19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. Work was good and calm. I already have 7.5 k steps for the day. Traffic was heavy on the way home so o was later than normal. I made am easy dinner.

Baby spinach in the bottom of the bowl, shredded rotisserie chicken next, chopped almonds next, chopped apple next, homemade vinaigrette* last.

*60 ml** olive oil

60 ml lemon juice

30 ml honey

15 ml dried thyme

15 ml mustard

Salt and pepper,

Mix

**I never listed stuff in metric on here before.

I... I can understand. I know how much volume each of those are! I - I don't need to google it! 

Damn, sounds awesome. I am adding this to my 'Learn to make food' list :D 

• Like 5

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger:  Volume One: Wintering

Winter Goals: Read by candlelight 10 times (5/10), Read The Ranger's Apprentice, Book 1 and Book 2, Re-read The Fellowship of the Ring (in progress), The Two Towers and The Return of the King, Watch all 3 Hobbit films (1/3), Watch all 3 LOTR films (1/3), See doc about leg pain (in progress), see doc about sinuses, Be able to run 1 mile without pain, finish knitting cardigan, repair jeans, plan and sew one project to completion, Finish Masters chapter 2, Read stock book, Plan Spring/Summer Adventures 2023, Start writing again, Reach at least 77kg by March 20.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

21 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

This sounds like a good, easy meal!

It really was.

8 hours ago, Harriet said:

It's very beautiful.

Glad you like it.

8 hours ago, Heidi said:

Can confirm, especially about the un-lose part.

So much great stuff, especailly loving the gym reports. You are encouraging me from across the ether. Thank you, friend.

❤️ 

You're welcome. I'm glad you are finding hope here.

3 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

I... I can understand. I know how much volume each of those are! I - I don't need to google it! 

Damn, sounds awesome. I am adding this to my 'Learn to make food' list :D 

I hope you enjoy it.

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Metric works for me too. All my measuring cups have both 😁

I actually convert tbsp to cups by running it through metric first.

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

Finally something makes sense here ;) 

Don't get used to it :P 

today is a good day. Work was nice and calm. Last night I prepped the crock pot by taking a grass-fed and finished chuck roast and cutting it into big (2 in or 5 cm) chunks. I put it in a crock pot with cubed sweet potatoes (2 lbs, or 32 ounces, or .9 kg) and a sliced onion. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, cinnamon, smoked paprika, and cumin. I also added a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes and some tomato paste (6 ounces) dissolved in beef broth (I eyeballed that part, and eyeball has a 1:1 conversion ratio between metric and Freedom Units). It cooked this morning for 6 hours. I also cut up some almonds, and some big green olives (not stuffed) and mixed them in with raisins and a hint of avocado oil and honey.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

38 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Wait a minute. You're from Texas.

Don't they sic the Secret Police on people down there for using metric?

I mean, cool if they don't, I just don't want you getting in trouble.

Y'all means all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Yesterday was good. We sat around, really only did Laundry and put it away. I cooked, but it was only just ok, not worth writing about.

Today is good too. Church was good, and lunch was good.

I cut up four red pears and sliced a red onion. I put that on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and tossed it with dried rosemary, olive oil, and honey. I also put down some chicken thighs and drizzled them with olive oil and sprinkled them with salt and pepper. I put them in a 425 degree oven for 18 minutes. When the timer went off, I turned on the broiler. When the temp sensor went off I set the timer for three minutes. It all came out very tasty. I also cooked a couple of sliced bell peppers in some avocado oil with a bit of salt, some balsamic vinegar, and some honey. That was good as well.

• Like 8

Current Challenge

18 minutes ago, Tateman said:

Very nice gym session :D When I get myself back to working out, I need to make sure to have that after stretch routine in. Do you follow anything specific for stretches, or just stuff you found you liked doing?

I did NF Yoga for long enough to know what stretches help. I for sure do forward fold and squat hold every time. I stretch out my quads with a low lunge on squat days. I usually do butterfly pose, then either fire log or pigeon pose. I usually do downard dog for a bit to hit the calves.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

Today is a good day. After the gym I piddled around and finally made lunch. I cut up most of a napa cabbage, then some green onions, and put those in a pan with olive oil, matchstick carrots, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. I cooked it about five minutes, stirring regularly. I set that aside and mixed the juice of two limes, 3 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, and 1 tbsp fish sauce. I whisked that together. I cut up two pork tenderloins and seasoned them with salt and pepper, then put them in a pan with half the liquid and cooked it. I served the pork on top of the cabbage carrot mix, and poured the rest of the liquid on top as a sauce. It was very good.

• Like 8

Current Challenge

Today is a good day, a chill day, a rest day. I did some Yoga in the morning, and not much else. I watched some TV, took a nap, and went to go get Little Bit from my parents. 

Dinner was good.

I cooked a diced shallot in avocado oil, and when it browned I added garlic. I then added two bags of shaved brussels sprouts with salt, pepper, and apple cider vinegar. I cooked it till the sprout shavings started to char.

