Hello there.

I have been using Nerd Fitness Prime for a bit under a year now but I am new to the forum. I've always majorly struggled to keep to any kind of plan or routine, let alone an exercise routine. I don't think my chaotic childhood or ADHD set me up for sticking to things. However, for the first time ever I have actually finished a six week exercise plan -the Prime Press-Up Challenge that just finished. I decided to look at the Academy and then noticed there is a forum, which I like the idea of much more than facebook which I don't use much.

I'm hoping finally finishing a six week exercise plan after years of failing to do so will provide some momentum to continue and perhaps improve in other parts of life too. My main goals at the moment are to reconnect with myself to discover what I should be doing with my life after wasting so many years. 

• Like 3

Welcome to the forums!

On 5/18/2022 at 6:50 AM, Kurama said:

I've always majorly struggled to keep to any kind of plan or routine, let alone an exercise routine. I don't think my chaotic childhood or ADHD set me up for sticking to things.

Yeah, ADHD makes sticking to a routine feel impossible some days. On one hand I crave routine, but then when I try to stick to it I feel like its a prison of sorts. Executive dysfunction doesn't help either. One of my things is I love making plans and routines, spend hours fine tuning it and making it as ideal as possible, and then sit around and play on my phone and accomplish nothing. Part of me wishes I could clone myself so I could be my own accountabilibuddy sometimes, but then I think I'd just end up with 2 of me sitting around getting nothing done.

I've never completed a 6 week challenge before, but I have about 20 saved that I want to try. Might adapt one as a bonus goal on one of the 5 week challenges on here.

Welcome to the forums Kurama (great name, I am watching through Shippuden again) 

Have you considered making a challenge thread to track your progress and get supported by the community?  There is a new one starting June 19

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/1324-current-challenge-june-19-to-july-23/

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

*Creeps back in and whispers*

I'm respawning.

On 6/15/2022 at 5:51 PM, Rookie said:

Welcome to the forums Kurama (great name, I am watching through Shippuden again) 

Have you considered making a challenge thread to track your progress and get supported by the community?  There is a new one starting June 19

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/1324-current-challenge-june-19-to-july-23/

Sorry I missed this when you posted. I saw this as an an update when I was going through older emails and it brought me back. So, thanks very much! I'll set up a challenge thread for the upcoming challenge!

• Haha 1
58 minutes ago, Kurama said:

*Creeps back in and whispers*

I'm respawning.

scared season 4 GIF by The Eric Andre Show

58 minutes ago, Kurama said:

Sorry I missed this when you posted. I saw this as an an update when I was going through older emails and it brought me back. So, thanks very much! I'll set up a challenge thread for the upcoming challenge!

Yay! You are very welcome :) I look forward to seeing you around

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}