Jean nourrishes his self image

Let's say things are blurry right now and just keep my motivation up with that:

To be continued...

• Like 2

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

Blurry is okay and acceptable. Here for the remainder. :) 

• Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38

2 hours ago, Severine said:

Remember to update your current challenge link, as it took me to quite an old one  😊

Done. I'll mark that as a challenge goal and count it achieved. :)

More seriously, the things I need:

• taking time for myself, making that a deliberate endeavour with a very high priority. That means that time I don't take for myself and is not dedicated to resting and recovering is meant to be productive, no blaming the circumstances for not getting something done.
  • be efficient in my work. I'm finally getting the means to get what I have to do done, that means planning right and executing on the plan with a winner's mindset. I can do that.
  • choose what I want for my life. You know this habit of life of letting you dry in the desert for years and then sending you 10 different opportunities all at once because it's more fun that way? Well, the opportunities are here, time to choose my mark and be excellent in chasing it.
  • also that thing about excellence. I want to be more in shape physically, more balanced mentally, better groomed and a badass overall. Steps have to be taken in that direction (as always).

I think the theme of this challenge will be "be deliberate". I can lay down on my back for hours in the middle of the day if I want to, but it has to be deliberate because I have chosen that that is the thing I was going to do for that specific time. Doing that would help a lot in organizing my life (not that chaos isn't great and fun by itself but my way is organized chaos. I want to get a little bit better at that first part).

• Like 3

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

• Jean changed the title to Jean nourrishes his self image

You know what?

Screw the grand goals of exercising and duolinging and hiking and cooking and eating and sleeping and drinking water.

These will happen on the side, they're kind of part of my life, now, even if not with enough frequency or intensity.

This challenge is all about building a positive mindset. I am winning, my way is beautiful and I will let my light shine.

This will be mostly me posting music videos but other things aren't off the hook. Could be images, gifs, poetry, (de)motivational posters, motivational speeches, anything. And there will be no holding back.

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

On 6/21/2022 at 1:29 PM, Chesire said:

Here for the lack of grand goals

Thanks! That motivational brigade looks amazing, can I hire them to come at work?

Actually, scratch that. We're going from underwater perforated submarine to shining beacon team. There's no place for my scarcitiy mindset anymore, we are doing things grand, and spreading joy and motivation all around. We are the motivation team. :)

I'm registering a loss today, but yesterday was a win. Things are still too many and too hectic but they're moving in the right direction and I've chosen the battlefield I'm wanting to deal with. Moving forward and shining on.

• Like 5

I think we all can do with more of Yogi Berra in our life:

YogiBerraQuotes.jpg?itok=N0zqszKc

you-can-observe-a-lot-by-just-watching-d

yogi-berra-photo-quote-1.jpg

And, of course:

yogi-berra-20867.jpg

No doubt that one's a true quote. :D

• Like 3

This one is a must have for anybody who wants to win at life:

• Like 1

Alright, we're fighting and doing a good job of it, though, as usual, all the battlefields and their mothers have decided to jump on me at the same time. I am mentally drained but I'll use it as fuel to keep pushing further.

Time to stand up or give up.

• Like 4

Thanks and welcome on the positive mindset ship. We have left port already and there is no turning back.

On this boat, we are unstoppable.

giphy.gif

Hope you'll enjoy the trip.

• Like 2

Alright, signs point toward me being expected to take charge. I have been provided the means and I have energy. Now is a time to shine. There will be crawling through mud, a lot, but I should not be afraid of it, going through it decisively and without hesitation adds to me more than it takes.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Both of course, assembling a team for a Mud Day is still on the menu, though it's a distant happening for the time being. There's much more of the literal one on sight right now. :)

• Like 3

This one is silly but it's full of energy so I don't care (also, I wish I was able to dance like that):

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Just a quick reminder for my future self if he ever comes to read this again: when I concentrate on one thing and organize what the critical things that must be done for the other things going on are and at what time they must have been performed, and accept that everything that isn't critical is of no importance at all, that one thing almost becomes too easy.

Which leads me to think there's some sort of self sabotaging going on under the surface in my life but for the time being, I'll just rejoice in my successes and ability to move forward and keep the tackling of this part for another day.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

I think we're all a little bit of a self-saboteur from time to time. Recognizing it is key.

Here's my contribution to your fun/energetic music thread (❤️ Idris Elba):

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19

Forum avatar is original art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi. Used with permission!

Well, there are good news: we've hired a new team member to finally allow us to meet our targets. We have everything we need to move forward and the future is looking great.

However, that means that in the short term, we have to still keep our head above water while getting our new hire up to speed. I don't complain, this is very great, but we're going through the darkest hours of the night before the dawn breaks.

I need a plan. Goals are:

1) fulfill our bare minimum achievements so that we keep functioning at all times.

2) provide a positive experience for the new hire to keep them motivated going forward.

3) quickly turn around to working efficiently as a team to meet our targets and build trust.

It's going to get better with time but, for now, I need to be able to output double whammies. That means:

1) Discipline:

• go to bed in time, by 10:30 pm at worst.
  • don't ever leave work without having the next day planned and objectives layed out on a piece of paper. Take time at the end of the day to assess relative success, what potentially went wrong and why.
  • wake up early, at 5:30 am at worst.
  • eat at least two meals a day. No excuses, no free pass.

2) Maintain a healthy and sustainable mindset:

• take time for myself. Either go to the vineyard, for a hike or some jogging early morning. There needs to be at least 1-1.5h of productive mind emptying me time at the start of the day.

And that's it. I am going to stay focused, keep my eyes on the target and ace this.

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Congratulations on the new hire! Onboarding a new person is time consuming and it can be draining at times to have to put in all the extra work, but it is so worth it in the end

• Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38

On 7/10/2022 at 5:51 AM, Jean said:

Well, there are good news: we've hired a new team member to finally allow us to meet our targets. We have everything we need to move forward and the future is looking great.

However, that means that in the short term, we have to still keep our head above water while getting our new hire up to speed. I don't complain, this is very great, but we're going through the darkest hours of the night before the dawn breaks.

I need a plan. Goals are:

1) fulfill our bare minimum achievements so that we keep functioning at all times.

2) provide a positive experience for the new hire to keep them motivated going forward.

3) quickly turn around to working efficiently as a team to meet our targets and build trust.

It's going to get better with time but, for now, I need to be able to output double whammies. That means:

1) Discipline:

• go to bed in time, by 10:30 pm at worst.
  • don't ever leave work without having the next day planned and objectives layed out on a piece of paper. Take time at the end of the day to assess relative success, what potentially went wrong and why.
  • wake up early, at 5:30 am at worst.
  • eat at least two meals a day. No excuses, no free pass.

2) Maintain a healthy and sustainable mindset:

• take time for myself. Either go to the vineyard, for a hike or some jogging early morning. There needs to be at least 1-1.5h of productive mind emptying me time at the start of the day.

And that's it. I am going to stay focused, keep my eyes on the target and ace this.

Excellent news and a very impressive plan!

I start with my alarm set for 5:30am, but more often than not go to bed late and set my alarm for 6:00. As you note, going to bed on time is key. I have not been doing that. You are a good example for me.

• Like 2

Level 63  Viking paladin

My current challenge   Battle log 

On 7/14/2022 at 10:34 PM, Mistr said:

As you note, going to bed on time is key.

My own record is far from perfect. The important part, for me, is setting absolute priorities (getting to bed on time takes precedence over working) and genuinely trying to stick to them.

Simple and few is all I can manage, complexity, for me at least, is the enemy of efficiency.

• Like 2