Well, We made lemon olive oil cake. Mom hated it. Dad loved it. I thought it was good enough but it made my stomach hurt, and the stomach gets the last word on all things food. 

Later on, I made a lemon chicken pasta toss. You throw some pasta in a pot of boiling water and let it cook. Then you cut up about a pound of chicken into 1 inch cubes, dredge it in flour with some black pepper and cook it in a big skillet with a little oil. It SHOULD get nice and brown and crispy UNLESS you forgot to dry off your thawed chicken and you end up with paste covered chicken that immediately sticks to the pan. No panicking though. it'll cook and mostly unstick. Remove the chicken and add 3 cloves of minced garlic, and 3 TBSP of finely chopped onions. Cook those for a minute then add 3 tbsp of lemon juice and a cup of chicken broth which will unstick all the stuck chicken bits from the pan (yay!) and simmer that down until it reduces a wee bit, then throw the chicken back in with a tablespoon of capers, and your beautiful pasta until heated through and you got a lemony chicken dish that won't kill ya.  Well.. not quickly. 

It was a good day. I'm tired and happier. I'll see you laters!

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

you got a lemony chicken dish that won't kill ya.  Well.. not quickly.

This is just what I look for in a meal, thanks! 

• Like 1

It's the hyperman set

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I have failed at Week One. The scales bounced back up, and I didn't really make much effort towards losing weight this week.  Anxiety was bonkers this week, and I lost my focus. I'm going to be a lot more mindful this week. :) I'm not thrilled, but I'm not beating myself up over it. A new week starts tomorrow, and I have today to get into the right mindset.

• Like 6

Tonight, the nest of wasps gets it! 🎵DUN DUN DUN🎶  I find it offensive we have so many wasps after such a cold winter. 

Today I did a little weeding in the trees and burned down the stick pile. it was getting out of control.  I got to play with Benson the bull dog puppy from next door and had a good chat with the neighbor.  After that I showered, ate lunch, then passed out for an hour an a half. I'm definitely adjusting to both the heat and the work. I'll be a pro at both in a month. 

I'm in the right mindset to tackle the new week and get myself together to conquer this challenge!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I watched the eclipse last night! It was really nice. I fell asleep before I could see the shadow pull away but I saw the first half, and thats good enough.   Did anyone else see it? 

I missed it... Or rather when I was out the moon looked normal :P

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

On 5/13/2022 at 8:40 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Well, We made lemon olive oil cake. Mom hated it. Dad loved it. I thought it was good enough but it made my stomach hurt, and the stomach gets the last word on all things food. 

I have a recipe for this on Pinterest that I still haven't made.  You got very mixed results but the stomach does get more votes.  

I missed the eclipse.   I never looked to see what time it was supposed to occur and then I just forgot about it and went to bed.  I'm glad you got the chance.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

4 hours ago, Shello said:

I have a recipe for this on Pinterest that I still haven't made.  You got very mixed results but the stomach does get more votes.  

yeah. Dad has no problems with it. But it takes a lot to make him ill! 

4 hours ago, Shello said:

I missed the eclipse.   I never looked to see what time it was supposed to occur and then I just forgot about it and went to bed.  I'm glad you got the chance.  

I was obsessed with it!!  There’s another one in the wee hours November 8! Then we don’t get one until 2025 on this side of the planet

15 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Oof, wishing you comfy low light until that wears off! 

I had prescription sunglasses, so that was helpful! But oddly, I wasn't too bothered by sunlight or the lights at home. But I looked at my phone and even with the brightness down it was painful. So I went without screens for a couple hours, which made my challenge SO MUCH EASIER! :D

• Like 4

Mom and I started cutting out refined carbs with sugar since Sunday.  We're not going for total elimination, but just using it as a guideline to avoid foods that don't support our goals, and to focus more on foods that do. Mom says she feels really good, and I feel less than good.  Eventually I realized I'm not eating enough. Easy to fix with some fruit and cheese  or some nuts/seeds.. yup yup yup

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Easy to fix with some fruit and cheese  or some nuts/seeds.. yup yup yup

Solid solution!  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I woke up today feeling lousy and sad. I made breakfast for everyone- leftover chicken fajitas frittata. LOADS of protein.  I had to spray my spatula several times. The pan is non-stick, but the spatula is not, so the eggs wanted to stick so badly to it. NOPE. I win, stupid eggs! YOU GOT EATEN.

After that, I decided it was time to deep clean my bedroom.  It feels more comfortable in here now. I didn't realize how neglected it was in here, and how DUSTY it got. I'm really enjoying being here. It feels more homey when it's clean. 

I'm still sad, but I also feel like I'm happy. Being a human is weird. :)

• Like 4