4OH6.gif

My flat's a constant mess.

I've barely cooked in months.

clueless-10.gif

My work hours are out of control.

I procrastinate everything.

S7yf.gif

I don't know how to challenge.

I've been alternating between frenziedly writing code and obsessively playing games.

Self improvement makes me wanna throw up.

tumblr_n0sq9xSqfU1s72k2ho1_500.gifv

I failed at blagging my way through a tech interview. I didn't want the job but I wanted to get the job.

E6TV.gif

I'm in a dead end job/industry.

I occasionally climb.

I pole twice a week.

I look like a goblin in heels.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzxUO1fMGl395SUA50-_N

I play on my skateboard occasionally.

clueless-7.gif

I painted once. This year.

I drink too much coffee.

clueless-tai.gif

Current game: Legends of Runeterra

Current tunes: Punk. RIP neighbours.

Current read: Amulet and ghost stories

Current mood: Fuck it, I feel good

whatever-annoyed.gif

So why am I here again? 

3paw.gif

What are my goals?

8PdG.gif

clueless.gif

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • That's Metal 2
2 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Hey friend, hard things are hard. I don't know what to do, but I know how to be here.

Yay! 🤗 I do honestly feel good though! I just don’t have a clue what I’m doing, which is most people anyway so it’s fiiine. 😄 

Spoiler

Though hindsight really is 20/20. You might recall I went to a psych for an evaluation a few months back, and looking back my answers were almost comically understated. It’s only now that I see that maaaybe the common denominator in those fights I picked were me, and not everyone else sabotaging. Maybe. And maaaybe me “trying to not work too much” was an absolute lie. 😄 But in a way he reassured me too - as long as I’m not actually going crazy and hurting myself other people or bankrupting myself we’re in good shape! So yay! 

• Like 5

I am here for stuff, or whatever, or, you know, dropping logs of substance directly into the oven. Whatever you want to do, I'm here to nod along.

Dance Dancing GIF

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Hey, hi! 

I'm firmly committed to my theory that "adulthood" is just 50% trying to be not an asshole and 50% hardcore pretending I know what the heck is going on.  

• Like 3

“To see that your life is a story while you're in the middle of living it may be a help to living it well."

-Ursula K. Le Guin

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, Simple

7 hours ago, Gemma said:

I'm firmly committed to my theory that "adulthood" is just 50% trying to be not an asshole and 50% hardcore pretending I know what the heck is going on.  

This tracks.

Good to see you again, @Mad Hatter :) 

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38

On 5/6/2022 at 6:21 PM, Alanna said:

Glad to have you back! 

rollin with the homies GIF

Thanks!!!

On 5/6/2022 at 6:27 PM, Harriet said:

I am here for stuff, or whatever, or, you know, dropping logs of substance directly into the oven. Whatever you want to do, I'm here to nod along.

Dance Dancing GIF

Yay! :) 

On 5/6/2022 at 7:15 PM, Elastigirl said:

Hey there glad to see you!

Good to be back!

On 5/6/2022 at 7:53 PM, Gemma said:

Hey, hi! 

Truth.

On 5/6/2022 at 10:04 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

happy to see you! this is a good place to be! :) 

It is indeed!

On 5/7/2022 at 3:43 AM, Scaly Freak said:

This tracks.

Good to see you again, @Mad Hatter :) 

Thanks!! 

On 5/7/2022 at 6:49 AM, Defining said:

What adulting feels like, way way too often:

When-You-Dont-Get-Promotion-You-Thought-Bag.gif.f5c0c718efb2b85d06a43c6383a700f0.gif

What I've concluded is the best response to all this, just smile and

1077260628_two-thumbs-up-travis-birkenstock-clueless(1).gif.af628ba2ca85ac42b10f1d33e24feb0f.gif

Indeed. The latter can be surprisingly hard to do, but it's essentially my current strategy. :D 

17 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

You are baaaaack!!! :D Great to see you have a thread here. Missed you. ❤️ 

Also nice to see you doing pole twice a week!

Likewise!!!

Yeah it's awesome! Two heel classes and one trick class. But my shoe broke last class. 😭 I asked my teacher for duct tape but she didn't approve and instead "upgraded" me to 8" heels and I almost died. 😅

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I asked my teacher for duct tape but she didn't approve and instead "upgraded" me to 8" heels and I almost died. 

Ah, after a few sessions, the difference between 7 and 8" is hardly noticable anymore. :D And once you are used to the 8", you won't want to go back. :D 

Bummer about the shoes breaking though. But then: always a great excuse to buy new ones... 

