Consistency isn't the Boss Battle, it's the experience grind along the way which enables us to tackle any boss we find ourselves up against.  B) 

EDIT:  Mmhmm, that's a mighty fine Page 2 post, I've got to say.

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 2

[Level ??] Rurik, Hexbane Lion

Class: Tarnished Knight-Errant (Blood Hunter/Champion)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment: School of the Wolf armor, Wolven steel sword & Deargdaith silver blade, adventurer's pack with alchemist's kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

7 hours ago, RES said:

Wake Up Hello GIF by Fleischer Studios

Glad she's on the mend, hopefully you're not coming down with whatever she had!

Leftovers>cooking

I hope not, today is better than yesterday, and I'm at work and walking around more.

9 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Consistency isn't the Boss Battle, it's the experience grind along the way which enables us to tackle any boss we find ourselves up against.  B) 

EDIT:  Mmhmm, that's a mighty fine Page 2 post, I've got to say.

Exactly. Consistency is the most important part of any health and fitness plan. Also, glad to have you here.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

36 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Also, glad to have you here.

lotr-theoden.gif

• That's Metal 4

[Level ??] Rurik, Hexbane Lion

Class: Tarnished Knight-Errant (Blood Hunter/Champion)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment: School of the Wolf armor, Wolven steel sword & Deargdaith silver blade, adventurer's pack with alchemist's kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Following along, though I sincerely don't that I will achieve your level of consistency whilst doing so.

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 12  -  CON: 10  -  CHA: 3  -  SAN: 7  -  INT: 11

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Bringing the party together

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

5 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

lotr-theoden.gif

gimli-yes.gif

4 hours ago, Jarric said:

Following along, though I sincerely don't that I will achieve your level of consistency whilst doing so.

Kindly sincerely do that you will achieve consistency.

Today is a good day. Work was easy. I got over 7k steps. Little Bit had an epic meltdown when I got home (she had a late nap and got woken out of it rather than allowed to wake on her own). It triggered depression symptoms in me. Little Bit was just acting like a toddler, I just wasn't prepared for the meltdown. It took me longer to feel better than it did her. She finally calmed down when she got in my truck to go get pizza. She ate 4 slices of large pizza minus the crusts. It's safe to say she got her appetite back. She started acting like herself too. I take it as a sign she's getting better.

• Like 11

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. Work was easy. I got over 7k steps. Little Bit had an epic meltdown when I got home (she had a late nap and got woken out of it rather than allowed to wake on her own). It triggered depression symptoms in me. Little Bit was just acting like a toddler, I just wasn't prepared for the meltdown. It took me longer to feel better than it did her. She finally calmed down when she got in my truck to go get pizza. She ate 4 slices of large pizza minus the crusts. It's safe to say she got her appetite back. She started acting like herself too. I take it as a sign she's getting better.

I'm glad she's feeling better! 

And not sure if it helps, but I've been there and felt like that and it's hard. It's great that you're able to articulate where it was coming from, that does help. And that you still saw it as a good day :)

• Thanks 1

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

2023 goals tracker; 206,7/5000km & reading to my kids 16/365 days (updated jan-20)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

22 hours ago, Kishi said:

Season 8 Hug GIF by One Chicago

Steady on, man.

Thank you. It's always a good day for a BroHug.

14 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I'm glad she's feeling better! 

And not sure if it helps, but I've been there and felt like that and it's hard. It's great that you're able to articulate where it was coming from, that does help. And that you still saw it as a good day :)

Thank you, it does help to hear you've been there.

Today is a good day. Work was easy. Still feeling some depression symptoms, but able to roll with them. Got disproportionately upset about something at work, but was able to recognize the response as aberrant and process it with my boss. It was only mildly out of the ordinary, the intensity of the reaction is likely due to old resentments I didn't know were still there, the episode from yesterday, not having worked out this week, just the emotional urrgh from Little Bit being sick this week, more emotional ick due to our routines being out of whack and not getting back to "normal" till Wednesday of next week. My boss helped me process, he's a treasure. Felt it some on the way home, didn't want to, cook, felt inclined to beat myself up for not cooking when I went to Whataburger to get dinner for the family. Decided to reframe; despite depression symptoms I showered and groomed myself (including trimming my beard in the morning), identified how I was feeling and why, accepted the situation as it was and adapted, and got food. That's the perspective I'll choose to remember.

• Like 17

Current Challenge

53 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Decided to reframe; despite depression symptoms I showered and groomed myself (including trimming my beard in the morning), identified how I was feeling and why, accepted the situation as it was and adapted, and got food.

Sometimes the mediocre to bad days are more useful than the good ones, because we practice the harder but useful skills like this.

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

We actually ate at Whataburger  twice this weekend. After hearing you talking about it, it was fun to eat there. Burgers were good. The burger patty was big, which is nice since so many fast food places have super thin patties. I also had the chicken burger, it was really tasty. Mr. Incredible gave a thumbs up on the milk shake.

• That's Metal 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Poor little bit has had it all! I hope she has a nice long stretch of perfect health soon. And I'm impressed that you can identify the aberrant feelings and take steps to address them. That's something I've only been learning to do recently--for so long I thought the anxious and depressive thoughts were objective reflections of *something* and that they needed to be refuted in civil conversation rather than chopped off at the knees without mercy.

• Like 3

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

We actually ate at Whataburger  twice this weekend. After hearing you talking about it, it was fun to eat there. Burgers were good. The burger patty was big, which is nice since so many fast food places have super thin patties. I also had the chicken burger, it was really tasty. Mr. Incredible gave a thumbs up on the milk shake.

