Sovalis Leans In

Hi Everyone!

I'm excited to be starting this next challenge. I think I learned a fair amount about myself over the past six weeks and I'm looking forward to seeing what I learn this time. 

Things I'm going to bring forward from last challenge:

1) Walking 5,000 steps or more a day

2) Writing 3 pages a day, reading a bit each day.

3) Not weighing or measuring myself for the duration of the challenge in an effort to be more focused on the process rather than the results. 

Things I'm going to add daily: 

1) Eat breakfast and lunch. Only one of these can be protein powder based, the other must be real food. Real food for both is a double win. 

2) Doing a set of something on the Bowflex to build my confidence using the machine. 

3) Restricting my sugar intake to one item a day (in my oatmeal or as a dessert, but not both). This one isn't super hard for me so I might change this goal if it's not pushing me enough. 

I want shiny gold stars this time around, so I'll be using the star sticker to reward myself for meeting my goals. Ideally I'll update here every day or every second day. 

Looking forward to learning more this round and cheering everyone on! Snuggly Sax for tax. 

20220618_082820.jpg

• Like 8

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, Harriet said:

Hi! What kind of stuff are you reading and writing?

Hi Harriet! Last challenge I read a few different self help books on compulsive eating, creativity, and habit building. In the down week I read Grit by Angela Duckworth and it was excellent. I write three pages a day of stream of consciousness writing, sometimes reflecting on the day, sometimes on what I'm reading. It's a sieve that helps me filter thoughts. Lately I've been brainstorming how I want to approach this challenge during my pages. 

Today's stars:

Breakfast

Lunch 

Pages

Steps

Bowflex

Limit Sugar

We drove into Edmonton today to pick up a friend from the airport who is staying with us for three weeks. We made brief stops at the bookstore and the Lindt chocolate store where I picked out literary and edible goodies. I have committed to having only one of my chocolates a day as my sweet thing. Because I'd had a sweet breakfast (apple fritter, a treat from Dave) I turned down the free chocolate the cashier was offering. It was empowering to say no thank you. The bag is sitting on the kitchen table right now and I'm okay with it being there and not out of sight because I don't feel I'm out of control with it. This is interesting and something I should write about in my journal. 

We visited with my parents for a bit which was nice but also kind of boring. Mum isn't feeling well and that meant no going out for a meal or playing a game or anything. So mostly we watched golf and talked a bit. It was good to get to see Dad for Father's Day though. 💜

After seeing Parents we went to a Popeye's Supplement store so Steph could see if there was anything she wanted. Then to Five Guys for my favourite burger ever (lettuce wrapped cheeseburger). I missed lunch in our wandering but wasn't starving by time we ate so made sure to eat slowly and really enjoy the experience. I had some fries but not as many as I normally have. That feels like a win for me, fries are my Kryptonite. 

Then we drove the two hours home. Sax was excited to see Steph again (she moved away last year after being our neighbour for five years) so that reunion was nice. Now we are just winding down before bed. I have some nerves about how the next three weeks will go, but I'm sure I'll talk about it as it comes up. Today wasn't a great start to the challenge but I'll pick up stronger tomorrow. 

Hope you're all off to strong starts! 🥳

• Like 4

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hello fellow Canadian and fellow person-who-has-cause-to- read-books-about-compulsive-eating. I'm also a huge fan of writing as a means of filtering/understanding my own thought process.

Following with interest. Good luck on your goals!

• Like 1

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21

Forum avatar is custom art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi

13 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Hi Harriet! Last challenge I read a few different self help books on compulsive eating, creativity, and habit building.

Ah, interesting. I have read a few things in those areas, too.

13 hours ago, Sovalis said:

In the down week I read Grit by Angela Duckworth and it was excellent. I write three pages a day of stream of consciousness writing, sometimes reflecting on the day, sometimes on what I'm reading. It's a sieve that helps me filter thoughts. Lately I've been brainstorming how I want to approach this challenge during my pages.

