Salinger's fifty fifth challenge!

Morning! 10.30am here. 

I spent the night drinking tea/water, had a nice hot bath, listened to music, watched the midnight TV programme (Jools Holland) video called with Roxy, then went to bed by 1am :) 

I slept well and was up at 9, no hangover !

Weighed myself, lost 2lb this week :)

Feels strange to be 1st january 2023...but its time to hit goals and aim towards a healthier, happier life i guess!

I changed one of my goals a little (thank you @sarakingdom for the great advice)

Instead of Lose weight, and discussing self hate... i changed to this. 

Lose 60 pounds (Lose weight, address self-hatred, improve fitness and health)

My weight is holding me back, i ache, i self loathe, my confidence is zero, self esteem even lower. Getting healthy is a priority. (5lb per month)

Address self-hatred, work on affirmations and accept the love that comes my way. 

Get strong and fitter, see the doctor when I am poorly, check my liver function and blood pressure etc through the year. 

I feel like focusing on these extra bits will be good for me ❤️

So 1st Jan and 1st day of Dry January aaaaghhhhhh  I have the app to track and keep me accountable. 

Today then!

- Take medication

- Put the bins out and wash the dishes/clean surfaces

- Put Bronze toys away (currently strewn everywhere!)

- Walk Bronze 

- Drink 2 bottles of water

- Track calories through the day

- Read 5 pages of book (minimum)

- Watch the football games x2 

- Pick Roxy up from station 

- Make a healthy home-cooked dinner

- Watch a film with Roxy

- Meditation (10 mins) 

Ill be real pleased if i hit these goals today. :) just need to try to keep 'calm' and enjoy the day really. 2 days left before back to work, so i want to relax as much as possible. 

xx

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Salinger said:

Lose 60 pounds (Lose weight, address self-hatred, improve fitness and health)

My weight is holding me back, i ache, i self loathe, my confidence is zero, self esteem even lower. Getting healthy is a priority. (5lb per month)

Address self-hatred, work on affirmations and accept the love that comes my way. 

Get strong and fitter, see the doctor when I am poorly, check my liver function and blood pressure etc through the year. 

I think it's great that you're making health and self acceptance a part of the whole weight loss package. Really good idea.

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

So 1st Jan and 1st day of Dry January aaaaghhhhhh  I have the app to track and keep me accountable.

You can do it! I think you'll be pleased with the results. In particular I hope you'll see a reduction in anxiety and low mood, as I do when I abstain.

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

I think it's great that you're making health and self acceptance a part of the whole weight loss package. Really good idea.

You can do it! I think you'll be pleased with the results. In particular I hope you'll see a reduction in anxiety and low mood, as I do when I abstain.

Thanks Harriet ❤️ 

I hope so!!!! xx

• Like 1

Hey! 2pm almost. Just back from a 40 min walk with Bronze. My cheeks are so cold but i feel good for getting out. 

321478873_832279691183425_9047717875548427593_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=jlNP2OUplqgAX8I1yum&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=03_AdShs724rbYDeQdWw9Mn5cG4anVoCvo9c60x06jWDU2apA&oe=63D915B4

Lovely day, sun out but cold!

Just had eggs for lunch and drinking a cup of tea as the football is about to begin :)

I have taken my meds, cleaned the kitchen, and put Bronze toys away, decided to make risotto this evening YUM!!!

xx

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

Hi, Sal, sounds like an excellent New Year's Day. An auspicious beginning for 2023!

Thanks AP!!!! ❤️

_______

7pm....Roxy is in the bath, i have music on, and sweet potato cubes cooking in the oven....I have just sautéd onions and smoked bacon, and will finish the risotto when Rox is down. 

- Take medication

- Put the bins out and wash the dishes/clean surfaces

- Put Bronze toys away (currently strewn everywhere!)

- Walk Bronze 

- Track calories through the day

- Read 5 pages of book (minimum)

- Watch the football games x2 

- Pick Roxy up from station 

- Make a healthy home-cooked dinner

- Watch a film with Roxy

- Meditation (10 mins) 

Will read some pages and do meditation in bed i think, before sleep!

And im trying to think of a film to watch...i have a list so will have a think :D

Good day!!!!! 

NO BOOZE. 

xx

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Sounds like a great day, Sal! I'm so happy you got to ring in 2023 with steadiness and happiness and to-do list items crossed off! 🥳🎉💜

Thanks so much. Yesterday i did everything except read pages. Meditated in bed before sleep. 

Felt very close to Roxy last night ❤️ felt a lot of love x

• Like 1

Hey all!!

Monday 2nd January. 7am.... last night was lovely. We watched Ammonite, very good/sad/beautiful film. Had some popcorn, stayed sober, ate gorgeous home cooked risotto....felt warm, cosy and loved. 

Slept pretty well, but woke at 6. 

So far......

Week

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

30 mins walk             

✓

Drink two bottles of water            

✓

Track calories 

O

Read 5 pages of book

O

10 mins meditation            

✓

Kettlebell circuit 

(10 minutes)

.          O

Do a new drawing

(one minimum)

✓

I am contemplating taking the track calories out of my goals....it can have the opposite effect tbh (make me obsessed and miserable) ill try again today and see what happens but its a loose goal right now. 

My drawing was some quick studies of Bronze as she played by my side, biting the arm of my hoody!!!!

321927055_855777092304987_7675703658845358874_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=tC_QgvSquxYAX-9SRBw&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&oh=03_AdTZ1_2kI_N4is3hW-sPo4KqIMU2LpV32Y8dcfGCf9yRfQ&oe=63D9F673

Today then......

- Take medication 

- Go to the shop for milk

- Keep kitchen clean/wash dishes/take bins out

- Walk Bronze

- Start to go through catalogue pages

- Make a frittata

- Write up artist list of works for Project 1 (send to Sue)

- Read 5 pages of book

- Meditate for 10 mins

- Drawings on iPad (when relaxing)

- Watch the football

Its a bank holiday here, so Rox is off work again. We are going to go to a place called Dunham Massey. Which is like a huge parkland with posh house and deer! Not sure we will see any deer but im hoping we do!!!!

Going to make frittata, with cherry tomato, smoked bacon, red pepper and feta cheese mmmmmmmm will have for dinner with a nice salad. Leftover risotto for lunch.... :)

xx

• Like 3

I hope you see deer, too! I saw four on NYE and it was wonderful. My cards say that deer represent gentleness, fearlessness, and self-compassion, and I've decided they're my animal of the year. 

Your food all sounds amazing. I'm coming over! 😉 Have a great time today! Good job ticking so much off your list. And don't stress about counting calories if it's going to make you miserable. Maybe track rough portions (did I have a veggie this meal? Some protein? Etc). That was one of the earliest NF nutrition modules I think and it really helped me be less focused on numbers (I get obsessive too). 💜

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sovalis said:

I hope you see deer, too! I saw four on NYE and it was wonderful. My cards say that deer represent gentleness, fearlessness, and self-compassion, and I've decided they're my animal of the year. 

Your food all sounds amazing. I'm coming over! 😉 Have a great time today! Good job ticking so much off your list. And don't stress about counting calories if it's going to make you miserable. Maybe track rough portions (did I have a veggie this meal? Some protein? Etc). That was one of the earliest NF nutrition modules I think and it really helped me be less focused on numbers (I get obsessive too). 💜

Thanks Sov! Ill take photos if i do :D 

they are beautiful animals!

Hahaha ill get you a plate ❤️ 

Good advice, thank you ....

xx

Hey all. 10.30am. Had a lovely morning so far.... went to the shops, as the sun was rising. Got milk, some new candles, (one is lit now and smells amazing) some oat milk for Rox, and a couple other bits i needed. 

Came home, put bits away, then decided to make a pie!!!! Apple and blackberry mmmmm

322740372_905975577099004_4245164213588840433_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=KVaSyQQTP9gAX-HmVJK&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&oh=03_AdQKHPBkJ_IiX8fSYSr0N9k_wLCpdlJ1TfNLHdFIfLRlCg&oe=63DA25DA

322377573_1066386914205504_4743256778406998093_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=Fh25BDzDXowAX9ILppJ&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=03_AdSeZaRreq1OnvqN7hBjJIExeAOP19t1JWZwECBAekwuwg&oe=63DA21F5

Cooling now, i cleaned up and now listening to music. Played out in the yard with Bronze for a bit, throwing sticks for her ❤️

Will have a cup of tea and chill until Rox gets up. 

Oh, and treated myself to some posh cordial....and soda water. Hoping its tasty and steers the alcohol urges off. 

xx

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Harriet said:

I love the Bronze scribbles! And pie, I love pie. Why don't I have pie? 😭

I could send you some pie?? :)

xx

2 hours ago, TrashcanCarla said:

Mmm your pie looks lovely. Also enjoy the Bronze studies. My doggo loves to bite at my sleeves, too. Little scamps.

Thanks, not done a taste test yet.... will have some with custard tonight :o 

What kind of god do you have?? xx

• Like 1

Hello all. 3.30pm. 

What a lovely day so far. 

Rox got up, we drank tea, listening to music, then decided not to go to the deer place....we instead, went to the BEACH. 

32 mins drive, the sun is out, it was gorgeous. 

Took some beautiful photos as well, and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 

322011581_717668576330001_6695521243856132187_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=XZ6uX-espYIAX_wD4v3&tn=qQ3tbKIq4GT-HYP7&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=00_AfA0Ovn0Vaazwtx4s72yGMngjA-4enc6Fdiu3nx7aTvbKw&oe=63B7131F

323298618_1199194170714707_1587563677743259955_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=MpXWYKxtpNMAX8rUvi7&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&oh=00_AfDOdFuulIU_Cw4V9AWhhtPKoD2mLmjOW7LzS4Me0Si-8Q&oe=63B80CE1

322181647_1872308723122767_2664808072004586169_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=QxmFgTlsyy4AX_dHPoE&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=00_AfBGo1SS072HMkAUjGHsWTvu-zTJ-i-KOO9-Dre6BuiakA&oe=63B7CFAF

323433973_695999042057548_8370495812417933586_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=540WEdluAf8AX8gKsuf&tn=qQ3tbKIq4GT-HYP7&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=00_AfA4G8e67e0SUUgPUo4pCnWUwpGRGOGH83tQi_rTLSVSrw&oe=63B857B9

❤️❤️❤️

Rox gone for a nap, and i have football on. Will make the frittata soon, and wash the dishes. Bronze is flat out sleeping after her adventures at the beach :) 

I am going to try book the secure dog field for the weekend, so Rox can come as well. :D

- Take medication 

- Walk Bronze

- Make a frittata

- Read 5 pages of book

- Meditate for 10 mins

- Watch the football

🤘 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Salinger said:

What kind of god do you have?? xx

I have a chocolate British Labrador retriever. Molly is mostly sweet as pie, but she's got puckish qualities too, haha

• Like 1

Current NF Challenge: X

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher

Dinner was amazing ❤️ 

322399302_1219601518966137_2121390241923840471_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=ign6HBSPRLoAX-2LTeW&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=03_AdQ22IIYQLoGn87mBk7i6yHLuVmMWUBySIXvl7a4M98F1Q&oe=63DA8985

Daily drawings have been done today, whilst watching the football. 

Jackson studies.

321829433_567719504945030_5788510209741122191_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=Hvy3nJQWOF8AX_uyAU1&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=03_AdTWMrmRA4COMJ-CJ989cgcDE0CQHkDkHUSzRue0bQHYkA&oe=63DAA137

And Roxy and feral looking Bronze haha

322443873_1592795821193757_8213892896088991773_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=LJJyNjUe6oAAX8e-ojM&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=03_AdRjYKwr2774eoNdjk_jZmrPgJVkVR6-dcN1khs8pcV2ug&oe=63DA9094

I like them, i have a strange style tbh cos im not amazing at drawing, but feel it works :) plus im enjoying being creative. 

- Take medication 

- Walk Bronze

- Make a frittata

- Read 5 pages of book

- Meditate for 10 mins

- Watch the football

After the footy, i will do some reading and tick that off too! :) I enjoyed meditating before bed last night so will do so again this eve ...

Maybe another film!? xx

• Like 3

You’re kicking all the butts my friend! Proud of you (as always). The beach looks great (though I’m guessing from the jackets a bit cold???), we went to the beach again today, despite being super busy there is something so peaceful about looking at the water.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I'm getting such a great vibe from you today, I love it. So glad the beach and cordial and frittata were excellent! 

Thank you Sov ❤️ 

12 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

I agree with Sovalis, you are sounding fierce and fabulous Sal, and I want more of it!

Thanks so much AP :D 

5 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

You’re kicking all the butts my friend! Proud of you (as always). The beach looks great (though I’m guessing from the jackets a bit cold???), we went to the beach again today, despite being super busy there is something so peaceful about looking at the water.

THANKS Yasha :)  yes, cold! 5C haha the sun warmed us a little but its cold!!! I agree, i just love the beach / sea 

• Like 2