Hi there, 

First of all, I just want to thank NF for a new phrase that I might be using often from now on:

"I am going to Zelda it" - inspired by this post about what we can learn from Zelda.

I've dabbled in some fitness previously, but this will be the start of a continuous fitness journey - building a system/lifestyle that will last for years - bit by bit.

35 year old mom of one who got so tired of being tired and demotivated ALL THE TIME. I want to have the mental and physical energy to take better care of myself and my family. I remember from my previous, short, forays into fitness that consistently working out does help with that. 

I struggle to stay motivated - always feels like I need someone to hold my hand and gently nudge me in the right direction. It honestly feels almost impossible to overcome - I don't want to *need* someone to help me do what needs to be done. I don't want to be in a place where, I easily give up just because I feel alone in my quest. Especially since I do have a few people in my life who support my desired fitness journey 100%. 

My somewhat contradictory feelings doesn't entirely help either - it would be lovely to have someone to work out with - but I don't particularly like interacting with people in the real world (nevermind joining a gym).

As much as I don't like interacting with people, the idea of CrossFit appeals to me - almost enough to want to leave the house for it.

So, despite my natural inclination to always want to go big, I think I want to start on a smaller scale. The Zelda concept (especially around leveling up and rewards) really appeal to me. 

I'm hoping to go on an epic journey with humble beginnings. I believe that as I exercise more,  I'll start achieving the mental and physical energy that I need to expand more - maybe even get over my aversion to joining a gym - which may or may not result into getting into powerlifting (Thanks so much GT,  I hate you already ;-))

A few more looooooong term goals?

1. Being able to do pull-ups - all the way up to 1-handed ones

2. Handstand pushups without any sort of wall assistance

This was going to be a short, introductory post - lol - failed a teeny bit at the short.

My next steps will be:

1. Sign up for NFP

2, Write up the starting point of my epic journey

3. Create a few quests and challenges to accompany them (Continuing the KB workout etc.)

And lastly, just to satisfy my desire to GO BIG,  maybe plan the RPG style portion of this journey. How I will level up and what the rewards will be. 

• Like 2

Looking forward to your journey! It has the makings of an epic tale

I’m not sure if it appeals to you but a new challenge is starting to :) there’s a How-To post if you have any questions or feel free to ask in the general chat. We are all pretty friendly over there.

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}