4 minutes ago, Salinger said:

How are you today? xx

Kept up til 11 by an unexpected phone call from a friend, was lured back to bed by a snuggly husband after turning off my alarm, tried to turn on phone to set a snooze alarm when he left for work, got trapped on Facebook for a whole hour, was cuddled by Zemi for the first half of that, and have procrastinated until the point of desperate need to get up and get ready.

Β 

So far, no points today, but at least I had a relaxed morning. πŸ˜…

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Salinger said:

Lots of cuddles which is the main thing ❀️ xx

They were nice. :)

Β 

8 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Relaxed mornings are good, too. Hope the rest of your day is similarly chill and also productive!Β 

The rest of the day was a usual Friday. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Β 

I think I'll do a make-up exercise tomorrow morning since I don't feel inclined to do them tonight... even though I could... πŸ€”πŸ˜… I did do 30 push ups throughout the day in three snack sets of ten. So maybe I'll give myself 50% partial credit for not doing absolutely nothing.

Β 

I didn't do any editing at lunch, and was gonna take 50% for just reading "The Girl in the Tower" (which I am zooming through), but after grabbing dinner, I decided to start the relaxing evening with the page I put off, so now I'm past page 27 of condensing. 100% credit toward artificer goals.

Β 

I'm gonna find out what Cid wants to watch/listen to together, and sew the smallest pieces together so the squares will all be set for the WIP bite. Claiming at least 50% for that in advance. πŸ˜‰

Β 

On 1/5/2023 at 7:30 AM, MaeradCase said:

Week 1

Barbarian: ⚑🌩πŸŒ₯

Ranger: 🌿🌿🌿🌳🌱

Wizard: πŸ“šπŸ“•πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“•

Artificer: πŸ› πŸ› πŸ”§πŸ› πŸ”§

Β 

Thanks for cheering me on through good and bad. πŸ˜ƒ

Sincerely,

Maerad

Β 

[Editing to replace the 50%Β πŸ”¨ with the 100%Β πŸ”§ because I've just finished all the careful stitching, cutting, and pairing the smallest pieces into their appropriate squares, so the bite's four nibbles are all primed and ready for assembling. πŸ˜ƒ]

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2
11 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

I think I'll do a make-up exercise tomorrow morning since I don't feel inclined to do them tonight... even though I could... πŸ€”πŸ˜… I did do 30 push ups throughout the day in three snack sets of ten. So maybe I'll give myself 50% partial credit for not doing absolutely nothing.

Didn't really want to do anything today, but I carefully massaged my aching feet, warmed up a bit, started with squats, let yesterday's three sets of ten push ups count (meaning I skipped them today, but added them to the chart), and alternated the rest of the exercises of a single round with more squats. I did 20 jumping jacks in a row, so that was pretty cool. I didn't feel like doing more sets, but I also hadn't felt like doing anything at all. Still, I'll call a single set with extra push ups and squats a win for a weekend bonus 50% toward the barbarian goal. πŸ˜‰

Β 

I may edit my story or sew quilt pieces, or even alternate between the two when I get back from a half-day of work... or I'll finish the buried puzzle to get our table back... πŸ˜… I don't know yet, but I plan for today to feel restful and accomplished.

Β 

11 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Week 1

Barbarian: ⚑🌩πŸŒ₯+πŸŒ₯

Ranger: 🌿🌿🌿🌳🌱+🌿

Wizard: πŸ“šπŸ“•πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“•

Artificer: πŸ› πŸ› πŸ”§πŸ› πŸ”§

Β 

Thanks for stopping by to check on me. :)

Sincerely,

Maerad

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Way to get that Barbarian bonus and fight off the inertia!Β  Proud of you! πŸ₯°

Thank you!! πŸ₯°

Β 

Evening update:

Β 

I sewed all the pieces into their respective squares and pinned them so they're ready for the next phase of assembly. :)

Β 

We went out for dinner, and when we got back I did another two-sided page worth of condensing of my story. I think I'm on page 35 now? That's 110% for doing a page and more. ;)

Β 

12 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Week 1

Wizard: πŸ“šπŸ“•πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“•+πŸ“š

Artificer: πŸ› πŸ› πŸ”§πŸ› πŸ”§+πŸ”§

Β 

Tomorrow has a grocery run. I'm getting a roll of mentos because Cid had bought a bottle of diet coke for our friends and they didn't drink any of it or take it with them.Β πŸ˜… I've never actually done the trick, though I've obviously seen recordings. I'm looking forward to the chaos. πŸ˜‚

Β 

Have a good evening!

Sincerely,

Maerad

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Salinger said:

Please get photos of the chaos hahahahah :DΒ 

Β 

Have a lovely Sunday xx

1750770769_Screenshot_20230108-1447022.png.748e4fd8e748b8232a7dcd66a306912c.png

Β 

Would have shared the 5 second video, but that wasn't attaching. πŸ˜… This is the initial eruption before it started pooling down the sidewalk.

Β 

I'll have to try vinegar and baking soda sometime to compare and contrast. XD

Β 

Going back to Act II of Into the Woods stage play. Later!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Everstorm said:

I love Into the Woods!

I love the stage play. Bernadette Peters is really great. πŸ˜‚ It was actually my first time watching it, but I'd heard a lot of the opinions about what the movie failed to capture from the magic of the play. πŸ˜…

Β 

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

That’s an amazing photo haha :)

Β 

what an action shot! X

Glad you like it. πŸ˜‰

Β 

Quick evening update:

Β 

I did a page of editing this morning after the grocery run and lunch. Felt like a change of pace, so we watched Into the Woods. Afterward, Cid turned on Yu Yu Hakusho, and I sewed together the squares of two nibbles, so this bite is halfway ready for assembly. 100% bonus for progress.

Β 

I prepped onion and bell pepper to add to my stir fry leftovers from yesterday (only remembered when I sat down to eat that I could've added carrot, too πŸ˜…). The end result tasted a little odd (not quite sure why), but I was hungry enough that I didn't mind.Β 

Β 

I just finished another page of condensing. I'm 44 pages into the book now. Two pages done today gets me 110% for bonus progress.

Β 

23 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Week 1

Wizard: πŸ“šπŸ“•πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“•+πŸ“šπŸ“š

Artificer: πŸ› πŸ› πŸ”§πŸ› πŸ”§+πŸ”§πŸ”§

Β 

I think I'll enjoy some video games with Cidran's company. πŸ˜‰ See you tomorrow.

Β 

Maerad

• Like 4
1 hour ago, MaeradCase said:

love the stage play. Bernadette Peters is really great. πŸ˜‚ It was actually my first time watching it, but I'd heard a lot of the opinions about what the movie failed to capture from the magic of the play. πŸ˜…

Agree πŸ’―Β  The play with Bernadette Peters was better.Β  I must have seen it a thousand times when I was in college.Β  My sister was auditioning for a role in a local production of it and wanted to be familiar

• That's Metal 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

Β 

Good morning, fellow nerds!

Β 

The weekend is gone and it is once again a Monday. (Boooo, hiss) I used the song "U" from the anime "Belle" on repeat to do my two sets, and the music was so good I actually blew past my normal ten reps and did twenties!! I didn't push entirely that far both sets, but I did 15 pushups and 20 jumping jacks on both sets, too! 🀩 Both of those being my harder exercises made me feel really good about that accomplishment.Β Since I did my expected two sets with that impressive explosion of power I'm taking a 110% barbarian mark. πŸ˜‰

Β 

I also actually did a page of condensing before my workout so that while I was procrastinating I wouldn't be dozing or doom scrolling. That puts me at a 100% mark already, with the expectation of it turning to 110% at lunchΒ  break.

Β 

Unlisted hobbit side-goals: not only do my leftovers have additional bell pepper and onion to boost my veggie counts today, but I also grabbed a chopped salad bag from the store, and have divvied it five ways so that I'll have tiny salads all week. Contemplating adding other things like egg, cheese, olives, etc. to make it my favorite kind of salad, too. (Probably not the egg today because I don't have much time to boil a couple)

Β 

Week 2

Barbarian: ⚑

Ranger: 🌿

Wizard: πŸ“•

Artificer:Β 

Β 

Plans to get the puzzle closer to done while listening to CR tonight. Game night tomorrow. :)

Β 

Have a good day!

Sincerely,

Maerad

• Like 3
On 1/9/2023 at 8:38 AM, MaeradCase said:

Contemplating adding other things like egg, cheese, olives, etc. to make it my favorite kind of salad, too. (Probably not the egg today because I don't have much time to boil a couple)

Boiled some eggs this morning. :3

Β 

Plans to get the puzzle closer to done while listening to CR tonight. Game night tomorrow. :)

Made progress on the puzzle. Cid didn't feel like we did, but we honestly have the hardest pieces left - they're indistinguishable dark colors. πŸ˜…

Β 

I woke up at 3 feeling pain everywhere from my badass exercise yesterday. I did hip stretches later in the morning, but my shoulders are still tight.

Β 

I got a page of condensing done. Due for another at lunch. Nearly to the 50% mark, and hoping to use some of the weekend to hit 100%.

Β 

Week 2

Ranger: 🌿🌿

Wizard: πŸ“šπŸ“•

Artificer: πŸ”§

Β 

• Like 2

Β 

Week 2

Ranger: 🌿🌿

Wizard: πŸ“šπŸ“š

Artificer: πŸ”§πŸ“

Β 

Made it to the halfway mark of my book (a little past the start of Act II in the page count of the first draft). I really am keeping my eyes on my toes because I want to get this approach of condensing finished before I dive into other means of editing. πŸ˜… Once the condensing is all on paper, I have typing to do in order to be able to share it with all my readers. That's enough work on my plate that I'd better not distract myself with other methods to edit even if I'm getting bored.Β 

Β 

I'm almost done reading "The Girl in the Tower", the sequel to "The Bear and the Nightingale". Definitely loving the way the Russian fairy tale lore is being put to use. After I finish the trilogy I might go re-read "Firebird", "Spinning Silver", or "East" to continue a while longer in the genre with the company of a cherished book.

Β 

My shoulders still hurt. I just remembered to take some ibuprofen. πŸ˜‚

Β 

Hope your day is going good!

Maerad

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Look at you go! You're absolutely rocking it!Β 

Β 

Spinning Silver was so good. Strong recommend.Β 

I recommend it to others very often. Another reason for me to re-read it is very much the meshing of multiple main characters' journeys, and hoping to get a better view on how to improve my own attempts at it. πŸ˜‰

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, MaeradCase said:

After I finish the trilogy I might go re-read "Firebird", "Spinning Silver"

I don't do nearly as much re-reading as I used to, but I usually revisit Spinning Silver at least once a year.

• That's Metal 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

You are doing soooooooo well!! HOW DO YOU READ SO MUCH? xx

Well, I'm doing my condensing edit re-read and note-taking of my own story's first draft one half-hour at a time per page of notes. I plan to press to get a couple hours of that each day this weekend. I've been marking my progress against the 109 page printout's page numbers. πŸ˜‰

Β 

As for the Winter Night books... I do have a very high reading-comprehension speed, but will also admit I'm zooming through them like a hungry man at a buffet. πŸ˜‚ The downside is I just finished my book and now I need to recover from the whiplash of concluding book two before I start book three. (Thus, even though I have already checked out "The Winter of the Witch", I won't be starting it in the last two hours of my shift)

Β 

1 hour ago, Artemis Prime said:

I don't do nearly as much re-reading as I used to, but I usually revisit Spinning Silver at least once a year.

I reread especially in lieu of reading the final book of a series. I re-read the entirety of "The Expanse" so that everything would be fresh in my mind when they released their final book. I have a lots of series thanks to Cidran's recommendations that are currently pending their conclusion, and it is a burden to me. So I re-read other series/books to distract myself from the pain. πŸ˜‰

• Like 2

Good morning!

Β 

Game night last night was finishing the puzzle I gave my friends for Christmas - it was a Mario Kart puzzle. I worked on the blue skies and clouds while they finished the stadium/crowd dark zones. Unexpectedly, my craft goal met yesterday. πŸ˜‚

Β 

I started off this morning with a page of edit-condensing. I'm really excited to have something for my friends (and any of you if you let me know) to read and let me know what doesn't seem to work so I know where to make fixes. πŸ˜ƒ But more importantly, so I can have a bunch of friends tell me how good a book it is so that I can save up the praise to aid me in getting through the editing phase. πŸ˜…

Β 

I did two sets of sevens so that I wouldn't disappoint you all. Thanks for being my accountability buddies. πŸ˜‰

Β 

22 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Week 2

Barbarian: ⚑🌩

Ranger: 🌿🌿🌿

Wizard: πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“•

Artificer: πŸ”§πŸ”¨

Β 

Gotta hurry up and eat my breakfast (re-fried fried rice with additional carrots, peas, and egg added in) and get ready for work.Β 

Β 

Thanks for stopping by!

Sincerely,

Maerad

• Like 5