Starpuck ♪ Sticks to the 𝄢Bass-ics and 𝄐 The Line

The last week of the previous challenge was ... really bad all around.   No nothing done!  I fell out of all my habits and need to get back into the groove.  🎶   See what I did there?  Since leading into the holidays is a tough time to crack down, I am keeping this super simple.

EAT BETTER!  I had been doing okay with eating 'normal' for 2 weeks after my trip.  Then the last week hit and I got a stomach bug/weird ookiness going on, and I just ate total garbage.  I will feel better if I am eating cleaner again.   I should probably track calories to ensure I get my ass in gear, but this week and weekend is also b-day outings, so ... I have to give some flexibility.

EXERCISE!!  I skipped exercising for a week straight (partly due to stomach ookiness) mostly due to laziness and 'dunwannas'.   I can't be that way.    I must get into the warehouse 2x for strength and find some movement/cardio for the other days.  Even if that means signing up for the walking track at the local park district by work.

Those are the priorities!   That's where my first effort goes.  Music and art have been been an easy target for me for weeks.  I am still super enjoying it and running with it, so I will do those and track them with my time log app.   The food and exercise will get tracked here for accountability because I want to start getting my summer body ready now... and not wait till the last 'not happening' like usual lol.

Strength⬜⬜

Move ⬜⬜⬜

Food ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜

Spoiler

🟩🟦🟧

In other news, I got my new guitar!  An electric guitar for some day soon (hopefully) music recording and song writing.    My sister and brother in law decided it would be part of my Christmas gifts and paid for a chunk of it.  I am hoping to get a video up showing my new rig 🎸but I need to find a way to make the sound not sound awful!    Art continues with lots of inspiration being drawn from the Vampire: the Masquerade game still, so I'll try and post some of that here too.

Bass player girl by tonton-jojo on DeviantArt

Plan for Week 1

Monday - Eat good, strength day.   Piano, bass and art.

Tuesday: Eat good, b-day dinner, maybe some post fam stuff creativity.

Wednesday: Eat good, strength day.  Guitar.  Game night with peeps.

Thursday: Eat good, 1/2 day, beat saber, music time, make dinner, Vampire game night.

Friday: Day off.  Eat good breakfast and light lunch (maybe the zoo?) 4pm Axe Throwing, 6pm Shabu Shabu!

Saturday: Get some exercise, eat good, make dinner (for Thursday left overs) to boot.

Sunday: Church, music, some hang outs, D&D

To Do Stuffs

Spoiler

Oil Change

Tire Rotation

Finish Dad/Daughter Pic

Research music recording software.

Research music notation software.

Look up theory classes to brush up on music theory.

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 3

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Just when I thought I couldn't like you any more than I already do, you put a bass clef in your challenge title. 

...which has led to the discovery that we have a treble clef emoji but not a bass clef one. I would like to lodge a formal complaint, @Tanktimus the Encourager

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

1 hour ago, Artemis Prime said:

Just when I thought I couldn't like you any more than I already do, you put a bass clef in your challenge title. 

...which has led to the discovery that we have a treble clef emoji but not a bass clef one. I would like to lodge a formal complaint, @Tanktimus the Encourager

We tried to find the base of the code to get the right emoji, but it was too much treble.

• Haha 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Recording: Logic. Great program, easy to use, pro quality, sadly only available for macs. I have used it for years with minimal hair pulling or screaming obscenities. Most artists like this one.

Pro Tools. Producers seem to prefer this one over Logic.

Notation: Finale or Sibelius. I have always used finale because I got it half price as a student years ago. The two are pretty much equivalent, just personal preference.

Have fun!

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Can't wait to see and hear your guitar!

Hopefully this week!

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Looking forward to guitar videos :) 

Sooon.  I've also got some dark Christmas carols I am working on for piano.  Advanced beginner mode lol.

22 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Sounds awesome! 😉

Thanks!   And Welcome!

10 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

To  be fair... I stole them off an alt code shortcut site I use frequently.

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We tried to find the base of the code to get the right emoji, but it was too much treble.

Class A stuff here.  I approve.

8 hours ago, Emma said:

Recording: Logic. Great program, easy to use, pro quality, sadly only available for macs. I have used it for years with minimal hair pulling or screaming obscenities. Most artists like this one.

Pro Tools. Producers seem to prefer this one over Logic.

Notation: Finale or Sibelius. I have always used finale because I got it half price as a student years ago. The two are pretty much equivalent, just personal preference.

Have fun!

Ooooh thanks for the tips!  @Keladris recommended Reaper for Windows pc.   And ya know... back in 1994, I used Finale at school for my theory projects lol.   I loved it.  But man I was hoping that (insert those many years) between then and now they had come up with something that did it all automatically.  Like pluck a string, and the note shows up!  (Does it?  I've no idea.)

