🔲🟦🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲

FOOD

🟧🟧🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲

ARTSY STUFF

🟪🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲  PIANO

🟪🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲  BASS

🟪🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲  GUITAR

🟪🟪🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲  SKETCH/DOODLE

Hectic week so far, filled with a lot of things I am reserved about, or not wanting to do, and the things I was looking forward to, being canceled.    It's a yucky week - but not all weeks will be yucky.   I will use this week to do more art, more games and more music.     I had a very upset stomach on Monday that was basically all good to go by Tuesday.     So I got my strength day in at lunch yesterday.   In the evening I went out to my friends house so her dog could have a more recent exposure to me before I babysit them both on Saturday for her shoulder surgery recovery.  It went fine, but the poor girl is such a shy-skittish doggo.    Late last night, my friend texted me he was sick and had suddenly started running a fever.  We were out together on Sunday for a few hours.   He tested positive this morning and so gaming is canceled this week.   I *think* I am okay since I only just had covid myself back on April 25th-May4th.   I know the new omicrons can infect people with previous omicrons, but even so, the 3 month marker of 'pretty safe' is still a thing... I think?   I'll monitor my symptoms and just make sure nothing seems amiss.    Today is a little cooler out and only 82, so it will be a lunch hour bike ride.   I'm tired - but I think that's pending stress from the concerns of being on covid symptom alert and also the upcoming Saturday thing I am a little anxious about.    Tonight is therapist, well timed, and then supposed to be game night, but we're down the one player and the other is going to be late.  Sooo not sure what the plan will be.

Ready For The Weekend Friday GIF by Squirrel Monkey

• Like 2

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Today - work was fine.   I had a nice strength day in.   I did another sketch at work, so I've done more art this week, than I have in like 8 weeks combined lol.   After work I watered my garden, tied up a few more branches of tomatoes and cucumbers, then had home cooked pork chops with a summer veggie sautee.  Delicious.   I played some bass, and some guitar.   Our vampire game - which was going to be canceled on account of our DM catching covid - actually turned into a fun 2 hour all RP session that our DM ran from his room, off his tablet/discord, lol!  So great!    I did get a fraud alert as we wrapped up, and I followed the text prompts to cancel the card and refuse the charge.  (Alert also came by email, so I am confident it was legit.)  Tomorrow is a dilly, as I get a "This weekend will be smashing baby!" mammogram before work.  LOL.   Then work, home and chill time!    My babysitting hours for Saturday are 7:30 to noon most likely, as she'll be a full 24 hours post surgery by then.     Since TheBoy™ lives with the currently covidified DM, we're skipping hang outs until Sunday - when he'd be on Day 6 of his exposure and can take a rapid test.   I really don't think he or I will get it since we JUST got fully over it like 6 weeks ago - but we'll proceed with some caution.    Sunday will be a bike ride and chili dogs if we're still all good.

Spoiler

EXERCISE

🔲🟩🟦🟩🔲🔲🔲

FOOD

🟧🟧🟧🟧🔲🔲🔲

ARTSY STUFF

🟪🟪🟪🟪🔲🔲🔲  PIANO

🟪🔲🔲🟪🔲🔲🔲  BASS

🟪🔲🔲🟪🔲🔲🔲  GUITAR

🟪🟪🟪🟪🔲🔲🔲  SKETCH/DOODLE

Oh here's the sketches I did this week.   All related to my vampire character and game.

Spoiler

ahYu6qRl.jpg  rvibrOGl.jpg

v4VjuBNl.jpg

cUoXDrul.jpg

iuengFYl.jpg

• Like 5

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

I hope you guys don't catch covid again. Man, it's really making the rounds again. 

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 261 lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Returns (Zelda Memes Wanted)

Previous Challenges: 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Good Reads

Week 1 Proper, right?   I lose track of weeks something fierce if I don't write out a whole kitten caboodle journal page format, lol.

