Aquarii: The Bladesinger picks up an Axe...and Gets Hexed

No, not that kind of axe. This kind of axe:

image.png.3e8b131e912f76b7c577cb7e1dd25492.png

Goals to come. I just got done with a bunch of Econ homework and a case study for my business law course, so I am kinda brain dead. But I needed to get this thread started before I spent the whole challenge not starting my thread like I did last time (for any of you who perhaps some me lurking but noticed the absence of a thread, lol).

And no, my theme is not just an excuse to use that awesome pic, there will actually be guitars involved in this challenge because someone (being me) has been deprioritizing some things for way too long. And it is time to change that.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

Getting threads started can be one of the toughest parts sometimes I think! Can't wait to see your awesome guitar-including challenge once you get a chance to let your brain recover a bit 😄

• Like 1

Mom. Teacher. Language Enthusiast. Wood Elf :)

Current Challenge: KCAleece Tackles Her 37th Year

Alors je ne lui parlais ni de serpents boas, ni de forêts vierges, ni d'étoiles. Je me mettais à sa portée. Je lui parlais de bridge, de golf, de politique et de cravates. Et la grande personne était bien contente de connaître un homme aussi raisonnable.

On 7/30/2022 at 11:01 PM, Aquarii said:

No, not that kind of axe. This kind of axe:

image.png.3e8b131e912f76b7c577cb7e1dd25492.png

im here for this!

9129BC7A-7831-461B-9778-3F6B53F926D3.gif

• Like 2

[Level ??] Barbarian Slayer (Path of the Zealot Barbarian/Champion Fighter)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Vanquisher's Leathers, Gridle & War Shroud, Howling War Axe (rare), Adventurer's pack & alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

On 7/31/2022 at 2:37 PM, MaeradCase said:

Following to be one of the cheering fans at the edge of the metaphorical stage. :D

anthony-delanoix-15928.jpg.9b4e202edf3c3c6d635702c25787bff2.jpg

Aww, I have a fan!! Haha, thanks :) 

On 7/31/2022 at 8:08 PM, kcaleece said:

Getting threads started can be one of the toughest parts sometimes I think! Can't wait to see your awesome guitar-including challenge once you get a chance to let your brain recover a bit 😄

It really is one of the tougher starts. Clearly getting it started wasn't quite the initial push I was hoping for 😄

On 8/1/2022 at 11:15 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

im here for this!

9129BC7A-7831-461B-9778-3F6B53F926D3.gif

Good to see you back around the forums and fairly active here again!

--------------------

So, about that challenge...I don't want to be overly dramatic, but it apparently cursed me. I was doing just fine, minding my own business, and then I start the challenge and BAMN, everything goes nuts, lol. 

I created this two Saturdays ago, having every intention of putting something together the following Sunday. But then I had a headache that Sunday. All. Day. By the next day, the headache was gone, but I had not slept well and was quite tired. Last week was also finals week, so I start trying to cram in studying, since a good portion of my Sunday got wiped out. Tuesday rolls around fairly uneventful, but then Wednesday...

Wednesday, everything seems to be going well until around 11am, when I start feeling dizzy. At first I figure I just need to eat or something. Food, caffeine, fluids, and putting on my glasses, and I am still dizzy. So, I take the rest of the day off sick. After being dizzy for hours, I manage to take a nap and sleep most of it off, though when I woke up, I felt a bit sick. Aries came down with a head cold, so my best guess is that my body fought off the cold, and for some reason made me dizzy in the process (maybe sinus pressure or something?). 

Crisis seemed to be averted, until early Thursday morning, I wake up with a mild coughing fit, and happen to sneeze at the same time as a cough. Do not try this at home, folks. When it happened, I heart a popping sound in my up back, right in between my spine and scapula. At first I didn't feel anything aside from that, but as the day progressed it got worse. I don't know anything for certain, but I am pretty sure that popping/crunch sound was one of my ribs moving. I am HOPING the whatever moved is back in place and the pain now is just strained costal cartilage. I am going to play it by ear, but might get it checked out if it isn't improving. 

Thankfully, aside from the pain, the rest of the week was fairly uneventful. I finished my finals, caught up on chores, and got some grocery shopping done. Also just got my grades back today and passed my classes with flying colors :)

I finally got some mats down in my garage and started my home gym, and I got an AWESOME workout in on Tuesday, but I am now pretty much benched because of aforementioned injury 😣

On the guitars front, as I promised guitars, earlier this week I got Aries to help me put up some wall mounts for my guitars, so they are all now on stands or mounts. I also ordered and restrung four of the guitars, including a 12 string. So, now my fingers hurt, but the guitars look good and sound better. Now I just gotta start actually practicing/playing them again, lol.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

• Aquarii changed the title to Aquarii: The Bladesinger picks up an Axe...and Gets Hexed
15 hours ago, Aquarii said:

Crisis seemed to be averted, until early Thursday morning, I wake up with a mild coughing fit, and happen to sneeze at the same time as a cough. Do not try this at home, folks. When it happened, I heart a popping sound in my up back, right in between my spine and scapula. At first I didn't feel anything aside from that, but as the day progressed it got worse. I don't know anything for certain, but I am pretty sure that popping/crunch sound was one of my ribs moving. 

Ahh yes, the infamous sneeze-cough backbreaker.  Though nothing quite so awful as yours, I too have faced this beastie and lived to tell the tale.  😬

[Level ??] Barbarian Slayer (Path of the Zealot Barbarian/Champion Fighter)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Vanquisher's Leathers, Gridle & War Shroud, Howling War Axe (rare), Adventurer's pack & alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

On 8/8/2022 at 10:27 PM, MaeradCase said:

😲😳😫 Man, that's rough, but there's still a good amount of the challenge left, so I will continue cheering you on.  Hope your body agrees with you and your goals this week. 😅

Thank you for your well wishes! Unfortunately the injury was a lot worse than I thought, so the challenge has not exactly gone as planned 😕 

On 8/9/2022 at 10:44 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Ahh yes, the infamous sneeze-cough backbreaker.  Though nothing quite so awful as yours, I too have faced this beastie and lived to tell the tale.  😬

Who would have thought it could be so dangerous? lol.

-----------------

So, kinda dropped off this challenge. Ok, majorly dropped off, but I am back. What I thought was a healing issue turned out to be a worsening issue, as whatever was out of place in my back was bound and determined to not go back to where it was suppose to be. I was getting increasingly difficult to breathe without stabbing pain. Or walk without pain. Or exist without pain.

Finally got an x-ray of my shoulder and back. Apparently my spine is doing some curvy things it is not supposed to. Not to the severity you see in like scoliosis or something, but a similar curve thing, that is at least reversible. Because of the curve, it was not allowing my rib to return to its proper place, and is also crowding my left lung...fun times. I am about a week and a half into chiropractic work, but my treatment plan is supposed to be about 3 months 😵

So, for the past couple of weeks my schedule has pretty much been: grit teeth through work, go to chiropractor on treatment days (currently 3x a week), have dinner, lay on heating pad and watch Netflix trying to forget I can only take half-breaths.

Thankfully I am starting to see some improvements. My breathing is getting better, which means I can now add in more walking (I would get winded instantly before), and I can stand and sit without pain. I mostly just feel the pain when I take a deep breath, start exerting myself (requiring a lot more movement in my ribs), or if I have to lift something. I have been doing some mild stretching. Nothing too crazy because I don't want to over-stretch/strain things while also going through treatment. 

I had intended for guitar playing to be a bigger part of this challenge, but I am only just now reaching a point where I can start using my left side enough for that. 

Most of my goals for the rest of this challenge are: 

Gentle stretching 4-5x a week

Getting in some light movement/walking at least 4-5x a week

Sticking to my treatment plan

I am HOPING by sometime next challenge that maybe I can start doing some bodyweight stuff again, even if it is only lower body, but I gotta stick to getting better now if I want a shot at that. So no being dumb and trying to push myself even though I am itching to get back, now that the pain isn't AS bad, lol.

• Wow 1

In other, less painful news...

I have started my first D&D campaign!! We have only done two sessions so far, but I'm having a total blast with it. Makes me wonder why I didn't start years ago, haha.

Also, this week is the start of my next MBA semester. I am still in the foundational courses (required for those without a business undergrad degree), but so far I am enjoying it. It is Finance and Accounting this semester. I think I am going to enjoy finance, but I am still a bit on the fence about accounting. We shall see.

• Like 1