Consistency was something I really worked on when I got back to the forums lo back in 2015. Consistency will serve me well now. I'm making it a focus this challenge because there are many things upcoming that will disrupt routine and make consistency difficult.

I joined the YMCA in December, hoping to get acclimated to this particular gym and to get through initial DOMS before the resolutioners hit in January. This has been successful. A typical week looks like this:

No workout on Sunday but get steps (7k) in thanks to work

Lift on Monday

Walk on Tuesday

Lift on Wednesday

Focus on getting steps at work on Thursday and Friday

Rest Saturday.

Zero week and week 1 of this week are not typical.

Little Bit has been sick, and while we are hoping she gets over it soon, it is a variable. There is a family get together on the 28th, though that's in the evening. Also, Little Bit is home all week. If I can lift Monday and Wednesday, all is well and good. If I can't lift Monday, I'll shoot for Tuesday, and shift Wednesday's workout to Saturday. Same goes if I can lift Monday but Not Wednesday.

Week 1 Little Bit is off from day school on Monday But Sra. Tanque and I have to work. Coordinating care with my parents (driving there and back) may complicate matters, but I'll shoot for the same contingency plan as zero week.

The other variable is the New Years Resolution crowd all month long. I'm not avoiding the gym, but I am expecting to need some flexibility on my part for January while I'm at the gym.

So, the plan is lift days on Mondays and Wednesdays, Walks on Tuesdays, being active at work Sundays, Thursdays and Fridays, and using Saturday as a catch-up day if needed.

• Like 21

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The other variable is the New Years Resolution crowd all month long. I'm not avoiding the gym, but I am expecting to need some flexibility on my part for January while I'm at the gym.

If you can get in after 9:30 PM, you should be able to avoid that crowd pretty easily. There will still be a couple more people than normal, but nowhere near as bad as the late afternoon/early-evening time slots are.

• Like 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2023

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41

Your consistency is always an inspiration, man, and something I need to learn from.  Can't wait to see what the new year brings you!

• Like 1

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

Solid approach to a solid plan!

I like this for you.

But then, you knew I would :) 

Good thoughts for visiting and a smooth rebound from the illness for Little Bit.

The resolutioners always make my Y chaos for the first few weeks as well, and I forget that there are that many people who live in town, let alone go to the gym at 6 in the morning! I try and remember to be thankful for them — they do the financial heavy lifting that keeps the monthly rate as low as it is, and then disappear back into the woodwork by equinox.

Looking forward to cheering you on.

❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

If you can get in after 9:30 PM, you should be able to avoid that crowd pretty easily. There will still be a couple more people than normal, but nowhere near as bad as the late afternoon/early-evening time slots are.

That's a little late for me, I'm a 9 in the morning kind of guy for workouts.

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

You've thought of everything! I love it!  I'm rooting for Lil' B to recover quickly, and hope you and yours have a healthy new year. 

I don't know if I thought of everything, I'm mainly trying to get into problem solving mode so I get the workouts in even if a wrench gets thrown into the plan.

1 hour ago, Knightwatch said:

Your consistency is always an inspiration, man, and something I need to learn from.  Can't wait to see what the new year brings you!

Thanks, I appreciate it.

49 minutes ago, Heidi said:

Solid approach to a solid plan!

I like this for you.

But then, you knew I would :) 

Good thoughts for visiting and a smooth rebound from the illness for Little Bit.

The resolutioners always make my Y chaos for the first few weeks as well, and I forget that there are that many people who live in town, let alone go to the gym at 6 in the morning! I try and remember to be thankful for them — they do the financial heavy lifting that keeps the monthly rate as low as it is, and then disappear back into the woodwork by equinox.

Looking forward to cheering you on.

❤️ 

Glad to have you here.

20 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Here to cheer you on! 😁

Welcome!

• Like 4

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Consistency will serve me well now.

I recall someone saying not so long ago that he struggled with consistency when it came to pot roast, and I have been hoping ever since that that'd make the rotation...

burnt ends big food bucket list GIF by Food Network Canada

Planning for disruption is wise planning.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

I was always glad that the resolutioners didn't generally go in at 5am when I was at the gym...

Now I'm thankful I have the items I use in house because gym's are quite a drive.

Love how you're planning and allowing for variables to ensure  you're consistent!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Wrestles her demons 

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 75

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Great stuff. Health and strength to Little Bit! 

• Like 1

“To see that your life is a story while you're in the middle of living it may be a help to living it well."

-Ursula K. Le Guin

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, SimplePooh, Timebox, NaNoWriMo

16 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I recall someone saying not so long ago that he struggled with consistency when it came to pot roast, and I have been hoping ever since that that'd make the rotation...

burnt ends big food bucket list GIF by Food Network Canada

Planning for disruption is wise planning.

A big variable in good roast beef is high quality meet, and that is expensive right now. You may or may not see one this challenge.

7 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Okay, I amend my statement. You've thought of everything to the point I have no notes for you. ☺️

Ahh, the simple satisfaction of pedantry. 

5 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Merry post-Christmas, Tank!! Here to follow - I love these goals!

Welcome! I'm glad you are here.

4 hours ago, RES said:

I was always glad that the resolutioners didn't generally go in at 5am when I was at the gym...

Now I'm thankful I have the items I use in house because gym's are quite a drive.

Love how you're planning and allowing for variables to ensure  you're consistent!

Thanks, flexibility is an unsung hero when it comes to consistency.

2 hours ago, Gemma said:

Great stuff. Health and strength to Little Bit! 

Thank you.

Today is a a day. I rightfully decided not to gym today, as coming in to work meant Sra. Tanque would have little Bit all to herself for some time today, and I was not going to leave them alone together when I didn't have to. Little Bit is fussy and demanding when the fever is present, and wanting a LOT of attention when it isn't, so I'll gym tomorrow when I can be home all day and let Sra. Tanque have some time alone. Sra. Tanque also needed to process some feels, so it's doubly good I was home. She did get out to the pharmacy for more OTC stuff after lunch, which was turkey sandwiches. I'm not a huge fan of turkey, but I do like leftover turkey sandwiches. It's the only time I go crazy with mayo.

• Like 12

Current Challenge

Solid plan. Hope Little Bit feels better soon.

• Thanks 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Resets

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild Heart

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Pro Wrestling Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 12/26/2022 at 1:47 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

So, the plan is lift days on Mondays and Wednesdays, Walks on Tuesdays, being active at work Sundays, Thursdays and Fridays, and using Saturday as a catch-up day if needed.

Solid plan! 

Sorry you had to cancel Christmas plans. I hope you get some good quality family time in soon! Give Sra. Tanque an extra hug or 50 from us also? And a couple for yourself 😘

• Like 1

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

2023 goals tracker; 206,7/5000km & reading to my kids 16/365 days (updated jan-20)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

On 12/26/2022 at 5:28 PM, WolfDreamer said:

Solid plan. Hope Little Bit feels better soon.

Thanks.

23 hours ago, fleaball said:

Pro Wrestling Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

That, is an image with things occuring.

11 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Solid plan! 

Sorry you had to cancel Christmas plans. I hope you get some good quality family time in soon! Give Sra. Tanque an extra hug or 50 from us also? And a couple for yourself 😘

Thank you, that helps.

Today is better. We got Little Bit an appointment at her doctor's office. She has a common cold, an adenovirus, and an ear infection, likely due to drainage from the cold. We got an antibiotic to treat the ear infection and are continuing ibuprofen and tylenol to mitigate the symptoms of the cold. We are letting family come over tomorrow so we can see them. My parents will come around noon, Sra. Tanque's parents, and her brother and his family will come over for dinner. Little Bit's day school doesn't start again till Tuesday next week, and we are hoping she will be better by then. I will go to the gym tomorrow and Saturday. We have leftovers in the fridge, which is beneficial cause I don't feel like cooking.