I also cooked chopped pork chops in avocado oil. When they were almost done I added 1/4 c (60ml) each honey and chicken broth, then two tablespoons (30 ml) coconut aminos and eyeballed about the same of mustard. I let that come to a boil then cooked it at medium for five minutes.

It was all amazing.

• Like 8

Current Challenge

Nice looking numbers there Tank! Very cool to see.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I read your dinner making report and must now act on my sudden hunger.... :D 

• That's Metal 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger:  Volume One: Wintering

Winter Goals: Read by candlelight 10 times (5/10), Read The Ranger's Apprentice, Book 1 and Book 2, Re-read The Fellowship of the Ring (in progress), The Two Towers and The Return of the King, Watch all 3 Hobbit films (1/3), Watch all 3 LOTR films (1/3), See doc about leg pain (in progress), see doc about sinuses, Be able to run 1 mile without pain, finish knitting cardigan, repair jeans, plan and sew one project to completion, Finish Masters chapter 2, Read stock book, Plan Spring/Summer Adventures 2023, Start writing again, Reach at least 77kg by March 20.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

9 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Nice looking numbers there Tank! Very cool to see.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I read your dinner making report and must now act on my sudden hunger.... :D 

My friend, you should always have food to hand when reading my threads.

Today is a good day. After the gym (which included both Sauna and Steam Room), I had lunch and got groceries. I put them away, ran the dishwasher, took out the trash, and got Little Bit. I am pretty tired today. 

Dinner was Blood-Orange Rosemary Chicken with Roasted Butternut Squash and Broccoli.

I love blood oranges, both for their flavor and the fact that I got to type "Blood" as part of the title of my dinner.

I put butternut squash cubes and broccoli florets on a foil lined baking sheet and added olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and dried thyme. I roasted it at 400 degrees (204 4/11 C) for 30 minutes. Meanwhile I cooked some chopped chicken thighs in avocado oil with salt, pepper, fresh chopped rosemary, the zest of a blood orange, and the juice of that same orange. I let it cook long enough that the liquid all reduced down into the chicken, it was amazing, and paired well with the vegetables.

Poor Little Bit was so tired at bedtime she had a major meltdown (we think she didn't nap at school), but this one was easier to manage for some reason.

• Like 9

Current Challenge

Today is a good day. Got enough steps in at work that I'll have 7k by bedtime. 

Dinner was good.

I thinly sliced two seedless cucumbers and put them in a bowl with two finely chopped bell peppers. I added some salt, honey, and rice vinegar and mixed it.

I cooked a thinly sliced red onion in some avocado oil for a few minutes, then added ginger paste and garlic and cooked a bit more, then two pounds of grass fed ground beef, and cooked till brown, then the juice of three limes, some honey, and some coconut aminos. I let that cook till the liquid thickened. We put the meat and the veggies on lettuce leaves. It was really good. 

• Like 7

Current Challenge

Blood orange does indeed sound fancier. I vote that we should rename ordinary oranges to something fancy. Bloodless oranges? No, that sounds pale and dry.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

I love blood oranges too.  And a little shocking to passersby when they have never seen one. 

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

10 hours ago, Harriet said:

Blood orange does indeed sound fancier. I vote that we should rename ordinary oranges to something fancy. Bloodless oranges? No, that sounds pale and dry.

There are Cara Cara oranges, and navel oranges. 

8 hours ago, Shello said:

I love blood oranges too.  And a little shocking to passersby when they have never seen one. 

Oranges for people who are into metal.

Today is good but I'm really tired. Got up in the night, low energy. Cooked dinner, was good. Roasted baby potatoes and broccoli with chicken thighs cooked in pan with seasonings.

Will be fine but need sleep. At 6937 steps, I believe I can get 63 more steps before bed.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

This

On 1/25/2023 at 9:44 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

the gym (which included both Sauna and Steam Room),

And then this

On 1/25/2023 at 9:44 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

this one was easier to manage for some reason.

❣️

• Like 1

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

21 hours ago, Heidi said:

This

And then this

❣️

You make a good point.

Today is a good day. I was low energy, but last night I did go to bed super early so I'm catching up on sleep. Aside from Laundry not much got done. 

Dinner was salmon cooked in ghee seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and honey.

The side was frozen sweet potato fries heated in the oven.

It was good.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

Much better rested today. Due to a buildup of leftovers and needing a break from cooking I didn't today. We got breakfast tacos after church for lunch. Today has been a good intuitive eating day, stopping when full and staying full (not overly so) for long periods of time. This is the way.

• Like 8

Current Challenge

57 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Much better rested today. Due to a buildup of leftovers and needing a break from cooking I didn't today. We got breakfast tacos after church for lunch. Today has been a good intuitive eating day, stopping when full and staying full (not overly so) for long periods of time. This is the way.

Indeed, that is the way.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27