Every Hour On The Hour

I think I may have mentioned this idea before, but I figured I'd offer it up in case anyone else wants to join me in it.

I want to do 20 reps (or 30sec) of a bodyweight exercise on the hour for every waking hour (more or less). So: set an egg timer as a reminder, and keep track with a basic BUJO or something.

refresh-repeat-refresh.gif.241b329f5d82674b96a93b25c1aabe2a.gif

15 sets/day - this is easy enough to do in a public bathroom, on the way to your car, getting up from a desk, etc. Encourages regular movement, marks the passage of time, adds 60min(ish) of NEAT/week, improves daytime alertness, might help with ROM and strength stuff, and I'm sure some other fun benefits. I'm aiming for 2500 total sets before reassessing, which takes us to the beginning of Dec, give or take.

Some ideas for bodyweight (or light banded) movements could include, but are not limited to: Bear Crawl, Liard Walk, other crawls, Turkish Get Up, Supermans, Mountain Climbers, Donkey Kick, Clam, Knee Circles, Push Ups, Band Pull-Aparts, No-Moneys, Reverse Plank, Glute Bridges, Reverse Lunge, Ass to Grass BW Squats, Lateral Lunge, Skater Hops, Dead Bugs, Bird Dogs, High Knees, Jump Squats, Skater Hops, Froggers, Burpees, Jumping Jacks

So, uh.... any takers?

• Like 2

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

I don't know if I will be able to participate but I will happily cheer you on. How is it going so far? :) 

• Like 1