Elastigirl vs The Zombie Carrots

My last challenge was titled , All Joy, No stress, which ended up being a perfectly themed challenge, as I needed to focus on my gratitude and less on stress that was happening.  We had wildfire smoke in the area, and the last two weeks of the challenge, my allergies made me feel pretty run down. Then, this weekend, my 93 year old father in law passed away. He's been very ill for a while, so we have been grieving  already, but still it is hard. I know he is happier now, he is in heaven, but we still miss him. I have ideas for challenges, but right now, I don't have the energy to implement them. And that is fine. I have lots of good habits that I can do just on automatic.  When I feel ready to put up some challenge goals I will. But right now it's just doing what I do

Eating skills

GMB workout 3 x a week

movement- rowing, walking , gardening

I have a coupon for my scrapbook that expires November 13th. So, I'd like to finish my Yellowstone scrapbook by then:

Metropolis is in trouble! A mad scientist was working in a secret lab creating Zombie Carrots.  Of course, the zombie carrots escaped and now they are terrorizing the people of Metro pilis. The Incredibles set out to once again rescue their city. I will need focus and determination to battle these foes!

latest?cb=20160302223930

Eating Skills:

eat snack and lunch with no screen distraction; listening to a podcast is fine. I already do this with my  snack( mostly). Now I'm levelling up and trying it at lunch

One of my traps is eating too many chocolate chips. I like having them as a treat. I want to learn to allow myself the treat, without going overboard. 

I bought some little containers. I'm going to place  about 100 calories worth of chocolate chips in each container, and then store them in the highest cupboard, where  I need a stool to reach. I am allowed to have more than one. However, I will have to go and get each one out of the cupboard.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I'm sorry for your loss. 93 sounds like a pretty good run, and it's so nice that you had a good relationship with him.

Automatic habits sounds like a fine plan for now.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Sorry for your loss! Here to support an autopilot challenge!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

I'm so sorry for your loss, EG. Sending my love to you and your family x

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger:  Volume One: Wintering

Winter Goals: Read by candlelight 10 times (5/10), Read The Ranger's Apprentice, Book 1 and Book 2, Re-read The Fellowship of the Ring (in progress), The Two Towers and The Return of the King, Watch all 3 Hobbit films (1/3), Watch all 3 LOTR films (1/3), See doc about leg pain (in progress), see doc about sinuses, Be able to run 1 mile without pain, finish knitting cardigan, repair jeans, plan and sew one project to completion, Finish Masters chapter 2, Read stock book, Plan Spring/Summer Adventures 2023, Start writing again, Reach at least 77kg by March 20.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

On 10/23/2022 at 4:46 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sorry EG, here to support you in your grief.

Thanks!

19 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Sorry for your loss EG.. 

I’m glad you’re taking the space/time by going on cruise control for a bit! 

Thank you!

15 hours ago, Harriet said:

I'm sorry for your loss. 93 sounds like a pretty good run, and it's so nice that you had a good relationship with him.

Automatic habits sounds like a fine plan for now.

Thanks. Yes, it was a good run, and the majority of that time he was in good health, so I'm very thankful. 

14 hours ago, Novaurora said:

Sorry for your loss! Here to support an autopilot challenge!

Thank you.

13 hours ago, Everstorm said:

My condolences to you and your family.  Good call to go on cruise control

Thank you.

7 hours ago, Lyn said:

My heart & prayers go out to you & yours. 

Thanks

6 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Grief is never easy. I hope that your heart isn't so heavy that you can't manage what you need to on autopilot. ❤️

Thanks. Yes, grief is hard, however because he was so ill for the last year, I feel like I've already done much grieving. I'm actually feeling like my heart is less heavy now that I know he is no longer suffering. 

5 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

I'm so sorry for your loss, EG. Sending my love to you and your family x

Thank you

• Like 4

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Finished up my GMB program today.I didn't realize I was that close to finishing. It was 36 sessions. I started it at the end of July. At the beginning of the program we did an assessment, and then today we did a final assessment.  My single leg balance is a lot better.  My inverted press is maybe a little better, but not a lot. And one of the exercises (the inverted hang) I was doing wrong, and just figured that out today😊

Also did my zone 2 rowing and went for a walk. Now that rain has started, it seems like fall has really begun here. I did get rained on a bit during my walk, but not too bad. I wore my thick socks and hiking shoes so my feet stayed dry. If my feet are dry and warm, I'm much happier.

• Like 8

Sorry about your father-in-law, EG. 

13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

If my feet are dry and warm, I'm much happier.

When I was working outside full time, I discovered that putting a clean pair of socks on as soon as I got home often made the difference between collapsing for the rest of the day and getting stuff done at home. It really is true that if your feet aren't happy, you're not happy. 

• Like 5

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

On 10/25/2022 at 8:57 AM, Artemis Prime said:

Sorry about your father-in-law, EG. 

When I was working outside full time, I discovered that putting a clean pair of socks on as soon as I got home often made the difference between collapsing for the rest of the day and getting stuff done at home. It really is true that if your feet aren't happy, you're not happy. 

Thanks. 

Since I finished the GMB program, I'm back to NF's bodyweight level 18.   That means I'm back to pistol squats. I haven't worked on these for the 3 months I've been on the GMB program. The GMB program had lots  of shrimp (leg in back instead of front) squats, plus some ankle strengthening work. I was interested to see what I could do. Secretly hoping, I would have huge gains, and master the pistol.  ANd worried that I would have good backward. I think I have actually improved a small bit. Not a lot, but maybe a little.

I also bought a new program from GMB, called Literal Immortality. @Gemma has it and she liked it, plus, how can you not get a program with a title like that?! It's a supplemental program, and after a bit of work on it I am guaranteed to live forever!!! Or, maybe at least to age gracefully. It focuses on balance, mobility, and strength. Did the first session yesterday. It was fun.

I've been doing pretty good about not overeating this week. Having snacks, but sitting down and enjoying them, and trying to just eat to satiety.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Oh that is interesting! since it's supplemental, does that mean the sessions are very short? 

20 minutes,including the warm up session. It did takes a little longer because I needed to watch the tutorial on some of the new movements. But the tutorials are short.

• Like 1

Yesterday, after I finished the NF workout, I thought the legs were too easy and I didn't do enough. All I worked on was pistol. Today my quad DOMS are saying I did plenty.😀

Did a GMB core workout. It was kind of fun, with twists on the bear. But it also worked my shoulders, which I didn't want, as I wanted a rest day for my tired arms. I might choose a couple of the exercises and just do those next time. Here's the link:6 Core Strengthening Exercises Better Than Crunches | GMB Fitness

I also did rowing. Today was sprint day. I didn't really have the oomph for sprints. So, I did a higher speed (28spm) on lower intensity row for 20 minutes. About the feeling of doing a light jog. Mostly a zone 3 workout.

Then I worked in the garden. Cut down all my Dahlias. 🙁 Covered the ground with the clippings and some other yard clipping. They are now (hopefully) protected from the winter. I still have another bed to do.  Next week the nights are colder. So hopefully I get some dry weather to finish the other bed.

• Like 5

On 10/27/2022 at 3:57 AM, Elastigirl said:

Since I finished the GMB program, I'm back to NF's bodyweight level 18.   That means I'm back to pistol squats. I haven't worked on these for the 3 months I've been on the GMB program. The GMB program had lots  of shrimp (leg in back instead of front) squats, plus some ankle strengthening work. I was interested to see what I could do. Secretly hoping, I would have huge gains, and master the pistol.  ANd worried that I would have good backward. I think I have actually improved a small bit. Not a lot, but maybe a little.

Ah well. A little is something.

On 10/27/2022 at 3:57 AM, Elastigirl said:

I also bought a new program from GMB, called Literal Immortality. @Gemma has it and she liked it, plus, how can you not get a program with a title like that?!

Well exactly. I would for sure do a lifting programme called literal immortality. Or literally magic bench. Literally supernatural deadlift. Literally godlike squat. Someone make this programme, quickly!

• Haha 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Thanks for the link to those core exercises!!  Great job on your workouts!!!

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

On 10/28/2022 at 9:31 AM, Harriet said:

Ah well. A little is something.

Well exactly. I would for sure do a lifting programme called literal immortality. Or literally magic bench. Literally supernatural deadlift. Literally godlike squat. Someone make this programme, quickly!

Little is still progress. Must keep reminding myself.😀

On 10/28/2022 at 2:47 PM, Mad Hatter said:

So sorry for your loss.

That program sounds interesting! What kind of exercises do they make you do?

Thanks.  A mix of  exercises to help with mobility, grip strength, falling correctly, and balance. A couple of ones I did the other day were practicing falling backward from a squat and  a balance drill where you lift up your leg and then go back in a lunge. I notice that if I don't do some sort of practice with these things, I am much more accident prone. 

On 10/28/2022 at 4:58 PM, Novaurora said:

Thanks for the link to those core exercises!!  Great job on your workouts!!!

Thanks.

I was trying to come up with goals, but I'm struggling with focusing enough to do that. For now, I'll just keep it at that. Last week went in bursts. I was fine for a while, then had periods where I just sort of sat. I'm trying to give  myself the space to  do that. My father in law's health was failing over the last year, and I am just trying to process all that. 

I made some cupcakes for a church party last night. I made chocolate cupcakes with pumpkin spice frosting. They all disappeared, so I guess they were good! Worked some on my scrapbook during the week. Finished covering up all my dahlias. Did my workouts. 

I didn't do rowing much  last week. Really hard to be motivated to do get up in the morning and do it when it's dark outside. One of the reasons I chose rowing is because it's indoors. Obviously, it doesn't really make any difference whether it's dark or not. It's just a motivation thing. I like doing it, because the cardio is important.  But , I'm struggling with the mornings. I dug out my sun light, and will use that this week, so hopefully that will help. We had a gorgeous sunny early fall. But, it switched all the sudden, and now it's dark and rainy and my motivation has tanked. I do try and find a balance. I know that in the spring and summer, when it's sunny, I'll have more energy, and want to do more. So, I'm fine with not doing as much now. I just need to decide on what that is. Today I did a 20 minute quick row, and that seemed about right.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Good job going gently. Glad you found your lamp! 

Thanks.  So the lamp is  small, just about the size of a large book. So, the funny thing is, I  couldn't remember where  I had put it. Looked all through my cupboards and couldn't find it. It was on a kitchen counter,. Just in the corner (and the same white as the counter) and I had seen it there so much, I just overlooked it.😀

• Like 1

I did a short row in the morning, with the Rowalong on YouTube. The Rowalong guy sometimes does short " adventures" where he tells a story to go along with the row. Today was escaping from a zombie carrot  testing station, where the zombie carrots were chasing you. It was a fun Halloween row, about 15 minutes plus warm up. 

Did my NF workout. Today was dips. I haven't done much dip training while I was doing GMB. I did some, just to maintain. Today. I was really rusty. Could only do 2 unassisted. I did more negatives.  Before I stopped, I could do 3 or 4. Hoping it comes back quick. I rocked the pull ups and jump squats though. The pull ups were band assisted. The workout called for 5-8 reps. I have trouble with that many, even assisted. So for 3 of the sets , I would do 4 pause  for a brief break than do 2 or 3. The last set I was able to do 6 reps without pause, which may be a PR.

It was rainy, and I didn't want to go outside, so I did a 15 minute walking video.

I think tonight I will do some GMB mobility.

• Like 3

• Elastigirl changed the title to Elastigirl vs The Zombie Carrots