Greetings and Salutations

Hello! I am happy to be here. I stumbled upon Nerd Fitness many years ago but didn't get involved. I recently have been giving thought to how I prioritize my time and how I can build a framework for fitness/training, and the idea of 'leveling up' came to me and I remember this place existed. I found the forums and now I'm feeling like joining in on what you all have here may be just what I need. :) I will be gearing up for the next challenge here in July.

A little bit about me - I live in Montana and my motivation for training is primarily Hiking. I have lived here for almost 20 years but really only started hiking about 4 years ago. There are so many longer, tougher hikes that I want to accomplish! I am turning 40 this year. I have a husband and 2 daughters (currently 13 and 9). I work full time remotely in Data & Analytics.  My nerdy hobbies/likes are: Knitting, RPG games, Board Games, romance novels, native plant identification (and want to garden with native plants), trying to keep up with pop culture television. I probably have more interests but I figure I have plenty of time to talk about these things as I go.

Another thing about me - I choose not to 'diet' traditionally but follow more of an intuitive approach to eating and health. I do put consideration into what I eat and I do orient it towards a 'healthy' outcome. But. I am not interested in weight loss really.  I started with intuitive eating about 4 years ago, but my brain can get back to the 'must lose weight' habit it had for over 20 years so I generally avoid things that would make it worse. I won't weigh/measure/record my food. I don't weigh myself, but am willing to take measurements occassionally. I won't post before and after pics. I will still talk about what I eat, recipes I am trying, how to optimize getting food in my face between all my online meetings, etc.  I am motivated to prepare myself for 10+ mile hikes.

And after saying all that,  I can be pretty sure that others here are actively going down the traditional fitness path to include dieting, and I will cheer you on in ways that I am able. I will not start fights, argue, or make passive aggressive comments on your choices.  I believe that everyone gets to choose their own approach to life maintenance.

I am looking for friends! I don't know if I am good at this online community thing but I am going to try.

Thanks, Danoria (this is my usual go to RPG name, not my real name)

• Like 2

Welcome! There are others doing intuitive eating here, so you might be able to support and inspire each other. And there are other knitters, too 😊 I hope NF helps you make the plan you need!

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Welcome! I visited Montana for the first time last fall. It is such a pretty area. I bet it's got some great places to hike.  

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Thanks Elastigirl. Yeah I am a little bummed it took me so long to start. I found a women's group a few years back made up of mostly retired teachers and they were hiking all the time. I was happy to join them at least once a month. The group disbanded so it's been harder to find hiking buddies but I can still reach out to people I met through the group with questions about different trails which is super nice.

New challenge is starting up! I look forward to seeing your post. 

I’m currently trying to figure out the best way to control my eating without making it a big deal. I do need to lose weight is hard for me. I like  snacking too much. I admire that you seem to be very aware of what’s working for you and what to avoid

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}