Day 1 in the books.   Food okay!  Even tracked.  Well as much as I could guesstimate the delicious Turkey Ala King we had!    I got a strength day in.  An hour of piano, 30 minutes of guitar, then I started working on some print outs and laminating for my friends b-day gift.   I got him a custom storyteller screen and so printed out the tables for our current game (vampire) and laminated them, so he can magnet them to the inside of his nice wooden screen.    Now I am going to do an hour of art while watching or re-watching some streams hehe.

• Like 4

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You got me there. Complaint withdrawn.

• Like 2

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

20 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Ohh I want to see video! awesome that your siblings chipped in :)

I am hoping to get some attempts in on Thursday.   It will LOOK very pretty (the guitar) but I might have to super impose some other sound on it hahaha.

15 hours ago, obax said:

I'm excited for the dark christmas carols.

(This is the first time in a very long time I've used the words 'excited for' and 'christmas' in the same sentence (without the word 'not'). Are minor keys the secret to christmas cheer??)

Knowing 'your jam' as you like to say, I do believe this minor key transpose of the carols will be a great chance of bridging the gap for you.   I wish I could find the sheet music more easily; but I understand that the folks who do the work would like it to appear to be 'their thing' in the intertubz.    Slightly edgy Carol of the Bells is being worked on, so sooon!

14 hours ago, Qnobi said:

Another bass plunker following along!

Oh hi bass friend!    I only started in May and I'm not very far along yet.   The good news for me is I super understand rhythm already.   The bad news is ... FINGERS!  Aaaaghh!       Welcome aboard!~

WEDNESDAY - midweek updates.

Yesterday was my official bday and I came home to a delicious steak, baked potato and fresh broccoli dinner!   It was so lovely.   I also got a bit more spoiled than I should have been.    I got a capo for my guitars, a slick guitar stand (cue Waynes World quote about gun racks, lol), an extra tuner, and a hilarious sweatshirt that reads "Yes, I am cold" and under it in bible verse style reads, Me 24:7     -  Here's a pic of the stand!   With my Schecter on the left, my Ibanez short scale bass in the middle, and my acoustic, which is some weird off brand named Laurel Canyon, but I like how it sounds and I wanted to go with cheap for my first one lol.

I did not get any exercise in yesterday, and I only managed 30 minutes of guitar since we were celebrating.   I had a Starbucks espresso treat for lunch, and a slice of the cakes my nephews made me after dinner,  but otherwise did not pig out or go nuts.  I think it was a reasonable amount of 'over calories'  - but I also did not track as I really had no guesses on any of the cakes and stuff.     I spent the rest of the night playing the two Vampire the Masquerade video games that I have and that was fun.    Tonight, hopefully some bass, piano and art while video gaming with friends.   Multi-task much?  LOL

• Like 6

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

1 hour ago, MaeradCase said:

What are those? They sounds cool. 😳

The first one is an OLD game, from 2004!  It has rave reviews for the story line and replayability, but it is an ooold game, and that means its a bit outdated graphically, mechanically and lol, culturally.  Though World of Darkness as a theme still offers warning about content and such.   But it's Bloodlines.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2600/Vampire_The_Masquerade__Bloodlines/

The other is a visual novel, based off of newer 5e Vampire canon and lore.  Same kind of dark world business, and you mostly just read along the story and make a few choices.   Very much p lays like a choose your own adventure kind of novel.   Beautiful art, great style aesthetic and solid soundtrack.

Coteries of New York

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1096410/Vampire_The_Masquerade__Coteries_of_New_York/

If you're already familiar with WoD and V:tM, I find them quite enjoyable!  If that's a whole new genre for you, I'd recommend researching a bit of what to expect.   The world was built in the 90s (as a game system) and so it has a lot of the cultural trends of that day (though the newer game is a bit more toned down) but the intended theme is, ya know, the darkness of the world and all the nastiness that comes with it.

• Like 1

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

55 minutes ago, starpuck said:

If you're already familiar with WoD and V:tM, I find them quite enjoyable!  If that's a whole new genre for you, I'd recommend researching a bit of what to expect.   The world was built in the 90s (as a game system) and so it has a lot of the cultural trends of that day (though the newer game is a bit more toned down) but the intended theme is, ya know, the darkness of the world and all the nastiness that comes with it.

I'm familiar with Taliesin Jaffe... Does that count? 😂 I think I've seen glimpses of it, and I understand it's just as different from 5e D&D as Call of Cthulhu.

As for quality and mechanic aging, I recently played a Nancy Drew computer game. If I could endure those computed graphics, I think I can handle anything. 😂

6 minutes ago, MaeradCase said:

I'm familiar with Taliesin Jaffe... Does that count?

Hahaha yes.   So I've had a RL TTRPG group for um, 14 years now?  Normally it's D&D, but we started Vampire in June, and the last time I played it was in the 90s.   Long story short, I got SUPER into it again, and I started binging the WoD LA by Night streaming game.   Taliesien had a role in that on a few episodes.  GREAT character.   (Same clan as I am playing.)   I crammed all 5 seasons of LA by Night, plus the talk shows, plus am current on NY by Night both seasons.    For your reference.  😛  

f59f100df67643a5f5d87d267a6aa9a767ebf672

The big difference in WoD is that, oh huh, a search found me exactly what I wanted!  Their own content warning hehe.    For people unfamiliar, I feel it's important to really let them know it is not nearly as inclusive and good feeling as D&D is these days heh.   It's by design, as they state here.