The chili cheese burger is good, as is the avocado bacon burger, and the #5, which isbthe classic bacon cheeseburger. 

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

Poor little bit has had it all! I hope she has a nice long stretch of perfect health soon. And I'm impressed that you can identify the aberrant feelings and take steps to address them. That's something I've only been learning to do recently--for so long I thought the anxious and depressive thoughts were objective reflections of *something* and that they needed to be refuted in civil conversation rather than chopped off at the knees without mercy.

I'm 41, and I've been able to do this maaayyybeeee the last three years or so, and only from a combo of therapy for me and hearing myself say these things to other people.

• Like 8

Current Challenge

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

hearing myself say these things to other people.

Sometimes that really annoys me when I say stuff to people in coaching sessions that I know I ought to listen to myself x) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2023 goals tracker; 206,7/5000km & reading to my kids 16/365 days (updated jan-20)

16 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Sometimes that really annoys me when I say stuff to people in coaching sessions that I know I ought to listen to myself x) 

If you notice a theme in things you tell people, especially if it's similar from person to person, guess what you might need to be working on for yourself. 

• Like 6

Current Challenge

6 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If you notice a theme in things you tell people, especially if it's similar from person to person, guess what you might need to be working on for yourself. 

Um... so... if I find myself wanting to tell a lot of people that they're annoying and stupid....? 

• Haha 2

The Great Reading Thread of 2023

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

Um... so... if I find myself wanting to tell a lot of people that they're annoying and stupid....? 

But you aren't actually telling them so you're OK. It only counts if you're trying to help people that can actually be helped, and then say it out loud.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

6 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

But you aren't actually telling them so you're OK. It only counts if you're trying to help people that can actually be helped, and then say it out loud.

Aaah. For a moment there I was worried I might be annoying 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Great Reading Thread of 2023

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41

5 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Aaah. For a moment there I was worried I might be annoying 😛 

If you have the capacity to worry you are annoying it lessens the chances of being annoying.

Today is a good day. We took down Christmas decorations (we normally wait till New Years Day but tomorrow is church and I'm working the evening shift). I actually cooked at lunch despite not wanting to, that is a win. In the afternoon we went to a furniture store and bought a bed frame and nightstands. This is a big deal for us. We've been on a cheap metal bed frame we bought from amazon since we got married five years ago. We wanted to get a queen version of the set Sra. Tanque already had, but they discontinued it the year after we got married when we could think about buying one. We found a very similar version from another store, and it was on sale, and we could afford it. We get it delivered next week. We are very excited. 

We also had dinner with @Elastigirl and Mr. Incredible, they are in town for the Alamobowl. We're getting together with them for church tomorrow too. They are a lot of fun. She took the picture, so we'll have to wait for her to post it. I might take a picture on my phone tomorrow at church. We had never got to meet them before today, so it was a blast. Little Bit didn't get a nap today, so we wisely called it a night after dinner to get her home before a meltdown, which we were able to do. She started snoring right before we turned into our driveway.

Happy New Year everyone!

• Like 14

Current Challenge

It was fun getting to see you all too!  Little Bit was adorable. It was good that you were attuned to her and ready to head outside and go home when she was tired.

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Really glad Little Bit is feeling better and yay for Ranger meet-ups! Happy new year :)

• Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger:  Volume One: Wintering

Winter Goals: Read by candlelight 10 times (5/10), Read The Ranger's Apprentice, Book 1 and Book 2, Re-read The Fellowship of the Ring (in progress), The Two Towers and The Return of the King, Watch all 3 Hobbit films (1/3), Watch all 3 LOTR films (1/3), See doc about leg pain (in progress), see doc about sinuses, Be able to run 1 mile without pain, finish knitting cardigan, repair jeans, plan and sew one project to completion, Finish Masters chapter 2, Read stock book, Plan Spring/Summer Adventures 2023, Start writing again, Reach at least 77kg by March 20.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

It was fun getting to see you all too!  Little Bit was adorable. It was good that you were attuned to her and ready to head outside and go home when she was tired.

Thanks, so glad we got to go to church together too. You are probably on the boring part* of the trip back to the Houston airport as I type, hope all your flights are easy.

*This comprises the part of the trip from the beginning till you turn in the car rental at the airport in Houston.

9 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Really glad Little Bit is feeling better and yay for Ranger meet-ups! Happy new year :)

Ranger meetups are always fun.

9 hours ago, Harriet said:

Happy new bed! Happy new year! Happiness! Newness!

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Maggie-Miau said:

Happy 2023, Sir Tank! ❤️ 

Merry New Year to you too.

Happy 2023 everyone! Today is a good day. The sun is shining, the breeze is cool and crisp, church was really good, and I am at work and in a good mood about it. Elastigirl and Mr. Incredible joined us again for church then lunch. It was good to spend more time together. Little Bit seems to be feeling really well, and I am starting to do so as well. She had a meltedown as we left lunch cause we didn't save her leftovers, but it was short lived. I also understood the reason she was upset, which helped me have a good attitude about it. She perked up fast as we distracted her and was in a great mood when I left for work. 

• Like 11

Current Challenge

Happy new year Tank!

So cool you guys got to spend time together! And I imagine going to church together is extra special :)

On 12/31/2022 at 8:17 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I am painfully aware ;)

No, it's fine. Some things will probably be a theme for the rest of ours lives, right. 

• Like 3