Jump to content

Elastigirl:All Joy, No Stress


Recommended Posts

This video was posted on Youtube , and I really appreciated it, and thought it felt well for my next challenge, and how I want my goals to be focused.  

 

Fitness:

Continue with the GMB workouts 3 times a week

Do some walking

Rowing , most likely 3 days a week, and sprinting once a week, or maybe every other week

I also started GMB's respiration program, which is just a short program on breathing, so I'll do that some too

 

Eating and maintenance:

Last challenge I  did a good job at maintaining my weight. What I want to focus on right now is learning how to maintain my weight  without  putting all my focus on it. I tend to swing between putting all my focus on weight, or not at all. I want it to be a good background, with some healthy eating skills that I can maintain most of the time, while also relaxing and enjoying  other times and not being strict.

Some eating skills I am working on:

eating a balanced plate (carbs,protein, veggies or fruit)

eating slowly

being thankful for my food

pausing mid meal and assessing my satiety

eating snacks without a screen

 

I weigh myself daily (ish) and take a weekly average so I can see trends. If I forget a day that's fine, it's just the consistent habit I'm establishing. I do it in the morning, so if I forget I just wait until the next day.

 

Life:

Monday morning write out my weekly goals _ I've been doing this for a couple of challenges , and find it very helpful

 

Every morning write out the priority goals for the day. The goal is to write out a realistic goal of what I can do

 

 

Gardening:

Time to start putting things to bed. Prepare veggie garden for winter. 

 

Scrapbooking

Complete at least 50% of Yellowstone trip

 

Guest bedroom

Last year I repainted it. But then I got distracted, and didn't finish the other things I wanted to do to decorate it. I have a to do list for it.. Goal is to get 50% of the way through that list.

 

 

Goal to remember :  I tend to think I don't have time for ..., because I don't have a big block of time. But things can get done in little chunks. Work on scrapbooking for a half an hour two days a week, is still progress.

 

Also remember : My goals are to help me with my values.  They are to help direct me on the path I want to be, and the things I hope to accomplish

 

  • Like 9
  • That's Metal 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Some eating skills I am working on:

eating a balanced plate (carbs,protein, veggies or fruit)

eating slowly

being thankful for my food

pausing mid meal and assessing my satiety

eating snacks without a screen

 

I love these "eating skills" as you call them. Your challenge looks great! And I am really glad to hear you are still working through the GMB programs. If I can help with your challenge in any way, please let me know.

  • Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild Heart

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it Simple

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, WolfDreamer said:

 

I love these "eating skills" as you call them. Your challenge looks great! And I am really glad to hear you are still working through the GMB programs. If I can help with your challenge in any way, please let me know.

Thanks. The skills are from Josh Hillis's book "Eating Skills, Psychology and Workouts" It's intuitive eating with some guidelines.

  • Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

The goal is to write out a realistic goal of what I can do

I am so bad at this. It's one of the reasons I just wrote out a monster list to work my through for the entire challenge, because if I try to do daily lists, I always end up cramming in stuff that I know I will not have time to get to.

  • Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Link to comment
13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following!

Yay! Glad to have you around.

12 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

I am so bad at this. It's one of the reasons I just wrote out a monster list to work my through for the entire challenge, because if I try to do daily lists, I always end up cramming in stuff that I know I will not have time to get to.

Having the monster lists and daily list seems to be helping me not  make monster daily lists.  We shall see how it goes!

  • Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

Did my rowing to start the day. After breakfast, did my GMB workout. I forget to do my dips (I'm trying to do 1 set to maintain my progress)  After lunch, I wanted to go for a walk, but didn't have much time. Last week, I had walked the cul-de-sac- one street over and had timed my walk at just under 15 minutes. Went on the walk. Just enough to enjoy the sun, and the mostly smoke free skies.

 

I had about a half hour in the late afternoon, so I worked on my scrapbook. I was able to do 2 pages. One of my mindset goals for this challenge is to find those little chunks of time and use them well.

 

Also during my workout, I timed my breaks, and tried to work at getting right back at the sets , as opposed to "just a little longer" scrolling Instagram

 

 

  • Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

Great goals again - I like the idea of putting in those little 'house things' into the challenge and breaking stuff into little chunks so they're manageable.

 

Also whenever I read GMB I think of Good Morning Britain despite knowing it's almost certainly not this :D I've just looked it up and it looks like something I should sign up to 👀

  • Like 2

Level 26 Rogue Ranger

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

 

Link to comment
17 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

What's this about?

 

I like the challenge theme. :) 

It is breathing exercises, practicing the breathing while you are moving. So far, I like it. As someone who tends to hold her breath during exercise, I think it's a good thing for me to work on.

 

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Silmarilliane said:

Great goals again - I like the idea of putting in those little 'house things' into the challenge and breaking stuff into little chunks so they're manageable.

 

Also whenever I read GMB I think of Good Morning Britain despite knowing it's almost certainly not this :D I've just looked it up and it looks like something I should sign up to 👀

Thanks. Yea, once in a while I try and look up a tutorial , and I end up getting Good Morning Britain.😃

  • Haha 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

Went on a walk with my friend today. We went 3 miles. When we first started she couldn't even do a half mile. Super exciting to see her progress. Also did my GMB respiration, some core work, and the rowing. I may skip future rowing on Tuesdays, if we are going for longer walks.  The respiration was praciticing  a breathing pattern while walking. I find it surprisingly hard to focus  on  the breathing pattern (breath in 2, hold 2, exhale 4, hold 4) while walking.

  • Like 3
  • That's Metal 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

I looked for you on zero week but you weren't up and about yet.  Now I am here.

And well timed too.

I needed that song, at this very moment, and it has helped put a smile back on my heart!

Thank you!!

 

Your plans are always so well thought out and sensible, so I am excited to watch as you get through things.    And one of these days, I really might do the GMB thing!

 

  • Like 1

Level 79 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

 

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

 

 

Link to comment
17 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

It is breathing exercises, practicing the breathing while you are moving. So far, I like it. As someone who tends to hold her breath during exercise, I think it's a good thing for me to work on.

 

Yea, once in a while I try and look up a tutorial , and I end up getting Good Morning Britain.😃

 

I would totally let a Briton teach me how to breathe. I assume I'm doing it wrong now. But seriously, tell us more about breathing!

  • Haha 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Link to comment
17 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Went on a walk with my friend today. We went 3 miles. When we first started she couldn't even do a half mile. Super exciting to see her progress. Also did my GMB respiration, some core work, and the rowing. I may skip future rowing on Tuesdays, if we are going for longer walks.  The respiration was praciticing  a breathing pattern while walking. I find it surprisingly hard to focus  on  the breathing pattern (breath in 2, hold 2, exhale 4, hold 4) while walking.

I found my lunchtime walk a really good time to do breathing exercises (she says, having not done any for a couple weeks) but I also walk by myself. It does seem like it would be harder to do with someone else there.

  • Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Link to comment
19 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

We went 3 miles. When we first started she couldn't even do a half mile. Super exciting to see her progress.

 

This is lovely :) 

  • Like 1

Level 26 Rogue Ranger

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

 

Link to comment
19 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Went on a walk with my friend today. We went 3 miles. When we first started she couldn't even do a half mile. Super exciting to see her progress. Also did my GMB respiration, some core work, and the rowing. I may skip future rowing on Tuesdays, if we are going for longer walks.  The respiration was praciticing  a breathing pattern while walking. I find it surprisingly hard to focus  on  the breathing pattern (breath in 2, hold 2, exhale 4, hold 4) while walking.

This is awesome! Breathing exercises are deceptively hard, kudos for for doing it whilst walking.

  • Like 1

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

 

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge:      Rhovaniel: Ranger's Apprentice

 

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29

 

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

I found my lunchtime walk a really good time to do breathing exercises (she says, having not done any for a couple weeks) but I also walk by myself. It does seem like it would be harder to do with someone else there.

Sorry, I was talking in a run on paragraph and not very clear. To clarify: In the morning I did my respiration exercise. As part of that you walk and breathe for one minute. Nasal breathing in a 2-2-4-4 breathe in hold, breathe out hold pattern. Then later in the day, I went for a walk with my friend.  

5 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

This is awesome! Breathing exercises are deceptively hard, kudos for for doing it whilst walking.

Thanks, see above for  my clarification how I did it.

 

7 hours ago, Harriet said:

 

I would totally let a Briton teach me how to breathe. I assume I'm doing it wrong now. But seriously, tell us more about breathing!

I should pick out my next workout by who has the best accent to listen to.  The program is fairly basic, breathe in through the belly and out, hold and exhale. Difference is you practice it while moving. I go through periods where I think it is a good idea, and others where I am skeptical. Do  we really need to focus on breathing? Fitness gurus say that we too often breathe too shallow, but it seems to work.

5 hours ago, Silmarilliane said:

 

This is lovely :) 

It is very nice that I can encourage someone in their fitness journey.

  • Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

Did my rowing workout this morning before breakfast. 

 

Later in the day , I did my GMB workout. I remembered to do a set of dips too. Part of the leg workout was half way down shrimp squats, with a pause. They didn't seem super hard, but my legs are so tired now!

 

Went and picked the last of our zucchini . Then I dug up the plants. The leaves were all mildewy, now that our days are shorter.  Also picked a bunch of cucumbers. Tomorrow I'll make more pickles and  relish.

 

Had leftovers for dinner. I had planned to cook up some Mahi Mahi filets, but I was so tired, I punted on that.

 

 

  • Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment
On 9/13/2022 at 4:36 AM, Elastigirl said:

I had about a half hour in the late afternoon, so I worked on my scrapbook. I was able to do 2 pages. One of my mindset goals for this challenge is to find those little chunks of time and use them well.

Love that! Hope it goes well. 

 

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Went and picked the last of our zucchini . Then I dug up the plants. The leaves were all mildewy, now that our days are shorter.  Also picked a bunch of cucumbers. Tomorrow I'll make more pickles and  relish.

My mildewy plants are still giving me quite a lot of zucchini. Havent had any cucumbers for a while though.. 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl puts down the phone

2023 Battle Log: over here

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Link to comment
5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Love that! Hope it goes well. 

 

My mildewy plants are still giving me quite a lot of zucchini. Havent had any cucumbers for a while though.. 

Thanks. 

There were a couple of blossoms, but no zucchini was growing. I figured it would be too cold for them to grow much.  

  • Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

Today was sprint day on the rower 8 rounds of 45 second sprint/ 30 seconds rest. Not fun, but good to know I can do it.

 

Did two walks, a short one in the afternoon, and a bit longer one after dinner with hubby. It was almost dark by the time we got home. We went be able to do our after dinner walks much longer.

 

Also made some more pickles and relish with the last of our ccucumbers.

 

  • Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment
On 9/14/2022 at 10:33 PM, Elastigirl said:

Then later in the day, I went for a walk with my friend.  

That makes more sense. Counting paces and holding your breath make for rather antisocial walking.

 

I usually start pulling plants once things look mildewy. They can keep producing for a while after, but that's usually around the same time I'm getting tired of putting zucchini in everything I make, so I'm ready to be done with them. 

  • Haha 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

That makes more sense. Counting paces and holding your breath make for rather antisocial walking.

 

I usually start pulling plants once things look mildewy. They can keep producing for a while after, but that's usually around the same time I'm getting tired of putting zucchini in everything I make, so I'm ready to be done with them. 

Yeah, I have tons of frozen zucchini and we've eaten tons of it, and I was feeling very done. The cucumbers are going soon too, for the same reason.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment
On 9/11/2022 at 8:40 PM, Elastigirl said:

Scrapbooking

Complete at least 50% of Yellowstone trip

 

Guest bedroom

Last year I repainted it. But then I got distracted, and didn't finish the other things I wanted to do to decorate it. I have a to do list for it.. Goal is to get 50% of the way through that list.

I like the 50% goal - just enough motivation to start, but the satisfaction of meeting the goal even if you didn't complete the task, because the goal is progress not completion. :)

 

On 9/11/2022 at 8:40 PM, Elastigirl said:

Goal to remember :  I tend to think I don't have time for ..., because I don't have a big block of time. But things can get done in little chunks. Work on scrapbooking for a half an hour two days a week, is still progress.

Yeah! Bite-size goals!

 

On 9/11/2022 at 8:40 PM, Elastigirl said:

Also remember : My goals are to help me with my values.  They are to help direct me on the path I want to be, and the things I hope to accomplish

😍😍😍

 

On 9/12/2022 at 9:36 PM, Elastigirl said:

I had about a half hour in the late afternoon, so I worked on my scrapbook. I was able to do 2 pages. One of my mindset goals for this challenge is to find those little chunks of time and use them well.

😍😍😍

 

On 9/12/2022 at 9:36 PM, Elastigirl said:

Also during my workout, I timed my breaks, and tried to work at getting right back at the sets , as opposed to "just a little longer" scrolling Instagram

Great job!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines