Paryl Respawns

Finally getting back into exercising!

I'm focusing on only that for the rest of the year, rather than adding nutrition in at this point as well - both because it is festive season and because I want to take it slowly for now.

Aiming to do workouts Monday to Friday with walks during the weekend.

M/W/F will be dumbbell work with a focus on unilateral exercises - shout-out to @GoldenTongue for the help with setting up that plan

Tu/Th will be TRX type work with a focus towards pulling/core/legs - I'm still working on refining this as it's my first time working with the TRX

Additionally, I'm working on the Ido Portal hanging challenge.

December 2022 Goals

1. Workout Monday - Friday
    1. December focuses on correcting form rather than increasing reps/weight
  2. Walks - Weekends
  3. 100 000 Steps total for the month
  4.  Hanging challenge
    1. Hang every day for 31 days
    2. Cumulatively hang for 7 minutes a day by end of month
    3. Improve cumulative hang time every day - even if just by a second
    4. Achieve a longest single hang of 30 seconds (possibly 45 - grip strength is limiting factor)
  5. Squat 6 days a week
    1. Focus not using assistance for pulling out of the squat rather than pushing out

I'm not sure where my fascination with squats come from - discovered this morning that I can do a decent bodyweight squat with TRX assistance - I like the idea of making 2023 the year of the squat and doing a different variation each month - we'll see how December goes - I still struggle to do a bodyweight squat unassisted due to (I think) ankle and hip mobility issues. As I get stronger and more mobile, I think it could be fun to play with different types of squats.

All in all, relatively small goals, but I believe that it is a good start while my back is not fully healed from a slightly bulging disc.

I'm feeling excited about achieving them, which is in itself a good start as well.

• Like 1