WhiteGhost: Frozen

Winter is coming but I have already done the Game of Thrones so time for a different winter related theme.  This time I am going with Disney's 2013 smash hit Frozen

Let It Go

1.  Don't overeat (aka stop eating when full).  Stealing this one from Deffy, but I feel justified in doing so because I probably need it more.  She can have it back when I'm done with it.  I am going to call my program CIE (Counter-Intuitive Eating) because my normal intuition is to keep stuffing my face until I am ready to barf.  Also, I am going to give myself permission to waste food, because my abhorrence of wasting food often leads me to stuff it all into my gullet even though there isn't any more room there.  Let it go

For the First Time in Forever

2. Piano.  I got a new keyboard a month or so back and it not only has the full 8 octaves but it also feels and sounds like a real piano.  I can't tell you how much I have missed the feel of a real piano and it has really helped me get back into the groove of practicing.  My goal for this challenge is to work on 3 songs; learn the last stanza (3 lines) of Maple Leaf Rag and be able to play it completely from memory, Learn (and memorize) the next stanza (4 lines) for Elite Syncopations and pick up another hymn (not sure which one I will do yet).

Frozen Heart

3.  Over the past few weeks I have spent all my time focusing on the health of our pets, and the cost to my body is showing.  Time to get back on track and build myself back up again.  Also, it is getting colder here but I can't let that stop me.  I really miss working out and am looking forward to getting back on that horse.  I plan to keep up with the cardio + stretching habit I have built to go with it. 

Do you Want to Build a Snowman

4. Scripture reading.  I am working through the Old Testament with Ghostlet and we need to read at least something (at least one verse) every day.  This only counts if we both do it together

Reindeers (Kittens) are Better than People

5. Kitten pics.  Self explanatory.  Kittens change a lot of the first 8 weeks of life and the challenge will cover weeks 3-8 for Lich.  At least one pic per week to show off his progress

I was going to include the songs and a bunch of gifs but I can't get my VPN to work today :( 

• Like 13
  • That's Metal 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Following in solidarity of the "can't waste food" club

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Wrestles her demons 

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 75

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Holy cats Frozen was released in 2013?! …….. BRB I need to take my Metamucil JEEZ what is time??

Yay for goals and also KITTENS PLS 💜

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

1.  Don't overeat (aka stop eating when full).  Stealing this one from Deffy, but I feel justified in doing so because I probably need it more.  She can have it back when I'm done with it.  I am going to call my program CIE (Counter-Intuitive Eating) because my normal intuition is to keep stuffing my face until I am ready to barf.  Also, I am going to give myself permission to waste food, because my abhorrence of wasting food often leads me to stuff it all into my gullet even though there isn't any more room there.  Let it go

Sheesh I feel this deep down in my heart. But I won't have it when you're done with it, you're going to have to get better at sharing. 

• Like 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I am familiar with this struggle too.  Good luck not cleaning the plate. 

YARN | To quote Elsa, "Let it go!" | Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt(2015) -  S03E11 Kimmy Googles the Internet! | Video clips by quotes | 666e1525 | 紗

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Let It Go

1.  Don't overeat (aka stop eating when full).

I'll be watching this and learning from it.

• Like 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2023

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41

14 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

I'm okay with putting my serving away in left-over containers, but if it's just a few bites more than full on any other day I am prone to finish it and regret it later!

I have come around to the point of view that two bites totally makes a boring breakfast or lunch better. Tapas theory. I need side dishes for every meal. (This goes into overdrive when I'm packing a bento lunch. Then I need lots of two or three bite dishes.)

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following. I hear you on wasting food. The great depression still haunts us from the grave.

I suspect it will probably stay with  us until the next one

18 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

I was just contemplating the subject of overeating the other day! When I'm not feeling well and can't stomach food, I'm okay with putting my serving away in left-over containers, but if it's just a few bites more than full on any other day I am prone to finish it and regret it later!

I will usually pack up leftovers in a container if it close to a full serving, but anything short of that I tend to just try and finish

18 hours ago, RES said:

Following in solidarity of the "can't waste food" club

It seems to be quite a popular club

18 hours ago, shaar said:

Holy cats Frozen was released in 2013?! …….. BRB I need to take my Metamucil JEEZ what is time??

Yay for goals and also KITTENS PLS 💜

It is old enough to have spawned direct to DVD (not even direct to streaming) sequels

17 hours ago, sylph said:

Seconding ... all of this. :)

How does it feel to have the movies you loved as an adult get thrown into the classics bin? 😛

15 hours ago, deftona said:

Sheesh I feel this deep down in my heart. But I won't have it when you're done with it, you're going to have to get better at sharing. 

I was going to share anyway :)

14 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

Did I hear... Kitten pics? :D 

Kitten Meow GIF

I already have the starting pic (2 weeks and just opened his eyes) and am just airing for a good VPN connection to upload it

13 hours ago, Shello said:

I am familiar with this struggle too.  Good luck not cleaning the plate. 

YARN | To quote Elsa, "Let it go!" | Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt(2015) -  S03E11 Kimmy Googles the Internet! | Video clips by quotes | 666e1525 | 紗

Not gonna lie, it is going to be tough

6 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I love the theme of this challenge! Following! :) 

Yay, glad to have you here

5 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

I'll be watching this and learning from it.

Only if I can make it happen...

3 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I have come around to the point of view that two bites totally makes a boring breakfast or lunch better. Tapas theory. I need side dishes for every meal. (This goes into overdrive when I'm packing a bento lunch. Then I need lots of two or three bite dishes.)

I do this sometimes with foods that could?make a good side dish, but stir fry (and many other Chinese dishes don't lend themselves we'll to bento boxes.  At least not in a way that makes me want to eat then.

-------------------

Not a lot to say about yesterday.  I finished off the last of the chicken stir fry in he fridge but I made a little too?much rice, but not enough for a full meal.  I thought about just eating it anyway but ended up dumping it out.  A win challenge wise, but it sure didn't feel like a win as I dumped perfectly good food in the garbage.  

I made some good progress on my piano songs.  Scripture reading also happened.

• Like 9

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

How does it feel to have the movies you loved as an adult get thrown into the classics bin? 😛

Two stories  on this:

1. I was watching a Twitch streamer and he put on some background music while he played a game. He said "Most of you probably won't know this music because it's from a REALLY old movie. It's great, though" The movie was Gladiator

2. At PT a few years ago, they'd often have movies going in the background since one million reps of tiny weights can be boring. One day I came in and Back to the Future was playing. One of the other patients asked the 20-something receptionist a question about the movie and she wrinkled her nose and responded "I'm not really into old movies"

gut punch, both of them.

• Haha 4
  • Wow 4
6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

dumping it out

A solid win!  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Following for kitten pictures!

...and like, fitness stuff. Yeah.

I was raised to clear my plate, so I really struggle with leaving food too. The only solution I've found is to plate up less food - I can always go back for more, but if it's in the kitchen rather than on my plate I don't tend to.

• Like 3

Level 18 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 12  -  CON: 10  -  CHA: 3  -  SAN: 7  -  INT: 11

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Bringing the party together

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

18 hours ago, sylph said:

Two stories  on this:

1. I was watching a Twitch streamer and he put on some background music while he played a game. He said "Most of you probably won't know this music because it's from a REALLY old movie. It's great, though" The movie was Gladiator

2. At PT a few years ago, they'd often have movies going in the background since one million reps of tiny weights can be boring. One day I came in and Back to the Future was playing. One of the other patients asked the 20-something receptionist a question about the movie and she wrinkled her nose and responded "I'm not really into old movies"

gut punch, both of them.

It makes me really sad that the rising generation is going to think of movies like The Lord of the Rings trilogy as old classics.  I was wearing a Wayne's World T-shirt the other day and none of the so-called adults I ran into recognized the reference.  In fact, most of them had never even heard of the movie. 

15 hours ago, Shello said:

A solid win!  

I'll take it

11 hours ago, Jarric said:

Following for kitten pictures!

...and like, fitness stuff. Yeah.

I was raised to clear my plate, so I really struggle with leaving food too. The only solution I've found is to plate up less food - I can always go back for more, but if it's in the kitchen rather than on my plate I don't tend to.

I am really trying hard to share some kitten pics, they will come at some point.

It doesn't really help me to leave stuff in the pan because I am going to have to clean it up anyway and it has to go somewhere.  Throwing it out feels too wrong. 

---------------------------------------------

I actually did a bit of a workout yesterday, although I didn't go to the park.  They have just replaced all of the exercise equipment in the yard and so I went down to try out the new pull up bar.  I like it a lot better than the old one.  The parallel bars are less great, being not quite parallel but they will suffice for my needs.  The rest of the stuff is pretty useless for me as it is mostly designed for old people practice mobility stuff like twisting at the hips and raising arms above the head.  I really need to get back to the park.

IN the afternoon we took Ghostlet over to a better hospital on the East side of town to get his rash checked out and holy schmoly this town is locked down tighter than a drum.  There were soldiers out with submachine guns at most large intersections manning checkpoints and random police stops to check people's IDs.  The official explanation was covid control, but I think everyone here knows it was a show of force about protecting the ongoing Party Congress.    The good news is that the "Rash' Ghostlet has is just a fairly bad case of typical acne and we got some proper medicine for it.  The doctor told us that the diagnosis at the private clinic was mostly useless and told us to stop taking the medicine that the clinic had prescribed because it wasn't helping.  We should have gone to the hospital first, but we are hesitant to go when it can so easily result in a lockdown if a suspected covid case happened to be there on the same day.

In the evening we ordered Hong Kong food and left most of my noodles uneaten and saved them for later.  Huge win on the food front.  

• Like 5

Level 2 Ninja

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

IN the afternoon we took Ghostlet over to a better hospital on the East side of town to get his rash checked out and holy schmoly this town is locked down tighter than a drum.  There were soldiers out with submachine guns at most large intersections manning checkpoints and random police stops to check people's IDs.  The official explanation was covid control, but I think everyone here knows it was a show of force about protecting the ongoing Party Congress.

Big Yike, it's wild to me to think of something like this as just another day.  If something like that happened here people would flip their lids.

I also hate wasting food... it makes me sad and I really hate cleaning out the fridge sometimes but I'm glad my husband is very active and always hungry so that helps. 😅

• Like 1

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

It makes me really sad that the rising generation is going to think of movies like The Lord of the Rings trilogy as old classics.  I was wearing a Wayne's World T-shirt the other day and none of the so-called adults I ran into recognized the reference.  In fact, most of them had never even heard of the movie. 

I'll take it

I am really trying hard to share some kitten pics, they will come at some point.

It doesn't really help me to leave stuff in the pan because I am going to have to clean it up anyway and it has to go somewhere.  Throwing it out feels too wrong. 

No bowls for storing leftovers?

I actually did a bit of a workout yesterday, although I didn't go to the park.  They have just replaced all of the exercise equipment in the yard and so I went down to try out the new pull up bar.  I like it a lot better than the old one.  The parallel bars are less great, being not quite parallel but they will suffice for my needs.  The rest of the stuff is pretty useless for me as it is mostly designed for old people practice mobility stuff like twisting at the hips and raising arms above the head.  I really need to get back to the park.

The differences in parks in China and the States never cease to intrigue me. In China I rarely saw children playing, and saw all the adults and elderly using the equipment. In the states, an adult is only seen on the playground if their climbing toddler might endanger themself by getting on too high an area. (This doesn't stop me from getting on swings, since they're my favorite)

One of the parks I visit on occasion recently installed a little segment of the workout equipment Chinese parks have, and it gave me such a hit of nostalgia. I showed my walking buddy how all the pieces are used, and could picture it full of aunties, but was sad that it looked like no one used it.