EXERCISE

🔲🟩🟦🟩🟦🔲🟦

FOOD

🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧🔲🔲

ARTSY STUFF

🟪🔲🔲🔲🟪🔲🔲  PIANO

🟪🔲🔲🟪🔲🟪🟪  BASS

🟪🔲🔲🟪🔲🔲🟪  GUITAR

🟪🟪🟪🟪🟪🔲🔲  SKETCH/DOODLE

It was a week of odd schedules, shifts in plans and uncertainties.    So I didn't get all my boxes marked.   Oddly though, since work was slow I did a LOT of sketching at work, so it kind of fills the gaps for the days I missed with music.     I was not feeling well Monday night, so I skipped going to my friends house to visit her doggo.   I got some music in then.  Tuesday was at her house till 7:30, so when I got home, I was not feeling up to setting up instruments and getting practice in at 8pm.  I wanted to veg, so into the games I went.    Wed was therapy immediately after work and video games with pals after that.  Thursday we had surprise bit of RP on the game I am so excited about, but thought would be canceled since DM has covid.   He ran us through RP from his tablet, in his room.   Woot.   Friday came and I got some piano time in, and then a bit of bass before I wanted to play more games and unwind before Saturday.     That was the day of babysitting friend and her socially anxious / nervous deaf dog.   It went almost perfectly, until for no reason, after being there 6 hours, the dog looked at me, growl-barked and charged at me.    Like an hour before she was sniffing my hand and laying in between me and my friend... no clue.    Came home and was just SO exhausted that I just played games all night.  I also got pretty sick from the Chinese my friend ordered in for me - it was super greasy but I felt bad that she bought it for me as a thank you for helping out, and so I ate it (not all.)   Sunday was was church, then TheBoy™ and I loaded up the bikes, road 8 miles to the zoo, walked the zoo looking for a LemonChill they no longer sell, then 7 miles back and then we got tacos and then went home and made some chili for our friend (his roomie)(DM with covid) and dropped that off when I dropped him and bikes off.  Then ended the day with some more V-Rising video game chill.      

All in all,  I am okay with the targets that were met.

Stressors Dump Behind Spoiler

Spoiler

There was a lot of extra stress yesterday though - as my friend who has been in and out of the hospital is back into the hospital.    And our mutual friend keeps texting me her worries about him.    It makes me feel like she expects me to do something ... and I can't.   It's beyond my control in the first place, and he has to want / seek / accept help on the emotional side that he keeps bearing to me and the other friend.    I'm of course worried about him.   But I can't do anything to change the circumstances.    I can pray the doctors move in wise ways and find the best way to get him on the right track, but I really can't do more than that.    Additionally, my sis was hit hard by the sermon (About the misnomer of 'God doesn't give you more than you can handle') due to her being weary and angry about the path her life has taken.     She hit the Jack last night and by 8pm was wobbling as she stood trying to talk to me.   I told her this has to stop and it led to an hour of her expelling her hurts and frustrations.    She too, like my friend, continually digs in heels / finds excuses to not seek therapy and help that is, ya know, trained on how to walk people through this.     It's very hard to watch people you care about suffer, and not be able to direct them to help, or find a way to ease that pain for them.    I can't, and don't want to, just walk away and turn my back on them, but I must find a way to love them, be there for them, and also not feel responsible for them.   It sums up best with, "If I can't help them, then I don't want to watch them fail at all."     I mean, I know that in all life that's sort of a thing.   A parent has to take off the training wheels and watch their kid go solo and probably wipe out.     The difference is... the kid WANTS to ride the bike.  They're willing to take the scrapes, so long as mom is back there ready with a band aid, to get the feeling of being on their wheels.   The oen I have a hard time with, is when the kid doesn't even want to look outside the window and see the bike in the yard.    

This week, I am going to really work on finding ways to make sure I am refueling.   I am going to be openly verbal about my boundaries, and when I need something for my best interests.    This is not to say I will be a selfish princess, but... those planes that refuel fighter jets in the sky?  Yeah.  They need their own fuel supply in order to that in the first place.   And that's what I need to make sure of.

Plane Airplane GIF

• Like 6

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

19 hours ago, starpuck said:

be openly verbal about my boundaries

Yes.  Do that.

