3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That looks very inviting! 

It feels even better than it looks :) 

2 hours ago, Kishi said:

Aah, gotta hate it when you're down and everything and everyone needs you to be up. :( Feel better soon!

Thanks, a micronap turned things around.

montypython-igotbetter.gif

I slept a bit on the living room floor and perked up. Sra. Tanque did the same.

I ended up cooking dinner.

My FIL gave me a carbon steel wok for Christmas, today was it's shakedown cruise. I put some sesame oil in it and cooked some stir fry beef with some sliced red bell pepper, sliced red onion, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger paste, and garlic. When it was done I added some steamed broccoli, hoisin sauce, and some cornstarch dissolved into a cup of beef broth. I added that and let it cook while the rice cooked. It was very good.

• Like 11

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

The bed and end tables are lovely!

I hope this translates into many smiles and good sleeps.

I hear you about the family vs. individual plan prices. Ask about the financial plan at your Y — the “qualifying limit” here is shockingly high, and just about everyone in town makes the cut — it ended up giving us a percentage off not only the monthly fee (which was nice), but also the programs as well (like summer camp, swim lessons, etc) and was a true blessing during my master’s work.

Hooray for naps!

I took one too. :) 

• Like 1

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

Congratulations on the new bed! I realized far too late in life that a good bed is an investment in our physical wellbeing, and an investment well worth making.  I hope you are able to sleep very well and restfully in your new bed. :)

• Like 3

The Great Reading Thread of 2023

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41

On 1/4/2023 at 2:26 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I cooked some chopped chicken thighs with a bit of salt and pepper, and more than a bit of Italian seasoning. When it was done I added a drained jar of julienned sun-dried tomatoes, some chopped spinach, some water, and some cream cheese. I stirred that together till the cream cheese was melted and incorporated. I put it in a casserole dish and topped it with a mixture of panko bread crumbs, parmesan, italian seasoning, and a tablespoon of olive oil. That went under the broiler for a couple of minutes and was amazing. I served it with a salad kit. 

This sounds great; I might have to make a version of it this week.

On 1/4/2023 at 2:26 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I put little Bit to bed, and she had a meltdown that I was completely unfussed about. Compare this to last week when she triggered depression symptoms with a meltdown. Contrast last week with this one; I have worked out again, Little Bit is not sick, and the sun is shining during the day. This stuff matters. I feel great and am glad yet again I'm at the gym and powerlifting again.

When you're burned out, the little things really do feel like major things. They're like the straw that broke the camel's back. It's excellent that having got past the big stuff that you can recognise how differently you're dealing with the same stimulus.

• Like 3

Level 18 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 12  -  CON: 10  -  CHA: 3  -  SAN: 7  -  INT: 11

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Bringing the party together

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

20 hours ago, Heidi said:

The bed and end tables are lovely!

I hope this translates into many smiles and good sleeps.

I hear you about the family vs. individual plan prices. Ask about the financial plan at your Y — the “qualifying limit” here is shockingly high, and just about everyone in town makes the cut — it ended up giving us a percentage off not only the monthly fee (which was nice), but also the programs as well (like summer camp, swim lessons, etc) and was a true blessing during my master’s work.

Hooray for naps!

I took one too. :) 

Sleep is good. See below. I might look into the assistance levels.

17 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Congratulations on the new bed! I realized far too late in life that a good bed is an investment in our physical wellbeing, and an investment well worth making.  I hope you are able to sleep very well and restfully in your new bed. :)

We are so far. Good stuff is worth paying for.

14 hours ago, Jarric said:

This sounds great; I might have to make a version of it this week.

When you're burned out, the little things really do feel like major things. They're like the straw that broke the camel's back. It's excellent that having got past the big stuff that you can recognise how differently you're dealing with the same stimulus.

I feel like the last two years was about burnout recovery for me.

9 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I feel you on the tiredness. I'm glad your floor nap helped. The new bed looks great! I like your bedding too!

We have a matching curtain that goes with the bedding, and even the shower curtain is part of the set.

