[Sylvaa] Amok Amok Amok

Sylvaa

hocus-pocus-2-midler-parker-najimy-hp2-11409-r4.jpg?auto=webp&fit=crop&height=675&width=1200

It has been months since I've done a challenge, so I figured it was about time to come back. And even though this challenge is more November than Halloween, I am 100% taking advantage of the fact that I can still include a Halloween-esque challenge this time around. 

Life has been crazy recently and I'm coming down from a super strict schedule (which always throws me for a loop). My daughter had her second child 9/30 and we are adjusting to a new baby (boy) in the house. 

• Don't be the (lifting) virgin who lights the black flame candle
    • I've been starting to focus on more consistent lifting. Not necessarily hitting PR's, but consistently adding lifts into my programming. I need to work on form and getting more confident with my movements; specifically with cleans, snatches, and jerks. One of the other trainers at the gym is always willing to help me with form and correcting bad habits, I just need to use the help I can get. 
  • Use the spell book
    • Food in general has been a pain at the house. I get tired of cooking for people who don't appreciate not having to cook. 
    • Meal prepping for my husband and I has been going .... okay, but we are pretty bored with food choices. Also, I'm trying to eat foods with a lower environmental impact. 
  • Pay attention to the dawn
    • Time Management! I've been really slacking at work and have some deadlines I haven't missed. But have also really stressed me out. I'm also trying to balance getting things done at home and getting to relax and have my own time.
  • Like 6

Not entirely the challenge theme I expected, from the title... which is probably for the best. :D

leonard nimoy rubbing hands GIF by HULU

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

I get tired of cooking for people who don't appreciate not having to cook. 

My pet peeve is domestic labor not being appreciated as the labor it is. The lady with a new baby can have a pass on that one, because she's lucky she knows her own name right now, but everyone else can take a damn turn in the kitchen. :D

Looney Tunes Animation GIF

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

wooooooo!

• That's Metal 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Happy challenging!

• That's Metal 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Nothing like work going, "oh, you've decided to make a challenge and focus on time management? Let me throw three priorities at you that all need done within the next day." Well, here's to not slacking...

Monday's workout included some barbell cycling; deadlifts, power cleans, front squats, push press, back squat. It was pretty fun and I'm getting used to the idea that I can move weight (novel, I know). Also, I'm working on squat depth and that's fun. Today's workout includes some running, so I'll need to make sure to get it in before the sun goes down.

Eating has been okay. We had a ton of leftover sweets from our Hocus Pocus meal on Friday, but those are almost all cleaned out now. My favorite thing about meal prep is the lack of dishes on a daily basis from cooking. My husband has a work event today though, so part of today is going to be "cleaning out the fridge". 

I've got my work priorities organized for today and am trying to burn through the quick (but boring) things as quickly as possible. Luckily, I don't have a ton of meetings today. But I also learned that my current project wants to add 5 hours per week to my time. I'm not sure what they want to do with that time yet (I haven't had the official meeting, I just got an e-mail about it). So we'll see about that. Sometimes, being salaried sucks. 

• Like 7
On 10/19/2022 at 3:09 PM, Sylvaa said:

Monday's workout included some barbell cycling; deadlifts, power cleans, front squats, push press, back squat.

That sounds like fun! Is it all with the same weight, as one giant set?

Level 18 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 12  -  CON: 10  -  CHA: 3  -  SAN: 7  -  INT: 11

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Bringing the party together

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

On 10/17/2022 at 1:49 PM, Sylvaa said:

I get tired of cooking for people who don't appreciate not having to cook.

Not cooking for me, but I feel this in my bones. What's up, friend.

On 10/19/2022 at 9:09 AM, Sylvaa said:

Nothing like work going, "oh, you've decided to make a challenge and focus on time management? Let me throw three priorities at you that all need done within the next day."

This sucks. I'm finally learning to say "no" to unreasonable last-minute work requests. I have support. I hope you do too.

• Like 1

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

So once a week updates? Sounds about right.

We got the crud. The boys are sick. It's super fun, because my past 48 hours have been entertaining a 3 year old to hopefully keep him from passing along his sickness to the 3 week old. I was pretty unsuccessful, but the good news is that it isn't RSV. So nothing else really matters.

On 10/23/2022 at 10:49 AM, Jarric said:

That sounds like fun! Is it all with the same weight, as one giant set?

Giant set / complex style. I kept it light because this is new (65 lbs), but it felt good. Later on in the week, I did a clean and jerk descending ladder and then some BB reverse lunges. So time under the barbell has been there. I want to get some snatching in, but I'm not sure of the timing yet. This week has been off to a slow start, but I'm planning on working out tonight. I just don't remember what I'm doing yet. 

On 10/23/2022 at 7:13 PM, EricMN said:

Not cooking for me, but I feel this in my bones. What's up, friend.

I've missed you sir. Good to see you around these parts. Fun fact: my daughter was complaining about not having help from her SO because she didn't feel like she should have to tell him how to help and I'm literally like you will fight this battle for the rest of your life. What goes around, comes around at it's finest. 

To be honest, I'm very burnt out, but it's so deep that I don't know what it'll take to fix it. 

On 10/23/2022 at 7:13 PM, EricMN said:

This sucks. I'm finally learning to say "no" to unreasonable last-minute work requests. I have support. I hope you do too.

Truthfully, last week was all about timing. I had multiple priorities that needed to be done by the end of the week, but my schedule was arranged so that I had a full day to do each one. Except, two got delayed which made the completion part significantly harder. One of the priorities was a monthly task, one is quarterly, and one was intermittent. So really they weren't unreasonable, I just ended up with this perfect storm.

This week has been a ridiculous amount of meetings. I'm ready for the holidays because everything seems to slow down around then. It's not happened yet, but one can hope. 

• Like 6