I'm Not Going to Do That

Here I am, respawning myself at the end of the last full NF challenge of the year.

I quit NF the last time because I was having trouble keeping up with my challenge to myself, with chatting with others and keeping up with their journeys, and frankly, I was depressed about my inability to sustain progress toward the goals I had set for myself. I quit because I thought that it was the best thing for my mental health - as though NF was the reason for my depression, ha - and because as I assume many depressed persons do, I didn't want to be reminded by all of the people who were doing well on NF that I was doing poorly, if you get me.

In hindsight, I was blind (pun intentional).

My point is - I'm back and think that my vision is clear, this time. I intend to set more reasonable and sustainable goals for myself this time. I intend to not beat myself up if I can't make progress on every goal every day. I intend to keep logging in even if I didn't have the energy to do a single thing, just to say "hey, I didn't do a single thing."

What's "that" thing I'm not going to do from my post title? That thing is "give up". I'm not going to do that.

• Like 5

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher

Welcome back! I similarly can get my focus skewed by taking on non-existent pressure. I try to encourage here and there but am not deeply involved, and I utilize the Battle Log space instead of challenges. Kudos to you for clearer vision! Knowing ourselves is part of the battle. 

• Like 1

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self Str7.5 Dex6 Sta5.7 Con11.8 Wis10.4 Cha2 Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~Battle Log 1 Ranger Level 3