Adventure Log - Tamesis

My mind is in an overwhelming whirlwind of late and I am trying to get myself back to some normalcy. I have decided that I really need to do something about this because it is effecting every facet of my life. It basically cripples me. It makes work very difficult and at home I basically get nothing done. I always have better success when I have more accountability than just me so I am returning to the forums. The goal of my battle log is to slowly help me organize my thoughts and bring myself to a better place mentally... maybe even physically in the long run.

So for this first week, I am giving myself to daily quests to complete. The first is going to be writing in my battle log once a day. The second quest is going to be interacting with the Inner Realms Journey app for meditation once a day.

1233: So far, this Monday is going pretty smoothly. I have more or less, been in a borderline happy mood. I am still very overwhelmed from being on vacation. I have so much work to catch up on and it feels endless. Tensions in the office are pretty low so far today and we haven't dealt with any "high school drama" yet, thank fully. I am looking forward to this evening. Today is my grandparent's anniversary and we are having dinner with them tonight. 

Level 1 Elf Rebel Ranger

STR 0.15 || DEX 0.00 || STA 0.36 || CON 4.71 || WIS 6.47 || CHA 3.32

Character Profile || Fitbit

Battle Log || Current Challenge

Today went okay. It was the anniversary of my dad's passing. I got through work okay overall. We usually go up to the cemetery on this day and plant flowers at my dad's memorial. It was downpour raining though and my sister forgot that my niece had a fitness class to attend. This day is hard on our mom and everyone at her home had, apparently, left her home alone all day despite knowing this. My hubby and I rescued her from the isolation as soon as I got out of work though, and we had a nice dinner together. She seemed to be in better spirits after and we have essentially made plans for the rest of the week. Tomorrow we'll get together with my sister's family and have dinner. Saturday, we'll go and plant flowers at the memorial. Sunday is a bit up in the air, but at the very least it will end with my mom, sister, and I supervising my husband and brother-in-law putting together a playground they just bought. I'm sure we'll have lunch with my grandma as well. 

Now I must start focusing on my college work again too. I just jumped feet first into my next class so I'm going to have to add in at least one quest related to that.

Related to the inner realms journey app; I have only completed the first and second portions of it, but so far, I am enjoying it. It interacts with me how my mind likes to relax. For years now, I must imagine myself a story to focus my mind on one thing and not hundreds while I'm trying to fall to sleep. This form of a guided/quest base/story-based meditation is fantastic for it. The past two nights trying it, I have felt incredibly physically relaxed after listening. I'm very curious to see where this journey will lead.

• Like 1

Level 1 Elf Rebel Ranger

Work was very overwhelming today. I honestly feel like I am drowning, and I have no idea how I'm going to complete this project for work in addition to my actual work. One day at a time though. I'll have more time to get caught up tomorrow, I hope. Since I'm working a 12-hour day and all.

Today in the Inner Realms Journey (IRM) app I created my avatar which will allow me to "travel the different inner realms."

My avatar's name is clearly... Tamesis. :) My current height, body make, age, but much fitter. A healthier version of me if you will. Long auburn hair that is worn in many assorted styles depending on the occasion. She wears a functional tunic, pants, and boots for traveling in the wilds. She also carries a long cloak, bow and arrows, and a book of healing. She is strong-willed and not afraid to speak her mind. She is smart, kind, loving, and just wants to make a positive difference in people's lives. 

• Like 2

Level 1 Elf Rebel Ranger

Glad you were able to be with your mom on a difficult day. Sorry about your dad's passing.

You are doing great at your quests!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Glad you were able to be with your mom on a difficult day. Sorry about your dad's passing.

You are doing great at your quests!

Thank you. It doesn't get any easier on her as the years go by. 

I'm trying! I'm desperately in need of change right now. Things have been stagnant for too long and bad habits die hard. I keep wanting to add more and more to my plate. Which is most definitely a problem I have. I always go big or go home. Mostly going home when I set the bar way too high.

Of course, trying to find a good work/extra work/life/school balance is always difficult as well. I am really hoping that these two simple quests  will help me better handle all of the stress of juggling things.

Thank you for commenting!

• Like 1

Level 1 Elf Rebel Ranger

I killed it at work today! I got so much done! I feel a great weight has been lifted off of me.  I was a 12 hour day though. I need to be in  a half hour early tomorrow too. This is alright though. It'll give me a chance to jump into the paperwork that accumulated since I picked everything up this morning. 

Inner Realms Journey

Today I was tasked with creating my sanctuary realm. My realm is a green, lush forest. There is a long river running through it. There is herbavore wildlife as well as fish in the river. At the base of a beautiful waterfall is a clearing in the forest. Here, is a simple looking three room log cabin. You walk up five steps to a partial wrap around covered porch. There is a porch swing, love seat, and two chairs arranged so companions can interact with one another and appreciate the scenery. A coffee table, with a mason jar full of flowers, is in the center of the seating. You walk into the cabin and are greeted by a spacious living area. To your immediate left is a gorgesous wooden coat rack. To the right of the door is the portal that leads to the other realms. My portal is a ring of stones; seemingly affixed to the wall. The portal is linked directly with my mind and will take me wherever I request to go. If someone is trying to enter my realm, I will recieve a telepathic "ping" letting me know. Looking ahead, there is leather furnature surrounding a large fireplace. There is a metal basket, to the left of the fireplace, filled with firewood. To the right are black fireplace tools. At the far end of the room is a modern-with rustic charm-basic kitchen. There is a large oak dining table with 6 chairs around it. On the right side of the kitchen is a door that opens up into a large bathroom. One wall is a large window and in front of it is a large soaking tub with a rain shower head above it. There is also a toilet, sink, and vanity. The final room is the bedroom. There is a walk-in closet filled with anything you can think of needing for an adventure. The bedroom itself held a king sized bedframe made of logs. The mattress feels like heaven and is made up in a royal purple bed spread.

Level 1 Elf Rebel Ranger