On 1/11/2023 at 10:52 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I Like It Good Job GIF

😂 Your approval means as much!

23 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Pick me as a reader, please! 

Two sets of sevens is excellent. Way to go! 

Gladly!

Thank you!

Last night I decided to spend time with Cid watching MHA because I was feeling like turning it on, and it had been a while (he says a week, but it feels longer). I started crying because my favorite character Su/Froppy started crying when she admitted she felt useless. It struck a chord, and I really do adore her, and don't want her to cry anymore. 😭 That show has such good character content. 

Anyway, no puzzle or other crafting points yesterday because MHA gets my undivided attention.

I'm taking 50% credit today for some weighted squats (boxes of coin are heavy, but it wasn't as bad as usual since I was doing squats with good form instead of side-to-side carries) and two sets of waist-high push ups.

I didn't do GMB this morning, but I did do a page of editing, had breakfast, washed dishes, gave into Zemi's demands for wet food, and cleaned out the litter box before going to work. I also bowled up some chili from last night instead of grabbing a freezer meal again. I don't like relying on those, especially when we have left overs handy. And I got my salad ready, too, with the egg, olives, and cheese on top of the bag's mix. 😃 Hidden Hobbit goals this week have been delightful.

It's been a little slow today. I've made some progress in the third Winter night book.

Spoiler

There was a well done intimate scene that has been built up to with the kissing throughout the last two books. 😉

Week 2

Barbarian: ⚡🌩

Ranger: 🌿🌿🌿🌱

Wizard: 📚📚📕📚

Artificer: 🔧🔨📏

Gonna finish up here and do my next page of book editing. Thanks for your company!

Sincerely,

Maerad

• Like 4

Good morning!

Two and a half pages into condensing edits. I'm nearly 75% of the way through. Just finished reading one of my favorite scenes. ❤

I have a lot more reading still to do today, but I should take breaks for food and my other goals so I don't burn out from doing too much all at once.

I haven't worked out yet, though I did do leg exercises to aid my heels. I have to decide if I'm going to skip, delay, or split the effort.

I'll try sharing progress reports here, and avoid Facebook. 😅

Thanks for cheering me on!

Maerad

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Salinger said:

Well done with your week 😍

have you got any weekend plans? X

Editing my book is my current plan, but I have days with friends ahead, so there's that to look forward to. :)

39 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Yes! I am trying to come here instead of Facebook, too. It's been good for my brain. 

Proud of you! Yay favourite scenes!!

I don't know if I shared a snippet of it or not, but it's Paige using the spell Plant Growth. 🤩

I made it to the big battle, and decided another two pages (or was it four?) was sufficient work for the morning. I refilled Zemi's litter box after cleaning it out and sweeping the floor around it, took out the trash, refilled my car's gas tank, and then refilled my gas tank. 😉😂 That is, I had lunch. I decided to get a fish fry Friday special (bonus salad attached - I even ate the tomatoes), even though my brain was skimming through alternative options, because it was what I had decided to get and I felt like any last minute change would probably be more carby or have the temptation to add an unnecessary beverage (I had water).

Anyway, I'm no longer too full to edit, so I'm gonna get back to that. I still haven't exercised today, but I'll be okay with making it up tomorrow before typing up these notes. I have 20% left! 😃

See you again later!

Maerad

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

I gotta say, it has been an absolute inspiration hearing your novel grow and now be in the throes of editing. I'd love to read it at some point :) 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger:  Volume One: Wintering

Winter Goals: Read by candlelight 10 times (5/10), Read The Ranger's Apprentice, Book 1 and Book 2, Re-read The Fellowship of the Ring (in progress), The Two Towers and The Return of the King, Watch all 3 Hobbit films (1/3), Watch all 3 LOTR films (1/3), See doc about leg pain (in progress), see doc about sinuses, Be able to run 1 mile without pain, finish knitting cardigan, repair jeans, plan and sew one project to completion, Finish Masters chapter 2, Read stock book, Plan Spring/Summer Adventures 2023, Start writing again, Reach at least 77kg by March 20.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

1 hour ago, Rhovaniel said:

I gotta say, it has been an absolute inspiration hearing your novel grow and now be in the throes of editing. I'd love to read it at some point :) 

I will make sure to share the coming second draft with you, too! 😃 

Another 5% done, bringing me to 85%, page 93/109, with four more pages of condensing notes made while listening to the big fight's soundtrack (thanks to the cool rhythmic terror of the soundtrack for "They Are Billions" for existing to play in the background both for writing and editing the big fight). I still have a couple pages before they move on, but the ultimate challenge has been accomplished, and all that's left is what takes place between the big fight and the end.

As for me... I want another mental break. 😅 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MaeradCase said:

As for me... I want another mental break. 😅 

I took an hour long mental break, and then at the top of the hour I said "#@$& it!" and turned on music to do my exercise because I still had a mental barrier for resuming editing, and if I didn't do something I might stay stuck on my phone. I just did my workout!!! Woot!!! And Cid got home, so I'll do some editing and then the two of us will do dinner. 😃

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

So! Recap! I definitely spent 6+ hours today doing editing, which got me from page 76 of my book to page 98. That seems like a long time to work on something, which is why I started early and took breaks every few hours. 😅 I have ten pages left, but it's gonna wait til tomorrow so that my braindead state can be relieved with joyous things.

Really happy about getting my workout in even if it was later in the day and much faster due to no warm up and very little cool down. Will do stretching tomorrow to minimize achiness.

On 1/12/2023 at 1:25 PM, MaeradCase said:

Week 2

Barbarian: ⚡🌩🌩

Ranger: 🌿🌿🌿🌱🌿

Wizard: 📚📚📕📚📚

Artificer: 🔧🔨📏🔧

I assembled another nibble of my quilt bite last night. I could work on the fourth one tonight and get closer to getting the chunk assembled and paired with its batting and backing. No pressure on me, though.

Today was very much an accomplished day for me. 😃 Thanks for your support!

Sincerely,

Maerad

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Great progress with the re-read and good job getting your workout in! 🏆 You're a champ! 

Thank you! I have awesome news! I've not only finished hand-writing notes for compacting my story into something sharable. I also spent probably 5+ hours today typing those notes into what was nearly a 10,000 word document. Team NF NaNo knows how hard typing that much is on the hands, but I assure you bunch that it's way easier copying my hand-written notes than drafting those words straight from my brain. 😅

I uploaded it to Google Docs where I finally had an editor to spot the spelling mistakes that I had made throughout it, so I fixed those up, and re-uploaded it. 😂 Now I have a link to share with all my readers, and they can tell me they read it and maybe we can discuss their thoughts. I'd honestly rather it be printed, but I don't know how many people I'd need to print it for. So I'll start with the link for now. 😜

On 1/13/2023 at 7:29 PM, MaeradCase said:

Week 2

Wizard: 📚📚📕📚📚+ 📚

Artificer: 🔧🔨📏🔧📏

Man, I am super proud of myself for getting that phase done. I'm probably gonna watch more MHA with Cid to celebrate. 😉

Have a great evening!
Sincerely,

Maerad

• Like 4
On 1/14/2023 at 7:58 PM, Elastigirl said:

Thank you, Elastigirl. 😍

On 1/14/2023 at 7:36 PM, MaeradCase said:

Now I have a link to share with all my readers, and they can tell me they read it and maybe we can discuss their thoughts.

I spent Saturday evening and various times on Sunday sending out links to friends that said they'd be interested in reading it. Soon, I'll be arranging opportunities for discussing their thoughts on it so that I can take notes of what to hold onto and what to reshape. 

I drove to spend yesterday with a friend, and we stayed past dinner to play games with her and her husband. I postponed our departure, so we got home at 11, an hour past my bedtime. And I didn't get to sleep til nearly 12. I'm feeling too exhausted and drained to exercise, but I feel like it would help my shoulders to do pushes and pulls and get stretched... Maybe I'll do half my exercises? And do the rest tomorrow? If so, I should go and do that now before either ultimate hunger or full stomach can delay the exercise decision. 

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing weird emoji problems when using them. I've been enjoying using them this challenge, but seeing broken links next to them all definitely detracts from the experience. 😕 

Gonna go do the amazing by meeting my barbarian and ranger goals. Artificer should get met today, too, since we continued working on the puzzle yesterday and only have maybe 40 difficult pieces to put in? Wizard goals have been 110% for two weeks straight, so I'm not stressing if I slow things down a few days to give friends a chance to read the thing. 😉 I may even go looking for what open-ended feedback questions can be used to get lots of insight to my work, which counts as some effort on Wizarding. 😍

Gonna go now. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a good Week 3!

Sincerely,

Maerad

• Like 6
On 1/14/2023 at 7:36 PM, MaeradCase said:

Week 2

Wizard: 📚📚📕📚📚+ 📚📋

Artificer: 🔧🔨📏🔧📏+🔨

Week 3

Barbarian: 🌥

Ranger: 🌿🍃

Wizard: 📖📖

Artificer: 🛠

My body is sapped of energy necessary to do even half my exercises. I'm choosing rest in that regard.

I could print my shortened story, but rather than read through it after my enormous effort of typing it, I would rather have a few days' distance. I do get partial credit for sending it out to friends on Sunday, and I get partial credit for researching numerous "What's Next" blogs from NaNoWriMo about editing. Finally found a resource with viable open-ended questions to prompt my beta readers if they don't know what input to give me. Because it's my first time having beta readers, I didn't even know what all to ask for. 😅

The puzzle did get finished yesterday. We also finished watching the last few episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho, I assembled the fourth nibble of my quilt, and we finished last week's episode of Critical Role. Friends came over, we made shepherd pie, and they liked it so much they had seconds and took leftovers. 😅 We were given the remainder of the caramel pie they'd brought, so fair trade. 😂 We had fun playing a few different games with them.

I'll keep reviewing the editing advice I found, and try to start planning the opportunities to speak with my friends about what they've read. Hopefully this goes well. 😅

That's all for now. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Maerad

• Like 3
13 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Week 3

Barbarian: 🌥

Ranger: 🌿🌿

Artificer: 🛠📏

Update on my Ranger goals - I did hip exercises when I got home while Cid got our dinner ready.  

Update on my Wizard goals - I sent out a message to my beta readers to check in on them and let them know I hope to arrange times convenient for them to tell me their thoughts after they've read the doc. I am glad I shortened the book so it'll be feasible for them to read in a reasonable amount of time. I'm looking forward to starting to get feedback and see what opinions overlap and whether my story expressed what I intended it to.

Artificer goals haven't been accessed today, but that's okay. Barbarian goals are tomorrow... low bar is to get 50% at least despite my body hating me presently.

Hope you all have a good evening!

Sincerely,

Maerad

P.S. Thank you, @Salinger, for being my cheerleader. ;)

• Like 3
10 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Barbarian goals are tomorrow... low bar is to get 50% at least despite my body hating me presently.

I did manage to do two sets of sevens acter all. I evaluated my stamina after the first set and decided I had enough energy for one more set to reach my 100% baseline.

10 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Week 3

Barbarian: 🌥🌩

Ranger: 🌿🌿🌿

Artificer: 🛠📏

Hope to finish reading "The Winter of the Witch" today. I was at a halfway point, horrified that things seemed to be tied up, until I found out what wasn't, at which point I was excited for the story to carry on. :D

Tonight would be a good chance to do something crafty, but while energy levels are low, I am okay taking the miss on something. I'm proud of myself for not letting it be the exercise. :)

Hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,

Maerad

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Sovalis said:

The fact that it’s not the exercise taking the hit is super duper awesome. I am wicked proud of you! 

Thank you, Sovalis!

On 1/18/2023 at 7:42 AM, MaeradCase said:

Week 3

Barbarian: 🌥🌩

Ranger: 🌿🌿🌿🌿

Wizard: 📖📖📚

Artificer: 🛠📏🔨

Yesterday I finished "The Winter of the Witch" and therefore also the Winternight trilogy. Definitely loved it. Excited for doing more reading of Russian fairy tales. As much as I would dive into "Spinning Silver" a third time (especially to look carefully at the structure for multiple protagonists and distinction of voices), I'm going to read Novik's other book "Uprooted" first for a palette cleanser (and to enjoy reading it for the second time).

I didn't do anything crafty last night (though part of me considered doing something), but I did spend time with Cid, and I'll count that toward it as 50% of the goal of shared crafting time.

Tonight does NOT have Critical Role streaming because their animated series is releasing the second season on the 20th. I've got the quilt to make progress on, so I might work on it even without CR in the background. 😉

Gonna do some quick hip exercises and get ready for work. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Maerad

• Like 2
23 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Week 3

Barbarian: 🌥🌩🌥

Ranger: 🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿

Wizard: 📖📖📚📖

Artificer: 🛠📏🔨🔨

Partial credit yesterday for Wizarding - even though I haven't started editing my book, I have had one beta reader start giving feedback when they read a portion! My partial credit is for reading. I sped through a dozen chapters while helping out a branch half as busy as mine. 😅

No crafting done last night, but still taking partial credit for time spent with Cid, since I value time spent together more than time spent on separate devices. 🤔 No crafting expected tonight either as we sit down to start Season 2 of The Legends of Vox Machina. 😍

I did one set of sevens this morning, overcoming some major resistance of will, but not motivated enough to complete a second set to get 100%. Proud of starting even if I didn't finish, because it was 50% more than I felt I would do.

Need to clean up and make breakfast. Hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,

Maerad

• Like 4