[auntdinosaur] Make it so.

Sneaking back in after a long (long) hiatus to try keeping up with a battle log before trying a challenge. Below is an attempt at visualizing my standing yoga flow, but it's really kind of a 'do what feels right' flow where I loop 1-10 until I can touch the floor comfortably, loop the Warrior poses if I want to challenge myself more, etc. 

1102176336_ScreenShot2022-08-16at21_38.jpg.dd41af7c732763fbfab6bde11aa8e514.jpg

• Like 1

current season: On your mark. Get set. BAKE!

battle log: Make it so.

Captain's Log: Aug 19

GMB Elements A-frame and Bear | 30 minutes

standing yoga flow | 10 minutes

🎶Still Alive playlist [Episode Prompto + Portal OST]

When I was still doing yoga regularly 5+ years ago, Wheel and Wild Thing were the most frustrating poses that I really wanted to do, but was never making any progress on. The '3-Point Bridge' in Elements is by far the most difficult and discouraging thing I'm doing right now, but here's hoping it helps with the other poses in the long run. (Assuming I stay in it for the long run.)

9 hours ago, auntdinosaur said:

The '3-Point Bridge' in Elements is by far the most difficult and discouraging thing I'm doing right now, but here's hoping it helps with the other poses in the long run. (Ass

They have that one in Intergral  Strength too. It's really tough!

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Captain's Log: Aug 22

GMB Elements Squat and Monkey | 30 minutes

standing yoga flow | 12 minutes

🎶 Sabaton*

The thing I like about GMB (and the entire reason I bought Elements) is that a lot of fitness and yoga programs focus on doing a pose/exercise and if you are having trouble with it, just do it more.  I originally found GMB while looking for help with a squat that focused more on working up to a better squat, rather than 'here is what it should look like, now do your bad squat until it somehow turns into a good squat.' 

It kind of reminds me of when I was teaching myself to knit and my preferred method was just to make little squares of different stitches, make a little square of stripes, make a little square of an intarsia star. But then there were people who could only learn by making an entire sweater and maybe (probably) the sweater is a mess, but then they make another, better sweater. They think making little squares is useless, I think making an entire sweater is frustrating and discouraging. I feel like some of the GMB moves are little knitting squares.

Anyway, here's my cat refusing to get off my yoga mat, which is only fair because I was using his cat tree for the Basic Squat Plus Prop.

Spoiler

PXL_20220407_200034558.png.293d36bd2d9939d00db61d47c9dca3fa.png

*So I've never listened to Viking metal in my entire life and am not typically a metal person, but I've always enjoyed having workout-specific music to really get into the mood. Last time (five years ago or so) it was dubstep. The video game soundtracks are also something I don't typically listen to while sitting around so I thought they would be fun. 

• Like 1

Captain's Log: Sept 12

GMB Elements Floating Table Top | 30 minutes

standing yoga flow | 10 minutes

🎶 FFXV Episode Prompto OST

I think the Floating Table Top Pull to Squat is impossible and designed specifically to discourage me. (Kidding but also I think maybe it's impossible and designed specifically to discourage me.)

• Like 1

Captain's Log: Sept 13

standing yoga flow | 8 minutes

Pilates 100

single-leg stretch x 50

double leg lift x 15

rollup x 5

candle stick dippers x 10

🎶 Viking Workout Vol 1 (Spotify)

I have a vague goal of using the Blogilates 100 Ab Challenge, but definitely not 100 each day any time soon. I was doing pilates while watching soccer earlier in the year and enjoyed it, so I think I want to work up to being able to do sets of 100 of a few of these during games. (I've added the single-leg stretch because I like them and have a high school PE-related hatred of the criss-cross.)

114819202_ScreenShot2022-08-19at15_55.png.b1e079758c54284c1267db1a6d38eb37.png