to get me going 😛

Anyhow, just hit me now to come update. Wish it would have been much better news.

Hopefully, everyone else did well this challenge!

• Like 2