WhiteGhost Escapes Tamriel

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

Theoretically I could have been going to the park this whole time, but I have not because the risk of cross infection was greater than the benefit of going to the park. 

The exact same reasons for why I have avoided the gym. 

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

The last few days have mostly been about getting to the hospital every day for Ghostess's treatment and then making sure she gets her medicine (a heat compress and a some kind of salve) get applied on time.  Gaming and workouts have taken a backseat but they are still happening when I can fit them in

I hope the treatments are working! Back issues are a pain in more ways than literally.

• Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38

On 6/7/2022 at 1:00 PM, juliebarkley said:

A sweet and caring husband, you are.

Thanks

On 6/7/2022 at 1:25 PM, Scaly Freak said:

A good reason

On 6/7/2022 at 1:25 PM, Scaly Freak said:

I hope the treatments are working! Back issues are a pain in more ways than literally.

I hope so as well, because you are completely right

--------------------------------

No workouts this week because I haven't had the time.  Ghostess needed to be in the office most of this week but she couldn't sit upright long enough for the drive so I have been chauffeuring her to the office each day and then taking her to the hospital for her treatment when she finishes.  It hasn't left a lot of time for anything else.

Ghostlet has been continuing his Blender hobby and has really gotten quite good at it.  We decided to take things to the next level and bought a 3D printer so he could turn the things he has been building in Blender into physical objects.  It arrived yesterday so I got it all set up and tried it out but everything failed.  We are going to make some adjustments and try again tonight. 

• Like 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

The remainder of the challenge was super busy.  I spent all morning Friday at the embassy getting Ghostlet's passport renewed and then the afternoon with Ghostess at the hospital.  Saturday morning Ghostess had broken out in a major rash all over her back from the medicing compress she had been given for her back treatment so we rushed around to 4 different hospitals trying to find one that wasn't already booked out for the day but all of the numbers were taken.  We ended up finding a private specialty clinic in the afternoon, that ended up being both infinitely better than any of the public hospitals and within her insurance coverage.  She is recovering nicely now from both her musculoskeletal and skin back problems.

This morning we woke up to news that some dude* went partying in Sanlitun (The bar district) during the week while being contagious with covid and we now have a new breakout.  There was almost a hundred new cases from that one evening alone.  School was supposed to resume tomorrow but that is now on hold. 

* according to knowledgeable sources, the dude was quite the playboy and made out with at least five different girls over the course of the evening. 

I am mostly ready to go with my new challenge so now I need to go write it up 

• Like 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11