This sounds like it could be very useful.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

On 6/19/2022 at 11:27 AM, Harriet said:

Today's stars:

Breakfast

Lunch

Pages

Steps

Bowflex

Limit Sugar

I really pushed myself to walk today knowing I wouldn't be walking to and from work because it was my late shift. I took myself to the track inside the local arena (very close to my house) and did laps until I hit my 5000 steps then walked home. It was good to get some space from my houseguest and Dave who was home sick today. 

I made a chicken udon meal kit for lunch and had my veggie box for supper. I wasn't hungry after supper but I definitely wanted sweets. I didn't have any until I got home from work, and even then had only my one chocolate like I committed to myself I would. It was a wild berry and yogurt filled one and it was worth the wait. I am paying attention to the way I talk about my discipline with myself; I certainly have enough to be successful with other things I've done like weightlifting and keto, so saying I don't have enough to resist eating all the chocolate doesn't hold water. This feels foreign though and I can't quite pin why. I'm sure it'll come. 

I'm off to sleep. I hope you all had good days! 💜

FB_IMG_1654874547842.jpg

• Like 4

Excellent selection of boardgames there. Oh, and cute doggo obv :D

Great work on the holding off for the chocolate and then enjoying it lots! Definitely doable to not overeat if you make yourself wait to enjoy it :) 

• Like 1

Level 37 Rogue Ranger, 2024 ROADMAP

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Tuesday stars:

Breakfast

Lunch

Pages 

Steps

Bowflex 

Limit sugar

Tuesday was a bit of a wild ride. Probably all that Solstice energy. I signed a salary contract with work so there will be no more back and forth about my hours. That's a relief and makes budgeting more reliable because I know what I'll be getting paid. We dropped the shop hours a bit so I have four flex hours for doing out of shop stuff. Four hours is honestly too much, but they're set on it, so okay. 

Having Steph here is proving to be more cognitive load than I was expecting. There is a slight but constant pressure to be more active and entertaining than I normally am. She stays very busy during a day and asks so many questions. I'm trying to be patient with the questions but it's a bit of a challenge. I'm trying to remember that she doesn't know my routine or anything so they might calm down once she's been here for a few more days. 

I haven't read anything in a few days because of spending time with her, but I made sure I did my writing today. Need to find another learning book to tie into. I have some new fiction to start, and Dave bought me a fun worldbuilding journal to start writing in. 

Wednesday stars (so far):

Breakfast

Lunch

Pages

Steps (in progress)

Bowflex (not yet)

Limit sugar (so far so good)

I'm having nachos with a friend tonight so it won't be a great night food wise, but I have my veggie lunch to eat before so I'm getting those in. 

Hope you're all well! 💜 Pic of the new dice I got from my subscription last night. I really like them. 

20220621_223843.jpg

• Like 6

Nice dice! And congrats on the contract.

What kind of learning books are you looking for/interested in? I read a lot about the neuroscience of learning and related subjects so I either might have a recommendation or might want to steal whatever good ideas you have.

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21

On 6/22/2022 at 1:58 PM, Sovalis said:

Tuesday stars:

Breakfast

Lunch

Pages 

Steps

Bowflex 

Limit sugar

I love your gold stars. That's pretty rewarding. Do you plan to tally at the end and contemplate what you focused on throughout?

We dropped the shop hours a bit so I have four flex hours for doing out of shop stuff. Four hours is honestly too much, but they're set on it, so okay. 

Trying to figure out what that means. Like, you can go somewhere representing the shop and be paid for shopping products or displaying at a convention?

Having Steph here is proving to be more cognitive load than I was expecting. There is a slight but constant pressure to be more active and entertaining than I normally am. She stays very busy during a day and asks so many questions. I'm trying to be patient with the questions but it's a bit of a challenge. I'm trying to remember that she doesn't know my routine or anything so they might calm down once she's been here for a few more days. 

Mood - hope you find it rewarding despite it being challenging. :)

I haven't read anything in a few days because of spending time with her, but I made sure I did my writing today. Need to find another learning book to tie into. I have some new fiction to start, and Dave bought me a fun worldbuilding journal to start writing in. 

Ooh! Neat journals! I've kept a diary in varying degree of success throughout my life, but I really like The Hero's Journal. I've considered the Burn After Writing journal just to have somewhere to contemplate and rage, but I don't know that I'd want to burn it, so I'd be going against its intended purpose. How's your world-building one?

Hope you're all well! 💜 Pic of the new dice I got from my subscription last night. I really like them. 

20220621_223843.jpg

Love the pretty dice!! So sparkly!!

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

On 6/22/2022 at 12:58 PM, Sovalis said:

I do too, those are gorgeous! (And they ship to the US... even better!)

How is the challenge going? And how is everything else going? It's been a hard week.

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49

Following!

Excellent progress on being able to leave chocolate out and not feel tempted. I can only do that on good days. I keep the chocolate in the pantry so that I have to make an active decision to go get some. I still do a lot of emotional eating, but at least it is not unconscious.

Nice that you can go for a walk to take a break from your guest.

Level 75  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

On 6/29/2022 at 12:00 AM, Scaly Freak said:

How is the challenge going? And how is everything else going? It's been a hard week.

Hi Scaly Freak! 

It really has been a hard week. The news out of the US is so demoralizing and I've been trying to process. For a wonder I'm not feeling the need to eat my feelings about it, which is a minor miracle, but it's kept me off the forums and away from my writing and Bowflex a few days lately. I really could be doing better with those two goals. My eating and walking are on point though, so that's something. 

On 6/29/2022 at 8:09 AM, Mistr said:

Following!

Excellent progress on being able to leave chocolate out and not feel tempted. I can only do that on good days. I keep the chocolate in the pantry so that I have to make an active decision to go get some. I still do a lot of emotional eating, but at least it is not unconscious.

Nice that you can go for a walk to take a break from your guest.

Hi Mistr! 

I had to put the chocolate in the pantry yesterday because it was getting too tempting to have it out, but it was out for about a week, maybe a bit more, before I felt that need? And considering what a week it has been, that's mind blowing for me. Past me would have mown that down like tall grass! I used to do a lot of emotional eating, but some of the reading I did last challenge really helped me reframe those habits in my head and I haven't done it since. Here's hoping that lasts! How's your challenge going? 

On 6/26/2022 at 10:31 AM, Elastigirl said:

Congrats on the salary contract!

Thank you, Elastigirl! 

It hasn't solved all of my problems but it's a big help! 

So a long overdue update: 

This has been a hard week. News out of the US has really thrown me for a loop and there's a lot of political and financial manouvering in Canada that's concerning me as well.

Money talk (unrelated to challenge but at the front of my mind, skip if so desired!): Prices are going up here and Dave and I aren't making the progress paying off our bananas credit card debt the way we should be now that I'm working. This has been heavily on my mind with the way that my boss has been about my hours/the salary contract lately. I put my big kid pants on and called the bank to see if I could get a line of credit at a lower interest rate than my credit card with the intention of using it to pay down that card and then pay off the line of credit. Happily they said yes! So I have an appointment to sign all the paperwork for that on July 18 when my banker will be back from holidays. If Dave and I can be responsible, the balance owing (after transferring the max to the line of credit) will be paid off in ~10 months while we continue to make the appropriate payments to maintain the line of credit as well. The line of credit is a full 10% less interest than my credit card, so this will do us a huge service while we get this under control. Then we can pay off the line of credit. I estimate we will be at that for ~2 years, but we've already been trying for five so that much longer with a clear plan doesn't seem impossible. Just ridiculous. Friends, you probably already know this, but don't get in over your heads. It's a mess if you do. I don't regret my debt, it got me through my divorce and grad school, but yikes, interest is a beast. 

Anyway, I don't know which days I got all my gold stars for, but I've been great about my eating, good about my walking, moderate about my writing, and bad about my Bowflex. I'm really struggling with the houseguest and trying to organize my day around my new work hours. We open an hour later, but I have to be here at the same time, so I'm basically sitting in an empty store for an hour with nothing to do which is affecting my motivation and making me feel like a sloth. I think once Steph goes home (on the 10th) I might start doing yoga or a bodyweight workout at the store for that hour? Something is better than nothing, right? 

I'm going to try to be better about checking in here. I didn't expect to fall away so quickly but it's been a weird one. 

Hope you're all as well as you can be. Thank you for being here. 💜

Sax for tax! 

FB_IMG_1656596509439.jpg

• Like 7

On 6/26/2022 at 7:53 AM, MaeradCase said:

I love your gold stars. That's pretty rewarding. Do you plan to tally at the end and contemplate what you focused on throughout?

Hi MaeradCase! I was intending to, but I've been very inconsistent with it so far! 😬😀

Trying to figure out what that means. Like, you can go somewhere representing the shop and be paid for shopping products or displaying at a convention?

Mostly it's for local things like going to the bank to do my deposit, postoffice, etc. I really only need an hour a week to do all of those things, so four hours is definitely overkill. We are not in a large enough centre to do anything super cool. 😅

Mood - hope you find it rewarding despite it being challenging. :)

Oh yes, it's been a good visit, just a long one. 

Ooh! Neat journals! I've kept a diary in varying degree of success throughout my life, but I really like The Hero's Journal. I've considered the Burn After Writing journal just to have somewhere to contemplate and rage, but I don't know that I'd want to burn it, so I'd be going against its intended purpose. How's your world-building one?

I love worldbuilding so much. It's a fun thing and I can spend a lot of time on it. The pages almost need to be bigger! The Hero's Journal seems really cool! 

Love the pretty dice!! So sparkly!!

Right? Shiny! 

maui youre welcome GIF

Thanks for checking on me. Hope you're well! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sovalis said:

Hi MaeradCase! I was intending to, but I've been very inconsistent with it so far! 😬😀

To be honest, I've rigged my challenges twice now in that one challenge is the exercise habit I'm establishing, and another is keeping track of my success rates. Originally that was by reporting in to my accountability partner (for 3 weeks at least...) and reporting in my journal, but now it's keeping track of my counts so I can slowly improve (and also telling my new accountability partner since they actually ask how I did... 😅).

Anyway, just saying I tricked myself into accomplishing twice as much by doing the one thing I want myself to do. 😅

Mostly it's for local things like going to the bank to do my deposit, postoffice, etc.

Aaahhh... That makes sense. X)

We are not in a large enough centre to do anything super cool. 😅

Darn! Still, I bet the librarians at the local library might be cool with creating an event. 😍 Libraries are cool like that. I went to a small convention at a library, that was like a miniature comic-con. My dream would be to go to an actual Comic-con. Especially if Critical Role cast members would be there. 😍😍😍

I love worldbuilding so much. It's a fun thing and I can spend a lot of time on it. The pages almost need to be bigger! The Hero's Journal seems really cool! 

I like it - it's a neat book. I haven't been very consistent with it, but I did enjoy stepping back into it to resume my quest. I've always been an off-and-on journaler, so having a book encourage me to contemplate my heroic adventurous progress over the span of time for which I've been writing allows for introspection and growth that I like writing down for future consideration.

Thanks for checking on me. Hope you're well! 

Doing pretty good! I'm glad I found your posts last challenge so I could know I'd find people like me here. 😃 Still cheering you on for collecting all the shiny gold stars this challenge. 🌟😎

-Maerad

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

An epic hat-tip for the bank manoeuvre - cutting down that interest is super smart and will save you a bunch of money. Debt can be really tricky, and I've seen it ruin one or two people, but I think your attitude about it is fantastic. So many people get trapped in paralyzing regret that helps nobody. And I'm glad the money helped you get through a demanding period of your life.

I hear you on the impact of the U.S. news (I'd be lying if I said that the current trend of things down south wasn't a part of why I wanted to come back here in the first place), and the whole loudmouth bigoted truck convoy movement has me all too conscious that Canada is not immune. The tenor of our politics right now is a lot different from when I left in 2008.

Mad fist bumps for the diet and exercise success (especially in curtailing your emotional eating), and that is a majestic and adorable dog. Extra props for D&D, the Oatmeal, and the adult colouring book (I have the same one!)

• Like 2

Following! Great job with your challenge so far - having friends over is fun, but can be disruptive especially when you still have to work and stay on top of day-to-day things throughout their visit. 

The US news is appalling, and it's understandable that it's been disruptive. Not reverting back to your usual coping strategies is a huge personal win, though.

On 6/30/2022 at 11:50 PM, Sovalis said:

I'm really struggling with the houseguest and trying to organize my day around my new work hours. We open an hour later, but I have to be here at the same time, so I'm basically sitting in an empty store for an hour with nothing to do which is affecting my motivation and making me feel like a sloth. I think once Steph goes home (on the 10th) I might start doing yoga or a bodyweight workout at the store for that hour? Something is better than nothing, right? 

Bodyweight strength training and mobility definitely count and are very beneficial! If your boss is going to give you a silly schedule, you might as well take advantage of it.

• Like 2

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12  

On 6/30/2022 at 9:36 PM, Severine said:

An epic hat-tip for the bank manoeuvre - cutting down that interest is super smart and will save you a bunch of money. Debt can be really tricky, and I've seen it ruin one or two people, but I think your attitude about it is fantastic. So many people get trapped in paralyzing regret that helps nobody. And I'm glad the money helped you get through a demanding period of your life.

Thanks, Severine. Regret doesn't help, it just steals energy and attention from the now. Need to stay focused. 💪I really hope we can be disciplined about following this plan! 

I hear you on the impact of the U.S. news (I'd be lying if I said that the current trend of things down south wasn't a part of why I wanted to come back here in the first place), and the whole loudmouth bigoted truck convoy movement has me all too conscious that Canada is not immune. The tenor of our politics right now is a lot different from when I left in 2008.

Oh, word regarding the convoy. I couldn't being myself to have a flag or anything for Canada Day this year (not normally much of a thing for me anyway, to be fair) because I was worried people would misconstrue me as a convoyer. The Beaverton even did an article on it that made me laugh out loud. 

Mad fist bumps for the diet and exercise success (especially in curtailing your emotional eating), and that is a majestic and adorable dog. Extra props for D&D, the Oatmeal, and the adult colouring book (I have the same one!)

Thank you! I'm still not as on point as I want to be, but all continuity attempts are better than none! And hooray for shared (excellent) taste in books! 😁

On 6/30/2022 at 8:51 PM, MaeradCase said:

To be honest, I've rigged my challenges twice now in that one challenge is the exercise habit I'm establishing, and another is keeping track of my success rates. Originally that was by reporting in to my accountability partner (for 3 weeks at least...) and reporting in my journal, but now it's keeping track of my counts so I can slowly improve (and also telling my new accountability partner since they actually ask how I did... 😅).

Anyway, just saying I tricked myself into accomplishing twice as much by doing the one thing I want myself to do. 😅

This is super smart, Maerad. Way to go! 

Especially if Critical Role cast members would be there. 😍😍😍

Oh that would be cool. Who are your top three characters? 

Doing pretty good! I'm glad I found your posts last challenge so I could know I'd find people like me here. 😃 Still cheering you on for collecting all the shiny gold stars this challenge. 🌟😎

It's so good to connect with like minds. I'm glad we can cheer each other on! 

On 7/3/2022 at 10:35 AM, Alanna said:

Following! Great job with your challenge so far - having friends over is fun, but can be disruptive especially when you still have to work and stay on top of day-to-day things throughout their visit. 

Thanks, Alanna! The visit has been good, but long. I'm ready to be alone at work again, lol. 

The US news is appalling, and it's understandable that it's been disruptive. Not reverting back to your usual coping strategies is a huge personal win, though.

I'm honestly surprised by the win, but I'm not going to question it. I really want these changes to stick! 

Bodyweight strength training and mobility definitely count and are very beneficial! If your boss is going to give you a silly schedule, you might as well take advantage of it.

That's the plan. As you say, might as well! 

Update: 

The weather continues to be mercurial. We have had more rain in the last few weeks than we did the entirety of last summer. I'm walking to and from work when I can, but I'm only hitting my 5000 steps a day ~four days a week right now. I would like to do better. I wish I had a treadmill for times like these. Not a financial priority at the moment, though. 

I'm eating well for the most part. Sunday was a write off because of the epic D&D game going away party for Eric (we played for 12 hours!) but even my "write off" was more restrained than gaming snack raids of the past. And I've been on plan every other meal except supper tonight. Dave wasn't home tonight and I was very tired, irritable, and lazy, so I ate a PBJ, a piece of cheese, two meat sticks, and four oatmeal raisin cookies. Not my finest hour and I felt very dissatisfied afterwards. I used to eat like that all the time. The last eight weeks really are shaping things differently...

I popped a rib out of place while walking to work yesterday morning. It's feeling a bit better now, but it has made things uncomfortable off and on the last two days. Hopefully it clears itself up as I can't really afford chiro or massage right now. 

I'm ready for bed, so I'll sign off for tonight. Hope you're all well! 💜

Sax for tax! He loves to lay under the table with his head on people's feet while we game. 20220703_140840.thumb.jpg.232721ea85b513cae2e360eee0c44620.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I popped a rib out of place while walking to work yesterday morning.

😯 I didn't even know that was a thing that could happen! Do you need to get it looked at? I hope it heals or realigns or whatnot ASAP!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Oh that would be cool. Who are your top three characters?

*screams in panicked indecisive goblin*

Well, I can say for sure Vax is my fave from VM because I love his dynamics with each individual of the group.

MN... I love the Chaos Crew. I especially like their tattoo day. Nott/Veth may be my favorite of the bunch, but I also like Caleb and their relationship ("He is my child." 😭).

BH, it's the EXU crew, but especially Dorian. X3 

It's so good to connect with like minds. I'm glad we can cheer each other on! 

🌟🌟🌟

I'm eating well for the most part. Sunday was a write off because of the epic D&D game going away party for Eric (we played for 12 hours!) but even my "write off" was more restrained than gaming snack raids of the past.

Oh my gosh! That sounds both amazing and exhausting! I want to do it, too! (Maybe after I recover from the sleep deprivation, so I can make it through, and then suffer sleep debt again. 😅)

I popped a rib out of place while walking to work yesterday morning. It's feeling a bit better now, but it has made things uncomfortable off and on the last two days. Hopefully it clears itself up as I can't really afford chiro or massage right now. 

Wish I had advice for you on that one. 😥

I'm ready for bed, so I'll sign off for tonight. Hope you're all well! 💜

G'night, and good morning!

Sax for tax! He loves to lay under the table with his head on people's feet while we game. 20220703_140840.thumb.jpg.232721ea85b513cae2e360eee0c44620.jpg

D'awwww, what a good boy. 😍

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I felt very dissatisfied afterwards. I used to eat like that all the time. The last eight weeks really are shaping things differently...

After I first started calorie counting, out of interest I added what I would have eaten on a standard day and it was quite the eye opener. I'm glad you've been able to notice such a difference in such a small timeframe :) 

Hope the rib pops itself back!

• Like 1

Level 37 Rogue Ranger, 2024 ROADMAP

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40