It's hard to be wiling to let go of people who aren't seeking or getting the help that they need.  But letting go is often the best and the only thing you can do.

• Like 1

Level 47 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Midweek Update, for Week 2

Spoiler

EXERCISE

🟦🟩🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲

FOOD

🟧🟧🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲

ARTSY STUFF

🔲🟪🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲  PIANO

🔲🟪🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲  BASS

🟪🟪🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲  GUITAR

🔲🟪🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲  SKETCH/DOODLE

SAY YES - Went to Dinner, last minute with friend.  

We've had really nice weather and that has been super awesome.     On Monday I asked the friend that I had to say No to last week, if there was a day this week that would be good for grabbing some food and he said, Tonight?   I countered with a Yes.  So I've done both for this challenge.   It did push music off the plate for Monday, so I just did some guitar which is the quickest and easiest thing to catch a few minutes of in a pinch.    

I've got D, A, E, C, G, Em and Am totally memorized for where things should be fretted.   Changing between them quickly is still a work in progress, but I feel good knowing the fingerings for those chords!   Strumming is ... well, I totally wing it.  Which means I am probably not doing it correctly, but I do manage to get strumming into the mix - so it's not just one strum per chord in a measure, which is ... something?

On Tuesday, I watered the garden, got some bass, piano and guitar in.   Bass is more frustrating as I am finding some mechanical roadblocks I need to push through.   Namely, my plucking fingers really don't like to alternate and when I am asked to move to a higher fret, my ring finger always wants to start (I am thinking because the finger is piano trained and tries to tell the brain 'higher notes to the right, so I play that string, yes yes?')   I also really don't like the way my fingers move across the string when I pluck.  Not sure if it's an issue, or just still not very familiar.    I'd almost like to pay for a single lesson with a live person to get them to look me over and stop any potential bad habits from forming.

Friend is back home from his most recent hospital visit and I am trying to support/encourage him the way my therapist and I talked about.  Which is mostly just reaching out to him via text / FB messenger and talking to him as if nothing was terribly amiss.  Grant some normalcy, even if it's for but a moment, or feigned until things improve.       The other friend who kept looping me into her worry, has come up with a nice idea of ordering him in some healthy, diet-restriction friendly meals so he has those at the ready at home.  I said I would chip in on that.

Despite feeling like things are trying to settle into smoother waters, I've felt a bit of remnant physical signs of stress.    That I have to cover my coworker starting tomorrow, and that I have the dreaded-but-very-common 'call back for extra mammogram pics' next week, is surely simmering under the surface for me.   I should make up one of those, "Dump your worries into a bin after giving them so many minutes to think about" strategies, lol.    

Hoping to get some art in today and then get some other things out there tidied up (like linking new credit card to things the old one was linked to) and then it's video games tonight with the boys.

Playing Video Game GIF by Lazy Corgi

• Like 3

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Your post made me think about a friend I hadn't contacted in a while. I just messaged her to check in and see how she was doing. She's having a pretty rough time right now. 

My Finch app really helps when I just need a mind dump where I won't bother anybody else with my ranting. Plus, cute bird dress up! Sometimes it helps to just get it out of your head and write it all out and let it go for now. However, I suffer from a bunch of invasive thoughts all the time, so I get that. 

Heroine of Time

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

Good Reads

On 6/27/2022 at 3:00 PM, starpuck said:

This week, I am going to really work on finding ways to make sure I am refueling.   I am going to be openly verbal about my boundaries, and when I need something for my best interests.    This is not to say I will be a selfish princess, but... those planes that refuel fighter jets in the sky?  Yeah.  They need their own fuel supply in order to that in the first place.   And that's what I need to make sure of.

I could definitely see you as one of those jets. You gotta fill your own tank to be able to fill anyone else's, and don't let anyone try to take your own fuel from you.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: New Beginnings

How is Week 2 over, and part of week 3 gone???