6 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

That bed set looks lovely!

Thanks, we are surely enjoying it.

The only thing not new with the bed is the mattress and the sheets and comforter. A new foundation made the mattress better than its ever been. We both felt better waking up than we had in a while, it's good on our backs. Church was good. 

For lunch I roasted broccoli and butternut squash, the protein was sausage with bacon jam. It was really good.

• Like 10

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

It does take a long time to recover from burnout, especially when tiring shit keeps happening. ❤️  You're doing an amazing job of it.

Thank you. You are too.

Gym report. All units in pounds

Spoiler

Warm up   check ✔️ 

Squats 

1 x 5 @ 45

4 x 5 @ 55

Kettlebell Halos

8 ea side with 25 lb bell

KB OHP 

2 x 10 each arm @ 25

1 x 10 each arm @ 30

KB bent over rows

3 x 8 ea arm @ 30

Stretch ✔️ 

• Like 10
  • That's Metal 3

Current Challenge

The bedspread looks lovely! And yay for helpful floor naps! :)

Sunrunner | LVL 4* 105/195 (54%)

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

Books in Progress: Just as I am (5%)

Inktober52 | 2023 Books completed:

Spoiler

Roadmaps: 2023 | Previous Challenges: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Gym report. All units in pounds

Everyone out here commenting on the bedset (which looks awesome, btw) but I'm here for the #GymWins!  Great job getting back and keeping at it, brother 💪

• Like 3

[Level ??] Rurik, the Hexbane 

Class: Witcher (Blood Hunter/Ranger)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment: School of the Wolf armor, Wolven steel sword & Deargdaith silver blade, adventurer's pack with alchemist's kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

1 hour ago, Asha Phoenix said:

The bedspread looks lovely! And yay for helpful floor naps! :)

Thanks. We bought that bedspread when we got married, it's held up well for 5.5 years.

27 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Everyone out here commenting on the bedset (which looks awesome, btw) but I'm here for the #GymWins!  Great job getting back and keeping at it, brother 💪

It feels like old times powerlifting again, except this time I have better warmups, better accessory lifts, better understanding of my lifting cues, and better form. Also the real gym with the sauna is a huge bonus. I'll tell you though, I had really missed you being on the forums regularly. It's so good having you here again.

7 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I’m gonna go work out now too. You’re being all inspirational and shit. stephen colbert sc GIF

I am the encourager after all.

Today is a good day. Came home from the gym and sat for a bit, then made lunch. I sauteed some spinach with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion  powder, and apple cider vinegar. I also cooked some chopped pork chops with salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar. When that was done I removed it from the pan and put in two sliced shallots and some chopped pistachios. I cooked those for a while, added garlic for the last half minute, took it off the fire then added parsley and balsamic vinegar. That went over the pork. I also had some mashed potatoes. It was amazing. In a good mood here for work.

• Like 10

Current Challenge

On 1/7/2023 at 7:11 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I slept a bit on the living room floor and perked up. Sra. Tanque did the same.

Man that could have been an alarming sight to walk in.  "*GASP*   Check for carbon monoxide!!!"

The bed looks HUGE.   I still rock the twin size bed because I am smol, single and like to have space in my room for dancing haha.  Someday I will have a bed like that and sleep diagonal!

• Like 2

Level 80 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It feels like old times powerlifting again, except this time I have better warmups, better accessory lifts, better understanding of my lifting cues, and better form.

:) and it does make me a little happy to see KBs being used ;)

On 1/9/2023 at 12:54 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I feel like the last two years was about burnout recovery for me.

I also feel like it is at least 100% more likely to get burned out when there is a baby around. Bright side is that the recovery and the learning process etc probably teaches skills for life that also make you a better parent? 

• Like 1

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

2023 goals tracker; 206,7/5000km & reading to my kids 16/365 days (updated jan-20)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

On 1/9/2023 at 4:18 PM, starpuck said:

Man that could have been an alarming sight to walk in.  "*GASP*   Check for carbon monoxide!!!"

The bed looks HUGE.   I still rock the twin size bed because I am smol, single and like to have space in my room for dancing haha.  Someday I will have a bed like that and sleep diagonal!

Little bit's running around was sufficient to allay any CO poisoning fears. The bed is only a queen, but to a lifelong twin user it would be big.

15 hours ago, Terah said:

Yay for naps! And the food sounds amazing 

It was.

5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

:) and it does make me a little happy to see KBs being used ;)

I also feel like it is at least 100% more likely to get burned out when there is a baby around. Bright side is that the recovery and the learning process etc probably teaches skills for life that also make you a better parent? 

I like what KB OHP does for my deltoid and what Halos do for my traps. I hope to grow each day as a parent. 

Today is a good day. I went for a walk on the trails and got two miles in. I took it easy today otherwise. I did not cook, we got breakfast tacos for dinner. 

• Like 8

Current Challenge

Today is a good day.  After the gym I came home and emptied the dishwasher and made and ate lunch (eggs potatoes and sausage). I got groceries too. Dinner was very good. I seasoned salmon with salt, pepper, and juice from a Cara Cara orange. I cooked the salmon in ghee in my cast iron. I got the skin good and crisp. I topped it with a gremolata made from parsley, lemon zest, minced garlic, chopped pistachios, and avocado oil.  For a side I steamed some green beans and dressed them with orange zest, juice from the orange,  avocado oil, salt and pepper. It was all amazing. 

• Like 11

Current Challenge

Pistachios always seem so fancy to me. It's what all adults seemed to eat at parties when I was a child. Also white wine and saltine crackers for some reason, possibly because there was something fancy like pate (sorry, cannot spell it... can Ai tempt you with patäe, though?) So fancy to nibble on things before dinner and then be not hungry for dinner. Then no one can judge the quality of my cooking. What? Anyway, I'm glad you're getting to the gym and having some delicious eats (iron and cast iron).

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

8 hours ago, Harriet said:

Pistachios always seem so fancy to me. It's what all adults seemed to eat at parties when I was a child. Also white wine and saltine crackers for some reason, possibly because there was something fancy like pate (sorry, cannot spell it... can Ai tempt you with patäe, though?) So fancy to nibble on things before dinner and then be not hungry for dinner. Then no one can judge the quality of my cooking. What? Anyway, I'm glad you're getting to the gym and having some delicious eats (iron and cast iron).

I remember when Pistachio ice cream was all the rage. I liked the flavor but didn't like nuts when I was a kid, but I've had it again as an adult and really liked it. Pistachios are just very good.

Today is a good day. Work was good, but I was tired (a toddler woke us in the night). I did get steps in. Dinner was good. 

Last night I put chicken thighs in a crock pot and seasoned them with salt and pepper. I covered them with chopped onions. I covered them with diced tomatoes that had Italian Herbs. I covered that with a mixture of one cup chicken broth and 6 ounces of tomato paste. I left the crockpot in the fridge overnight and this morning turned it on low with 8 hours on the timer. Today I roasted baby carrots with salt, pepper, olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, and onion powder at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. While that was roasting I spiralized 3 zucchini with the help of Little Bit who turned the handle on the spiralizer. I cooked the zoodles in coconut oil with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian Seasoning. It was very good.

• Like 10

Current Challenge

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

While that was roasting I spiralized 3 zucchini with the help of Little Bit who turned the handle on the spiralizer.

:)

Pistachio ice cream is one of those hit and miss things, sometimes it tastes amazing, sometimes it tastes like crap. I'm guessing it has everything to do with how many real pistachios were used in the making of. 

• Like 2

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

2023 goals tracker; 206,7/5000km & reading to my kids 16/365 days (updated jan-20)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. 

I like seeing this multiple days a week now, almost like it's a mantra.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Hexbane 

Class: Witcher (Blood Hunter/Ranger)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment: School of the Wolf armor, Wolven steel sword & Deargdaith silver blade, adventurer's pack with alchemist's kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager