Times Up Time GIF by Yeremia Adicipta

New challenge time!

My goal is to lose 8 pounds for this challenge. It’s ambitious, but I’m ready for a push. Here’s the plan:

1.      Giving myself more time

a.      Putting off scheduling additional doctor visits until next year. I’m in good shape, and nothing is urgent. I need a mental break from physical health checks. 

b.      Saying “no” to social invitations when the time doesn’t work for me. I try to accommodate everyone else’s schedule because I’m a freelancer, but that’s how I get overloaded. I need to be able to say “That week isn’t good for me, how about the week after?”

c.      Getting Screen time down from 5 hours a day to 3 hours a day. Apple tracks this for me, and if I need to, I can set limits on my phone again so I’m not wasting time staring at puppy videos, which I usually do after I’m burned out from being too busy.

d.       Take Wednesdays off. No errands, no social calls, no appointments. Wednesdays are a day off. 

2.      Utilizing the extra time I’ve given myself

a.      Exercising Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. In the past, I’ve done shorter workouts six days a week but I find I'd rather exercise for a longer session and then wake up the next day and have more time to get other things done. 

b.      Going on more walks and hikes. I’m aiming for 10  5 miles a week.

c.      Working outdoors and getting the yard to look its best. 😊 I have a short list, so it's not going to be too difficult. It's totally difficult. While the list is short, each item takes a long time, and I'm remembering this now.

d.      Planning more healthy meals and cooking them. Right now, I just sorta cook whatever we have and I feel like I can do better here.

e.      Stretching in the mornings and evenings.  

3.      Keeping up the Energy to use my time wisely

a.      Sleeping from 11pm-6am.  7am

b.      Cutting way back on sugar. I’d like to have something sweet once a week, but I’m done with candy, jams, juices, and pastries, and coffee on a regular basis.

c.      Also cutting back on processed foods like chips and blue boxed macaroni and cheese.

d.      Drinking loads more water, but not sparkling water. I learned its hard on my teeth, and I must protect my teeth!

e.      Journaling to process thoughts and feelings that are heavy and overwhelming.

I'll track everything in my bullet journal, and post weekly results and reflections. 

• Like 6

Great challenge!  Following for all that time! 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Yesterday was a good start. 

I started saying no to the Marco Polo app and talking to my cousins and my aunt. One of my cousins is a joy to talk to, and the rest are not. They talk for 20-30 minutes and its usually a stream of consciousness that is super negative. About halfway through my aunt’s message, she insulted me in a southern way, and I turned it off. I think this falls under “giving myself more time” really well.  Less screen time and saying no to socializing when it doesn't work with my schedule.  Now I have to stick to my guns and remember my responding to her is’t going to make her more thoughtful.

I stretched and am very stiff. At the end of my stretching I could reach my toes, but everything else was super resistant to moving. I really loved it, though. It was stress relieving. I also walked for a mile and a half, but forgot my workout plans.  I also forgot my food goals and journaling. I’m not upset at all, it just tells me these are good goals. Personal growth is gonna happen!

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I think this falls under “giving myself more time” really well.

It most definitely does!  And you save the time you'd spend thinking about it next time she does it or the conversation is negative.  Great move!  

• Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

On 5/4/2022 at 11:15 AM, Shello said:

It most definitely does!  And you save the time you'd spend thinking about it next time she does it or the conversation is negative.  Great move!  

Yeah! Thank you. I did respond to my aunt eventually, but I gave it some time. I didn't address the offending comment this time but chose to just focus on her positive stuff and kept it short for my mom's sake. No one is at their best right now. But I haven't been back to the app since and it feels good!

• Like 3

Hello!

Ending the week having gained a pound. It's been a rough week. 

Reviewing this week:

I did really well in giving myself more time. I kept my screen time down to 3 hours a day on average this week.  I decided not to count my screen time on my laptop or my tablet because I use these primarily for work and there are no programs or apps on either that are time wasters.  Deciding to only use the Marco Polo app once a week has drastically cut down my screen time.  

Utilizing the time I gained was a mixed bag. On one hand, I made significant progress in my work.  That feels really good!  Before the challenge, I didn't feel like I was getting anything done.  On the other hand, I only walked 5 miles and didn't complete any exercise days.  I also only stretched three times.  I also ate too much sugar, didn't sleep hardly at all thanks to hot flashes, and my journaling was robotic. 

Planning ahead, I think instead of aiming for 10 miles a week, I'm going to aim for 40 minutes of cardio, 5 days a week. That will average out to the same amount of time I would spend walking. 200 minutes. :)    The plan won't work unless I actually DO the plan.  There were some obstacles, and I realize I need to manage stress better. But I think where I went wrong this week is that I abandoned my goals. If I had made them a priority and did them, I would feel better and not as stressed out. Reviewing my goals, I think they're going to work, and I think I need this. 

• Like 5

UPDATE:

It wasn't hot flashes. Well, it could've been a little, but the furnace and air conditioning guy came Wednesday and forgot to set the temperature back to 68. He had it at 74 degrees and I assumed I was having hot flashes and my parents were just sleeping with the windows open. So we're all going to sleep better tonight. 

74 degrees...bonkers.

Mom and I had a good day. We went to my nephew's ridiculous musical presentation, and it was just ... you know, we won't talk about it. And then we went shopping and out to lunch and then stopped at a chocolate shop close to home.  I had a really nice time with her. She was worried I didn't have fun, and I said "I was having a lot of fun, and then the switch flipped and I was tired, hungry, and there were too many people. So I think we'll try shopping again in a month when it's not the day before mother's day and we don't have a ridiculous musical production that was SO BAD y'all.  I didn't expect broadway, these are 11 year olds., but I did expect more than just a bunch of kids wandering around the stage and forgetting the words to the only three songs they were performing.  I DROVE AN HOUR FOR THREE SONGS that were performed with the enthusiasm of a cooled corpse.  

I didn't mind except my nephew literally ignored me. Not like intentionally rude, but he was just interested in his parents. So I'm just like "Yeah. I'm not doing this again."  I'm going to his chorus concert, and bringing a book. :)

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I didn't expect broadway, these are 11 year olds., but I did expect more than just a bunch of kids wandering around the stage and forgetting the words to the only three songs they were performing.  I DROVE AN HOUR FOR THREE SONGS that were performed with the enthusiasm of a cooled corpse

I'm glad I'm finally in a church where the kids rarely perform on Sunday mornings.

• Haha 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

oh another update: I got notified this morning that my screen time was in fact 3.5 hours average a day, so I have some work to do!

AND I got weighed this morning after a good night's sleep and I have LOST 1 pound since my starting the challenge. Yes!

Note to self: Just do the weekly reflection on Sundays. Sheesh. LOL

There may be naps in my future. 

• Like 6

Music performances!  I am so glad I'm done with all that nonsense.  

On 5/8/2022 at 9:05 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

AND I got weighed this morning after a good night's sleep and I have LOST 1 pound since my starting the challenge. Yes!

Sleep makes a big impact!  Awesome job! 

• Like 1

I decided to edit my challenge.  I'm feeling overwhelmed more than ever, and the changes are:

Reducing exercise goals. 

Scheduling Wednesdays off since weekends are busy. 

Setting my alarm for 7 instead of 6

No cavities at the dentist. I'm relieved. I'll be happy to avoid sugar to never have that cavity pain again. 

I'm really tired. I didn't sleep well again, and I think I need a cookie and a nap. :) ttys

• Like 6

Those sound like positive changes and good uses of your time!  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shello said:

Those sound like positive changes and good uses of your time!  

Thanks! Time is very important!

14 hours ago, LostValkyrie19 said:

Knowing when to do this is amazing, this is your challenge, you need to do what is right for you :)

Something I learned in Nerd Fitness, something didn't work - we learned something that didn't work for us. Go us!

You got this!! 

That is a very positive outlook :)  Thanks!

My oldest nephew got straight A's for his second semester of college!  My youngest nephew learned to ride a bike! We are all super proud of both of them. 

Not a great day for me. Perimenopause is hard. I cried most of the morning after I yelled at everyone, and then I spent the rest of the day being quiet and low-key crying at puppies and babies on instagram.  Tomorrow I will be fine. This is my most immediate reason for wanting to lose weight. I haven't felt this kind of intensity in hormone charged emotions since I was at my heaviest. I read somewhere losing weight helps with menopause symptoms. This week has been kinda shitty challenge wise but we'll see how it went on sunday. Today is no day to make decisions or do anything but read a book and hide under a blanket. 

Oh, except spray the wasp nest by the deck. That has to be done tonight. I already got 2 nests taht were starting today, so tonight makes 3. There may be a 4th one, but that involves ladders and going on the roof, and that will wait for a day where my body isn't yelling at me. 

• Like 8

I would be terrified to climb on the roof to take care of a wasps nest.  I'm pretty terrified of wasps nests on the ground.  I admire you.  

Sorry to hear yesterday was a rough day.  

Reset button on Make a GIF

• Like 1