As much as I like them, the timing for challenges hasn't been working for me this past year.  So for my birthday, I've decided to start a battle log instead.  If you've visited any of my past challenges, don't expect much to change here.  My goals are all pretty ambiguous and rarely have timelines.  I'm also not expecting to be any better about updating, though I will try. ;)

So happy Human Nature Day, everyone!  Here's hoping this year brings out more of the good parts.

Fireworks GIF

• Like 1

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Yep, still bad at remembering to update, but here goes:

Did my first weigh-in of the year on the 3rd and I had gained back almost everything I managed to lose last year (182# compared to 183# last January).  But when I remembered to check this week, I was already down a pound.  I'm getting my diet back where I want it (after eating all the holiday treats/desserts, so they can't tempt me anymore...) and making an effort to have healthy-ish snacks available when I get hungry before bed.  Also currently trying intermittent fasting by not eating until ~10am each morning and trying to stop by 8pm unless I'm legitimately hungry (not just bored or procrastinating projects).

Still trying to maintain the motivation/energy to workout regularly and the weather isn't helping.  It keeps going from 40F one day to 70F the next and back; yay, Florida!  I've been halfway decent at going for walks after work, but I really need to start strength training again.

Most of my free time is currently spent working on costumes for Pensacon in February.  Wife and I are making Mandalorian OCs, so the armor is going to take a while, and other costumes also need attention.  At this point, we know we can't finish everything we wanted, so we're trying to prioritize the most important parts for each character, while still deciding who those characters are.

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

• Like 2

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

I've been keeping busy with life.  All my "workouts" last week were moving ammo for a test at work (I do gun and ammunition testing for the USAF), so I managed to stay active in spite of 9-10hr days.  Then last weekend was a lot of driving visiting friends for their baby shower.

Mando costumes have been put on hold, as there's no way to finish them and all the others we want to do next month.  So we need to finish our fancy Dr Who inspired outfits (TARDIS dress for the wife and cyberman shirt and vest for me), repair my anthro knight (while deciding what the character actually is), make some touch-ups to the wife's foxgirl huntress, and do upgrades to our Aragorn and Arwen costumes (replacing Mandos).

I also need to hurry up and finish Speedy's new enclosure since she officially won't fit in her old cave and the new one is too big for the old tank.  Weather hasn't been cooperating, so I'm going to have to clear space inside to put on the final silicone seal for it's 24hr dry time.  But as you can see, she barely fits and has started dragging her cave around the tank and getting upset when she can't get back inside to sleep.

52645140522_08052815ea.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

I do gun and ammunition testing for the USAF

I'm guessing not since it's a very established platform, but do you have anything to do with the GAU Avenger from the A-10?

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm guessing not since it's a very established platform, but do you have anything to do with the GAU Avenger from the A-10?

You mean the greatest gun ever made?  I'm working a couple programs looking into upgrades/modernization for it.  Someone in my office also does the final acceptance testing on every ammo lot made for the GAU-8 before the purchase is finalized.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anim07734 said:

You mean the greatest gun ever made?  I'm working a couple programs looking into upgrades/modernization for it.  Someone in my office also does the final acceptance testing on every ammo lot made for the GAU-8 before the purchase is finalized.

Yeah!

Ha ha, Avenger Go brrrrrrrrt!

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Finally got Speedy's new tank finished, so yesterday's workout was removing the old one and putting the new one in place.  She's still not sure if she likes it, but it's growing on her.

IMG_20230131_180708536.jpg