Cheetah works on consistency

On 7/6/2022 at 7:41 AM, Cheetah said:

anniversary vacation

Congrats! 

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Happy anniversary and I hope you have a lovely time!

Level 79 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Heading back to real life.  It's been a lovely holiday.  Today is our actual anniversary day.  18 years.

• Like 5

Level 46 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

On Monday I did bench presses.  It felt really heavy so I backed the weight off quite a bit.  I got 5 hard sets done, which is the point so I feel good about the workout.

Food also was really good Monday. 

• Like 2

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

KBO. - Churchill

On Tuesday I did deadlifts and curls.  Deadlifts felt good and I'm going to try hard to stop fiddling around with it and start pushing the weight up.

Food was good again yesterday.

I'm tweaking my programming slightly.  I had been focused on benchpress and deadlift, but I'm wanting to work on OHP a little more, and now I'm squatting again too.  So here's the new plan.

- Lift 5-6 days per week, short sessions of 1 main lift each day

- Days will alternate between upper/lower body

- Upper body days will alternate benchpress/OPH

- Lower body days will alternate Deadlift/squat

- I'll throw in curls every other day because biceps are importanter.

So this week is

M - bench

T - DL

W - OHP

Th - Squat

Fri - bench

Sat - dL

Next week will be

M - OHP

T - squat

w - bench

th - dl

Fri - OHP

Sat - squat

Rinse and repeat.  Any day that I can't lift I'll just do the next thing the next time I can.  Planning on short sessions works best for me.  A lot of days I can go home at lunch and bang out a lift.  On days I can't do that, it's pretty easy to squeeze in a 15-20 min session just doing 1 lift.  By doing it this way, I shouldn't miss very many sessions, except for things like camping trips and such.

• Like 3

KBO. - Churchill

• Cheetah changed the title to Cheetah works on consistency

Wednesday I did OPH.  I went up to 115# which felt pretty good but my 4th set was kind of unstable, so I stopped there instead of doing 5.  Food was okay.

My son has come down with covid.  His fever has already come and gone, and he's feeling better although we're trying to keep him mostly to his room and he's already tired of that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

KBO. - Churchill

Thursday food was okay but not great.  But it was okay.  Also I did squats.  3x8@145#.  My legs are still a little shaky today.  I think I'm going to have to go up in weight very slowly, maybe every second or third workout.  But really I'm just going by feel.  I'm also thinking about trying to get some video so I can get a form check here.  I could tell a couple of them last night weren't right, but I'm not sure on the rest.

The boy is doing fine.  He's feeling much better, and is looking forward to rejoining society once his isolation time is up.

• Like 2

KBO. - Churchill

I had a pretty good weekend.  I didn't get any exercise in, and food wasn't great.  But I went Saturday and spent some time with family.  I also drove out to my old home town, showed my daughter around the place (which took about 15 minutes; it's a very small town) and met up with my best friend from high school.  I hadn't seen or spoken to him in years, and it was really good to catch up a little bit.  I think we'll stay in touch a little more now, which is nice.

This week should be a good week.   I have kind of a big thing going on.  The short short version is my spiritual God stuff has taken a big turn for the better, and I'm enjoying that quite a bit.  Feel free to not read the rest of this; that's basically all it says.

So here's the deal.  I'm a Christian person, but in the nice way, not in the mean way.  But I've always had these kind of nagging doubts in the back of my mind concerning my experience with God as I go through life.  The way that a lot of people talk and write about it, has lead me to believe that there's something I should be experiencing, which I am not.  Things like feeling a settled peace concerning eternal salvation, and being able to break free of long-standing unrighteous habits, and being disciplined in spiritual habits like regular prayer and scripture study.  I'm kind of bad at all of that stuff, and I've never really gotten in a good place with it.  There have been brief times through the years when someone has said something or I've read something that kind of made me feel better about it for a little while, but the old doubt and discouragement always creeps back in, and then I'm right back where I started.  I have felt like I've been basically stagnant and a little hopeless, for something like twenty years of life as a Christian.

Last week, I heard about a couple of writers from the late 1800s who were active in the early Holiness movement in the US, who had a very similar experience, and eventually overcame it, and then wrote about that process.  So I got a hold of one of the books.  I'm something like 10 chapters in, and it's a completely different way of looking at things.  The author is explaining in detail and in very practical terms the mental struggles with doubt and discouragement, and how to overcome them.  It's pretty cool.  I'm kind of surprised that I haven't heard of the book before, or even of any of the principles that the author is explaining.  In some ways, it's kind of the opposite of what I've heard from a lot of modern preaching.  Anyway, I wish someone would have handed me a copy of it twenty years ago, and I'm deeply grateful to have it now, because I think it's going to change everything, and I think it's already started heading that way.

Oh, the book is "The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life" by Hannah Whitall Smith.  I guess I should throw in a disclaimer, in case you're thinking of reading the book - Mrs Smith lived and wrote in the late 1800s, and she was a product of her times.  Some of her illustrations and examples include references to slavery that may be offensive to the modern ear.  She was a Quaker and an abolitionist, so she doesn't promote or defend slavery, but some of her depictions carry the stereotypes that were common at that time.

So that's what's up.  It's pretty cool.

• Like 4

KBO. - Churchill

On Monday, food was pretty good.  I got bench presses in, a little bit better than last time.

• Like 1

KBO. - Churchill

On Tuesday, food was okay.  I did deadlifts and curls.  Everything seems to be going pretty well.

• Like 2

KBO. - Churchill

12 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Everything seems to be going pretty well.

Good to hear.  I'm glad the new lifting routine is going well and that you found a book that speaks to your heart.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Wednesday was a train wreck.  I ate way too much food and didn't exercise.  Some days are like that.

• Like 3

KBO. - Churchill