• Like 13

Current Challenge

Sorry to hear Lil Bit is still not feeling good, but yay for answers. Hopefully the antibiotics help soon! 

• Thanks 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger:  Volume One: Wintering

Winter Goals: Read by candlelight 10 times (5/10), Read The Ranger's Apprentice, Book 1 and Book 2, Re-read The Fellowship of the Ring (in progress), The Two Towers and The Return of the King, Watch all 3 Hobbit films (1/3), Watch all 3 LOTR films (1/3), See doc about leg pain (in progress), see doc about sinuses, Be able to run 1 mile without pain, finish knitting cardigan, repair jeans, plan and sew one project to completion, Finish Masters chapter 2, Read stock book, Plan Spring/Summer Adventures 2023, Start writing again, Reach at least 77kg by March 20.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

7 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Sorry to hear Lil Bit is still not feeling good, but yay for answers. Hopefully the antibiotics help soon! 

Thank you.

I intended to go to the gym this morning. Little Bit was up in the night a lot so I slept late. She did not have a fever this morning! She did feel a little pitiful but perked up with just tylenol. We are still giving the antibiotics and things to treat the runny nose.

• Like 8

Current Challenge

Catching up and tagging in.  Here here!

Glad to hear Lil Bit is just facing typical childhood germs and stuff.  Hope she mends fast now that she's got some help and you got some answers.

Great plan on the plan!      I too am doing some lifts and some moves.

• Like 1

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Starting the year off with some smart planning!  Following! 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Good vibes coming your way for the gym time and for healing through the feels. Being sick takes an emotional toll as well as the physical. 

Super glad you guys have leftovers, antibiotics, and Tylenol. 

❤️ 

• Like 3

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

19 hours ago, starpuck said:

Catching up and tagging in.  Here here!

Glad to hear Lil Bit is just facing typical childhood germs and stuff.  Hope she mends fast now that she's got some help and you got some answers.

Great plan on the plan!      I too am doing some lifts and some moves.

Welcome, I'm glad we have an answer too.

15 hours ago, Shello said:

Starting the year off with some smart planning!  Following! 

Welcome.

14 hours ago, deftona said:

Following along and hoping Little Bit feels better soon! 

I hope so too.

12 hours ago, Heidi said:

Good vibes coming your way for the gym time and for healing through the feels. Being sick takes an emotional toll as well as the physical. 

Super glad you guys have leftovers, antibiotics, and Tylenol. 

❤️ 

We are glad too.

Yesterday turned out well. Never got to the gym, I felt like I was fighting something off. Woke up today feeling OK, so I hope I'm in the clear. The thought occurs to me that if I was fighting something off the gym would have been unwise.

My parents came over to bring Little Bit her gifts and see us, and that was good. Sra. Tanque's family came over for dinner.  I got a pre cooked ham and instead of heating it in the microwave I heated it in my pellet smoker, that kept the oven open, was fun to play with the smoker, and gave a good smokey flavor to the ham. Everyone contributed to the sides. 

Little Bit never popped a fever, but she didn't  nap so she was fussy at bedtime. Her nose was still runny. Because of the congestion when she sleeps she does a cute little snore that's right our of the cartoons, schaaaw-shoooo kind of thing. I didn't know people could snore like that in real life.

Back to work for me today, but since it's just me I have breakfast to myself and time to write a post to cover yesterday..

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge

52 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Because of the congestion when she sleeps she does a cute little snore that's right our of the cartoons, schaaaw-shoooo kind of thing. I didn't know people could snore like that in real life.

Wake Up Hello GIF by Fleischer Studios

Glad she's on the mend, hopefully you're not coming down with whatever she had!

Leftovers>cooking

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Wrestles her demons 

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 75

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda