» shaar brings it old school [2015/ff7 style]

1 hour ago, shaar said:

How does one fight a bird gang I wonder???

My husband and I say that the mourning doves are bouncers for the finches. Mourning doves are adorable idiots, but sometimes we see them on a wire with some finches and sparrows in between them and decide they are using their girth to protect them.

Your breakfast boxes sound AWESOME. Yay for mason jars too (boo delay), I have many and love them all. The more variety of shapes and sizes the better :3

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Respawn Story: Fox and the Lost Kit || Current Challenge: Fox vs. Heavy Things

16 hours ago, Ahyar Dreamspark said:

What if you could enlist the bird gang as allies by creating a device that dispenses good bird seed if they place change into it? Like a vending machine, but for birds. Profit!

Honestly if all my neighbors of collection of bird feeders were able to do this... but then the squirrels come to make a different war. 

Following along to see adventures after getting excited to see FFVII gifs (though I only played to cross dressing scenes right before I joined NF in 2015... been meaning to play it all the way through along with the remake >.>)

• Like 1

Larger than Average Fairy Druid Level 1

10 STR / 8 DEX / 10 CON / 13 INT / 13 WIS / 17 CHA

(DnD Stats)

19 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

My husband and I say that the mourning doves are bouncers for the finches. Mourning doves are adorable idiots, but sometimes we see them on a wire with some finches and sparrows in between them and decide they are using their girth to protect them.

Your breakfast boxes sound AWESOME. Yay for mason jars too (boo delay), I have many and love them all. The more variety of shapes and sizes the better :3

Adorable idiots is the best way to describe them!! I get a couple of pairs here too and they are sweet but head empty, no thoughts.  

The breakfast boxes were a great idea, honestly they keep me full all through the morning!!  Woooo!  And lawdamercy my mason jars better show up today because I have a backlog of things I want to cram into them - overnight oats, JELLO, I want to make jello and those are perfect.... Amazon says they should be here by today or else I'm allowed to have a huge hissy fit and/or cancel my order so I reeeeeally hope they show up so I can keep that on the downlow and not have to go get some cheap dollar store variety. :[

18 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

babe, you are killing it!!!! loved to read here. Hope your way back to work is slow and smooth. big hug! :) 

HI AAAA THANK YOU <3333 I am doing my best and FEELING pretty darn good!

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The Birds (film) - Wikipedia

I aspire to be the calm Alfred on the left, standing serenely and telling these beaked hoodlums to "prithee fuck the hell off and stop damaging my propertye" instead of that shrieking banshee on the right, but you take what you can get.....

17 hours ago, Ahyar Dreamspark said:

What if you could enlist the bird gang as allies by creating a device that dispenses good bird seed if they place change into it? Like a vending machine, but for birds. Profit!

Didn't they do this with crows? Or maybe monkeys? I mean I could stand to become a Bird Tycoon but my engineering skills only extend as far as Lego I think....

15 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

But do you really want to?

BopHwTwIIAAU7x6.jpg

About to drop the hottest rap album of 2022!  (And also beak your face in and shit in your hair)(Ewwwww)

1 hour ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

Honestly if all my neighbors of collection of bird feeders were able to do this... but then the squirrels come to make a different war. 

Following along to see adventures after getting excited to see FFVII gifs (though I only played to cross dressing scenes right before I joined NF in 2015... been meaning to play it all the way through along with the remake >.>)

I have one (1) squirrel that sometimes comes and hangs out on my deck... he is actually not an enormous asshole and can't get to my birdfeeder and pretty much just scavenges seeds off the desk and railing, but smart ol' me wants to make pals with him so sometimes I put out some honey roasted peanuts that he LOVES.  But who else loves these, that asshole blue jay, sigh, I can't win..... and should probably keep the peanuts for myself, huh.

The remake is SO GOOD!!  I first played it over quarantine when it came out and it blew my little lizard brain away with how stunning it was.  They really killed it and managed to stay true to the original while putting a fresh spin on it IMO - I can't wait to see what the next one brings!  (Winter 2023 whyyyy is that so far)

❤️

HELLO PALS, quick morning update as I'm a busy banana today - heading to the gym shortly, followed by final follow up doctors appointment, then I'll come home to shove a quick lunch in before my tire appointment at 1:30, and after that will do the groceries for the next week.  PHEW.  I'm definitely feeling way less like ass in a basket so I've got that going for me.

Cloud Strife Ff7r GIF - Cloud Strife Ff7r Ff7 - Discover & Share GIFs

GO TEAM HAPPY FRIDAYYYYYYYYYY

• Like 6

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

It is

THE WEEKEND!!

HOLLOW BASTION

I had the Very Busy Day yesterday but everything got done and went well and that was that.  Ao even had an early day at work so he got home in the late afternoon and we had dinner together (big salad) and watched The Invisible Man together, and then sat outside on the deck and talked about literally everything until it got dark-ish.

I did have a few drinks last night and snakes alive has my tolerance gone down!  (THIS IS GOOD)  I woke up around 4 with a minor headache, took some (likely expired) asprin, went back to bed for a few hours, and feel pretty much fine this morning, aside from a little bit of a foggy brain.  I'm kind of shocked at how much Recently Past Shaar used to drink on the daily... I mean, hey ho coping mechanisms, but I'm glad I pushed through that part of my life.

ONWARDS AND FRICKIN UPWARDS INDEED

This weekend is gonna be hot as HECK so our plan is really just to stay inside and weather the heat - ha ha - see what I did there??..... Aaaanyway that's about it!  First week of the challenge done and it's looking like I nailed all my goals and I'm STOKED about it!!  Happy and in a good place. I was telling my doctor yesterday that I haven't felt this much like myself in a long time, like since last fall probably, and it's just really good.

It's been a lot of very hard work, but I'm also a very lucky person. ❤️

Have the BEST WEEKEND, FRIENDS!!

• Like 3

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

3 hours ago, shaar said:

Ao even had an early day at work so he got home in the late afternoon and we had dinner together (big salad) and watched The Invisible Man together, and then sat outside on the deck and talked about literally everything until it got dark-ish.

I love dinner and a movie and a late night chat. Sometimes it feels like we've talked about everything, and so there's nothing else to discuss. 😕

3 hours ago, shaar said:

I did have a few drinks last night and snakes alive has my tolerance gone down!  (THIS IS GOOD) ...  I'm kind of shocked at how much Recently Past Shaar used to drink on the daily... I mean, hey ho coping mechanisms, but I'm glad I pushed through that part of my life.

ONWARDS AND FRICKIN UPWARDS INDEED

Very proud of your progress in reducing intake. Habits are hard to break, but we support you and your efforts!!

3 hours ago, shaar said:

This weekend is gonna be hot as HECK so our plan is really just to stay inside and weather the heat - ha ha - see what I did there??.....

hahahahahahaha 😂 

Have a great weekend, shaar!

-Maerad

• Like 1
On 6/23/2022 at 8:55 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

But do you really want to?

BopHwTwIIAAU7x6.jpg

This looks so much like a album cover and I am 100% here for it.

On 6/24/2022 at 12:37 PM, shaar said:

HELLO PALS, quick morning update as I'm a busy banana today

Mad Men Business GIF by GoofyFroot

Glad you're feeling more yourself, that sounds really good.

• Like 2

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 8  -  CON: 4  -  CHA: 3  -  SAN: 2  -  INT: 3

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Race season 4-week challenge

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

On 6/25/2022 at 11:18 AM, MaeradCase said:

I love dinner and a movie and a late night chat. Sometimes it feels like we've talked about everything, and so there's nothing else to discuss. 😕

Very proud of your progress in reducing intake. Habits are hard to break, but we support you and your efforts!!

hahahahahahaha 😂 

Have a great weekend, shaar!

-Maerad

Thank you, I am doing my best!  I'm so glad for all the support :DDD

I hope your weekend was lovely tooooo!

On 6/25/2022 at 12:52 PM, Jarric said:

Glad you're feeling more yourself, that sounds really good.

It really is.  I was worried I'd never feel like me again!

On 6/25/2022 at 2:18 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

*Sits smugly in Central A/C*

See in Texas ya'll NEED central AC, it's so wild to me up here in New England that people have central and throw a hissy fit when it doesn't work on a 90 degree day, like dude put in a window AC LIKE THE REST OF US, you're not gonna die, you're just uncomfortable....

LAWDY PEOPLE

On 6/25/2022 at 5:03 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

Big flashback to the football days and beer drinking of shaar(awy).

OMG yesssss the namesake!!!! You remembered ahahaha those were the DAYS, friend!~ ❤️ 

• Like 3

Hello friends!!