• Like 1
On 10/20/2022 at 8:12 PM, shaar said:

Big Yike, it's wild to me to think of something like this as just another day.  If something like that happened here people would flip their lids.

I also hate wasting food... it makes me sad and I really hate cleaning out the fridge sometimes but I'm glad my husband is very active and always hungry so that helps. 😅

Yeah, it's kinda nutso but I suspect that if they had similar controls in place in DC for the next presidential inauguration people might be a little more understanding

On 10/20/2022 at 8:34 PM, MaeradCase said:

No bowls for storing leftovers?

Plenty of bowls but that doesn't really solve the issue of having no interest in making a meal out a few bites of this a few bites of that.  It may work for some people, but it would just end up getting thrown out here.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:34 PM, MaeradCase said:

The differences in parks in China and the States never cease to intrigue me. In China I rarely saw children playing, and saw all the adults and elderly using the equipment. In the states, an adult is only seen on the playground if their climbing toddler might endanger themself by getting on too high an area. (This doesn't stop me from getting on swings, since they're my favorite)

One of the parks I visit on occasion recently installed a little segment of the workout equipment Chinese parks have, and it gave me such a hit of nostalgia. I showed my walking buddy how all the pieces are used, and could picture it full of aunties, but was sad that it looked like no one used it.

Yeah, it really highlights the difference between the cultures.  In China, kids don't go to the park because they don't have that kind of free time.  The only people with time to enjoy the park are retirees, so the larks are designed with them in mind

I say "them" but I should probably start including myself in that "olld people" category :( 

-----------------------------------------------

I have done very little the last couple of days, with yesterday being literally the entire day sitting on the couch playing xbox with only a couple of breaks to play piano

• Like 6

Level 2 Ninja

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yeah, it really highlights the difference between the cultures.  In China, kids don't go to the park because they don't have that kind of free time.  The only people with time to enjoy the park are retirees, so the larks are designed with them in mind

I say "them" but I should probably start including myself in that "olld people" category :( 

Duuuude.  This just blew my mind.  I had no idea parks there were like this and I'd 100% be there ALL THE TIME! (also am old, let's start an old people park gang)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, shaar said:

Duuuude.  This just blew my mind.  I had no idea parks there were like this and I'd 100% be there ALL THE TIME! (also am old, let's start an old people park gang)

Haha, there's a reason why all of my workout updates are from the park.  All y'all are invited

--------------

Yesterday I once again did very little.  I practiced piano for a bit and played Xbox for a bit.  Ghostess made dinner and I ate way too much of it.  First massive failure on the food front for his challenge.

Lich is now officially 3 weeks old and has opened his eyes and is able to hold himself up on all 4 legs for short periods.  I still can't upload any pics but I will when I can

• Like 6

Level 2 Ninja

16 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Wait, what? Kittens? Lich? You're telling me Wraith is no longer the only feline in the household?!

You have been away for a while, my friend :)  We added Phantom just over a year ago and now the addition of Lich makes 3.  

---------------

Yesterday was a busy day.  I had church in the morning and then Ghostess and I spent the afternoon going through every room in the house and threw away everything that was deemed to be useless clutter.  In total we threw out about 5 large garbage bags worth of stuff.  Our house is looking very organized now :)

I made Yakisoba for dinner and ate responsibly.  I am also making good progress on learning my piano stuff.

I was supposed to have D&D last night, but the internet was locked down tighter than usual as the govt sought to control the messaging following the conclusion of the party Congress.  Hopefully things will loosen up soon.

• Like 8

Level 2 Ninja

You have been away for a while, my friend :)  We added Phantom just over a year ago and now the addition of Lich makes 3

I have indeed, from the forums, but not Instagram. Your account there is sorely lacking kitten pics besides Wraith, it's all food food food. How'd you expect me to know? 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1