Not so much a respawn, but an import into a whole new game that I've yet to figure out how to play

It's honestly been so long since I've played this "game", that not only have there been patches, and DLC that I have occasionally tried to respawn into and never finished, but now there a sequel, and my character has loaded into it, but the buttons have changed and I'm just running into walls and falling off the edge of the maps, t

Hi all  - if no one remembers me (likely), I'm Myrna. Also called Mira. Also called Panda. Also called Cassandra *disgusted noise* Penteghast (at least in my own head). Honestly, I've never been able to cope with just one internet handle - various forums, email servers and blog sites are littered with various identities I have given myself over the years, but that is not important right now.

About five years ago, I was active-ish here, and moderately successful in getting into healthier habits. Leveled up, dropped some weight, things were great. Then, as it is wont to do, life came at me fast and hard.  . .

Life Comes At You Fast GIFs | Tenor

Children, jobs, building a house, the 'rona. . . . all the things . . . .I could only manage so much, and rebuilding healthy habits have been the thing that gets cut every time.

And now here I am five years later, the same weight I was when I started, but now with no freakin' clue how to do the things any more - there is no tutorial and you can't change the difficulty settings.  I won't say it was EASY before, but the only things I really had to deal with was my own laziness and self control issues and a full time job. Panda Lazy GIF - Panda Lazy Cute - Discover & Share GIFs<<<<<< Actual photo of me from five years ago

Now I have 2 kids (who are incredible, but exhausting), a husband who is finishing up a college degree while working full time, an aging mother who seems to have more doctors appointments then my kids -- AAAAnd my own laziness,self control issues and a full time job.  How I am supposed to schlocket  meal planning, food prepping, and exercise into the madness that is my daily life, while still maintaining actual, y'know, family time?

Panda Family GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY  >>>> Actual photo of me now

I know other people have done all these things, and more - they play on hard difficulty and still get the achievements. But that is not me.

At least not yet.  But I'm going to button mash way through this, until I figure it out

I hate coming in during the middle of challenges but I know I probably should. Until I convince myself to do that I am trying to really focus on the basics. Logging, drinking water, 10 minute walks, bed on time.

Wish me luck, and send game manuals so I can maybe figure this all out!

• Like 1

Blog: https://seekingcassandra.blogspot.com/

Current Challenge:  SeekingCassandra is planning a comeback

Previous Challenge:

"One day, they may write about me as a traitor, a madwoman, a fool. And they may be right."

Welcome back. I'm currently replaying the tutorial myself. What button to I push to jump again? Can I do combo attacks?

Bedtime-Lag_800x800_SEPS-1-500x500.jpgCombo Attack t-shirt TeeTurtle navy t-shirt featuring a fox in a blue tied headband throwing a blue fire ball with gaming symbols under him - a down arrow, angled arrow, side arrow, plus sign, and fist

On 5/19/2022 at 3:37 PM, SeekingCassandra said:

Honestly, I've never been able to cope with just one internet handle - various forums, email servers and blog sites are littered with various identities I have given myself over the years, but that is not important right now.

Lol, I can identify with that. Beccarabbit, Beccathingy,  Elfthingy, Lanithingy, and probably at least 5 more that I can't remember. Makes me think of a thing that I read (that I can't find to save my life so I'm paraphrasing). Guy was asked what defines him and he replied, "Nothing. Defining something locks it in and means it can't change." I think the same is true for internet handles. I'm not the same person I was back then, so I need a new name.

• Like 1