EXERCISE

🟦🟩🔲🟩🔲🟦🟦

FOOD

🟧🟧🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲

ARTSY STUFF

🔲🟪🔲🟪🔲🔲🟪  PIANO

🔲🟪🟪🟪🔲🔲🟪  BASS

🟪🟪🟪🔲🔲🟪🟪  GUITAR

🔲🟪🔲🔲🟪🟪🔲  SKETCH/DOODLE

It's the evening of the 4th and I am home and chilling.   I spent a lovely weekend out and about, and today TheBoy™ and I decided to stay in, binge watch the last 18 episodes of Fruits Basket (finishing the 3rd and Final Season) and eating Chinese take out.   Last night was a perfect night weather wise, so we sat on the deck till 11pm listening to music with a couple of beers and my sister joining us.  Prior to that it was a pretty okay week.   Food continues to be a sore point for me.   Any out of routine occurrences just straight up throw me off my game.    I want to get back to a better ratio of focused and indulgence.       Because it was a bit of a play by ear week, I didn't get all my music in, but I only missed 1 piano really, and I continued to have more art time.   Next thing I need to do is get back to my digital tablet.  Especially now that @Jarric pulled the trigger on the same one.  We can learn stuff at the same time and shoot helpful tips back and forth!

Since Monday was a holiday, it throws off the start of week 3 for me too now.  Basically.  I DID NOTHING TO DAY!  LOL   I am going to count it a free day, and just tell myself I can lower all my goal #'s by 1 this week.  If I hit 3's on everything, still good.   It is, after all, a tough week for me.    Still covering for coworker all week, and now another CSR texted me today saying she's out for the morning.   Wed night therapist this week.  Then I have to get up extra early on Thursday for the extra images for the doc.  (trying to not stress)  And then the much loved Vampire game might be canceled on Thursday if the DM is still busy.   (I left ransom notes all over his house for when he gets home tonight. LOL)   All I can do is go day by day after all.

Alright, here are the sketches I did this week.  Allll of them are characters from the vampire game.

Spoiler

Chibi version of Asher and Jules.  (No romantic interest.  Just two teens turned vampire and needing a friend that found each other.)

a6YaNE6.jpg

Jacques Renoit - Toreador.  French.  Total Hoity Toity if you ask Jules/Ash.

(Player based himself after Poirot.)

TWT4vMF.jpg

Aaron DeChavilier - successful business woman and Ventrue.

bHMc0Uw.jpg?1

Jules and her mentor, "Saint" while he was trying to calm her out of one of her rages.

(Brujah clan weakness is being prone to frenzy.)

w0bRgir.jpg?1

• Like 4

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

On 6/27/2022 at 8:00 PM, starpuck said:

You, Puck, are a very smart person. It's not easy to recognise this, so good on you for being aware of it.

If you want somewhere else to vent, drop me a line.

9 hours ago, starpuck said:

Especially now that @Jarric pulled the trigger on the same one.  We can learn stuff at the same time and shoot helpful tips back and forth!

I would like this, because I'm not going to have a clue what I'm doing when this thing arrives :lol:

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 12  -  CON: 10  -  CHA: 3  -  SAN: 7  -  INT: 11

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Bringing the party together

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Spoiler

EXERCISE

🔲🟩🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲

FOOD

🔲🟧🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲

ARTSY STUFF

🔲🟪🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲  PIANO

🔲🟪🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲  BASS

🔲🟪🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲  GUITAR

🔲🟪🟪🔲🔲🔲🔲  SKETCH/DOODLE

Updating for Wed tracking purposes.   Very busy day today, so I don't expect to get any dots filled in.  That's fine.    I have my plates full and it isn't going to hurt me to not add extra to-do's on today's list.      My brother went into the ER and was admitted for chest pains last night.   He has pericarditis and they are trying to get the pain and inflammation down before they release him.   Thankfully nothing worse than that, and now that they know - they can treat and monitor him while he recovers from the flare.    So it's straight home, a fast dinner, out to therapist, back home for games minus the nephew who is visiting his dad, then early sleep and tomorrow morning is my follow up mammogram.   One step at a time Puck.   Don't plot courses for ships that aren't even in the water yet!  Right?  RIGHT!

Tomorrow I will try and get some cardio or strength in at lunch, and a quick guitar / bass after dinner and before the Vampire game that is HOPEFULLY still on for tomorrow.     If not, I can get lots of music and art in.

7743f80bb3c9446b55611a9feaf4f88d.gif

• Like 2

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

On 7/4/2022 at 9:37 PM, starpuck said:

Since Monday was a holiday, it throws off the start of week 3 for me too now.  

Man, my whole week has been thrown off too. I feel this. 

17 hours ago, starpuck said:

My brother went into the ER and was admitted for chest pains last night.   He has pericarditis and they are trying to get the pain and inflammation down before they release him.   Thankfully nothing worse than that, and now that they know - they can treat and monitor him while he recovers from the flare.   

Oh man... I'm glad it's not something worse. That is really scary. I hope he recovers quickly!

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

Quickie update for now.  

Work super busy.  Hanging in there with super worker bee mojo.

Brother will be in hospital until at least Friday- they want to make sure the antibiotics they have him on, in case the pericarditis was caused by infection, is working.

My follow up this morning, resulted in, "Benign cysts, follow up in 6 months to be proactive about keeping tabs on things."   

Good news all around.   Not even going to do the 'good news but...'   it's good news.   There is nothing immediately critical or super worrisome for either of us, so I am going to trust in the care we received and let go until the next page comes.

We ARE playing Vampire the Masquerade tonight, so I am super psyched!

Going to do a run today as rain is forecast tomorrow.   Don't love cloudy runs, but I need some heart pumping, lung flexing.

A quick round of bass and/or guitar once home then game night.

• Like 4

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Oh man, I did really bad keeping up on forums again guys!

I am not even going to promise to get better right now... I have 2 weeks till my trip.   (First big big trip in 3 years and first flying trip in 4-5.)   Then I'll be on vacation for 10 days, so I think once I am back I will refocus, AGAIN, on the forums. :)   But I will give a catch up here now while I am actively typing.

My brother is ok.   They have everything under control and he's back home and to work and sounding like his usual goofy self. ❤️ :) 

I've been doing pretty well all around.  More so today as I think back and reflect that really, things are good right now.  Even when I nitpick reasons for them to seem not as grand as 'the old days'.   I mean, today will be tomorrow's 'old days'.    And that's just the thing--- you never realize you are making those 'good ole days' memories in the moment.   They just are moments.  And it's not until they age a bit, like fine wine, do you realize how special they were.

Lately, I've added a lot more consistency to art in the mix.   Piano hasn't been practiced as much but guitar and bass have kept up.   And while I might not be getting 4x this, 3x that, etc etc, I am very happy that none of the things have been left at the dock while the boat rushes off.   Everything is still along for the ride.  This is good.

I also grabbed a few music clips and am about to reveal first ever "progress" videos on guitar and bass.   I need to find a better way to record.  I have a nice set up with webcam and a good mic for gaming, maybe I need to use that.   Just, the ease of snagging clips on a phone is sooooooo convenient.   So, some art and music bits below!

The digital versions of two of the earlier sketches.

Aaron DeChavalier - Ventrue Businesswoman for the Vampire the Masquerade game.

Jacques Renoit - Toreador investigator, the dude is loaded and drives a Rolls Royce.

My vampire - Jules Sheperd - a young recently embraced Brujah grunge rocker girl.  

This is an action shot - because, the last game we played (followed by a brutal 2 week break due to scheduling, and yet to be returned to) involved her triggering a trap that doused her with fire! 

I ended up rolling a botch (critical failure) on her courage check and the poor girl is in absolute fear frenzy and is about to mad dash her way out of the situation by any means possible.

And music stuff, first clip is guitar work.  Song is "Made to Love You" by Lanco ... it's apparently country and I am not a huge country fan, but it was such a joy to play this on the guitar.

And this is a riff that was taught by Josh Fossgreen at BassBuzz which is the course I opted to buy.  He calls this one a tongue twister for the fingers, and I can only really play it decently at medium speed. :)

• Like 1

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler