Salinger's fifty fifth challenge!

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

Still VERY VERY sad/miserable/missing friends/lonely/missing my dad/apathetic/in pain physically/bored/stressed/self loathing.

I'm sorry possum. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Sorry to hear the polar bears are chewing on your brain at the moment. They lie, you’re doing just fine. Same same but different here in my brain. We can do this (red heart).

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Harriet said:

I'm sorry possum. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Love xx

19 hours ago, Sovalis said:

You are all of those negative things and still knocking things off that list like a champ. You really are amazing, Sal. I send you hugs and a cup of tea and wish I could be there to help somehow. ❤️ 

Thanks Sov, you are so kind to me. I wish we could drink tea together tooooo :) xx

2 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Sorry to hear the polar bears are chewing on your brain at the moment. They lie, you’re doing just fine. Same same but different here in my brain. We can do this (red heart).

Thank you Yasha, i like the analogy! We can xx

polar-bear-feeling-th-wind-3vptcwdkd6aiql9j.gif

HEy all. Well i slept ok... too well? My alarm didnt go off and i only woke at 10.50 am :o

AWFUL. I even stayed in bed apathetic till 11.30...!!!! so its 1.20pm now and i feel ive done FUCK ALL....

Its absolutely freezing today, my hands are icecubes as i work. 

I need to take Bronze out, prob go around 4pm to miss the rush in the park. (its next to a college and they finish at 3.30 and its busy as they all go home)

I could do with cleaning a bit but again, whats the point :P 

Ill do it later prob. 

Im so tired - likely cos of too much rest. Id LOVE to go lie in bed all afternoon, how perfect that would be. 

Instead....

- Take medication

- Pick up new prescription

- Shop for milk/chicken/fruit/cheese

- Clean kitchen (wash up/surfaces/stuff away)

- Keep on top of emails

- Go through budget and see how over i am 

- Try to figure out a plan/how to sort this issue

- Promotion of artists

- Promotion of workshops

- Order wood for gallery walls

- Walk Bronze

- Make dinner (heat up last nights leftovers with chicken)

- Watch the game/relax

Im uncertain if going through the budget will make me pass out with stress, or make me feel better to know how much im over by??

Anyway. Just need to try not to let this depression rule my fucking life. xx

• Like 3

Hi all. 4.15pm Took Bronze around half 3 for quick 20 mins around park. Feel bad but it was fucking freezing. 

- Take medication

- Pick up new prescription

- Shop for milk/chicken/fruit/cheese

- Clean kitchen (wash up/surfaces/stuff away)

- Keep on top of emails

- Go through budget and see how over i am 

- Try to figure out a plan/how to sort this issue

- Promotion of artists

- Promotion of workshops

- Walk Bronze

- Make dinner (heat up last nights leftovers with chicken)

- Watch the game/relax

So im around £2,000 over budget *cry*

But its not as BAD as i thought it would be....

Im still very very low and trying to feel a bit better..? i forgot HOW???

I went to the shops, bought lots of fruit/yogurt/chicken/milk/cheese - Tonight cheese cauliflower, brown rice, spicy chicken, green beans. 

Cleaned kitchen abit, bought flowers and candles. picked up script and took meds and filled up the pill box for the week. 

Now music on, trying to do work. 

Will order the wood asap this eve. 

Im quite hungry (no lunch today) so early dinner prob. Rox is home in an hour will eat around 6pm. 

Bit dizzy, likely from lack of meds past two days. *sigh*

Sorry for being so miserable lately xx

• Like 3

You are getting so much done even though you feel shitty- keep on keeping on, the low will come back to being a high x

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sovalis said:

You're allowed to be exactly as you are. I suspect that two days without meds isn't helping, though. Glad you got that taken care of. 💜

thank you Sov 🧡

yes need to keep on top of them that’s for sure xx

1 hour ago, Yasha92 said:

You are getting so much done even though you feel shitty- keep on keeping on, the low will come back to being a high x

thank you Yasha ! I hope so, quickly!!!!xx

Sorry to have missed the past couple of days of your posts... I've been distracted. Now that I'm here, long distance hugs are being sent over NOW!

I've been there before with the deep low depression/existential crisis stuff and I know how much it sucks. Best vibes and solidarity hugs coming your way.

• Like 1

Current NF Challenge: X

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher

9 hours ago, TrashcanCarla said:

Sorry to have missed the past couple of days of your posts... I've been distracted. Now that I'm here, long distance hugs are being sent over NOW!

I've been there before with the deep low depression/existential crisis stuff and I know how much it sucks. Best vibes and solidarity hugs coming your way.

Thank you ❤️ 

xx

Morning all 10.30 am cold, rainy today. Shite. 

Been up from around 6.30am, doing emails, budget stress, mock up designs for sculpture etc. 

Todays then....

- Take medication

- Clean kitchen/wash dishes/put leftovers in pot in fridge

- Find a TV monitor for sculpture

- Sort tax return forms

- Print off toolkit info 

- Zoom meeting 1pm

- Put laundry on/out to dry

- EAT LUNCH

- Walk Bronze

- Pick up framed drawings for exhibition

- Think of something for dinner and cook it

- Watch football / Bath? / read / draw

Last night was kinda cute, we took tea up to bed and i drew and Roxy played a game on her phone. Just chilled, quiet, lovely. 

I drew this. 

326281225_722750346180530_1983517094077929447_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=kX2O83qekSMAX9fW2XN&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&oh=03_AdR5PWlrPs89hkaykOCaHM0imrwNraJmf38z5yZrogmUWA&oe=63F8948A

I like it i think!!

Would like to do that more often ❤️

I actually wrote this 2 hours ago and didnt press send, right now its 12.15pm hahahahahah Ive just picked the drawings up from the framers, they look brilliant :D very pleased. 

Going to call tax people now ugh

Just trying to not get overwhelmed. 

Any ideas for dinner?? xx

• Like 6

Hey Sal ❤️ I feel you with the cold gloomy day. Except here we are in a bit of a snow storm ^_^; 

That drawing of Roxy is so loving. It feels cozy lol probably the tea being held up to the face. Maybe Ill make tea haha 

As for dinner ideas.... we had shepherds pie yesterday. It was nice. We might do tacos tonight. I want indian food but its probably not fair to ask get delivery and force someone to drive in this weather. 

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Great sketch. You could make insalata caprese for dinner: sliced tomato, mozarella, fresh basil, olive oil and balsamico. Salt, pepper, eat.

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Do you have a slow cooker/crockpot? Obviously it’s past your dinner time now, but in future that might move the dinner effort to the morning when you are often up early. If yes, my suggestion is apricot chicken and rice.

15 hours ago, Rookie said:

Hey Sal ❤️ I feel you with the cold gloomy day. Except here we are in a bit of a snow storm ^_^; 

That drawing of Roxy is so loving. It feels cozy lol probably the tea being held up to the face. Maybe Ill make tea haha 

As for dinner ideas.... we had shepherds pie yesterday. It was nice. We might do tacos tonight. I want indian food but its probably not fair to ask get delivery and force someone to drive in this weather. 

Thanks so much Rookie ! It did feel very cosy :) 

Shepherds pie yum! Indian food also sounds amazing, perhaps i could make a curry today?!

xx

15 hours ago, TrashcanCarla said:

I love your drawing! And what a cozy end to an evening. Sounds lovely.

Hope your day is going well.

HEY thank you ❤️ 

xx

13 hours ago, Harriet said:

Great sketch. You could make insalata caprese for dinner: sliced tomato, mozarella, fresh basil, olive oil and balsamico. Salt, pepper, eat.

Thanks a lot Harriet. Oh yum, freshhhhhhhhhh i will need to get some mozarella in x

10 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Do you have a slow cooker/crockpot? Obviously it’s past your dinner time now, but in future that might move the dinner effort to the morning when you are often up early. If yes, my suggestion is apricot chicken and rice.

I have a crock pot :) sounds v nice. In fact would love to make sweet and sour chicken some time.... no idea how though haha xx

• Like 1

Hey all. Here is how yesterday went. 

-Take medication

- Clean kitchen/wash dishes/put leftovers in pot in fridge

- Sort tax return forms

- Print off toolkit info 

- Zoom meeting 1pm

- EAT LUNCH

- Walk Bronze

- Pick up framed drawings for exhibition

- Think of something for dinner and cook it

- Watch football / Bath? / read / draw

EEEEk not got through a lot tbh .... today will be better i hope. 

_________

Its 6.15am, freeeeeezing. 

around 3.30pm yesterday the gas got disconected due to no funds on it. ugh i topped it up with £20 but still didnt come on. Took 90 mins to sort it (on live chat with the gas company and me googling at same time) i was about to take Bronze out when this happened and by time it was fixed, it was pitch black. 

She was being real manic, biting me, barking and i felt so bad. So i decided to go round the block with her. I do get a little nervous being out in the quiet streets in the dark but was fine. We walked for 30 mins round the streets and she slept pretty much all night after :) 

Anyway. today i need to get shit done. 

- Take medication 

- Sort tax return forms

- Print off toolkit info and frame (see what it looks like)

- Promote artists and workshops

- Clean kitchen/dishes etc

- Make a chicken curry from scratch

- Create email sig advert for show

- Arrange techs for install (dates)

- Book hotel for workshop weekend in Boro

- Walk Bronze

- Shop for naan bread/veggies

- Play Wii with Roxy, have a bath, relax, read, draw

Will hopefully factor in a little nap as well at some point. :)

I think my activity cards for the toolkit will be delivered today...im so so so anxious about it hahah it took me ages to do it and get it right for printing. There are almost 2000 of them printed so if wrong i'm fucked. 

I hope they look as good as i hope....

Might have eggs for brekky xx

• Like 3

Hey all. 1.15pm 

- Take medication 

- Sort tax return forms

- Print off toolkit info and frame (see what it looks like)

- Promote artists and workshops

- Clean kitchen/dishes etc

- Make a chicken curry from scratch

- Create email sig advert for show

- Arrange techs for install (dates)

- Book hotel for workshop weekend in Boro

- Walk Bronze

- Shop for naan bread/veggies

- Play Wii with Roxy, have a bath, relax, read, draw

Not got LOADS done and im flagging a bit already. Think ill nip to the shops, might wake me up a bit?

Then do some cleaning. 

The toolkit activity cards that i ordered arrived, they look really great and im mega pleased with them!!!!

Loads to do, all i want is to nap. Maybe i can have 45 mins till 2pm then carry on? xx

• Like 3

Oh I'm so glad the toolkits look great. That's fabulous!! 🥳🎉

I know I'm late to the dinner discussion, but I made this fish the other night and it was amazing. I'm still raving about it. I used just cracker crumbs because I was out of Panko, and omitted the white wine in favour of more lemon juice and a bit of water. I also omitted the parsley because I didn't have any. But seriously, this was SO GOOD:

https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/baked-cod-with-garlic-herb-ritz-crumbs

Sending love! ❤️

6 hours ago, TrashcanCarla said:

Yay for the toolkit cards coming out nicely! Woohoo!

I hope you have found your second wind for cleaning and such!

thanks TC!

erm not quite 🙄xx

47 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Oh I'm so glad the toolkits look great. That's fabulous!! 🥳🎉

I know I'm late to the dinner discussion, but I made this fish the other night and it was amazing. I'm still raving about it. I used just cracker crumbs because I was out of Panko, and omitted the white wine in favour of more lemon juice and a bit of water. I also omitted the parsley because I didn't have any. But seriously, this was SO GOOD:

https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/baked-cod-with-garlic-herb-ritz-crumbs

Sending love! ❤️

hey Sov!

I’ll get some photos tmoro and share :)

oh that sounds great mmmmmmmmmmmmm 

thanks!!!!!!

• Like 1

Hey all

9pm I’m lying on my bed with a candle lit and fairy lights on. Jackson is snuggled up to me purring and I have my book.

Just had a lovely bath really hot and now I’m all clean and cosy.

been having some bad thoughts about myself and my weight / looks. Trying hard to distance myself from them.

made curry from scratch was lovely and tasty.

leftovers for tmoro!

I fell asleep crying earlier - didn’t get much done in the afternoon :( slept a lot.

tmoro NEEDs to be better. Friday so need to sort emails and lists for next week as install begins

need to figure out when to transport the fuxking sculpture ugh 

Much to do but trying to hold on!!!!

I should try to enjoy the process as well as being stressed about it.

tmoro Rox is at a meal with work friends and sat afternoon / eve with a different friend.

so two alone times which I think I need.

need to get back with the table/chart as it was helping me keep on track with goals. 

tmoroow !

oh also my catalogues arrive tmoro 

I’m terrified haha what if they look crap!??? Aaaaghhhhhhhhhh xx

• Like 2

Awww I'm sorry you had such a rough afternoon, but your bath and fairy lights and snuggly pet sounds quite nice. I hope you have a good night and rest. Sounds like you could use it.

Here's to a better day tomorrow.

• Like 1

Current NF Challenge: X

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher

7 hours ago, TrashcanCarla said:

Awww I'm sorry you had such a rough afternoon, but your bath and fairy lights and snuggly pet sounds quite nice. I hope you have a good night and rest. Sounds like you could use it.

Here's to a better day tomorrow.

Thanks TC :) 

here is Jacks being all handsome

327449526_554851220041206_5164892823628364104_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=C_E17_GVWiQAX86SCfY&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&oh=03_AdR2VJB9mKPEW4a0eNN_UwR_Bl8vLPPJilAA9w7qtcCJag&oe=63FAC786

THAT PAW ❤️ 

xx