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I actually woke up with a lot of anxiety out of nowhere that kind of turned into a big depression that I sat with for the majority of the day.  I didn't get much done aside from laundry and settling into a good few hours of Fire Emblem but it's ok!  Sometimes it just be like that. ❤️

I had a dinner meeting last night with my HR and direct supervisor about returning to work and it went REALLY WELL.  I'm actually super looking forward to going back - I return in 2 weeks on a part time basis until August, then I'll be back to full time!! I'm still a little, hmm, what's the word... hesitant? Apprehensive? About some of it... I really like the quiet life I've crafted for myself, I love having my time and being able to do what I want, but I also miss my work team and friends and am getting KINDA POOR, ahaha.  I'm hoping I will be able to ease back into things and strike a good work/life balance and be able to find out if this is something I want long term, or if I need to back away and do part time instead of full.  Time will tell but I am working to approach everything with an open mind and heart and excitement for whatever will come!

I Got This GIFs | Tenor

(channeling willes for this one ❤️)

Gym time this week so far has been kinda shelved; yesterday I was in The Pit mostly, but I managed to get in a little home lifting session for 30 minutes while binging my new TV obsession of RIVERDALE; I was obsessed with the Archie comics as a kid - every time we went out to dinner at our local Italian place they had a comic book section near the register and my mom would always let me pick up the new Archie comic - and I forgot about this show until recently but it's so cute and kinda wholesome and REALLY good!~  Anyways today I'm super achy and am having a real big intuitive moment that I need to take it easy today instead of push it, so I took a nice 30 minute walk around the neighborhood while I grabbed the mail before the sun came up and got super hot. 

It's been kinda hard for me to come to terms with the fact that I may not be able to lift as heavy or as consistent as I did 6-8 years ago... while I love it I really just have to take it day by day and see what I can do that will be best for ME in the long term.  So I may lift a little bit at home later, and hopefully gym tomorrow, but we'll see.  While I would like to drop a good 10 pounds and go ALL IN 500% NO MERCY I'm going to do my best to just be as active as I can allow on any given day and build off of that. My life is very different now and I need to remember that I'm still healing and have a lot going on!

It's all good tho'~ ❤️ 

Anyways that's me for today! Have a great day friends and THANK YOU for checking in with me!!! I'm so grateful to have your support and I'm so happy we are a big nerd family ❤️❤️ 

Pin on Drawings

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, shaar said:

what I can do

This is big medicine.  Letting go of expectations and just doing what can be done will yield results, for sure.

Exciting about work stuff; it sounds like you have good support there and that's awesome.  Good luck with it!

Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

Level 46 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

I'll just point out the anxiety depression episode happened the day after meeting with HR about going back to work. I don't say that to mean you shouldn't go back, just to normalize a perfectly understandable reaction to the circumstances.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 6/28/2022 at 10:24 AM, Cheetah said:

This is big medicine.  Letting go of expectations and just doing what can be done will yield results, for sure.

One of my big takeaways from therapy is that I put way too many expectations on myself, even if I think they're small and won't affect me... I think a lot of us do this but it's also SUPER HARD to draw that line of, okay goals I'd like to meet, versus not wanting to put too much on yourself and becoming lazy.  I think it's more about cultivating mindfulness in place of laziness.  If that makes sense?? Phew sure am glad I stopped drinking coffee huh morning brain

On 6/28/2022 at 11:33 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'll just point out the anxiety depression episode happened the day after meeting with HR about going back to work. I don't say that to mean you shouldn't go back, just to normalize a perfectly understandable reaction to the circumstances.

YUP, this definitely was not lost on me either!  Brains, jeez.  I actually had the episode the day of my meeting, but after I met with everyone I felt way better.  It will be a big adjustment and I'm certain I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm slowly foraging my way through, at least....

GOOD MORNING PALS

It is Thursday, also known as, PRE FRIDAY

Thursday Almost Friday GIFs | Tenor

this gif is a blessing on so many levels

Anywayyyys just a quick check in this morning.  I think I'm subconsciously not posting daily anymore because my lizard brain knows I won't have the ability to comfortably do that once I head back to the office, and that's okay!  Right now I am working on adapting to change and taking things one day at a time~

Also on the Good News Note - my weight lately has been settling at 143 lbs which is AWESOME for me to see, especially since it had been hovering around 148-149 for a longggg time earlier this year.  Fuck you, alcohol. I'm very certain that's a big part of it, but we have also been eating much cleaner at home with very little sweets, and working on substituting fresh fruit for snacks in the evening!  Also - because it's all in season right now - sometimes I will slice a tomato or cucumber I grabbed at the farmer's stand and put a little salt on it, and that's my evening snack.  The fresh veggies are SO good this time of year and I'm gonna capitalize on that all I can!

This morning I'll be heading to the gym to lift and then trying to find some extra planters for my new plants I bought the other day - I still have 3 to pot and hopefully I can find what I want! Then dinner tonight is going to be a 

HONEY LIME RAMEN SALAD WITH SHRIMP

And I'm super excited about that!

Okay that's all for meeeee ❤️❤️ STAY COOL Y'ALL (cause it's summertime har har)

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

Sounds good!  Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Level 46 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I was thinking of this song the other day, and it made me think of you:

Wowie wow wow wow wow WOW I FORGOT ALL ABOUT these amazing old-ish timey religion music videos WOW.  I'm curious how everyone in this video gets at least one semi-closeup EXCEPT the strange wobbling bald man playing the guitar next to Uncle Jesse there, I wonder why?  Is he camera shy? Is he deformed??  I guess I'll never know....

Happy Friday GIFs - 70 Moving Pictures With Captions

F R I D A Y

This week has been kind of weird!  I've had some low energy dips but between my anxiety bout earlier this week, and going HARD at the gym yesterday and then not eating for like 2 hours after (oooops........) I'm pretty sure most of it's on me.  Either way I'm going to take it easy today - we are on a 3 day weekend from Saturday - Monday so today I am going to hustle to the grocery store to stock up our fridge and pantry before everyone else goes before their BBQs this weekend. (Going to the grocery on a Friday daytime is one of the things I will miss going back to work...)  I want to do a little yoga when I get home to work out my tight shoulders and upper back, then maybe settle in to play some Fire Emblem and start Riverdale season 2!  

OH I FORGOT - my mason jars came in - and the overnight oats are so good!!!  Ao sadly didn't like them (it's a texture thing), but I'm making mine with almond milk and vanilla soy yogurt, and in the morning I'll add a little bit of cinnamon and whatever fruit I have on hand.  Today is fresh blackberries and it is AWESOME.  Yay for discovering healthy sustainable breakfasts!  I'm trying not to use a ton of yogurt, I know it generally has a fair amount of sugar in it, but I'm also not at the point where I'm nitpicky macro tracking either so, YOLO.

Overall I've had a really good week,  I don't even want to pick up any alcohol for the weekend - !!!!! - and I'm REALLY HAPPY with that!!! I'll just make some herbal iced tea instead (maybe blueberry) and treat myself to some coconut milk ice cream instead~

88S Weekly GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The landscapers are here and mowing the grass and trimming the shrubs and it smells so nice~ ... Also I realize that makes me sounds a little bougie  maybe, "the landscapers", hell naw I just live in a townhome community where our HOA monthly dues go to having a crew landscape for us so

OKAY it's gonna be HAWT TODAY Y'ALL so I want to get these groceries done sooner than later!!  Have a FRICKIN AWESOME FRIDAY AND YOU ONLY YOLO ONCE OKAY??? ❤️❤️ 

• Like 4

HI GUYS!  Sorry for dropping off the face for a little while there - we had a nice busy long weekend and it was GREAT!  Played lots of video games (Current obsession is V Rising, kind of like a vampire survival game in a Diablo-esque style where you gather resources to build your castle and beat bosses and stufffff), watched some movies, grilled some burgers and bulgogi-style chicken for the week, and pretty much just relaxed.

Ao bought a big fancy surround sound system for the living room and he set that up Sunday with a friend; we watched John Wick 3 and it felt like I was in a theater WOWIE

Best John Wick Chapter 3 GIFs | Gfycat

I adore Keanu Reeves and well done fight scenes in movies aaaa...

ANYWAYS.

With the long weekend came a little more extra food and drink than usual, but that's okay and to be expected.  Today heralded a KILLER gym session this morning, and a sweet lunch salad with some of that bulgogi chicken on spinach and tomatoes and a little cheese.    Everything ebbs and flows and I'm learning not to beat myself up, that wherever I am on any given day is just where I am, and more than anything I'm just happy to be here. ❤️ 

Short, sweet, and that's about it for today!  Things are well. I go back to work Monday and I'm a mix of excited and hesitant but we will see where that path leads - if nothing else it's a path of income right now (hehehe) and I'll totally take that part~

Talk soon, have a great day friends!!!

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1