• Like 1

Challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 13, 1415

Quickie updates 🙂

Friday I climbed badly and played even worse Kimble. It was great. 

Saturday I had the don't wannas. So I didn't, beside forcing myself outside. Then I built a jigsaw puzzle with an epic dragon painting because I didn't want to think.

Sunday (so far) couldn't be in the flat so I went skating. But my body hurts from sitting hunched over the puzzle like an idiot yesterday, and I cut it short to save myself for pole later.

I also finished Amulet and got upset that there's still one more graphic novel in the series to go! 😭

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Epsilonte said:

Ah, after a few sessions, the difference between 7 and 8" is hardly noticable anymore. :D And once you are used to the 8", you won't want to go back. :D 

Bummer about the shoes breaking though. But then: always a great excuse to buy new ones... 

Yeah it wasn't actually tooo bad, I felt the weight more than anything else. It's more the idea of an 8" heel which frankly is insanity. 😆 

But yes it is shopping time. Actually it was supposed to be shopping time weeks ago because I feared this would happen. But the procrastination is strong in this one. 🙈

• Like 2

I'm thinking about goals but clearly I really don't know how to set useful ones... Ideas?

I have vague ideas about not looking like a goblin when pole dancing... but will I put in the effort?

I would like to get back some of my previous skill and flexibility... but it's going to suck. 😛 

I want to learn a skate trick or two... but I don't want to set goals for it.

I really want to draw/paint... but don't know how to (re)start.

The only thing I do know is that I need to get my work hours sane again! I don't think I have enough (self) control over my afternoon/evening hours atm, but no work before 10 am. And I'm going to take Fridays off for a while.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Saturday I had the don't wannas. So I didn't,

Haha, my Saturday was very similar... xD

16 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

The only thing I do know is that I need to get my work hours sane again! I don't think I have enough (self) control over my afternoon/evening hours atm, but no work before 10 am. And I'm going to take Fridays off for a while.

Yay Fridays off! :) 

Maybe "sane work hours" IS your primary goal and the means to achieve it are "paint in the mornings" or "go and skate for half an hour" (or 10 mins or whatever. Make them easily achievable!) or "do a little stretching session"... 

• Like 2

Challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 13, 1415

8" is, like, 20cm? Is that correct? That sounds insane! How do you even?

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Thinking outside the box: what about "hobby points"? Every time you skate, climb, pole dance, draw, etc. is a hobby point, and you aim at 1 hobby point per work day and 10/15/20 per week? And re-evaluate next challenge?

What have you tried in the past that worked, and what didn't work?

(I'll now stop asking questions, I guess there's enough question marks in this post already :lol:)

• Like 2
On 5/8/2022 at 1:53 PM, Epsilonte said:

Haha, my Saturday was very similar... xD

Yay Fridays off! :) 

Maybe "sane work hours" IS your primary goal and the means to achieve it are "paint in the mornings" or "go and skate for half an hour" (or 10 mins or whatever. Make them easily achievable!) or "do a little stretching session"... 

Yes that really should be my primary goal!

22 hours ago, Waanie said:

8" is, like, 20cm? Is that correct? That sounds insane! How do you even?

Thinking outside the box: what about "hobby points"? Every time you skate, climb, pole dance, draw, etc. is a hobby point, and you aim at 1 hobby point per work day and 10/15/20 per week? And re-evaluate next challenge?

What have you tried in the past that worked, and what didn't work?

(I'll now stop asking questions, I guess there's enough question marks in this post already :lol:)

I know right??! It's mad! 

I've literally tried all of them. :D But maybe I need a mental makeover and try everything again. :P 

18 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Alicia Silverstone Makeover GIF by filmeditor

YES!!!

• Like 3

Yesterday I ran out of pole classes on my card, so I committed to a six-month membership! This means I will now have take all the classes. :D 

Today I slept for 10 hours and have too much energy but not enough focus to blow off the steam. I tried to go skating but both the park and basketball court was occupied by little kids. Gross. So I've been skating around my flat. :D

I got some goals today too! Just in time. 

- No work until 10am

- 1 hobby point per day

- 10 hobby points per week

- 1 fight-the-resistance point per day. This is about combating laziness/procrastination/lack of focus/tiredness excuses but is not tied to any specific outcome. When I notice I'm stuck, I get a point for doing literally anything else other than what I'm currently doing.

• Like 8
  • That's Metal 1