Spoiler

For the past several decades, Vampire: The Masquerade has addressed the darkness in the real world through horror stories: it has talked about AIDS, capitalist exploitation, sexual predation, the resurgence of far-right political extremism, religious fanaticism, state and private surveillance, and many other issues. This version of the game does not shy away from any of the above, and we believe exploration of subjects like these is as valid in roleplaying games as it is in other media. Including a problematic subject in a Storytelling game is not the same as glorifying it, and if you take the chance to explore it critically, it can be the exact opposite. If we understand the problems facing us, we are better armed to fight them.

[Vampire’s fifth edition] includes in-world references and expressions of the following: sexual violence, political extremism, physical violence and gore, mind control, torture, abuse, imprisonment and kidnapping, racism, sexism, and homophobia, to name a few. It’s a game about monsters. ...

But it is only a game.

Don’t use it as an excuse to be a monster yourself.

• Wow 1

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

9 hours ago, starpuck said:

Hahaha yes.   So I've had a RL TTRPG group for um, 14 years now?  Normally it's D&D, but we started Vampire in June, and the last time I played it was in the 90s.   Long story short, I got SUPER into it again, and I started binging the WoD LA by Night streaming game.   Taliesien had a role in that on a few episodes.  GREAT character.   (Same clan as I am playing.)   I crammed all 5 seasons of LA by Night, plus the talk shows, plus am current on NY by Night both seasons.    For your reference.  😛  

f59f100df67643a5f5d87d267a6aa9a767ebf672

He's such a cool eldritch being. 😍

9 hours ago, starpuck said:

[Vampire’s fifth edition] includes in-world references and expressions of the following: sexual violence, political extremism, physical violence and gore, mind control, torture, abuse, imprisonment and kidnapping, racism, sexism, and homophobia, to name a few. It’s a game about monsters. ...

But it is only a game.

Don’t use it as an excuse to be a monster yourself.

This is a well thought out content warning label. There are a couple things in there that I am very uncomfortable with, but the conclusion does help with perspective.

Spoiler

Yeah.  At the table, I am playing with people I've known for years and gamed with for years.  There is trust and consideration between us.   It's not a game to play with rando's at a shop in my opinion.    The streaming content out there is professionally done, and the players/actors have all gone over their limits and safe zones and it doesn't showcase the dark themes, but they are present and reacted upon.     Actually, the system itself has a score called humanity.   Doing terrible things can result in a loss of humanity, and when a vampire loses all of it, they are gone completely and considered lost to the beast/monster within.   They are no longer playable.

Oookay!  And that's my review on the WoD and V:tM genre.   LOL

Today is a half day!    I get to go home and do fun things before gaming.    I did however, have a terrible food night last night.   I pigged out big time.   I am just in this mood where I am semi crabby short wicked want food mood lately.   DISLIKE.   I also skipped on the workout because I was feeling so dang bloated from breakfast.    I hope that this is not signs of .... The Change coming.   I feel like I am too young for that.   And also, not fun.     Tried to get some bass and guitar in and last night, they were both very off and not feeling great.    I know these days happen.   But off, with above mentioned mood, it was a bad mix.    I did have fun playing a rousing game of For the King with my nephew and friend.   Tomorrow is outing day, so I won't get much time on the internet, but I'll get some fun pics of axe throwing and shabu shabu!

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Sorry for the off day. Is this maybe a case of push through and do it anyway and you'll feel better bloat? Either way, yay for half days and fun things and birthday shenanigans! 

I have not heard of For the King, but it looks fun.

• Like 2

Okay, that was Nega_Week 1.  As in, it didn't happen lol.   Or,  more accurately, nothing was done.   I did not eat well, I did not exercise, even my music and art was on the short side.    I did however have a fantastic birthday week, so I am just going to dial everything in this week.

Tuesday was my home cooked steak dinner.  (there was potato and broccoli too but they are not so photogenic)

20221204_195855.jpg

I was also gifted an amazing guitar rack.  (Cue Waynes Worlds quotes now please.)  On Friday my axe throwing and shabu shabu outing was super awesome with my besties.  I also had breakfast out too.  I managed 4 bullseyes, but had more misses than sticks overall.  It was super fun and I want to do this again!  The ambiance of the place was super cool.

20221129_200108.jpg   20221202_171849.jpg  20221202_173654.jpg

20221202_183512.jpg

Strength⬜⬜

Move ⬜⬜⬜

Food ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜

Hide contents

🟩🟦🟧

• Like 4

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Happy Belated Birthday! Axe throwing seems like it would be fun to try.Though I'm a little nervous of throwing terribly off and chopping off someone's head.😮

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27