Salinger's fifty fifth challenge!

Hey all. 11.15am. 

Woke around 9.30 today, so a little lie in! Last night was good, we watched a documentary called Stutz, about a therapist. Was really great. 

Meditated in bed before sleep and slept pretty well. 

Today? Feeling a teeny bit anxious and lower in mood than the past few days. I am definitely panicking a bit about my project next month. Wondering why im putting myself through it etc

- Take medication

- Create a to-do list for Project 1

- Send out emails to people regarding project 1

- Get in touch with the welders

- Take a break to have lunch

- Email AV tech

- Walk Bronze

- Clean kitchen/sort bins

- Promote podcast video

- Promote open calls

- Request zine from artist

- Cook healthy meal for dinner

- Watch Everton

- Read 5 pages of book

- Meditate/relax/bed

Back to work :o haha ugh

I feel very stressed, ill be honest xx

• Like 3

Updates chart...

Week

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

30 mins walk             ✓          

✓

Drink two bottles of water            ✓          

✓

Stay Sober

✓          

✓

Read 5 pages of book

O

O

10 mins meditation            ✓          

✓

Kettlebell circuit 

(10 minutes)

O          

.          O

Do a new drawing

(one minimum)

✓          

✓

• Like 3

- Take medication

- Create a to-do list for Project 1

- Send out emails to people regarding project 1

- Get in touch with the welders

- Take a break to have lunch

- Email AV tech

- Walk Bronze

- Clean kitchen/sort bins

- Promote podcast video

- Promote open calls

- Request zine from artist

- Cook healthy meal for dinner

- Watch Everton

- Read 5 pages of book

- Meditate/relax/bed

Going ok ....

Nausea is kind of overwhelming tho :( feel so so sick its horrid. 

I took my time to make a tasty lunch - something i would never do (because it feels more like something i should each in the evening)

Steak, homemade warm tomato and onion salsa, feta... on a slice of bread. Was very tasty. 

Drank bottle of water...trying to sip it often to help with sickness feeling. 

Feel woozy too, like dizzy? Worried about standing/walking with Bronze. Might see if Roxy can whiz her round the block after work :( Bronze is sleeping atm and doesnt seem bothered but i do feel guilty if i cant get out with her. 

Got a zoom meeting at 3pm, its 2.30 now. Ill do the meeting, then at like 4pm after, ill wash up and take bins out. Hoping dont feel so poorly by then. 

Maybe i need a nap? ugh i dont know. 

x

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Drank bottle of water...trying to sip it often to help with sickness feeling. 

Feel woozy too, like dizzy? Worried about standing/walking with Bronze. Might see if Roxy can whiz her round the block after work :( Bronze is sleeping atm and doesnt seem bothered but i do feel guilty if i cant get out with her.

That was me yesterday. Sorry that's you today.

For me, I wonder if it is mild alcohol withdrawal? I am not what I consider to be a heavy drinker, but I did have 1-2 drinks pretty much daily. Maybe that actually is heavy. Sheesh. Anyway, maybe that's what it is. Take care of yourself.

• Like 1

Current NF Challenge: X

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher

I hope you feel better soon! I get real bad headaches when I go off coffee, and Mx felt a bit off their first few days of dry-November. Fingers crossed it’s just the body adjusting to the current way of doing things. Also stress is no bueno, if you can squeeze in a grounding meditation that might help? You got dis ❤️

• Like 1
On 1/3/2023 at 2:55 PM, TrashcanCarla said:

That was me yesterday. Sorry that's you today.

For me, I wonder if it is mild alcohol withdrawal? I am not what I consider to be a heavy drinker, but I did have 1-2 drinks pretty much daily. Maybe that actually is heavy. Sheesh. Anyway, maybe that's what it is. Take care of yourself.

19 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

I hope you feel better soon! I get real bad headaches when I go off coffee, and Mx felt a bit off their first few days of dry-November. Fingers crossed it’s just the body adjusting to the current way of doing things. Also stress is no bueno, if you can squeeze in a grounding meditation that might help? You got dis ❤️

18 hours ago, Sovalis said:

If your stomach is off, ginger or peppermint tea might help. Don't know about the dizziness, although I've been having difficulty with it the past few days myself. 

Good job tackling your list! That's so good! 💜

15 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Sorry you're not feeling well, Sal. Take it easy - and don't feel guilty about taking care of yourself!

Thank you guys ❤️ 

Well.....i had a terrible evening/night. 

I was very sick. :( i havent actually been sick (apart from when ive drank too much) for absolute YEARS. So it was awful and i feel very sorry for myself. 

My stomach still isnt right and I am aching all over my body, have a headache, feel very cold...

Ive slept as much as possible today, drank water etc

Not been able to take Bronze out, feel bad. 

Just waiting for Roxy to get home (in 30 mins) and ill head back to lie in bed. 

I feel a teeny bit better, enough to have a slice of toast. But last night was horrid :( 

Safe to say, nothing on my list/no goals have been done today. Trying not to feel bad about that.... xx

• Like 5

That's rough Sal, I'm sorry. But...

10 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Not been able to take Bronze out, feel bad. 

I'm going to keep quoting myself at you for as long as it takes.

15 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Take it easy - and don't feel guilty about taking care of yourself!

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Ugh. I'm sorry that you feel so awful. Don't put too much guilt on yourself for not making or crossing off a list (I'm in awe of your ability to get so much done in a day when you are feeling okay-to-good, by the way). Everyone needs to nurse themselves and forgive themselves for not being at 100% once in a while, yeah?

Lie in bed and eat toast.

• Like 2

Current NF Challenge: X

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher

37 minutes ago, Salinger said:

I was very sick. :( i havent actually been sick (apart from when ive drank too much) for absolute YEARS. So it was awful and i feel very sorry for myself. 

My stomach still isnt right and I am aching all over my body, have a headache, feel very cold...

Yikes! Rest up and get better, and it's not a disaster to skip the walk if you truly need the rest and you DO. It could be the flu or something.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Awww. It sounds like you might ACTUALLY be sick and have the flu rather than just a change in habits triggering this. Body aches are a immune response thing. Totally knocks me down when I get a cold or flu that comes with body aches. Rest up!

I really liked the way you wrote your revised weight loss goals. It can feel like a chicken and egg thing for sure: how we feel in our bodies and affect our mental health, but we can't fall into the trap of leaaving our bodies solely responsible for our mental health. How you relate to your body is an important part of the picture, but your weight isn't the only factor. I HATE being in my pregnant body right now, but when I go skiing or do certain motions I get to feel like I'm more in my usual skin. This is a temporary state for me, but finding those bits of mental calm where you relate to your body in a positive way are worth noticing. Write it on the mirror or something. "Today squating to take Bronze's ball and throw it for her felt good" or something.

• Like 2

Previous Challenge: DaemonCorax Treks Overland

(2022 Level 1 Hunter:  STR 23;    STA 29;    DEX 11;    CON 14;    WIS 22;  CHA 4.)

Sounds like plague protocols are in order - keep resting and looking after yourself! 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

That's rough Sal, I'm sorry. But...

I'm going to keep quoting myself at you for as long as it takes.

❤️

11 hours ago, TrashcanCarla said:

Ugh. I'm sorry that you feel so awful. Don't put too much guilt on yourself for not making or crossing off a list (I'm in awe of your ability to get so much done in a day when you are feeling okay-to-good, by the way). Everyone needs to nurse themselves and forgive themselves for not being at 100% once in a while, yeah?

Lie in bed and eat toast.

Thank you ... ❤️

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

Yikes! Rest up and get better, and it's not a disaster to skip the walk if you truly need the rest and you DO. It could be the flu or something.

Thank you Harriet ❤️

11 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

Awww. It sounds like you might ACTUALLY be sick and have the flu rather than just a change in habits triggering this. Body aches are a immune response thing. Totally knocks me down when I get a cold or flu that comes with body aches. Rest up!

I really liked the way you wrote your revised weight loss goals. It can feel like a chicken and egg thing for sure: how we feel in our bodies and affect our mental health, but we can't fall into the trap of leaaving our bodies solely responsible for our mental health. How you relate to your body is an important part of the picture, but your weight isn't the only factor. I HATE being in my pregnant body right now, but when I go skiing or do certain motions I get to feel like I'm more in my usual skin. This is a temporary state for me, but finding those bits of mental calm where you relate to your body in a positive way are worth noticing. Write it on the mirror or something. "Today squating to take Bronze's ball and throw it for her felt good" or something.

Thanks so much DC!! xx

2 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Sounds like plague protocols are in order - keep resting and looking after yourself! 

Yes Yasha! Thank you xx

• Like 1

Hey all. 5am here, just got up and had a slice of toast. All ive eaten for over 24 hours is 2 slices of toast....

I slept most of yesterday and most of the night.

Thankful to say i feel a lot better this morning, and thinking it was a 24 hour bug or something (?!)

Not felt that poorly, for a long LONG time. 

I still feel weak this morn, and drained. Ive had a cup of tea, and will go back to bed shortly to rest further few hours. 

So grateful that i dont feel sick anymore, but my insides are sore. 

Yesterday I didnt get any goals apart from water and sobriety. 

Week

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

30 mins walk             ✓            O        

✓

Drink two bottles of water            ✓            ✓        

✓

Stay Sober

✓            ✓        

✓

Read 5 pages of book

O

O

O

10 mins meditation            ✓             O        

✓

Kettlebell circuit 

(10 minutes)

O             O        

.          O

Do a new drawing

(one minimum)

✓             O        

✓

Will take it easy today and not push too much. Will make a to-do list later this morn...

Thanks for checking in and lovely kind posts ❤️

Oh, and @Sovalis.... yesterday your beautiful, kind card arrived!!! Cheered me up definitely!! :)  how lovely, thank you so much xxx

• Like 5

Hey all. 11am...up ad trying to do some work. Bronze is running around the room with my old shoe, jumping from one sofa to the next, im not well enough for this!!!

Not eaten and cant think what i may want. 

Im considering a slice of toast with beans or spaghetti hoops? Got a cup of tea. Defo need to eat something as i feel so weak and lightheaded. 

Today then i guess....

- Take medication

- Clean kitchen, wash dishes/put away

- Eat something

- Take a nap/REST

- Go through emails

- Finalise leaflet design and order them plus posters

- Walk Bronze in the park (30 mins)

- Call welders

- Promote MH first aid training

- Email NN with news about MH training

- Promote workshop (zine)

- Read 5 pages of book

- Meditate for 10 mins

- Have a bath/watch the football/early night

Work to do but trying not to over do it. Still very drained. 

xx

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Im considering a slice of toast with beans or spaghetti hoops? Got a cup of tea. Defo need to eat something as i feel so weak and lightheaded.

Toast and beans sounds good. I often want something starchy during/after being sick. But the beans are slow to break down so they mitigate the fast blood sugar rise and fall from plain white toast. But eat whatever you can, if you're not feeling well.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Do you have a tin of soup or any soup left in the freezer? Soup and toast is always my go-to, or if I’m REALLY crook a little peanut butter on toast sits better thank plain sometimes. Minimum put some milk and sugar in your tea, yeah?

30min walk sounds like a lot- is there a 10min lap you could aim for and Rox take B for additional small walk later? Don’t push yourself too hard especially if you haven’t been able to keep anything down.

Side note: I don’t know your history, but my family has several folks with eating disorders, so when I’ve been sick with any tummy bug or anything that keeps me from eating I DO NOT weigh in that week.  Up to you of course, but that might be something to think about whether it is a risky rather than beneficial datapoint xXx

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Do you have a tin of soup or any soup left in the freezer? Soup and toast is always my go-to, or if I’m REALLY crook a little peanut butter on toast sits better thank plain sometimes. Minimum put some milk and sugar in your tea, yeah?

30min walk sounds like a lot- is there a 10min lap you could aim for and Rox take B for additional small walk later? Don’t push yourself too hard especially if you haven’t been able to keep anything down.

Side note: I don’t know your history, but my family has several folks with eating disorders, so when I’ve been sick with any tummy bug or anything that keeps me from eating I DO NOT weigh in that week.  Up to you of course, but that might be something to think about whether it is a risky rather than beneficial datapoint xXx

I have no soup :( might get Rox to pick a tin up for me later. 

I have milk in my tea anyway :)

Its pitch black when Roxy gets home so she cant take Bronze out annoyingly. 

I went to the park and we had 20 mins there. Not sure if it helped me, or made me feel worse! Im so so so weak! Its only been a 36 hour bug jeeeez

xx

• Like 3

- Take medication

- Clean kitchen, wash dishes/put away

- Eat something

- Take a nap/REST

- Go through emails

- Finalise leaflet design and order them plus posters

- Walk Bronze in the park (30 mins)

- Call welders

- Promote MH first aid training

- Email NN with news about MH training

- Promote workshop (zine)

- Read 5 pages of book

- Meditate for 10 mins

- Have a bath/watch the football/early night

x

• Like 2

Hi Sal, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I send you a Care Bear Stare ❤️🧡💛💚🩵💙💜. I hope that things turn around for you soon.  I'm glad the card arrived! 😁 Good job taking Bronze out even though it was a little shorter than you'd hoped. Food and rest are great, and water and sobriety are enough if that's what can be done in a day. You've got this, go gently. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Salinger said:

Im so so so weak! Its only been a 36 hour bug jeeeez

You've had, like, two slices of toast in two days? Be kind to you!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Harriet said:

I hope you're recovering, possum ❤️

Thank you Harriet, getting there x

17 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Hi Sal, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I send you a Care Bear Stare ❤️🧡💛💚🩵💙💜. I hope that things turn around for you soon.  I'm glad the card arrived! 😁 Good job taking Bronze out even though it was a little shorter than you'd hoped. Food and rest are great, and water and sobriety are enough if that's what can be done in a day. You've got this, go gently. 

Thanks Sov ❤️ x

10 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

You've had, like, two slices of toast in two days? Be kind to you!

TRUE!!!! ❤️ 

8 hours ago, Rookie said:

Feel better Sal and take the rest you need. There will be times for long walks with Bronze when you feel better

You are right, thanks Rookie x

• Like 2