flea : ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

fleaball

10 hours ago, fleaball said:

Two people have claimed Facebook things and then disappeared

Hate when that happens, I had one lady a few weeks ago that kept postponing (flat, car issues, etc.) and wanting us to hold it, finally gave up and gave the item to another couple. If it helps, if they wanted it that bad they would show up for it.

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Who Knew Demons Wrestle Back?

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 75

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

14 minutes ago, RES said:

Hate when that happens, I had one lady a few weeks ago that kept postponing (flat, car issues, etc.) and wanting us to hold it, finally gave up and gave the item to another couple. If it helps, if they wanted it that bad they would show up for it.

Yeah like, the smart part of my brain is like “oh well your loss.” But trauma brain is like “noooo can’t upset people.” I’ll live. And maybe block people lol

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 minute ago, fleaball said:

And maybe block people

I'm still waiting for the technology that allows me to do this in real life

2 minutes ago, fleaball said:

But trauma brain is like “noooo can’t upset people.”

I've gotten better at this, but omg do I understand what you're saying here!

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Who Knew Demons Wrestle Back?

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 75

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

4 hours ago, RES said:

I'm still waiting for the technology that allows me to do this in real life

God if only

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Ugggggh this one dude claimed two things yesterday just after 5pm and then didn’t respond to several other messages til after 9am and I’m like yeah no get fucked. But I feel like I’m gonna get in trouble >> I’m not. Gremlins suck.  edit: fuck this guy. I sent a message at 8:30 last night giving him til 9am to get back to me. He messaged at 9:09 and is mad I already moved on. Bruh you had like 16 hours to get in touch you’re lucky I gave you one. Ugggggh people. 

also jfc. I’m at cvs waiting for a prescription to be filled and this guy walks up, sizes up me and another guy sitting here waiting, then goes over to the guy and says “I forgot my drivers license, if they ask me for one can you use yours?” Dafuq. Dude says yeah of course, I’ll pick up your prescription for you. That’s sketchy as fuck bro. 

• Wow 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Here's how I do Marketplace\Freecycle\Craigslist. If we're meeting somewhere and you miss your time by 15 min w\o enough of a heads up for me to not leave my house - you're nixed from buying from me. If you're meeting at my home and are an hour late w\o a heads up, same. Give me a heads up, I'll re-arrange ONCE.

I honestly don't care if there is $$ changing hands or it's free. My time does not belong to you. If you want the item, make the arrangement and BE THERE. Or I'm on to the next person on the list.

This is why much of my "stuff" just goes to a charity drop-off. It's rarely worth the hassle.

• Like 3

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

I had a moment of growth! And then regression. Because of course I did. 

- browsing the list of upcoming Pokémon events.
- Thought “I want to be someone who goes out and walks around for a couple hours doing those.”

- thought “okay, what’s one thing I can do today to work toward that?”

- answered: “eat your fucking lunch you fucking idiot.” 

context: I have had a sandwich sitting next to me for two hours. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

5 minutes ago, fleaball said:

- Thought “I want to be someone who goes out and walks around for a couple hours doing those.”

Growth is growth. The struggle with the sandwich does not take away from growth that happened.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3 hours ago, Athaclena said:

Here's how I do Marketplace\Freecycle\Craigslist. If we're meeting somewhere and you miss your time by 15 min w\o enough of a heads up for me to not leave my house - you're nixed from buying from me. If you're meeting at my home and are an hour late w\o a heads up, same. Give me a heads up, I'll re-arrange ONCE.

I honestly don't care if there is $$ changing hands or it's free. My time does not belong to you. If you want the item, make the arrangement and BE THERE. Or I'm on to the next person on the list.

This is why much of my "stuff" just goes to a charity drop-off. It's rarely worth the hassle.

Yeah I was def too nice to this guy. Mostly because at the time no one else wanted those things and I wanted them gone. I’m really enjoying finally being able to get rid of  all the random things that I was keeping just because I didn’t know what to do with them.  Fingers crossed this now-blocked dickhead is the exception to the rule, because everything else has gone smoothly. 

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Growth is growth. The struggle with the sandwich does not take away from growth that happened.

Very true. I just find the contrast funny. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 10/6/2022 at 12:52 PM, fleaball said:

I had a similar conversation with myself. There is a lake near by, and it is pretty good for Pokémon stuff. I have not been walking each day to build up to looping it (hopefully multiple times) Still, I want all the Litwick shiny ;)

• Like 1